User Tag List

Page 288 of 581 FirstFirst ... 188238278286287288289290298338388 ... LastLast
Results 14,351 to 14,400 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supposedly The Times has leaked Bozza's national lockdown plan.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Until December because Boris doesn't want to be accused of ruining christmas, the giant melon.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is CenterParcs an essential shop lads?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People wondering why we didn't do this weeks ago. It pushes the third lockdown out a few weeks further, and the fourth... Then hopefully we're in summer by that point and things might be different. The timing is spot on.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As if lockdowns have any fucking effect on anything without the full Chinese gun pointed at head enforcement, which we don't have the capacity to do even if we wanted to (and, rightly, we don't want to).

I'm fed up with this shit.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait... lockdown until the end of November? Does that mean back to the rules we had in the Summer for Christmas? Is this cunt about to sit me opposite my sister in law for Christmas Dinner? And after fisting another fucking holiday? What the fuck is he playing at?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johnson’s No More Tiers.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To say that, on paper, this is something I very much didn't want to happen, now it actually has (well, not officially yet, but it has, hasn't it?) I find myself not particularly bothered.

Which is surprising. But, when I think about it, is really a great yardstick for how much the meaning behind any and all of the various combination of chop-and-change measures we keep clumsily lobbing in the direction of this thing has been eroded for me. It's not acceptance of it or agreement with it, definitely not. It's just that I don't really care anymore.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    What kind of 'reasonable worse case scenario' gets so easily exceeded four times over? Especially when their previous worst case had half a million dead by May or whatever it was. Have they over-covered their arses this time? Get lost you nerds.
    I think the BBC are either complicit or being used in pushing this stuff. Every day there's doom mongering shit headlining.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    As if lockdowns have any fucking effect on anything without the full Chinese gun pointed at head enforcement, which we don't have the capacity to do even if we wanted to (and, rightly, we don't want to).

I'm fed up with this shit.
    If you follow the rules it's basically lockdown once you're in tier 2 anyway. There's little difference between that and an actual lockdown for someone living on their own.

EDIT: In Winter, with shit weather, at any rate.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I think the BBC are either complicit or being used in pushing this stuff. Every day there's doom mongering shit headlining.
    I've been thinking this for a while too. Quite often their top story is some sort of very tenuous doom and gloom Covid story.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I've been thinking this for a while too. Quite often their top story is some sort of very tenuous doom and gloom Covid story.
    And stuff like this from their main story now:

Analysis: Are we heading for lockdown?
    You don't need to be a genius to realise how difficult managing the virus through winter is going to be.

Scientists advising the government have been arguing for a short, planned lockdown - called a circuit-breaker - since 21 September.

They made the case when there were around 5,000 confirmed cases a day. The numbers have changed dramatically since then and their argument is intensifying, not lessening.

The government is holding to its regional "tiered" system even as other countries introduce new lockdowns.

There are glimmers of hope with cases appearing to level off in the North East and the R number drifting down.

However, the national R is not below one and there will be a constant argument for tighter restrictions, in whatever form, until it is.

The biggest thing to remember is quite how much further we have to go - November, December, January and February are expected to be the toughest months - and we are in this for the long haul.
    That isn't analysis, it's patronising 'do as you're told' wank.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The media bedshat us into the death spiral first time round. I'm not saying they brought about the initial lockdown, but they wanted it badly (presumably as the ultimate big government thing to report/speculate about), and I would take some convincing that their coverage throughout it didn't play a part in keeping it going well beyond its original scope.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you get your hot tub yet, Yev?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Did you get your hot tub yet, Yev?
    I haven't Boyd. The electrics are done but I've been enjoying saving money so have gone a bit tight on it.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 30-10-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The media bedshat us into the death spiral first time round. I'm not saying they brought about the initial lockdown, but they wanted it badly (presumably as the ultimate big government thing to report/speculate about), and I would take some convincing that their coverage throughout it didn't play a part in keeping it going well beyond its original scope.
    I can't remember last time how long it actually took to flush the cases out of the system once we locked down, but I think a minimum of four weeks.

Problem is back then enough people were doing what they were told, they just won't now. For example, with the absence of a 'Bubble Registration Centre' I can effectively go to anyone's house who'll have me, should I wish.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you follow the rules it's basically lockdown once you're in tier 2 anyway. There's little difference between that and an actual lockdown for someone living on their own.

EDIT: In Winter, with shit weather, at any rate.
    I personally will be alright as long as they don't bin off support bubbles (I will hate it then) - after all, we got through the first one didn't we, I went 80 days without seeing friends or family, so we can get through the second and third and fourth - but it's not necessarily just about me personally, it's about the whole idea of shutting the country down for something that probably isn't going to make a great deal of difference.

