User Tag List

Page 367 of 581 FirstFirst ... 267317357365366367368369377417467 ... LastLast
Results 18,301 to 18,350 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definitely not, as you're protecting a more or less Covid-free society and we, well... Definitely aren't, but more to the point nothing is ever enough for these people. We could shut everything down but food deliveries and there'd be some cunt whining about farmers coughing all over their carrots.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time to bring in a social media lockdown for these drama junkies.

Edit: There is also an elemant of luck involved down here as well.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 12-02-2021 at 08:21 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of scaremongering bullshit I have seen on our media in the last 24 hours makes me think there is definitely some sort of co-ordinated approach going on, and I'm the absolute last person to believe in conspiracies, I'm basically an establishment stooge most of the time.

Last night that other SAGE wally said that masks will be in 'forever' and the rule of six in place for a year. I mean, what the actual fuck are these people trying to do?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh Christ, here's another one... it's like machine gun fire at the moment. All absolute horse shit.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...warns-12215570

Speaking on a special programme, COVID Crisis: Learning The Lessons, she admitted it was "difficult to say" if rules this summer could be tighter than they were during the same period last year.
    Why the fuck would rules be tighter this summer than last? Why? We have vaccines!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Outside of lockdowns masks wont be forever that is mental.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're on the ropes, lads.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Oh Christ, here's another one... it's like machine gun fire at the moment. All absolute horse shit.

https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...warns-12215570

Why the fuck would rules be tighter this summer than last? Why? We have vaccines!
    On the plus side, the economy doesn't matter anymore so we'll all be on Universal Credit come June.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quarantine hotels are a dangerously stupid idea.

So obviously we've (well, you've) jumped on them late in the day. There was some talk of them here but apparently 'now is not the time'. Not sure when the time will be, hopefully in the past.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Israel Watch

They're at 67% of the population vaccinated. The Times of Israel have this to say.

5000 new cases yesterday. That number has been steadily decreasing.

But don't open the schools just yet.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having them in the CBD is a stupid idea. The more remote ones eg the one in the Northern Territory are great.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you not just send everyone to Nauru?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quarantine hotels are a bit like the requirement in some countries for outdoor mask wearing, i.e. a measure that is better at being seen to be doing something than it is at actually doing something.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Can you not just send everyone to Nauru?
    We sent them to Christmas Island at the very start. Wasnt a good look so they knocked it on the head.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quarantine hotels are a bit like the requirement in some countries for outdoor mask wearing, i.e. a measure that is better at being seen to be doing something than it is at actually doing something.
    They were forced to do it because most people refused to stay at home for 2 weeks. Overall they have been a positve and have allowed a lot of ex pats to come home.

Easy for me to say as I havent gone through what I assume would be a pretty grim experience.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I suppose it's good to know that there's always a more stupid solution to any given problem.

The best bit about the UK quarantine hotels is the Jocks trying to go full Australia and imposing them on all arrivals, whilst England doesn't. Joined up.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Well, I suppose it's good to know that there's always a more stupid solution to any given problem.

The best bit about the UK quarantine hotels is the Jocks trying to go full Australia and imposing them on all arrivals, whilst England doesn't. Joined up.
    You could borrow our prison Islands? We only have brown men and a Sri Lankan family across the 2 atm.

Journalists and Politicians arent allowed on Nauru so feel free to do whatever.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all undone by the red list anyway. If I fancy going to America, I have to quarantine there for two weeks but I'm fine to go straight home at our end.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Queenslander View Post
    They were forced to do it because most people refused to stay at home for 2 weeks.
    Is there any evidence of this?

We've had [variously stringent] self-isolation requirements for arrivals [whilst also having to have frequent travel for health reasons and essential worker visits from disease central] and managed to make it work for 8 months before the Kent Variant got in, which will probably see us properly locked down for about a month, before things start going back to normal. It feels like that is an as good, if not better, outcome than Australia's quarantine hotels have had [with all the many and varied lockdowns stemming from them - 5 months for Victoria!?!].

It also means we've been able to go and see my wife's family a few times during this which would be point blank impossible in a hotel quarantine environment.

You also say it's let a lot of ex-pats back, it's also fucked a lot of people in the arse as it has basically stopped them from being able to return to their homes [due to the lack of hotel availability and flights as a knock-on].
    Last edited by niko_cee; 12-02-2021 at 09:41 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ill try and find something but my memory from March last year is what Im going off.

Im definitely not saying it hasnt hurt people and it is very easy for me to cheer lead as my life hasnt been affected by it in anyway.

The Federal Govenement has cut back flights in due to outbreaks while letting in any and all people from Hollywood and International sport.

I also dont think what is happening in Australia is possible to recreate anywhere else in the world.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 12-02-2021 at 09:47 AM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a guy who had (well, has) a job in Sydney, had been there 1.5 years or so, happened to be back here visiting family when covid hit, and he basically had to get all his belongings couriered back to the UK because Australia is never going to let him in again - working visa not even a prayer of being let in.

As a result he's been 'working from home' nocturnally ever since.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mental

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a guy who had (well, has) a job in Sydney, had been there 1.5 years or so, happened to be back here visiting family when covid hit, and he basically had to get all his belongings couriered back to the UK because Australia is never going to let him in again - working visa not even a prayer of being let in.

