User Tag List

Page 415 of 581 FirstFirst ... 315365405413414415416417425465515 ... LastLast
Results 20,701 to 20,750 of 29002

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to run a cricket club during pandemic, episode 443: it appears that from the 12th, even though outside table service will be allowed from our clubhouse (as per pubs etc), we won't be able to have outside table service from our clubhouse *during a match* because the government want to discourage spectators. Spectators are allowed, of course, under rule of six, it's just that the government, while allowing them, also want to discourage them.

I honestly hope that everyone involved in government / public policy during this time will need to be replaced as soon as it's over, because you just can't have people thinking like this, it's ridiculous.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is brilliant Jim.

I can't wait to see what convoluted nonsense is put in place (against a backdrop of circa 0 deaths a day) when we're actually allowed inside a pub.

Talking of which, what are the deaths these days? They seemed to barely be mentioned now. I can't imagine why...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The seven day moving average is 30. No wonder no-one is mentioning them anymore.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's 30 father, mothers, sons and daughters a day, you prick. Probably safe to count them double too actually given their fucking BMI.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder which politicians have got shares in anti-death news?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    I wonder which politicians have got shares in anti-death news?
    Politicians and Scientists Kik's, we wouldn't want to exclude those would we.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I were an author I'd be sat drafting a dystopian novel as we speak.

It's the the year 2027.

Population 32000.

3 tribes remain; AZ, Moderna and Pfizer, each with their own beliefs and disabilities.

One Tragic antihero remains. Get Johnson or get Gubbed.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    King Custard will lead us to glory.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread is awash with lizardry.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    King Custard will lead us to glory.
    He was gifted his Super-Failures via accidental exposure to the J&J Vaccine.

Turbo-Autism.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The vindication.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to workout where Yev and Kiko fit in.

Yev is some kind of Seer.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He sweeps the floor and discusses the remnants with the broom.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be the broom.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "This is a comedy about a man, his broom, and his wine tasting wife. Richard Curtis directs Four Hot Tubs and a Fuming Man"

Cerebral venous sinus thrombosis is rare, with an estimated 3-4 cases per million annual incidence in adults. While it may occur in all age groups, it is most common in the third decade.
    Well, that's reassuring.
    Last edited by Shindig; 08-04-2021 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...s-who-official

Really worrying stuff that.

In other news, we've had to go some to secure bookings on Monday afternoon for a normally quiet pub in MK. There's gonna be scenes in this country and I can't fucking wait.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go on then.

UK Covid cases could rise again despite vaccine progress – WHO official
    Oh really, tell me more? That headline implies that'd be a real worry.

The success of Britain’s vaccine programme is not enough to protect it from another wave of coronavirus unconnected to rising cases in Europe, a senior World Health Organization expert has said.
    A successful vaccination program not enough? And even if Europe's COVID isn't COMING RIGHT FOR US, we're still at risk. Fuck.

Dr Catherine Smallwood, a senior emergency officer at WHO Europe, also said confidence in vaccines may have dipped after changes to the Oxford/AstraZeneca jab rollout, with under-30s to be offered alternative options amid concerns over rare blood clots.
    A doctor and and senior emergency officer? This Woman must know her shit.

In an interview, Smallwood said there were still a “significant number” of Covid-19 infections being reported daily in the UK, and that “very restrictive measures” were holding them down.
    Yeah, that's true. 3,000 new cases a day is not insignificant. Presumably she'll tell me soon how the vaccine won't stop cases converting into deaths soon and that's why we should be worried.

But Smallwood cautioned that the UK “still has potential to develop its own sort of renewed resurgence of cases without any involvement from the rest of Europe”. She said the tough measures that have been in place for nearly two months were “what’s keeping the cases down at the moment – it’s not the vaccination”.
    The vaccination isn't keeping cases down, at all? I've learnt something today. Still none the wiser how this is that bad though.

