User Tag List

Page 148 of 581 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,400 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be all for finishing the season if the games were free to air. The players safety isn't really an issue when they're all attending each others gangbangs anyway.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could that Dominic Cummings story have got any better? Turns out yes it could:

Boris Johnson’s most powerful political aide pressed the U.K.’s independent scientific advisers to recommend lockdown measures in an effort to stop the spread of coronavirus, according to people familiar with the matter... Speaking on condition of anonymity because the meetings are private, the people said Cummings asked why a lockdown was not being imposed sooner, swayed the discussion toward faster action, and made clear he thought pubs and restaurants should be closed within two days. They then were.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did those anonymous sources that said Dominic Cummings was a top lad happen to be Dominic Cummings and Dominic Cummings?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly. He's everywhere and anywhere.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting that your hero held the same opinion as me. One that IIRC you weren't particularly onside with at the time.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't. I'm lolling at everyone chimping out to the original story by assuming he would have influenced them in the opposite direction.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schools reopen on Monday over here, with each kid given 9 reuseable cotton masks that they must wear until further notice.

Four day weekend from tomorrow - it's going to be interesting to see if people flock to the beaches, malls and restaurants, or whether they just stay put for a couple more days.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Schools reopen on Monday over here, with each kid given 9 reuseable cotton masks that they must wear until further notice.

Four day weekend from tomorrow - it's going to be interesting to see if people flock to the beaches, malls and restaurants, or whether they just stay put for a couple more days.
    Missus kid went back on monday as schools are open to anyone with a job that cant stay home. Temp gun every morning to see if the kids are healthy.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As if kids are going to abide by that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should put some kind of adult in charge of each class or something.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The columnists' coffee club relationship with Deadly Dom is endlessly funny. He is the devil figure that they need in order to keep their cosy profession afloat, in the face of its utter irrelevance, but the only problem is that he is consistently correct about everything. He absolutely loves winding them up too, with his shabby clothes (the horror!), lol pronouncements and the fact that he has read things not written by one of his friends.

To be honest, I would want him in my corner in any difficult situation (newspaper columnists do not face difficult situations).

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chinese scientists reckon this is going to keep coming back https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ina-scientists

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have we been able to establish definitively if you have any immunity after catching it? If not, and given it's been around for 5 months now, why not?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wouldn't it be the same reason we aren't immune to the cold or flu?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Wouldn't it be the same reason we aren't immune to the cold or flu?
    Maybe. But it just seems quite woolly in terms of information that's out there, or at least that I've seen. I'm no scientist..., but I would have thought within 5 months it would have been possible to ascertain if there is any immunity or not.

And I think it's important, as if there isn't any we truly are fucked as a country compared to many others.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing I read yesterday said nobody's confident about making any statements on immunity because there aren't enough examples of people who've supposedly had it twice where the initial diagnosis can't be properly verified.

You'd think we should be a bit closer to that being confirmed one way or the other though if there's testing that does actually work.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a Netflix 'Explained' show on Coronavirus and within that they said that we are immune to literally every other Coronavirus for 1-2 years after having them.

We're gonna need that Vaccine and it'll need updating every winter.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most people don't really need to be immune to this, on a personal level, any more than they need immunity against the common cold. If it's not going to go away and we're going to continue shitting the bed about it then we'll just have to face the fact that all the oldies are going to have to be locked up indefinitely and/or we (and they) just live with it (or don't).

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. In the end we will just have to get on with it. The question is how long people are prepared to go on having human life on hold before that point. Some of them seem so hysterical that it could be quite a long time.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're talking about a virus that is much worse than the Flu and hospitalises 20% of people. Not all of which are old people.

You can't just say 'fuck vaccines', Pensioners, asthmatics, and the rest of you sickly cunts can stay at home. I'm off to Magaluff.

Non sickly people live with sickly people and young people live with old people. If there's no herd immunity, immunised or otherwise, and we try to move back to normal then a fuck tonne of people will die and the NHS will be fucked.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How are people saving money during lockdown? Shopping was £130 this week. It’s normally £70 cos I eat two nights a week at my parents, and they feed my daughter three full days. Skint, man.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    There's a Netflix 'Explained' show on Coronavirus and within that they said that we are immune to literally every other Coronavirus for 1-2 years after having them.

We're gonna need that Vaccine and it'll need updating every winter.
    'We' are not, unfortunately. By the time I'm classed as old and vulnerable it'll all be over.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    How are people saving money during lockdown? Shopping was £130 this week. It’s normally £70 cos I eat two nights a week at my parents, and they feed my daughter three full days. Skint, man.
    My avg spend on my credit card was £2,000 a month. It's dropped to about £500.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spikey I think you're really underestimating how much people want to be able to go and buy a Whopper and frankly I think you're being pretty selfish with your outlook on this.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Big Mac 4 lyf
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Easy. We're not doing anything. Normally, my wife takes the kids to loads of groups, my daughter has dancing and swimming lessons, I have my gym membership, we aren't going out to farms, zoos and soft plays at the weekends or eating lunch out. I also haven't needed petrol for over a month.

