Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can go to Church... BUT NO SINGING!

Fuck sake.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this mean my shower and driver's seat are Covid high risk hotspots? A sad development.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    You can get your hair cut? The Premier League can play football? But you can't play cricket?

Fuck me.
    The PL (and all 'elite sport', including elite cricket) can return by paying for testing bubbles. Us normies aren't allowed because, well, we're scum I guess.

Is 5 a side football and the like still banned? I haven't checked. Golf is obviously back and has been for some time, as have tennis and basketball (which both presumably involve handling the same ball among multiple players).

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Emia View Post
    Yep my missus place measure how long any inactive periods are on your computer - mouse or keyboard not moving and if it’s more than a couple of minutes they want to know why.
    I’ve got a spreadsheet that moves down a cell every five seconds. I’m never away. And if someone calls me and I miss it (not happened in 12 weeks so far) I’ll just say I was busy and didn’t want interrupting.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Does this mean my shower and driver's seat are Covid high risk hotspots? A sad development.
    Keep your germs to yourself you soulful, soulless, baritone bastard.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The PL (and all 'elite sport', including elite cricket) can return by paying for testing bubbles. Us normies aren't allowed because, well, we're scum I guess.

Is 5 a side football and the like still banned? I haven't checked. Golf is obviously back and has been for some time, as have tennis and basketball (which both presumably involve handling the same ball among multiple players).
    My mate said 3 a side was allowed with no contact.

https://www.goalsfootball.co.uk/comp...ding-covid-19/

6 and a coach.

Shit.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a full club setup which I presume was the Combined Counties side across the road doing informal (but formal) training in my local park on Saturday, all in one group with 20+ of them, prior to that they'd been coming in sixes.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    With everyone working from home, how long before companies realise that some people sitting out in Mumbai can do the same thing for a tenth of the cost?
    It's not good if the Indians are on lockdown.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely the logic behind the 'you can do x but not y' stuff is that these things should be re-introduced gradually rather than all at once.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to wonder how some of these fannies would approach the next few months/years.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If my aunties on Facebook are anything to go by, the they think the initial lockdown was too weak and that we shouldn't have eased it until there is no Covid on our shores.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If, at the start, you had given people notice (a week maybe?*) that there would be a strict full-on lockdown (i.e. literally aren't allowed out) for two (maybe three?) weeks. Could we have just killed it off?

*this probably necessitates some sort of letting shops know so their JIT supply chains aren't fucked like we saw early on.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly. You'd need to really enforce it with police and military powers, though. We would've probably landed somewhere around Italy and Spain's current position. As it is, 800 cases before putting the drawbridge down is .... probably ok.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    If, at the start, you had given people notice (a week maybe?*) that there would be a strict full-on lockdown (i.e. literally aren't allowed out) for two (maybe three?) weeks. Could we have just killed it off?

*this probably necessitates some sort of letting shops know so their JIT supply chains aren't fucked like we saw early on.
    We could have but it took China about 6 weeks didn't it?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Wuhan officially ended lockdown after 11 weeks. They started easing restrictions after 8.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way the supermarkets could have met demand, it would have been chaos.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our problems going into lockdown and our problems coming out of lockdown can all be explained by the same phenmenon, which is scientific advisers saying to the government: 'Well, on one hand, this, but on the other hand...' which is good scientific practice but absolutely awful for policymaking. The failure that went hand in hand with that (and still does) is the government binding itself to that load of prevaricating crap, either because it wants to hide behind it or because it doesn't know how to make a decision.

If we had St Tony Blair or Maggie Maggie Maggie in charge, they would have heard the science, got them out of the room, made a fucking decision and stuck to it.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think one of the worst things about lack down and Covid-19 is we won't learn from the last couple of months and where we went wrong and be destined to repeated the same mistakes if it comes back in force.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Am I missing something or are a lot of the football folk getting their facemask wearing wrong? I saw 4th official Mike Dean (I think) with his over his mouth but not nose at the Spurs game, that's not right, is it? Maybe David Gold told him ho to put it on?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On that note, did we ever actually discover what evidence came forward to persuade our wonderful scientific advisers of the benefits of face masks?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just reading the guidance on restaurants there just no way that's going to be adhered to in any way shape or form. FML.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're sick in the head if you ain't sat inside your local next Saturday at 10PM just to lol at the scenes.

I said it in day zero, to even pretend to think things are going to be in any way policed in that environment is pure

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football is on and....

"All venues should ensure that steps are taken to avoid peopleneeding to unduly raise their voices to each other. Thisincludes, but is not limited to, refraining from playing music orbroadcasts that may encourage shouting"

Fuck off.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    You're sick in the head if you ain't sat inside your local next Saturday at 10PM just to lol at the scenes.

I said it in day zero, to even pretend to think things are going to be in any way policed in that environment is pure
    I'm glad we're more a restaurant and not a pub but there is one yards away from us and it's where most congregate so that'll be where the scenes arrive. Right outside my window too so I'll upload the scenes.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australia is just daily lols atm.

Coles and Woolworths re-instate product limits in Victoria amid reports of panic buying
    Woolworths and Coles will re-impose limits on essential items in its Victorian stores to prevent a second wave of panic-buying.

Both Supermarkets will enforce purchasing limits on toilet paper, hand sanister, paper towels, flour, sugar, pasta, mince, long life milk, eggs and rice from this afternoon.
    https://www.sbs.com.au/news/coles-an...f-panic-buying
    Last edited by Queenslander; 24-06-2020 at 06:22 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're dealing with this like I'd have expected the Yanks to deal with it.

Meanwhile the Yanks are dealing with it the way I'd have expected France to deal with it.

