User Tag List

Page 171 of 581 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173181221271 ... LastLast
Results 8,501 to 8,550 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hardly a surprise people are enjoying time off with 80% pay.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ate a decent edible for my walk to the pharmacy and I was peaking by the time I got there and NO one was social distancing. Very very nervous wait for my head meds.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The other thing I'm looking forward to is having 18 days' holiday to use from 1 November until 31 December (or whenever furlough ends) and all the furloughed people having the same.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why our work brought in a policy of using 10 days by the end of June. I've used 11. I've only got 5 days to book for the rest of the year and I can carry that over.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume Jimmy's in a slightly different situation as he seems to be one of a very small number of people in his office and presumably won't be allowed to take holiday. And of course they've furloughed everybody else so they can't either. And their management appears to be insane so I guess they're going to expect everybody to give them up or carry them over but I dunno how that works legally. I know employers can tell people when they're taking holiday but how would that situation work?

Either way, Jimmy's insane senior managers are going to be flabbergasted when the turkeys do not gleefully vote for Christmas.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    The other thing I'm looking forward to is having 18 days' holiday to use from 1 November until 31 December (or whenever furlough ends) and all the furloughed people having the same.
    Employers have been told all holiday from this year has to carry over into the next two work years. I'm not sure if that's law or guidance.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you still in touch with anyone from the Koreans’ office? What’s happening there?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Employers have been told all holiday from this year has to carry over into the next two work years. I'm not sure if that's law or guidance.
    Doubt it’s law because our gaff have already come out and said they aren’t doing that.

Basically going to start enforcing people to take leave if necessary.

Jim, have you booked any annual leave or raised that question with your boss? Sounds like you need to get that absolutely clear so you don’t get double fucked. Your work sound like a bunch or arses.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've told people on furlough that they are losing 2 days of holiday every month.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Are you still in touch with anyone from the Koreans’ office? What’s happening there?
    Would be interested in this also, but assume we will never know.

Can imagine it’s a case of “what virus. Work work work”.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I've told people on furlough that they are losing 2 days of holiday every month.
    Anyone kick up a fuss?

How have your staff handled being on furlough?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume the extra holiday being carried over is "if you can't practically get it all used by all your staff you have to let them carry more over but you can spread it over two years if need be."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I believe this is what will happen, but the logistics of it sound mental.

Is that legal? I mean, since you've done it I presume it is, but if so I am shocked that my lot haven't done it for the furloughed people. Our MD just keeps saying furloughed people can't take holiday.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fine as long as they aren't doing any work or having to 'check in' or attend calls etc (ala my old work, cunts).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is the info about holiday leave going into the next two years.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/r...uring-covid-19

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Haven't spoken to a soul from there since the day I left, but I imagine they're all systems go with masks. It's only a little place with ten people, albeit one that does $100 million a month.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm continuing to gain holiday as normal and they are adding an extra days holiday for each bank holiday during the furlough period.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't spoken to a Seoul from there since the day I left, but I imagine they're all systems go with masks. It's only a little place with ten people, albeit one that does $100 million a month.
    Quality pun. Props.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    This is fine as long as they aren't doing any work or having to 'check in' or attend calls etc (ala my old work, cunts).
    My people are properly off, I've told them not to even check emails.

Is that legal? I mean, since you've done it I presume it is, but if so I am shocked that my lot haven't done it for the furloughed people. Our MD just keeps saying furloughed people can't take holiday.
    Yep, the same rules apply as if they were working. As long as I give them sufficient notice, I can insist they take "holidays" on days of my choosing. There's a line about "considering if they can enjoy their holiday", but bollocks to that.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/holiday-...virus-covid-19

Here's the relevant bit:

Furloughed workers
    Workers on furlough can take holiday without disrupting their furlough. The notice requirements for their employer requiring a worker to take leave or to refuse a request for leave continue to apply. Employers should engage with their workforce and explain reasons for wanting them to take leave before requiring them to do so.

If an employer requires a worker to take holiday while on furlough, the employer should consider whether any restrictions the worker is under, such as the need to socially distance or self-isolate, would prevent the worker from resting, relaxing and enjoying leisure time, which is the fundamental purpose of holiday.
    Everyone I spoke to was completely fine with it, but then again why wouldn't they be, considering they're getting full pay for months of no work anyway?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Quality pun. Props.
    You think I didn't hear every one of those during the three (!) years I was there.

'That sounds like a good Korea move mate'
    'You've sold your Seoul to the devil there mate'

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SvN.

Forgiven you now for the way you treated that apprentice guy, you cunt.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, the same rules apply as if they were working. As long as I give them sufficient notice, I can insist they take "holidays" on days of my choosing. There's a line about "considering if they can enjoy their holiday", but bollocks to that.
    In that case my best guess is that our mob haven't read the guidelines properly or it hasn't occurred to them, in which case lol.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to think if anybody in our office actually got furloughed. The people off are off because of long-term sick.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In that case my best guess is that our mob haven't read the guidelines properly or it hasn't occurred to them, in which case lol.
    That means best case for you is to be the cunt and suggest it, so you don’t get fucked in November.

Suppose for svn if the employees had said nah, he could’ve turned around and said fuck you then, I’m not topping up the 20%. Amicable, practical solution.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SvN may well end up having to give those people that holiday back.

At the moment it's somewhat unclear as to whether holiday accrues while you're furloughed, but it does, for example, when you're on maternity leave.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    SvN may well end up having to give those people that holiday back.