“The population groups that are really driving transmission are still in the majority sense the ones that have not yet been vaccinated as a whole,” Smallwood said. “Transmission can still happen in the UK without any washing up on the shores of the European outbreak.”
    Yes, but we've vaccinated all of the vulnerable, right?

Smallwood said that despite concern over case numbers, deaths seemed to have plateaued and increased only slightly, and not at the same rate as infections.
    Hate to tell you how to interpret numbers, but deaths haven't just plateaued, they've decreased by 92% since January. And they haven't increased at the same rate as infections because we've vaccinated the vulnerable.

Despite governments in the UK grappling with how to ease border restrictions this summer to let people go on foreign holidays, Smallwood said travel bans were not “necessarily a feasible strategy”. She pointed to how many countries had tried to block arrivals from the UK after the variant first discovered in Kent was found to be more transmissible, yet it had still become “predominant across much of Europe”.

“It may slow entry by giving you a little bit more time as a strategy to prevent,” she said. “[But] that is not a sustainable strategy in the context of a highly globalised situation, and specifically for the UK with its very, very close ties to the rest of continental Europe.”
    Funny that, you seemed to be an advocate of lockdowns above. Are they sustainable and isn't a travel ban (done properly) just another form of that? Still, the article is nearing its end, there must be the link that ties this factually dubious ramble to the CONCERN.

… we have a small favour to ask. Through these turbulent and challenging times, millions rely on the Guardian for independent journalism that stands for truth and integrity. Readers chose to support us financially more than 1.5 million times in 2020, joining existing supporters in 180 countries.
    Oh.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drivel.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saying cases will go up is the only certainty I can back them on. Beyond the obvious, it's all speculative and ... y'know, scientists are paid to speculate.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure it is a certainty. The first relaxation (the schools) were theoretically the worst group of people they could have allowed back to normality. They're the only group with 0% vaccination and by and large they live with the next least vaccinated (young adults / their parents).

So where are all the extra cases? They're still falling.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we will definitely see a rise in cases. The vaccines don’t completely inhibit transmission and they’re not 100% effective against mild illness.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7om View Post
    I think we will definitely see a rise in cases. The vaccines don’t completely inhibit transmission and they’re not 100% effective against mild illness.
    Perhaps, but at the moment we have no apparent increase amongst unvaccinated people. What gives? Presumably the same thing that bought us 4 stable months from May to September last year? Not that the weather is playing ball right now.

I don't know, there will probably be some increase, but I don't think it will be anything major. And who cares anyway? Cases don't really matter anymore.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Cases will go up, but in and of themselves they're not relevant.

That doctor was talking complete shite.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    And who cares anyway? Cases don't really matter anymore.
    Precisely. Cases are not the metric we should care about anymore.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would at this point say cases up the ante on mutations but we'll still be testing to catch variants before they get a chance to take a foothold. Probably.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I would at this point say cases up the ante on mutations but we'll still be testing to catch variants before they get a chance to take a foothold. Probably.
    We are a small island of ~67 million people on a planet of 7.6 billion people. Variants are gonna variant no matter we do.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sod the variants. I’m not worried until one of them escapes the vaccine. That hasn’t happened yet so we’ll cross that bridge if we come to it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QLD Health are saying it is a 1 in 250 000 chance of getting a blood clot from AZ.

The media is a disaster.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 09-04-2021 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting my jab (Pfizer or Moderna) on Sunday. Can't wait for my cell reception to improve.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any studies on COVID itself giving you a blood clot? I ask because my Gran got one during the process of her getting it from that 'care' home.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I wonder how much the sort of nonsense being dispelled here impacts the BAME take up as opposed to historical racism?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-56677766

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Are there any studies on COVID itself giving you a blood clot? I ask because my Gran got one during the process of her getting it from that 'care' home.
    https://www.healthline.com/health/co...nd-blood-clots

Blood clots with COVID-19 have most often been seen in people who’ve been hospitalized with the disease.

