Page 118 of 581 FirstFirst ... 1868108116117118119120128168218 ... LastLast
Results 5,851 to 5,900 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listen mate, we're about to reveal the scaley skin of these lizards good and proper so nail your colours to the mast early like 7om or miss out on the bountiful rewards our people shall enjoy.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A third of France's death toll is from care homes.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Yeah that spike could be the start but also, Over 75s isn't the hill we want to die on here. That first chart but replace the 'underlying respiratory diseases' datasets with just the total deaths and let's see the relationship between the Covid deaths and the total deaths.
    We only really have 1 full week of COVID deaths, so we need a few more weeks to see the full picture, but the spike is real.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Numbers seem wrong to be honest. At least if worldofmeters is accurate (which it is for France at least), France had a total of 1351 death which corresponds to 20.16 Dp1m and Italy had a total of 1161 which corresponds to 19.28 Dp1m. Classic Italian move to bribe officials tbh.
    World of meters doesn't always update their daily figures on time, so I use ourworldindata (Oxford Uni)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Yeah it's such a horrible though. Sure death is death, but it's pretty fucking depressing to think of these people dying in those homes, possibly having not seen any relatives for weeks.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    World of meters doesn't always update their daily figures on time, so I use ourworldindata (Oxford Uni)
    Well the French numbers are wrong. Government site has them at the same as worldofmeters, 518 on Sunday and 833 yesterday.

That said, 1417 deaths for France today (it's mostly more care home data coming in, but still).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Yeah it's such a horrible though. Sure death is death, but it's pretty fucking depressing to think of these people dying in those homes, possibly having not seen any relatives for weeks.
    It's more how the disease charges through care homes. You'd be better off hospitalising them just to get them away from other people at risk. Or you really have to gear the home up like a sterile ward.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happened in Spain and Italy too. It'll happen here. It's a perfect storm once a case gets in to one.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuck were the lizards putting in our water in 2018 for there to be so many more deaths? And what is that 3 week spike about in March?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beast from the East wasn't it? Probably finished a few off.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fuck were the lizards putting in our water in 2018 for there to be so many more deaths? And what is that 3 week spike about in March?
    That'd be the other incoming disaster that we all ignore until it's too late. Storms caused by Climate Change.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    That'd be the other incoming disaster that we all ignore until it's too late. Storms caused by Climate Change.
    Inb4 a truck driver tells us how it’s all a scam

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tax’s enthusiasm and John Arne’s devotion to this thread is outstanding.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Ain't no UK storm killed about 20K people in 2018. I imagine Jimmy is correct but March peaks still don't make sense. This could be the unearthings of a cover-up for some sort of ethnic cleansing programme. More on this as we get it

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tel...erges-met/amp/

"More than 2300".

Still 17k to account for. When did 4G go mainstream?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe the flu jab was shite.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this "care home" figure include hospices? I'd imagine a lot of it is it running amok through them

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard the PM is on a ventilator.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you not hear that last night too?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No- yesterday just a bad way.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Source?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Senior dude in North London Hospital.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ain't no UK storm killed about 20K people in 2018. I imagine Jimmy is correct but March peaks still don't make sense. This could be the unearthings of a cover-up for some sort of ethnic cleansing programme. More on this as we get it
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_G...land_cold_wave

Cold front began 22 Feb and dissipated 5 March. Let's say that triggered unusually high numbers of flu cases and other illnesses, many of whom wouldn't have died until a couple weeks later. Seems to add up to me chief.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happens if Boris carks it? Are we into government of national unity territory? Probably not as you can't just randomly change key jobs right now. So they'd have to crown Raab in about twenty minutes, get her maj to invite him to form a government via video link, and just carry on. Fucking hell. It's not often you feel for leading politicians but I do at the moment.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing Jimmy like this is weird

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Does this "care home" figure include hospices? I'd imagine a lot of it is it running amok through them
    I think the French figure just includes any medical establishment other than hospitals really.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Senior dude in North London Hospital.
    is this a real thing or

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Seeing Jimmy like this is weird
    Like what?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So pure and emotional.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Scottish man sees emotion for the first time! (MUST WATCH - NOT CLICKBAIT!)"

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    is this a real thing or
    Never doubt Keeks. Arabs don’t lie.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he croaks then Dominic Raab stands in until things go back to normal and then they run a leadership contest. It's not actually a war.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Scottish man sees emotion for the first time! (MUST WATCH - NOT CLICKBAIT!)"
    I’m as emotional as it comes with my bipolar

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    If he croaks then Dominic Raab stands in until things go back to normal and then they run a leadership contest. It's not actually a war.
    Raab looks like a man who would last about 5 minutes heading this up.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybot v2.0.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spoonsky View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_G...land_cold_wave

