Page 156 of 581 FirstFirst ... 56106146154155156157158166206256 ... LastLast
Results 7,751 to 7,800 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Ah I’m only joking. You used to go through phases where every post on this read like the headline and first paragraph of a Daily Mail story. You’ve flattened the curve though.
    Flattened the curve of the neighbour's skull and is feasting on the goo inside.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Flattened the curve of the neighbour's skull and is feasting on the goo inside.
    My neighbours on both sides are having people round left, right and centre now.

Got a guilty look from one of the guests over the fence yesterday. If only they knew....

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The three year old downstairs rang on my doorbell before running away on Sunday, as three year olds do (let's call it 'lockdown ginger'). A few minutes later the doorbell rang again and it was the family lining up at a 2m distance to apologise for her intransigence: dad, mum, three year old on bike, uncle smoking a fag, aunt, older women who I presume was grandma... the whole fucking works chilling together for Sunday dinner. Arseholes.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone I know had the police round his house on Friday getting a ‘warning’ for visiting a Prostitute’s house at the start of Lockdown. Police and the Anti Social team had been watching the house or something.

Worst thing is he only got a blowjob.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The SAGE papers released this morning and Vallance's responses to the Commons conmittee are insightful stuff.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The SAGE papers released this morning and Vallance's responses to the Commons conmittee are insightful stuff.
    Admitting some things should have been done differently is interesting. They're caving on face masks too.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure 'caving' is the healthy description. Just sounds like what 7om was saying, they can't give conclusions without sufficient evidence as is the beauty of SCIENCE and fact is the evidence isn't there yet to go in hard and fast, erections-in-hand. I really disagree with people attributing blame to scientists, least of all ordinary people with no significant scientific (nor insider) knowledge.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Someone I know had the police round his house on Friday getting a ‘warning’ for visiting a Prostitute’s house at the start of Lockdown. Police and the Anti Social team had been watching the house or something.

Yeah, that's the worst thing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post

This reads a bit 'asking for a friend'.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure 'caving' is the healthy description. Just sounds like what 7om was saying, they can't give conclusions without sufficient evidence as is the beauty of SCIENCE and fact is the evidence isn't there yet to go in hard and fast, erections-in-hand. I really disagree with people attributing blame to scientists, least of all ordinary people with no significant scientific (nor insider) knowledge.
    That isn't the beauty of science while in a pandemic, it's a significant problem.

One also doesn't need insider knowledge when you can see what other countries are doing. The use of face masks is spreading across Europe like the disease itself and I still haven't seen a coherent explanation for why we should be behaving any differently.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In any walk of life one needs to make decisions without all of the information available. It's just another thing I don't think our scientists should be exempt from doing while we wait around for conclusive, copper bottomed proof.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like furlough’s changing.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Sounds like furlough’s changing.
    How and where have you seen that?

Pull the plug on Furlough and our unemployment goes through the roof.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    How and where have you seen that?

Pull the plug on Furlough and our unemployment goes through the roof.
    The Treasury will lower it to 60% and encourage people to work part time or to find another job in an attempt to get the economy going.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/r...-a4432181.html
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting.

60% is a halfway house that doesn't really benefit anyone other than those that don't need to work anyway.

The only thing that will properly get the economy going is ridding the UK of the virus or just behaving as if it isn't there.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really intrigued to see what they do with it. We haven't had any meaningful enquiries for new work since lockdown started, so once the furloughed people come back, they'll run out of work very soon unless that changes.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    This reads a bit 'asking for a friend'.
    My missus is stunning. When Tinder exists, I really do not understand how people need to pay for sex.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I am really intrigued to see what they do with it. We haven't had any meaningful enquiries for new work since lockdown started, so once the furloughed people come back, they'll run out of work very soon unless that changes.
    Where I get to is that unless you want millions more unemployed people, furlough has to continue while any significant distancing measures are still in place.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah it's because we're all feckless wasters who are taking advantage of the generosity. Get out there and work! [/bam]

But also stay at home and don't go within 2 meters and don't visit your grandma.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That isn't the beauty of science while in a pandemic, it's a significant problem.