A study of 184 people in the ICU for severe COVID-19 found that 31 percent of these individuals experienced complications related to blood clots.
    So the answer is yes.

https://b-s-h.org.uk/about-us/news/c...sed-mortality/

COVID-19 patients are at high risk of developing blood clots during infection, and those that do have an increased mortality rate, a new meta-analysis has found.

Previous studies have indicated a risk of thromboembolism from COVID-19, but the rate and its effect on mortality were unclear. Dr Mahmoud Malas and colleagues at UC San Diego Health, USA, analysed 42 studies including 8,271 COVID-19 patients.

The overall thromboembolism rate was 21%. Having thromboembolism in either veins or arteries appeared to raise the mortality risk by 74% compared to patients without thromboembolism.
    The main worry with the vaccine is they're citing CVST's which are specific to the brain. ITP also gets mentioned which is when your blood platelets kill themselves. These two articles refer to clots in a general sense.
    Last edited by Shindig; 09-04-2021 at 08:23 AM.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so having a massive pre-disposition to blood clots means you're more likely to get a blood clot. Nice work!

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, the EMA's report into the jab specifically mentioned the 79 had no prior clotting issues. And neither of the articles I quote (the disease mentioned in the first line is Covid-19, not blood clots) mention prior medical history.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...rrifying-level

Lolololol. We better get a daily suicide counter on the News for about 36 months and compulsory club night attendances to try and flatten the curve when they get bleak in January time.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dr custard's in the house.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better protect the NHS from being over-run with all those suicidal trans students. Open up all the quirky cafes and art bars.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56667982

Sid Briggs, 19, is happy he'll be able to get back out and visit some of his favourite independent shops - many of which have struggled in the crisis. But the body piercing professional is also a bit wary about returning to the High Street.

"I'll try to avoid the crowds if it gets too busy. And I personally wouldn't use a changing room. Trying on things like jackets, I guess, are fine, but other than that, I'm just going to have to take the risk," he says.
    Have we transformed into a nation of absolute drips or is the BBC just hand picking them? It's driving me a bit mad. Can we just have one cunt say "I'm not really worried, I'm low risk and we've got a vaccine, it'll be fine"? A bit of balance, lads.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caitlin Booton, 23, says she is in no hurry to get back to the shops.

"I don't think it's very clever to open the shops now and risk another wave, like what we're seeing in Europe," she says. "I don't think we should rush into that.

"I still live with my parents as well, so I've got to watch it a bit."
    I genuinely hope you kill the pair of them, Caitlin.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wave in Europe is the wave we've already had.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People on voxpops are complete wankers.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I actually prefer anti-vaxxers to whatever this current mob is (vaccine deniers?). At least with the former they accepted vaccines actually exist.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw somebody cycling - as in proper cycling, not just riding a bike - with a mask on today. That's a new one.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Extreme conditioning.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve been to see my Nan today. Gave her a hug for the first time in a year. No SAGE twat is going to tell me I can’t see a fully vaccinated person from now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reckless behaviour. Blood on your hands.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've got climbing booked for the morning and then a pub crawl. It's going to be glorious.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56667982

Have we transformed into a nation of absolute drips or is the BBC just hand picking them? It's driving me a bit mad. Can we just have one cunt say "I'm not really worried, I'm low risk and we've got a vaccine, it'll be fine"? A bit of balance, lads.
    Thing is, as much as a 20-something-year-old is unlikely to really suffer from COVID, they could. Some people get really ill. They’re extremely unlikely to die, but that doesn’t mean it can’t suck.

And then there’s, you know, being considerate and stuff. Is that woman who lives with her parents really that wrong to worry?

Wearing a mask while cycling outdoors as Lewis mentioned is a bit mental, I agree, and I feel sorry for folks like that because it can’t be enjoyable being that stressed/paranoid about it.

But I think it’s understandable to worry about going indoors and gathering again. I wouldn’t worry about catching it myself, if I didn’t have other people to consider and I could just go and live on my own and isolate whenever needed, but you’re certainly not a “drip” if you’re worried.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right, and young people get the flu and shit, who cares.