As a result he's been 'working from home' nocturnally ever since.
    That is fucked.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does he pay tax in that set-up?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He works for, shall we say, a 'large' company which will have offices everywhere, so presumably he still pays income tax in Australia if their branch is paying him, but he rents a flat in London so he'll be paying council tax etc there. It's a bit mental to say the least. Last time I spoke to him he was still waiting for the UK branch to find him a gig here after about 9 months.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBC currently trotting out that R is below 1 for the first time since July. How, BBC, did we cut our cases by 80% in the last 5 weeks if R has not been below 1 until now?

I'm not even a mathematician, don't even have A level in it, journalists seem to be completely innumerate, or else they are unwilling to do anything than trot out the government line.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and here is today's frozen dinners klaxon.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UNTIL AUTUMN? MOTHER OF FUCKING ICELAND NO.

x

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would we have thought like this 50 years ago? I think the decline of religion (and the general sanitisation of life in the West) have led to a very unhealthy relationship with death and clearly an unjustified abject terror of it which means people are happy not to live if it means not dying.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we seemingly the only people that would quite like to have lives again?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, why stop at Autumn. This has all been such a blast let's bake it into normal life forever.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would we have thought like this 50 years ago? I think the decline of religion (and the general sanitisation of life in the West) have led to a very unhealthy relationship with death and clearly an unjustified abject terror of it which means people are happy not to live if it means not dying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis Mumford, Technics and Civilization (1934)
    A society that has lost its life values will tend to make a religion of death and build up a cult around its worship – a religion not less grateful because it satisfies the mounting number of paranoiacs and sadists such a disrupted society necessarily produces.
    The best book quote ever. I should get live/laugh/love-like wall art of it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. NHS as the holy temple.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and here is today's frozen dinners klaxon.
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the polling 100%. There's a revelation I've had, and I'm trying to put it into words that aren't too condescending, about the lives of people aged 45+ in this country. 'Frozen dinners' is the best I can do, as Facebook Mums is only the vocal end of it. Go to the supermarket, straight to the frozen section. Breaded chicken cutlets. Yorkshire puddings. Mixed veg. Oven chips, for a treat, on Saturday. Tea bags. Two-finger kit kats. Rich tea biscuits. Snarl at the checkout boy. £20 of petrol. Home. Dust the skirting boards. Time for tea. Oh I like that Richard Osman. One Show. Corrie. Make the bed, for the second time today.

If you live that life, lockdown is basically great, because all your ingrained bitterness about whichever groups you hate has drained away in the enjoyment of everyone being brought down to your level.

Add in another 20% of people who are newly WFH, spending time with their kids/pets and loving the layabout life, and you have a majority not being bothered, easily. Heavily age and gender biased too.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nobody gives a fuck anymore, bar the mask wearing. Cunts just going about their normal business bar the sycophants and gestapo weirdos. Fuck it all, OTC.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m not referring to this poll specifically but even with your rather in depth personification of Facebook mum that only adds up to 45% not 70.

Have you (when you weren’t doing yougov for cash) or anyone you know ever been anonymously polled? It’s all self selecting melts.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't condone the frozen food slander, but I think there is something in that. I would use Vote Leave grouping and put a third in the bitter pile happy to see everyone miserable, a third in the satisfied pile happy to toss off in their garden, and then you have the third in the middle covering the various shades of people sick of it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I’m not referring to this poll specifically but even with your rather in depth personification of Facebook mum that only adds up to 45% not 70.

Have you (when you weren’t doing yougov for cash) or anyone you know ever been anonymously polled? It’s all self selecting melts.
    Their weighting is very good - there will be a 'don't want to be polled by Yougov' weighting that they can't quite get to, but it won't be dramatically out.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sorry I just don’t believe it. They can’t get public sentiment of who people are voting for (their main job) within 10%. How am I supposed to believe this sort of stuff that can swing massively just based on how the question is phrased.

Are social distancing measures the pubs being closed or standing further back at sainsburys? It’s a shit question, a shit poll and a shit company.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty sure their record is as good as anyone on elections, probably better in recent times.

And that isn't their main job, their main job is to make shedloads of cash through brand perception analysis. The political stuff is just a shop window.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being the tallest dwarf is not a win.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And that isn't their main job, their main job is to make shedloads of cash through brand perception analysis. The political stuff is just a shop window.
    And having worked for a Fortune 500 company that hired those kind of people and know that you just get them to agree with what you already want to do or poll until it does. I’m going to take that as further proving my point.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can make data say anything if you try hard enough.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phonics boasting that he worked for a fortune 500 company.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...ght-hospitals/

Quote Originally Posted by The Telegraph
    Under the most conservative estimate, which only included people infected after at least 15 days in hospital, just 8.8 per cent of infections were found to be "nosocomial", or acquired in hospital, equating to 7,906 people. However, under the least conservative estimates – which included those testing positive within three days of entering hospital or 14 days after discharge – the number rises to 40.5 per cent of hospital infections, a total of 36,152 people... The group estimated that 31.4 per cent of infections in hospitals in the first wave were either caught in hospital or a result of a hospital infection being passed to someone in the community. The estimated 'R' value of coronavirus in hospitals has been estimated to be up to 14 in hospitals.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Phonics boasting that he worked for a fortune 500 company.
    That you think that’s boasting says more about you than about me.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean was it really a necessary part of your story

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who else is hiring those people?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The footage of the crowd at the tennis being kicked out at 11:30 last night is proper Nanny State stuff. One bloke still had half a beer left.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 13-02-2021 at 02:39 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why didn’t he just .......... drink it