Results 25,001 to 25,050 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    They really need to be killing it off by 2022, I got shit to do.
    Killing people off?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I don't understand the travel stuff at all. I'm meant to be going to Spain for work in a couple of weeks. As double-vaxxed I can go out there no problem, but I have to do what to get back in?

Right, and what if I don't? Beheaded at the Tower?
    The booking on day two gives you a code to put on your passenger locator form. What you do with the day 2 is up to you, some places (like boots) don't even do the test results if you actually try to be a good citizen. We still have the tests somewhere in the house.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    It still DEFINITELY didn't come from a lab.
    Didn't some university study find the samples with the same strain in it from european countries predating the Wuhan cases?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heads have gone.

WA school leavers COVID vaccination mandate declared a sign of future for vaccine passports

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...4cqv08-pmRZla0

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Didn't some university study find the samples with the same strain in it from european countries predating the Wuhan cases?
    That makes the "escaped from a lab" theory more likely if anything. After SARS the Chinese would take a strong interest in any new CoronaViruses and where better to study them than the The Wuhan Institute of Virology?

In 2005, a group including researchers from the Wuhan Institute of Virology published research into the origin of the SARS coronavirus, finding that China's horseshoe bats are natural reservoirs of SARS-like coronaviruses.[14] Continuing this work over a period of years, researchers from the institute sampled thousands of horseshoe bats in locations across China, isolating over 300 bat coronavirus sequences.[15]

In 2015, an international team including two scientists from the institute published successful research on whether a bat coronavirus could be made to infect a human cell line (HeLa). The team engineered a hybrid virus, combining a bat coronavirus with a SARS virus that had been adapted to grow in mice and mimic human disease. The hybrid virus was able to infect human cells.[13][16]

In 2017, a team from the institute announced that coronaviruses found in horseshoe bats at a cave in Yunnan contain all the genetic pieces of the SARS virus, and hypothesized that the direct progenitor of the human virus originated in this cave. The team, who spent five years sampling the bats in the cave, noted the presence of a village only a kilometer away, and warned of "the risk of spillover into people and emergence of a disease similar to SARS".[15][17]

In 2018, another paper by a team from the institute reported the results of a serological study of a sample of villagers residing near these bat caves (near Xiyang Township 夕阳乡 in Jinning District of Yunnan). According to this report, 6 out of the 218 local residents in the sample carried antibodies to the bat coronaviruses in their blood, indicating the possibility of transmission of the infections from bats to people.[18]

Prior to and throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, coronavirus research at the WIV has been conducted in BSL-2 and BSL-3 laboratories.[19]

In December 2019, cases of pneumonia associated with an unknown coronavirus were reported to health authorities in Wuhan. The institute checked its coronavirus collection and found the new virus had 96% genetic similarity to RaTG13, a virus its researchers had discovered in horseshoe bats in southwest China.[20][21]
    So, there was a very similar CoronaVirus spreading amongst animals nearby AND there was a Lab in Wuhan working on the samples... Let's just say the waters are muddy. Regardless, I highly doubt we'll ever know the true cause of the outbreak. It wouldn't surprise me if the Chinese didn't really know.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I'm going to skip the day two tests. You're just paying for the reference number lol, and it seems like you can put whatever in the form and nobody is going to know any better.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legend.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm back in the office a week on Monday and our new policy is for people to take a photo of the test, as well as do the text/email confirmation. Faff.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's about 50 times as stringent as our policy at work.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're abandoning the social distancing numbers in offices and meeting rooms from Monday and from desks starting November 1st. I think it's dumb to keep artificial measures in place if you are welcoming people back and think it's safe for us to mingle again (it is). It was good today to be back with my team in person today, a lot more productive especially for the new person to finally meet us. We're going up to 3x a week mandatory which I think is one day too many but so be it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got perspex screens going up between desks, which I imagine, unless they're going to tomb people in from floor to ceiling, are functionally useless.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our lot put up a sign about washing your hands and took all the plates and stuff out of the kitchen, that's been about it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My place has been completely 100% normal since at least May except there's one bloke whose head has gone so completely that he won't allow you into the room he works in without a mask and sanitising hands, and the only time he ever leaves his room is to refill his sanitiser bottle.

He was a nice guy before, it's a real shame. I imagine they'll have to get rid of him, in the end.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are all the absolute mentalists still shouting about opening schools and offices being akin to murder, or are the BBC just (finally) ignoring them now?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That reminds me. We had an email the other day about TWO PEOPLE SHARING A TABLE IN THE BREAK ROOM!

They fucking live together.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are completely back to normal, and have been since June, but a couple of melts still are walking round in masks and trying not to touch things.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can’t go indoors anymore because I forgot my insurance number and they won’t vaccinate me without one. Good times. Off to the Red Cross tomorrow with the illegal immigrants.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We never left the office or stopped working so apart from the Perspex and extra sanitiser it’s as usual.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    We never left the office or stopped working so apart from the Perspex and extra sanitiser it’s as usual.
    ...and the 3 masks on your face.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sydney Variant lol.

