Results 8,201 to 8,250 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Yeah I get that there's plenty of evidence - that's not really the point I was trying to make. It's more the fact that due to it being open to very easy abuse, they'd either need to just let that slide or assess claims on an individual basis. There's just not enough resource to do that, especiallly if your number of millions is accurate.
    I understand the reasons for not wanting to but that doesn't make it any easier to swallow. If anything I am more alarmed that we don't have much in place to sniff out fraud when and where it exists, especially as it's public funds. I can't remember which MP stated it's into the millions but as I say, given hospitality alone account for over 500,000 it's not exactly small numbers and again, they have done exactly what we have been asking for for TUPE'd workers so this could have been rectified weeks ago. Fleur Anderson wrote to 30 ministers and got just 4 replies...things like that seem more why it won't happen as opposed to any extra work imposed on HMRC or whatever.

Morally it's just completely wrong but I'm sure in the weeks and months to come more will be said of all this when others start realising that some of us have lived with no furlough, no jobs and no entitlement to various benefits....we're drowned out now because of all the other noise but when the million plus doubles, trebles or even quadruples and those who come off furlough pay realise there is zero support for them either then shit will brew.

I find it all rather tiring tbh and I am a bit bitter but I would like to think I have every right to feel a bit aggrieved.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    They've since clarified that it isn't, you can only see one.

When I say clarified, I of course mean 'contradicted him'. Ministers are so fucking badly briefed on everything, half of what comes out of their mouths is just bollocks.
    X100.

I wouldn't be too fussed if I didn't like what was said but when you spend so much time deciphering what was actually said you forgot what was said in the first place because your mind goes instantly to "hey, but such and such said this...."

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely agree you're got a right to feel aggrieved Smiffy. You've basically been told you aren't entitled to the same benefits as others because you were unfortunate enough to change jobs during a certain time period. It's a real shit sandwich to have to swallow.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't seen Boris' speech yet, but I will admit I had a good laugh at how unclear the Australian PM's lockdown speech was on 24th March.

Tuesday night’s cascading instructions from Scott Morrison’s podium were stay home everyone, but if you have a job, you are an essential worker, so make sure you keep working. Go to school, but don’t go to the foodcourt. Five at a wedding, 10 at a funeral, 10 at a bootcamp, but no yoga. No waxing, but a hairdresser for 30 minutes is still OK.
    https://www.theguardian.com/australi...-sow-confusion

Some other highlights:
    And so from midnight tomorrow night, all of these following activities and they include some that I've already announced from earlier, will no longer be taking place. Cafes I've already said, but for takeaway that will continue. So no change to the issues around cafes. Food courts and shopping centers will not be allowed to continue, but getting takeaway from those food outlets in those shopping centers that can continue because takeaway is able to be done.
    Outdoor and indoor markets excluding food markets like Flemington and things like that because that is essential to ensuring the food supply right across the country.
    Community and recreation centers, health clubs, fitness centers, yoga, barre. I hope I've pronounced that correct. I might need some help with that. I'm not quite sure what that is to be honest, but B-A double R-E for those who were looking for the specific definition and spin facilities, saunas, bathhouses, wellness centers. Boot camps and personal training is limited to a maximum of 10 people and the social distancing arrangements must be strictly enforced.
    Now weddings can continue to be conducted where it is just the couple, the celebrant and the witnesses. That's no more than five people and the four square meter rule has to be observed within the venue in which that's taken place. But large gatherings for weddings, sadly won't be possible under these new arrangements. And sadly also, and I know this will be very difficult, funerals to know more than 10 persons observing the rules around the four square meter rule and the social distancing practices.
    Outdoors, do not congregate together in groups. Now the medical experts panel have made suggestions about how that can be managed. It's very difficult to put a number on it, but the point about it is this. If you're gathering together in a group, say 10 people, together outside in a group, that's not okay. We've got to move people on. It's not a hard and fast rule. I say it only for illustrative purposes.