My wife is working more too... which I'm not so keen on.

Our food shops have gone up. Electric and gas will follow, but we're tucking away a fair bit into savings at the moment.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Spikey I think you're really underestimating how much people want to be able to go and buy a Whopper and frankly I think you're being pretty selfish with your outlook on this.
    I don't doubt it, and I think we'll come out of lockdown too early and trigger a second wave. Besides, such people should be aspiring for BigMacs anyway.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're spending a fortune on alcohol.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    We're spending a fortune on alcohol.
    I've had to force myself back onto weekends only. I think I drank every night for about 3 weeks at one point.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least in these tough times some of us can agree that Whoppers are rubbish.

And I'm also trying to make a point of only drinking as I normally would and otherwise spending a stupid amount less money than I normally do.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're talking about a virus that is much worse than the Flu and hospitalises 20% of people. Not all of which are old people.
    Depending on how you define 'old', statistically speaking they are.

'Hospitalises 20% of people' also sounds both hysterical and factually inaccurate, but whatever.

Other than the return of sport, and I'm not even all that sure about that seeing as it's as much (if not more) of a burden on the soul as it is a pleasure, I'm dreading the end of lockdown. I love it. Never having to go out and do things is brilliant.
    Last edited by niko_cee; 29-04-2020 at 10:18 AM.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can't just say 'fuck vaccines', Pensioners, asthmatics, and the rest of you sickly cunts can stay at home. I'm off to Magaluff.
    Quoted for posterity when everyone literally says that by next summer when people realise the world cannot function by sacrificing itself to tag a couple extra months on Margery's shit life which her own kids cared so little about they stuck her in to a random house to be spoonfed by some Eastern European.

If the vaccine doesn't look like being the clear end, they simply start pouring resources into pitching up tents and asking The King of Ventilators for some help. People also start accepting they don't have some divine right to being kept alive in the face of disease and stop living like filthy mongs eating shit and doing fuck all exercise.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Have we been able to establish definitively if you have any immunity after catching it? If not, and given it's been around for 5 months now, why not?
    Vietnam has just had 8 cases of people who were positive, then test negative, but have now tested positive again. However, I believe that is due to the test being a viral test, rather than a something-else test.

https://e.vnexpress.net/news/news/vi...s-4091900.html
    Last edited by John Arne; 29-04-2020 at 10:25 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Depending on how you define 'old', statistically speaking they are.

'Hospitalises 20% of people' also sounds both hysterical and factually inaccurate, but whatever.

Other than the return of sport, and I'm not even all that sure about that seeing as it's as much (if not more) of a burden on the soul as it is a pleasure, I'm dreading the end of lockdown. I love it. Never having to go out and do things is brilliant.
    You're right on the 20% point. It's 20% of people that have been tested, which granted, the majority are not.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    As if kids are going to abide by that.
    They will. Kids here a noisy nose-picking little cunts, but they are generally law-abiding noisy nose-picking little cunts.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will. Kids here a noisy nose-picking little cunts, but they are generally law-abiding noisy nose-picking little cunts.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The speccy middle one is TOUCHING HIS FACE.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been loving it all up to now, but it's raining again today, so I won't get a mooch in, and I find that a bit annoying. Once we're out we're out. The idea that they could recall us in the bad weather is mental.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I've been loving it all up to now, but it's raining again today, so I won't get a mooch in, and I find that a bit annoying. Once we're out we're out. The idea that they could recall us in the bad weather is mental.
    Horrible today, I went out for 3.5 miles and got soaked, glad I went out though feel a lot better for it.

Hopefully nicer again for the weekend.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 5km mooch circuit and did it in the rain last night, after a day's work it is absolutely brutal. It does take in such sights as a care home full of corpses, Hampton Court Palace, and a poncey cafe/bakery which has converted itself into selling 'sourdough and fresh eggs, one customer at a time'. Surrey will never change.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My in laws are going for a test tomorrow because they reckon the test tells you if you have already had it, that's not right is it?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    My in laws are going for a test tomorrow because they reckon the test tells you if you have already had it, that's not right is it?
    Nope.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not unless they know somewhere you can get the antibody test. How are they getting a test just because they fancy one?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can sign up and go to Edinburgh airport for one.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm with Jimmy on weather moods. I feel much happier about staying in and not having fun if the weather's shit, and I can focus on schoolwork way more easily

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not unless they know somewhere you can get the antibody test. How are they getting a test just because they fancy one?
    Over 65 innit.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have to lol at how shit the comms from the government have been on this.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bar refusal of treatment if until I do it, I can't think of any circumstances in which I'd actively want a test that only tells me if I currently have it.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Bar refusal of treatment if until I do it, I can't think of any circumstances in which I'd actively want a test that only tells me if I currently have it.
    If you had symptoms would you not want to know if it was coronavirus or just something else?