Cold front began 22 Feb and dissipated 5 March. Let's say that triggered unusually high numbers of flu cases and other illnesses, many of whom wouldn't have died until a couple weeks later. Seems to add up to me chief.
    Jesus, didn't know it was so late in the year.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope none of you worriers get bad hay fever. Worst pollen count in 70 years. 2020 is some year.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It it transpires the Chinese actually developed the virus as a weapon then this is technically an assassination.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Raab looks like a man who would last about 5 minutes heading this up.
    It can't be that hard from here. We're all doing what we're doing, people will eventually slow their dying down, and then the eggheads can just advise on whatever.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    So pure and emotional.
    Yeah, because this thing is terrifying. I'm frightened that I'll get it, I'm frightened that people I know and love will get it. I'm frightened of the effect that possibly losing loved ones might have on me or people I know and love. I'm frightened that all the forms of social contact that make life worth living won't be able to resume for months or years or not at all. And yes, when the PM of the country of which you are a citizen and have lived happily in all your life looks like he's on the way out from it, that frightens me as well.

I was in the same boat as most people not taking this seriously until I read a certain report from Italy one of the early days which hit home, and since that point I've been living on the edge of nerves and feeling like I can see the truth of this more clearly than everyone - which I can't, but it feels like I can. A month ago I spent a full evening trying to persuade my dad not to go into London anymore, where he often goes. I spent weeks trying to get friends to take it seriously until lockdown happened. That is a raw feeling and like nothing I have ever experienced.

I had a bad moment earlier when I had one of those Proustian recollections, stood in a certain point in the office and remembered standing in the same spot in 2018 to pull out Germany in the World Cup office sweepstakes (that went well), and what a fucking innocent time that now seems.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NSW coronavirus social-distancing to stay 'until vaccine is found', Premier Gladys Berejiklian says

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-...found/12126802

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Such a beautiful post. Thank you.

For what it’s worth, I’m taking all of this seriously and as before mentioned, haven’t even left my garden in two weeks and only left for work the two days prior. Which isn’t exactly good for mental health, never mind someone as mental as me. I’m slowly going insane but it is what it is.

I just don’t like Boris and it’s funny winding up weird right wing mentalist on Twitter

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Yeah, because this thing is terrifying. I'm frightened that I'll get it, I'm frightened that people I know and love will get it. I'm frightened of the effect that possibly losing loved ones might have on me or people I know and love. I'm frightened that all the forms of social contact that make life worth living won't be able to resume for months or years or not at all. And yes, when the PM of the country of which you are a citizen and have lived happily in all your life looks like he's on the way out from it, that frightens me as well.

I was in the same boat as most people not taking this seriously until I read a certain report from Italy one of the early days which hit home, and since that point I've been living on the edge of nerves and feeling like I can see the truth of this more clearly than everyone - which I can't, but it feels like I can. A month ago I spent a full evening trying to persuade my dad not to go into London anymore, where he often goes. I spent weeks trying to get friends to take it seriously until lockdown happened. That is a raw feeling and like nothing I have ever experienced.

I had a bad moment earlier when I had one of those Proustian recollections, stood in a certain point in the office and remembered standing in the same spot in 2018 to pull out Germany in the World Cup office sweepstakes (that went well), and what a fucking innocent time that now seems.
    Disagree, but i really respect you talking forthrightly like this. You show your human side a lot more these days and it’s really nice

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder about the long term a fair bit. This is 6-18 months of our lives that we just won't get back. That's a bit bleak and all you can do is sit and wait it out.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chris Whitty looks like someone used an ageing app on an ugly child.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post

I'm very much the opposite of Jim on this, I was very well informed to the point I was telling a colleague to stop being such a reactionary freak about it sometime in mid-January. Part of my job is knowing that the world will let a certain amount of people die and a large proportion of people that don't matter die with zero fanfare. If you ever see a 'local' health issue story, there's always a massive correlation between the population of that place and the people that don't matter to society. In Russia, I see it with homosexuals. In America, I see it with black people. In the UK, I see it with the working class. In Latin America, it's all three.

I've taken it in stride because I know that I don't know better and rely on those in the position to to know better. I started working from home 9 working days before we were forced to (this is 3-4 weeks before the UK put in similar measures) for this reason.

I understand Jim's reaction but I'd also like people of his general persuasion to look in the mirror when people are bleating on about an issue as if it's a crisis on all these issues that face us.

Over this time we have seen the true face of the Winner-Takes-All mentality when it comes to Health, Economics and Society. The three pillars of humanity.

It's right to be emotional, it's fucking horrific out there. And we can do something about it. If we choose to. It's why I struggle to sympathise with Boris, he wanted to keep life as normal because it would cause the people close to him economic harm, there was no other reason to follow that argument in the face of everything. If so, his selfishness will be his downfall which while I can feel bad on a human level, I refuse to feel bad on my positions across the issue.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jimmy Greaves has chosen a bad time to fall ill if his 'unspecified illness' isn't covid.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For somebody whose job is to be very well informed on these matters your last paragraph is some serious wank.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For somebody whose job is to be very well informed on these matters your last paragraph is some serious wank.
    What do you mean by 'these matters'.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang on, I've misread that first paragraph. I should have just lolled at thinking the government's policy was dictated by the economic concerns of those close to Boris Johnson.