No one's life is moving forward, or even sideways, in any way whatsoever and there is no promise of a time when it will be able to start doing so again.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And stuff like this from their main story now:

That isn't analysis, it's patronising 'do as you're told' wank.
    It really is. That's supposed to be a passage of analysis from (what was at least once considered) a very respected news source. They lost me entirely by opening with something as flippant and patronising as "you don't need to be a genius to realise...". Honestly, the quality of their journalism is appalling. It's been on a noticeably sharp downward slide for a couple of years now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally will be alright as long as they don't bin off support bubbles (I will hate it then) - after all, we got through the first one didn't we, I went 80 days without seeing friends or family, so we can get through the second and third and fourth - but it's not necessarily just about me personally, it's about the whole idea of shutting the country down for something that probably isn't going to make a great deal of difference.

No one's life is moving forward, or even sideways, in any way whatsoever and there is no promise of a time when it will be able to start doing so again.
    Yep, it could well be years if we continue on this path. Actual years.

As per the post above, I'm not even sure a lockdown would be anywhere near as effective this time either, so the only way to mitigate that is to leave it running for longer. Aside from testing and an acceptance that masks might not just be for stupid 2nd world countries, we're no further forward in how to deal with this sans a vaccince.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tin foil hat time too, but the other thing I've considered is that there are a lot of powerful people who stand to make a fuckton from a successful vaccine. A vaccine that will be required far less should we find another way to deal with this before it lands.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The media coverage this week (or since about Wednesday at any rate) has definitely been scripted towards doom-mongering in an attempt to lower everyone's mood/expectations. Someone will have given Boris/Dom a bad set of statistics and they'll have set the machine going.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems to have sent Team Panic into absolute meltdown. Transfer window is shut I'm afraid so suck it up [through your face nappies].

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been on 'Team all available evidence' Taz.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's no room for that no man's land shit in this culture war, bruvva.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't one of the main reasons for a lockdown to ease the pressure on the NHS?

If this is what we need to do every few months to stem the tide, then so be it. Maybe.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I respect that fortitude.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a load of cardigan-wearing scientists telling me that IF we do a fucking six week lockdown we ('we') MAY be able to allow more than 6 people to meet at Christmas. I'm not sure, in a sea of OMG THE VIRUS, people are really getting it into their heads how dystopian this is.

When this is all over we need Farage as PM freewheeling around and sending us all on mandatory 10 week benders.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand what the fuss is about tbh. Lockdown 1, OK, yeah, bad. Lockdown Local, at least I was home. Lockdown Firebreak, see Lockdown Local. National Lockdown? And whattt?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serious question: is Smyths toy shop gonna stay open?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why, is your Pop-Up Pirate broken?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New AEW figures are due for release next month.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baz get into Lego like a real man.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno about you lot but I'm hyped. Who needs to Open The Clubs when you can sit down this midweek with a mug of cocoa and watch US election b2b lockdown 2.0 carnage unfold. Bit of Champions League to fill the gaps too.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lockdown 2: Return of the Tesco Queue. If nothing else, this should buy some time and get cases down. Nowhere near as effectively as Spring but whatever.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't worry too much about future lockdowns. I'm absolutely convinced a vaccine will be approved before Christmas and we will start the rollout very early 2021.

My prediction: we might need a LOCKDOWN 3 around March and after that we will be fine.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BBC pumping out articles like this doesn't seem to agree: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-54661843

'Decades' wearing face masks apparently.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A full on lockdown in winter alone? Fuck that.

If they close the gyms, I’m outta here.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is what it is, but the cat's already out the bag as far as people giving a fuck is concerned. Has been ever since Dom popped up North to infect his parents.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The apathetic response is deeply concerning. I'll sign my self up for a protest per week in November @Don.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean work wise, there's barely been any change and if anything, we're busier. I don't know what happens if the rest of the economy falls/fails but I guess that's where the banking sector needs to back companies with bridge loans (like EU Recovery Fund).

It's going to be shit if I can't play football from next weekend as it's been one of the few social things I've been doing. The plan to go to the infected North for Christmas may be in jeopardy.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm out for a day sesh today to get it out my system. Will get strategising from tomorrow.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Press Conference at 4.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will just be blanket tier three won't it, rather than April and me kicking it at home?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put the hammer down, Boris. And by that, I mean completely bottle it because you're such a soft shite. Meanwhile Shandra, Rhiayan and (because his parents couldn't spell) and their 4 kids on the estate will be screaming at the TV because, "IT'S SO CONFUSIN!!2!"

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will just be blanket tier three won't it, rather than April and me kicking it at home?
    Nailed on. Otherwise they'd have to admit the tier system was a complete waste of time.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having a month long argument about who's going into tier 3 only to invent a tier 4 is so funny.

I'm out of quarantine for the first time in 24 days on Tuesday.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Press Conference at 4.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peston's twitter has the juice (obviously). Sounds a lot like the first lockdown except with education and more work staying open. Oh, and outbound international travel banned.