'We've found a new strain of Delta that has different sequencing to the current strain circulating in Sydney,' she said as she announced the latest figures in a live video address on Friday.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-variant.html

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dquincy View Post
    ...and the 3 masks on your face.
    I'm not surprised counting isn't your strong suit.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I'm not surprised counting isn't your strong suit.
    I was merely complimenting you on your safety measures. Because that's what friends do.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 in 70 has Covid last week in England last week. I smell shite.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    1 in 70 has Covid last week in England last week. I smell shite.
    At least you know you don't have it then.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Touché

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One woman explained she had been 'totally floored' for weeks and more and more people are saying they have been ill, or know someone who is under the weather, according to the Liverpool Echo.
    So just your standard upper middle class white woman.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 10-10-2021 at 12:00 AM.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58851205

Leah Cushman is prepared to lose her nursing job rather than get vaccinated.
    Okay ...

"My beliefs are religious. I believe that my creator endowed me with an immune system that protects me, and if I get sick, that's an act of God. I would not take a medicine that affects the immune system" She denies there is any conflict between these beliefs and the responsibilities of her job.
    Keep her off the maternity ward.

However even the option of regular testing is unacceptable to many of those Americans who refuse to get vaccinated.

Kahseim Outlaw has just lost his job in Wallingford, Connecticut for that very reason.
    Go on ...

Like all teachers in the state, Mr Outlaw was offered an alternative of weekly testing but said he viewed that as an "unnecessary medical procedure" that was uncomfortable.

"The way that our soul speaks to us, that little voice that tells us when something is in alignment or not, that voice is telling me that I need to make this particular decision right now."
    "No, not that cotton bud up my nose. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairplay to those heroes who are willing to give up their careers and financial security to stay true to their beliefs.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big lol at the Nurse that's opposed medical interventions.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See how long her belief in not tampering with her God-given immune system lasts if she gets rheumatoid arthritis or something.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She also claims to have never had a vaccine ever. An impossible thing to claim when you know she's had MMR, polio drops or whatever as a kid.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No she doesn't.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at her complexion it looks like she did Smallpox the hard way too.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I conflated the two statements she made about medicines and vaccines. She's still talking shite.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We received an email today to say that there has been 2 cases of Covid in my daughters class. Both were tested for back on 27/09, but the results have only just come back. One of the kids has been at school for the duration.

Is that how long the tests are taking these days? I don't think there's any twins in her class, so they can't be siblings. Although I guess both parents could have dragged their heels with a postal test.

If the tests are taking that long it's genius stuff from BoJo and crew. You can go to school until you get the test result and you only have to isolate for 10 days from 1st symptoms, so if the test takes 2 weeks...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why we're still testing well people. Complete waste of time and resources.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Surely we'd be better served putting the focus on treating people who're bad with it before they get to death's door. Everyone else cracks on as we were.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I don't know why we're still testing well people. Complete waste of time and resources.
    They had symptoms, they're just allowed to keep going into school until they get the result (I think? Dunno. That's how it read).

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    223 deaths and not a single fuck given.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should do a graph of deaths and hospitalisations against the soft shites and their conduct over the last 2 years. E-victories galore.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    They had symptoms, they're just allowed to keep going into school until they get the result (I think? Dunno. That's how it read).
    School shouldn't be letting them attend (according to guidance). Asymptomatic LFT = isolate until PCR result. Symptomatic? Isolate until PCR result.

Numbers of isolating kids at my school are on the rise and staff sickness is high at the moment and we don't seem to be able to get any agency staff. Thank god it's the last day of term tomorrow.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems that registering for tomorrow's on-site test was so they could do the 'trace' part of track and trace. In short, some dogsbody wants to do more work for themselves and because one person turned positive, they've stepped up a notch.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard not to laugh at this.

Novak Djokovic won't be able to enter Australia unless he is vaccinated, Immigration Minister Alex Hawke says.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-10-...awke/100552484

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-58965650

*NEW VARIANT klaxon*

The media are wanking themselves dry over the potential for a lockdown, I see. They must realise there's no chance of anyone following it now, surely?

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some dragged-up tramp wasn’t served in the shop in front of me just now for not wearing a mask. I didn’t even have to say anything, the lad in the shop wasn’t having it

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The first Covid Briefing in months at 5pm

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cases based bed wetting does appear to be gathering pace.

If we go down this road then it looks as though lockdowns will become an annual event.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's zero chance that the country will abide another lockdown.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The BBC are saying it's just to update on the booster jabs, but some are expecting masks and social distancing to come back.

The government have apparently RULED OUT another lockdown, so we're nailed on to have one at some point now.