Happily the UK are dealing with it exactly as expected.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are a nation fucking idiots.

Im just relieved the most pretentious state are behaving like retards.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a little peep through our window fella.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just glad it's pissed rain for the past while here. Whatever about knocking over a bunch of pensioners for bog roll, we were getting dangerously close to water shortages.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Football is on and....

"All venues should ensure that steps are taken to avoid peopleneeding to unduly raise their voices to each other. This includes, but is not limited to, refraining from playing music or broadcasts that may encourage shouting"

Fuck off.
    There's no way that survives the first student night.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure some places will bother opening with the restrictions in place and wait it out. Gindependence day is going to be hell.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    I'm not sure some places will bother opening with the restrictions in place and wait it out. Gindependence day is going to be hell.
    Depends on their capital and furlough etc. Others won't have a choice, but fucking lol at those trying to 'get ahead' and spending loads modifying their places to fuck. It'll all be torn down within a month.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Barbers and pubs 15th. Beer gardens on the 6th.

It’s going to be mayhem if the sun stays out.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amid twitter shitting the bed about Bournemouth beach (including a lot of earnest 'Stay at home' tweets - fucking lol), have they not considered that once the pubs and restaurants and bars are open then half of those people will be off the beach and spread about in those?

I'm starting to think that deep psychological damage has been done to about a third of the population. I was scared during the peak but fucking hell, you have to get on with your lives.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stopped caring ages ago now. Last time I looked this had only killed 1 or 2 under 20 and less than 200 under 50. It really is inexcusable bollocks that the whole of society has been locked down in any way, shape or form.

It's not dangerous to most of us, so why have we ruined the economy? Lock up the vulnerable and let me crack on.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 25-06-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're damned if we do, damned if we don't but I imagine we'll be boosting a number of these posts in this thread in time when some of us have done another 180.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To an extent, but the middle of the road approach we've taken really hasn't helped. You either go Sweden, South Korea or China.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're damned if we do, damned if we don't but I imagine we'll be boosting a number of these posts in this thread in time when some of us have done another 180.
    I've been the only consistent one.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was scared during the peak but fucking hell, you have to get on with your lives.
    Never!!
    I'm a twit

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    To an extent, but the middle of the road approach we've taken really hasn't helped. You either go Sweden, South Korea or China.
    You're right but we've been learning on the fly, acting on the fly and failing miserably in our understanding and application of both. I'm of opinion that we should have gone the route of the countries who have had experience in dealing with outbreaks but I say that with hindsight.

I'm naturally delighted about being so close to being able to start work again so I can earn some money to secure myself a little bit if shit does hit the fan somewhere down the line but I do feel anxious about especially because of the amount of experience I have in the industry so I see first hand what guests are like, I know all the things that FoH are supposed to do but won't, the things they'll try to avoid because before Covid was even a thing, I used to do it myself. The guidance that was released, it's unfeasible and there's simply no way that will be adhered to by the majority because that's just the way people are.

Any how, here's my prediction.

We're locked down again before September in some form or other, we see so many businesses go to the wall as a result, even more unemployment than what is coming in the next two months anyway, infections shoot straight up, probably in August time, Yev shits the bed again and only this time he won't get ridiculed because we'll all be that little bit wiser and wary, Jimmy will miss his parents for longer, more members will have someone directly affected (as I write this in fact, last week my bro tested negative as his wife's parents both have it), I can't remember which member was in here but I recall one of our old regulars sadly lost loves ones, we'll have the typical trollish behaviour trying to make light of a bad bad situation (Wafflez, Taz, Magic and the like)

I really wish I could explain myself better via text. I'm almost tempted to do a AMA with Smiff. Live Youtube sesh this evening gents so I can try and explain myself better?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We won't lock down again. We just have to get on with it now. If people want to hide away in their burrows that's up to them.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we do just get back on with it as lockdown itself brings just as many challenges as the virus, I feel. I can't wrap my head around how so many people though, yourself included, who I have always deemed quite intelligent people sort of becoming, for lack of a better word, brain dead. I could understand it from a simpleton like myself but from some of you....it's bewildering, it really is. It's as though you're only seeing what you want to see.

EDIT: I'm not attacking anyone btw, it's just the feeling I have. I hope it's just because I'm a paranoid fuck.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smiff can you explain your reasoning on why you think infections will 'shoot up' given we've seen absolutely no following of the rules and hospitals are pretty much empty?

It's almost as if 'you are seeing what you want to see'.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I've been pretty consistent throughout. There was a real danger flare point in March/April, it passed, and we won't get to that point again, even if there's another spike.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Things would have to get very bad for there to be another full lockdown. There will be local ones where we have the R shoot up like Germany have, but we can't afford to shut everything again.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure there'd be much point locking down again anyway given how incompetent a job we did the first time.

Doing anything different would admit they'd made a mistake which is anathema to them so they'd either do the exact same and watch it all be a shitshow again or, even better, double down on their idiocy and do it even worse.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For that reason tbh, Magic. The best way I can describe it is: I've just filled the kettle up with ice cold water, it is now boiling but taking a little longer to reach optimum temperature as a result. I also filled it right to the brim and now I've gone to my room to do something else thus taking my eyes of it, returning when I think it's finished only the boiled water had bubbled out of the kettle and made a mess all over the surface and floor, I saw the leak on the surface but I didn't see it on the floor....so I slipped on the water, I knocked the kettle down with me and got scolded with third degree burns.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What else has there been to talk about? Everything stops for Covid.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These graphs from the US are interesting:

Toggle Spoiler

It looks like the north east has had more like the experience of a European country, whereas the other regions didn't really get it full on to start with and that's where the upsurges have been.