One also doesn't need insider knowledge when you can see what other countries are doing. The use of face masks is spreading across Europe like the disease itself and I still haven't seen a coherent explanation for why we should be behaving any differently.
    Pretty sure it's been covered on here. Beside minor issues with people's inability to source and use masks of adequate quality in a correct manner, there's also the point regarding making people think they're invincible and leading to negative outcomes.

In any walk of life one needs to make decisions without all of the information available. It's just another thing I don't think our scientists should be exempt from doing while we wait around for conclusive, copper bottomed proof.
    You seem to be conflating scientista with decision-makers which is why you end up losing your rag with the holy bastion that is science.

If you want certainties go to politicians and religious leaders cause that dumb shit has no place in science.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Masks are at best a 'might as well' rather than a game changer. I have ten I nicked from work to account for the event we are forced to wear them, but I don't see the point. Far Eastern people love them because they absolutely can't get enough of dehumanising themselves and submitting to authority.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    The Treasury will lower it to 60% and encourage people to work part time or to find another job in an attempt to get the economy going.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/r...-a4432181.html
    Hopefully I'll be back working before they drop it to 60%.

I know work wise we had a massive backlog before all of this, it's going to be bonkers when we do get back to work.

80% of our work is in peoples houses or flats. No idea when it will be deemed safe for us to work even with measures in place.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taz has followed the 'I fucking love science' facebook page and thinks he's a scientist now.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oi, Boyd, carry on with your 2.5k a month, you chump.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    there's also the point regarding making people think they're invincible and leading to negative outcomes.
    And what exactly is that based on? It seems an assertion that's just as credible as stating they do work, albeit in a limited fashion.

You seem to be conflating scientista with decision-makers which is why you end up losing your rag with the holy bastion that is science.

If you want certainties go to politicians and religious leaders cause that dumb shit has no place in science.
    By THE SCIENCE, of course I mean the decision makers. How can people not deduce that? I've obviously no issue with science in and of itself, anyone who does is a moron, my issue is with people.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Masks are at best a 'might as well' rather than a game changer. I have ten I nicked from work to account for the event we are forced to wear them, but I don't see the point. Far Eastern people love them because they absolutely can't get enough of dehumanising themselves and submitting to authority.
    They've also been dealing with pandemics for ages and on all available evidence they're dealing with this far better than the west, so I'll take a bit of dehumanisation if it means seeing the back of this piece of shit virus a bit quicker.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Case in point, on THE SCIENCE, go back to the opening press conference with Boris and Whallance, all saying we'll be guided by the science. Well that's all well and good if the science is abundantly clear, but when it obviously won't be during a novel virus pandemic you need to get out from hiding behind those block capitals, work with what is available and make some bloody decisions.