The video and transcript is here:
    https://www.rev.com/transcript-edito...plink&ts=214.9

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, Jim, you’re a pretty logical man. Are you following the rule to the letter ;94 for the sake or it meaning you can’t see your parents or are you going to abide social distancing and just go see them in your garden for an hour or two anyway.

If I was nearby my parents I’d be going around if I didn’t think I was ill and they were happy to see me abiding distancing. If, in the very unlikely scenario, some copper decided to pitch up and question it I’d apologise and leave if necessary pointing towards the unclear guidance.

If you’re worried about infecting then don’t go, if you’re not, I wouldn’t be worried about the exact detail (it’s not clear anyway) and just do what feels right and appropriate.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My wife is visiting her parents tomorrow. She was hoping it would be cleared yesterday, but I've told her to just go anyway. Her mum has rapidly worsening alzheimers and there's important paperwork that needs signing.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    I mean, Jim, you’re a pretty logical man. Are you following the rule to the letter ;94 for the sake or it meaning you can’t see your parents or are you going to abide social distancing and just go see them in your garden for an hour or two anyway.

If I was nearby my parents I’d be going around if I didn’t think I was ill and they were happy to see me abiding distancing. If, in the very unlikely scenario, some copper decided to pitch up and question it I’d apologise and leave if necessary pointing towards the unclear guidance.

If you’re worried about infecting then don’t go, if you’re not, I wouldn’t be worried about the exact detail (it’s not clear anyway) and just do what feels right and appropriate.
    I would go if it wasn't for the following factors:

1) I'm travelling to the office every day so could be picking up more covids than people who are wfh/furloughed;
    2) They are mid 60s;
    3) One of them has a job whereby it'd be best if they weren't seen by the local busybodies to be flouting rules;
    4) It's the sort of area where there are snoopy cunt neighbours who, if they saw me driving in, would be spreading rumours/turning their noses up at the parents;
    5) I was brought up to abide by the law.

If the 3 of those 5 things which relate to the law/guidance were removed, then I'd go, as I think the virus risk is reasonably low; as it is I think it's best that I don't just yet. I'm sure it won't be more than another round of review before such things are possible.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My movement is dictated by how seriously the people I know are taking it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    My movement is dictated by how seriously the people I know are taking it.
    With the shambles last night and this morning from the government I think that'll soon be the same or most if it isn't already.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest problem with the whole thing is that the central logic running through the rules and regs is that people should risk infection for GDP, but not for any reason dear to their hearts. People are just going to respond badly to that.

Would this be different under a left wing government; I very much doubt it, but whatever.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    With the shambles last night and this morning from the government I think that'll soon be the same or most if it isn't already.
    Aye. My daughter is going to her grandparents whilst I work from home, and my wee sis and bro were round last night for a chat.

My step-mum won't let us in to dad's but she believes 5G caused this, and I daren't go in to my grans as she's 83 and not long out of hospital. My partner's mother is a very fit 70 year old who we've regularly seen since this started. She's alone and her mental wellbeing taking a kicking as she was very socially active.

Mental health very important.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're going to break the rules, do it now because we'll be back in lockdown by this time next month.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    If you're going to break the rules, do it now because we'll be back in lockdown by this time next month.
    I've never followed them.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just taking the headline in isolation, no shit.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you looking at shit like this?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are you looking at shit like this?
    It was at the top of the Guardian's homepage.

Also, why not?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    It was at the top of the Guardian's homepage.

Also, why not?
    It's anxiety inducing guess work. Just curious to your mindset is all.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your first mistake Magic is to assume that alll people who read that will be made anxious by it.

That reaction explains why people think I'm hiding in a bunker mind.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's anxiety inducing guess work. Just curious to your mindset is all.
    Anxiety inducing? You've literally just said that you've not been following any of the rules, you giant clopper.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone in my town did this:

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anxiety inducing? You've literally just said that you've not been following any of the rules, you giant clopper.
    Exactly. I'm working off facts, not guesswork.

