User Tag List

Page 517 of 581 FirstFirst ... 17417467507515516517518519527567 ... LastLast
Results 25,801 to 25,850 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She also seems to think this will help stop the pandemic, or reduce its life:

Where's Caprice when you need her?

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes look where we are...

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    Yes look where we are...
    That part wasn't lost on me either, these people are the worst vaccine efficacy deniers going.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to guess all of Trisha's meals are sucked up through a straw.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's been alot of dangerous people on both sides getting attention during all this but she might be the worst. That is genuine insanity.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While in need of refining, Trisha's plan for everyone to shut the fuck up isn't a bad one.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Profile picture with mask on tells you everything that you need to know. This is their identity. The pandemic is the only thing that gives meaning to their shitty lives.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    There's been alot of dangerous people on both sides getting attention during all this
    While that's very true, the nutters on the other side (and let's be clear, they're fucking nutters) aren't terrifying people into not doing normal things in their daily lives or influencing government policy, which are the two key things keeping this shitshow going. Well, bar the money side, but I'll forget that for now.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, nothing dangerous about dragging people off ventilators and hospital wards ...

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One shot will be required for children aged five to 11, who are not covered by the current mandate, De Blasio said.
    That can fuck right off.

An erosion of democratic norms. An escalating climate emergency. Corrosive racial inequality. A crackdown on the right to vote. Rampant pay inequality. America is in the fight of its life. We’re raising $1.25m to fund our reporting in 2022. If you can, please make a year-end gift today.

For 10 years, the Guardian US has brought an international lens with a focus on justice to its coverage of America. Globally, more than 1.5 million readers, from 180 countries, have recently taken the step to support the Guardian financially – keeping us open to all, and fiercely independent. We couldn’t do this without readers like you.

With no shareholders or billionaire owner, we can set our own agenda and provide trustworthy journalism that’s free from commercial and political influence, offering a counterweight to the spread of misinformation. When it’s never mattered more, we can investigate and challenge without fear or favour. It is reader support that makes our high-impact journalism possible and gives us the emotional support and motor energy to keep doing journalism that matters.

Unlike many others, Guardian journalism is available for everyone to read, regardless of what they can afford to pay. We do this because we believe in information equality. Greater numbers of people can keep track of global events, understand their impact on people and communities, and become inspired to take meaningful action.

We aim to offer readers a comprehensive, international perspective on critical events shaping our world. We are committed to upholding our reputation for urgent, powerful reporting on the climate emergency, and made the decision to reject advertising from fossil fuel companies, divest from the oil and gas industries, and set a course to achieve net zero emissions by 2030.

Every contribution, however big or small, powers our journalism and sustains our future. Support the Guardian from as little as $1 – and it only takes a minute. Thank you.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Yeah, nothing dangerous about dragging people off ventilators and hospital wards ...
    Not what I said, but you carry on being happy with where we are.

Essentially when this started the FREEDOM and DENIAL nutters were massively in the lead, but the media has actually done pretty well to shut them out of legitimate conversation. Moving forward 18 months and the SCIENCE nutters are running riot and being given airtime to do it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You think people are mental here and then you read about abroad, and it turns out we're currently the least spastic of the [comparable country] bunch. Europe has gone all fascist again, and America have just turned it into yet another mong issue. Well done us at last.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe View Post
    That can fuck right off.
    You wouldn't be vaccinating kids?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    You think people are mental here and then you read about abroad, and it turns out we're currently the least spastic of the [comparable country] bunch. Europe has gone all fascist again, and America have just turned it into yet another mong issue. Well done us at last.
    Yep. I posted a link a few days ago of regulations around Europe and there's some absolute gold there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know enough about what most countries are up to but I find it very hard to believe we're the least spasticated by any metric at the moment. We've been at peak spasticity for a fair while now.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are very 'liberal' on most covid issues when compared to Europe. They're all balls deep in things like compulsory vaccination, curfews, the works. Yesterday's snooker final with a packed audience couldn't have happened in any other European country, I don't think.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're also very Liberal on being run by an actual criminal that governs on the basis of which contracts his mates want. We may not be in lockdown, but I don't think we're winning any leadership contests here.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giggles is going to be getting all sorts of notifications off this last page.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know enough about what most countries are up to but I find it very hard to believe we're the least spasticated by any metric at the moment. We've been at peak spasticity for a fair while now.
    This was from two weeks ago and it's only getting worse.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/u...virus-22237786