I've been sat (working before you start Bam) in my front room today, which faces the street, and lockdown may as well be over for the ludicrous numbers of groups and cars going by. That's a direct result of a lack of leadership and a coherent plan, which actual science can't sort on its own.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to the shop this morning before starting work for fresh bread and milk and although it's still nowhere near normal rush hour traffic, it does seem like the roads are getting busier. The shop seemed busier too and there were quite a few tradesmen looking types in at that time.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My commute is still very quiet but that is almost entirely driven by schools being closed. School traffic seems to be about 5 times heavier than work traffic in my area.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are being forced to wear them here in France in certain situations when the lockdown will be lifted (obligatory in public transports, hairdressers etc and stores have the right to not let you in if you don't have one), but admittedly they've done a great job with making them available.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all our gear. You've got Breton shirt nonces on little bikes wearing the UKIP-branded masks we ordered.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My commute is still very quiet but that is almost entirely driven by schools being closed. School traffic seems to be about 5 times heavier than work traffic in my area.
    Nailed on, it's like the school holidays more than anything else.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ridiculous he has a little NHS Heroes badge on his lapel nowadays.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was quite obviously Chris Grayling 2.0 before the election. I'm amazed he's still in position, must know where Boris' bodies are buried.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That breaking news thing along the bottom says 'asymptotic health workers'.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's clearly wrong on the quantifiable points, which is presumably why the flange tweeting about it has chosen to frame it as him responding solely to what she said about what people think, which he wasn't doing.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cabinet maker and car mechanic near my work are flat out working away since this morning. Must have missed that announcement.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lots of places opening up a bit more this week, we technically never closed and we're bringing some people back.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a few weeks of thinking about it, I reckon having carried on working in the usual way throughout this will make me mentally tougher than approximately everyone who's been on the furlough scheme. Definite signs in the whatsapp group from my own furloughed colleagues that the initial period of disappointment at being dropped is over, and they're now enjoying living the life of riley on 80% pay.

When people get dragged in off that they'll be mentally scarred for months.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or when they get hit for another 20% reduction and it becomes clear they might not be getting their jobs back.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get fucked Italy.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite amazing how we've overtaken Italy, been obvious for days/weeks that we were going to and nobody gives a shit.

Imagine how bad it would have been if we'd had generations living on top of each other.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't the answer to that either we do or probably about the same (as that speculation was maybe wrong).

Given France think they had a case in late December I'm not sure how you can make outcome based judgments, other than the extent to which countries were lucky or unlucky in terms of that initial spread. Most big nations seem to fall into the unlucky category.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite bizarre. I figured the open borders might have arsed us but Europe was equally wide open.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/...avirus-europe/

There's a lad in work swears blind him and his Mrs had this in November, and wasn't it Spikey had suspicions too?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/...avirus-europe/

There's a lad in work swears blind him and his Mrs had this in November, and wasn't it Spikey had suspicions too?
    Me and my mrs had 'the Flu' over Christmas and New Year. Awful cough, could barely move for exhaustion. It was awful. The mrs then went on to have pneumonia and needed 2 lung x-rays and 4 different antibiotics (across 2 courses). The dr at the time commented that it was odd for it to be spread across both lungs. I suspect had she had it a month or so later she would have been hospitalised as a precaution atleast. She couldn't walk more than a few meters at a time.

We'll probably never know if it was this. But it was shit whatever it was and it ticks the right boxes. Problem is, so does the Flu.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 05-05-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Isn't the answer to that either we do or probably about the same (as that speculation was maybe wrong).

Given France think they had a case in late December I'm not sure how you can make outcome based judgments, other than the extent to which countries were lucky or unlucky in terms of that initial spread. Most big nations seem to fall into the unlucky category.
    You can make a judgement based on when we initially locked down, which as I said at the time was too late. We all know how it spreads exponentially, so the death toll would be lower, perhaps a lot lower if we hadn't pissed around for a week, perhaps two.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Me and my mrs had 'the Flu' over Christmas and New Year. Awful cough, could barely move for exhaustion. It was awful. The mrs then went on to have pneumonia and needed 2 lung x-rays and 4 different antibiotics (across 2 courses). The dr at the time commented that it was odd for it to be spread across both lungs. I suspect had she had it a month or so later she would have been hospitalised as a precaution atleast. She couldn't walk more than a few meters at a time.

We'll probably never know if it was this. But it was shit whatever it was and it ticks the right boxes. Problem is, so does the Flu.
    December would have still been at the ebola stage of "God it's bad but at least it'll never come here" type thinking across Europe too wasn't it?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, you're still behind Italy and Spain in relative numbers. If something is worrying is that you're still getting much more cases daily and it's not down to more testing.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    December would have still been at the ebola stage of "God it's bad but at least it'll never come here" type thinking across Europe too wasn't it?
    I don't think it was even widely known about until maybe mid January, was it?