At the moment it's somewhat unclear as to whether holiday accrues while you're furloughed, but it does, for example, when you're on maternity leave.
    Why? He's doing a good thing by his employees. Whether that's 'legislation' or not surely to fuck they won't contest?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Why? He's doing a good thing by his employees. Whether that's 'legislation' or not surely to fuck they won't contest?
    Why's he doing a good thing? Not saying he's doing a bad thing, but it's the government doing the good thing, surely. SvN's just told his staff not to work at all, which they shouldn't be doing if he's claiming furlough money. If they are and a claim goes in it's technically fraud.

And it doesn't matter whether it's a good thing or not anyway, if it transpires once all is clear that you accrue holiday while on furlough (which very well may be the case) then he has to give them the holiday.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait, so these Furloughed fucks don't have to use their holiday, but I do because I'm still working? I'm getting closer and closer to that protest in the park.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Wait, so these Furloughed fucks don't have to use their holiday, but I do because I'm still working? I'm getting closer and closer to that protest in the park.
    It'll be over by the end of July anyway, which is when the mass redundancy culls will start.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And look at it this way. The furlouged may be living it up on 80% and may have a shitload of holiday to take when they return, but they're also in the group of people who're most at risk of redundancy when the scheme is removed.

Having a job at the end of this scheme will be a far better result than getting paid 80% to watch Netflix during it.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why's he doing a good thing? Not saying he's doing a bad thing, but it's the government doing the good thing, surely. SvN's just told his staff not to work at all, which they shouldn't be doing if he's claiming furlough money. If they are and a claim goes in it's technically fraud.

And it doesn't matter whether it's a good thing or not anyway, if it transpires once all is clear that you accrue holiday while on furlough (which very well may be the case) then he has to give them the holiday.
    It's not important whether people accrue holiday while on furlough. My staff have a fixed number of holiday days per year - I'm not depriving them of holiday, I'm simply specifying that they need to take 2 days per month while on furlough.

The guidelines in the link I shared earlier clearly state that furloughed staff can take "holiday" days.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not important whether people accrue holiday while on furlough. My staff have a fixed number of holiday days per year - I'm not depriving them of holiday, I'm simply specifying that they need to take 2 days per month while on furlough.

The guidelines in the link I shared earlier clearly state that furloughed staff can take "holiday" days.
    And you're paying them at what level while they take that holiday?

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you're paying them at what level while they take that holiday?
    They're being paid in full.

It's really simple because all of my staff are full time that work 37.5 hours per week. There's no shift work, part-timers or anything that would complicate things.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a job at the end of this scheme will be a far better result than getting paid 80% to watch Netflix during it.
    Definitely this and is why, despite all my whingeing, I am also shutting up and getting on with it at work - I need to stay where I currently am, at the front of the queue.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're being paid in full.
    Fair enough.

Misunderstood from your opening post about them losing two days a month.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough.

Misunderstood from your opening post about them losing two days a month.
    Yeah, I just meant they're losing two days from their annual holiday allowance.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And look at it this way. The furlouged may be living it up on 80% and may have a shitload of holiday to take when they return, but they're also in the group of people who're most at risk of redundancy when the scheme is removed.

True but think of the pricks on 80% pay (or 100% in some cases!) who will waltz back into their jobs no problem. I’ll be jealous of them.

The ones without jobs waiting for them, less so.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be over by the end of July anyway, which is when the mass redundancy culls will start.
    Going to be a blood bath.

Saw a load of guys packing up beer from a local bar here in cases (assume owners clearing the joint, didn’t look like rogues) so I guess that’s them closing down, or at least shutting that particular location for good.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To chip in on the holiday stuff, our work sent an email to say that they had examined the government guidance with legal and there was no obligation to allow us to carry all our holiday over. However management have said discretionary measures are there and they'll let people do it as long as they aren't cunts about it and trying to book it all off at the same time.

However we're all still working as normal from home. Wife is on furlough and she's been told she must take a week of holiday at end of May.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Work has asked us to book every day of holiday between now and the 31st December. Any idea why this would be? Is my company broke?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's surely workflow planning?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to have taken 10 days by end of June. I’ve already taken 11 from birthday, Budapest and hangovers from New Year. 19 days plus public to take from July-Dec

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Byron View Post
    That's surely workflow planning?
    I mean maybe but we've never been asked to do this before.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing your company has never experienced a worldwide pandemic before either.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our work asks us to do it but I just get annual leave off at a days notice half the time as I don’t take anything during school holidays.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Entitled annual leave is a cost/liability to the company, so they are trying to get you to use it now (during a period where there is potentially less workload/revenue anyway). This reduces company liabilities.

I've been on "voluntary" 1 day a week annual leave (essentially reducing our hours to 4 working days per week) since April, which then became forced temporary changes to bring all our contracts down to 4 days per week until July.

I would also be very surprised if many companies carried so much profit margin/cashflow to allow staff to be furloughed for much longer. I don't know the details of the government subsidy scheme in the UK, but the cost to the economy and businesses must be massive. Jobs are bound to be lost in mass if this carries on any longer.
    Last edited by hfswjyr; 15-05-2020 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most businesses aren't topping up salaries, so the furloughed staff are costing them fuck all.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until July when the carnage begins

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most businesses aren't topping up salaries, so the furloughed staff are costing them fuck all.
    So the UK government is paying 80% of full salaries without a salary cap? That seems excessive.