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Giggles is going to be getting all sorts of notifications off this last page.
    I'm on his side on this one, you Empire shagging flag nonces.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know the restrictions in Ireland are ludicrous when a man who routinely wears two masks is laughing at them.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We're also very Liberal on being run by an actual criminal that governs on the basis of which contracts his mates want. We may not be in lockdown, but I don't think we're winning any leadership contests here.
    Half of Europe will be the same or worse, we just don't know about them as our media has no interest in non-English speaking countries.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    You wouldn't be vaccinating kids?
    Since Covid represents basically zero risk to five to eleven year olds, no I would not be vaccinating kids.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since Covid represents basically zero risk to five to eleven year olds, no I would not be vaccinating kids.
    Completely agree. Also makes me lol how I vividly remember us (adults) all being told that one dose wasn't very good and you needed your second one.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. If you think that children are in danger and therefore should be vaccinated, then why not give them two doses like everyone else? If you think that they are not in danger (they are not), then why force them to vaccinate?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Half of Europe will be the same or worse, we just don't know about them as our media has no interest in non-English speaking countries.
    Eg: President of Switzerland went to jail for 5 years a few weeks ago. Sarkozy is under house arrest for blowing up Gaddafi to cover up all the bribes he was taking off him. The Spanish royal family are deep in it.

At least they prosecute them. This lot over here think actually charging anyone with a posh accent for their crimes as a bit gauche.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Britain is currently trying to criminalise protest, have ministers throw out legal rulings they don't like and the home secretary wants to let people drown migrants in the channels but we're not requiring people to get a vaccine so lol at the fascists in Europe.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. If you think that children are in danger and therefore should be vaccinated, then why not give them two doses like everyone else? If you think that they are not in danger (they are not), then why force them to vaccinate?
    Probably best I don't answer that question.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Britain is currently trying to criminalise protest, have ministers throw out legal rulings they don't like and the home secretary wants to let people drown migrants in the channels but we're not requiring people to get a vaccine so lol at the fascists in Europe.
    We are far from perfect, but since the vaccine rolled along we've been miles ahead of Europe at dealing with this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fond memories of nearly getting run off the board for wondering whether vaccinating my kids against this was worth while.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    We are far from perfect, but since the vaccine rolled along we've been miles ahead of Europe at dealing with this.
    That's a bit like being the Portsmouth Team that won the Community Sheild then got Relegated.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fond memories of nearly getting run off the board for wondering whether vaccinating my kids against this was worth while.
    Yep, it's what happens with SCIENCE. Any dissent is punished by accusations of you being an idiot or a denier. Until the science agrees with you, then it's fine.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a bit like being the Portsmouth Team that won the Community Sheild then got Relegated.
    Surely the other way around.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Least restrictions in Europe!"

*Child poverty on the rise
    *homelessness on the rise
    *foodbanks struggling to provide
    *working people having to use them
    *growing wealth divide

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I see. I was going for shit start and then much better. All through the sphere of COVID only.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think that's the whole western world. There are many things we are shit at (most of them to do with under-investment in infrastructure), but usually it's not the things that people think we are shit at.

Housing. We're shit at that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's way way worse and the steady increase has been way more visible here for nigh on a decade. No need to lie to yourself.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I overheard a bunch of old wankers discussing vaccination and passports. It was the older women that were all for it where as the blokes were against.

They were all at least 65 possibly older, had just polished off a brutal pub grub 3 courser and were necking brandy.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we make the vaccine passports blue and get everyone to shut the fuck up?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That can fuck right off.

Lol, the only “heads are not gone” response to the outgoing mayor of New York is to ignore it. This is an actual zero risk of changing your life situation. Covid and kids is non-zero but minuscule.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Javid to give update as Omicron cases top 300".

Right, so it's spreading in the general population then. Stop fucking about with flights and adding on special rules for Omicron cases. The horse is in the field, stop pissing about with the stable door.

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christmas lockdown ahoy.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll be smacking his Muslim lips at the thought of cancelling Christmas.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there anyone that would actually comply at this point? I mean there's Professor SILENCE and her kin, but she's presumably spending it alone anyway (not for the first time).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I certainly wouldn’t comply with a Christmas lockdown. They can shove that idea.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mr Javid said he could not guarantee the variant would not "knock us off our road to recovery", and the window between infection and infectiousness may be shorter for Omicron.
    Two things about that.

While we should be on the road to recovery, we're manifestly not, choosing instead to stay another night at the same hotel after getting viciously pissed the night before and even if we were on said road, of course he can't guarantee this will knock us off it.

The reporting on this. FFS.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news, following a question regarding serious covid patients being treated/intubated in hospital hallways in Greece (because there's nowhere near enough ICU beds), the prime minister stated that "there's no evidence that patients treated outside of ICU are more likely to die than those treated in ICU".

#science

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably most covid deaths [in hospital at least] come in ICU.

#ventilateanddie

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)