FACTS:

Dangerous to me = no
    Dangerous to vulnerable = yes, so stay away

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly. I'm working off facts, not guesswork.

FACTS:

Dangerous to me = no
    Dangerous to vulnerable = yes, so stay away

Has nobody told you that you can carry it to others or are you just that thick/selfish?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His immune system is also AMAZING and he never posts about how he's dying in the sickness thread...

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Has nobody told you that you can carry it to others or are you just that thick/selfish?
    Do you not understand 'stay away'?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fact 1 is a non-fact. Congrats.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you not understand 'stay away'?
    You’ve just said you’re following none of the rules. None. In the very post I quoted (in replying to another).
    So you are following some rules then. Does that lose you some of your hard man points?

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’ve just said you’re following none of the rules. None. In the very post I quoted (in replying to another).
    So you are following some rules then. Does that lose you some of your hard man points?
    No because the rule is see no-one.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else see a problem with my personal rules based on absolute science and logic instead of fearmongering, political point scoring and YouTube videos? No?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep on smashing it MJ in the face of these fucking desperate melts. You're absolutely bang on unless these cunts are living a hermit life in fear of the flu and what-not round the clock.

PS. That Mahow image is making me so wet. The rebellion gathering pace. Just wait until they have to increase the alert level

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol. 2nd wave incoming.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could smell Boyd's fear through that post. Leave it mate, it's not fun. Just be yourself and don't go and see any near-death fat losers like Smiggles and Faghow.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's just you reposting it, Spikey.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That's just you reposting it, Spikey.
    Edited

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could smell Boyd's fear through that post. Leave it mate, it's not fun. Just be yourself and don't go and see any near-death fat losers like Smiggles and Faghow.
    Are you still losing sleep over the Pneumonia monster under your bed?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else see a problem with my personal rules based on absolute science and logic instead of fearmongering, political point scoring and YouTube videos? No?
    It's not based on science and logic though, is it. If you're seeing people, you and they are potentially spreading the virus.

Now it's a different story as to whether that's an inevitability and whether we get on with it now as a result, but let's call a spade a spade, that's what you're potentially doing.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not based on science and logic though, is it. If you're seeing people, you and they are potentially spreading the virus.

Now it's a different story as to whether that's an inevitability and whether we get on with it now as a result, but let's call a spade a spade, that's what you're potentially doing.
    And it's at their discretion whether they want to kill vulnerable and/or old people, not mine.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He hates his family and he has no friends. He ain't seeing people.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And it's at their discretion whether they want to kill vulnerable and/or old people, not mine.
    By that logic being an arms dealer or a drug baron are both perfectly moral jobs to have.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By that logic being an arms dealer or a drug baron are both perfectly moral jobs to have.
    What the...

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a similar point to that, I'd be staggered if we got to July and pubs were allowed to re-open. Absolutely staggered.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear lord, Piers on an absolute rampage this morning going off the couple trending clips. It's all well and good hearing the sourdough sissies moaning but ITV viewers' dissent will soon start a mutiny.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lewie.

In isolation what you're doing is fine Magic, but nothing is happening in isolation. You'll come into contact with people who say they're doing the same, but somewhere along the line there'll be someone who gives it to an old codger, or has an underlying health condition they weren't aware of and it's +1 to the death stats. Except it isn't just +1 because this thing spreads like wildfire.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Dear lord, Piers on an absolute rampage this morning going off the couple trending clips. It's all well and good hearing the sourdough sissies moaning but ITV viewers' dissent will soon start a mutiny.
    He needs to evolve his act to include his own opinions on how we get out of this (if he has any) or else he'll go stale quite quickly.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love going for a swim in my north London pond.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need to write to my MP to confirm if a really big puddle can suffice.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Are you still losing sleep over the Pneumonia monster under your bed?