Page 516 of 581 FirstFirst ... 16416466506514515516517518526566 ... LastLast
Results 25,751 to 25,800 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    "The case borders on the ridiculous, if it were not for the fact we are talking about a gesture of enormous gravity,"

For fuck sake

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "If I go with this, will they notice? Maybe beneath the silicone I'll even put on some extra clothes to avoid the needle reaching my real arm,"
    He must have looked like the hulk.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're an odd sort.

Would you see this gone tomorrow given the choice? It doesn't strike me as you would, to be honest.

It's also fascinating how 'peoples' who are so intrinsically similar can so profoundly misunderstand each other, and I say that appreciating it fully cuts both ways.
    Ah really? You can nearly hear most of you bristle with excitement every time a good few "Europeans" die. It's all mixed in with Brexit and all that guff, but as I said it's absolutely fascinating to an outsider to witness. Also oddly admirable with a bit of pity thrown in, but mostly the former. You're absolutely batshit as a country now and it's going to be class to see where you go.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going from this:

Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    I think a lot of the stiff upper lip backlash to any sort of restrictions is that they'd be happier if their own died so long as other countries do too. I'd actually reckon a lot of British would, given the option of this disappearing tomorrow or not, choose the latter in the hope more "Europeans" get it bad. A fascinating mindset really and probably the final remnants of the empire.
    To this:

You're absolutely batshit as a country now and it's going to be class to see where you go.

I don't even know what's triggered you ffs.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just hate unhealthy fat people. Regardless of nationality.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    We just hate unhealthy fat people. Regardless of nationality.
    Yeah, looks like it.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only speak for myself, but I just found the 'elephant in the room" reply a savage (as the kids would say) gag. I'm not laughing at her for nearly dying. Christ, you must really hate Frankie Boyle.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the correct Waffle-ism here is OBSESSED.

'Outsider'

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giggles' wall-to-wall toxicity tonight has been a joy.

The state of that thing in that vid too

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one in England gives a shit about the empire. What peoples of the former empire (there is a huge amount of this on the subcontinent as well as Ireland) always forget when they put forward this idea that we're all lusting after the empire is that we never experienced the empire. That was you alone, and unfortunately that makes it entirely your problem how you want to deal with it now.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It wont happen here in my lifetime as it takes a lot of money to get the conversation going and almost nobody cares because the place is either on fire or under an oceans worth of water.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    No one in England gives a shit about the empire. What peoples of the former empire (there is a huge amount of this on the subcontinent as well as Ireland) always forget when they put forward this idea that we're all lusting after the empire is that we never experienced the empire. That was you alone, and unfortunately that makes it entirely your problem how you want to deal with it now.
    Nah that old chestnut doesn’t wash any more but routinely trotting it out again shows one of the main cores of the problem; the complete inability to look inward. During all this you’ve become completely toxic as a people. And lets be honest you were never starting from a high bar to begin with.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're branding an entire nation bloodthirsty psychopaths, but we're the toxic ones.

7:27 and that might be enough TTH for today already.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah that old chestnut doesn’t wash any more but routinely trotting it out again shows one of the main cores of the problem; the complete inability to look inward. During all this you’ve become completely toxic as a people. And lets be honest you were never starting from a high bar to begin with.
    Your problem. Not ours.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to think Henry was a bit extreme but Giggles has surpassed him.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Arthur Hughes case man my god. Threatening to arrest concerned family members under breaking bovid rules...

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Arthur Hughes case man my god. Threatening to arrest concerned family members under breaking bovid rules...
    I nearly bumped Shameful Lustage but couldn't get a decent screenshot off the bodycam footage.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, the kid's mother is a convicted murderer.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your problem. Not ours.
    Stubborn or deluded, but mostly wrong.

You’re like the school bully who’s now 52, has nobody and is roundly disliked, yet still firmly believes the people he was robbing money off and beating up are to blame. And given the chance they’d still do it all again.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could this Omicron variant actually turn out to be the end of this bullshittery?

Coronavirus mutations usually tend to make it good at one thing and one thing only?

So if that's the case if it's really good at spreading around the globe but crap at killing us then we will all have a mild illness and herd immunity will finally be on the cards.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stubborn or deluded, but mostly wrong.

You’re like the school bully who’s now 52, has nobody and is roundly disliked, yet still firmly believes the people he was robbing money off and beating up are to blame. And given the chance they’d still do it all again.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Could this Omicron variant actually turn out to be the end of this bullshittery?

Coronavirus mutations usually tend to make it good at one thing and one thing only?

So if that's the case if it's really good at spreading around the globe but crap at killing us then we will all have a mild illness and herd immunity will finally be on the cards.
    Sound logic, but we've gone well past the point where logic is being applied. Delta should have seen the end of the nonsense really and let's not forget a fuckton of chancer scientists were warning of armageddon if we opened up five months ago. That didn't happen (which should have seen the end of most of the FEAR of this thing without a fucking good reason), yet here we are again.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omicron could put us back to square one, don't sleep on it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just been chatting with my Sister and she told me that they're testing all secondary school kids (bar those that have had COVID) with LFT in January before there'll let them back in school, meaning school starts five days later to manage this shitshow.

You hear that and there really is no other explanation I can think of beyond people making an absolute killing from it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken Britain.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how that means school has to start 5 days later. It's literally a 10 minute self-administered thing. Do they have to individually supervise every kid doing it? All of my kids are testing daily with LFTs before school as they are repeatedly being pinged as contacts of other cases [in their classes] as they roll in, and the roll is considerable at the moment. I'm starting to think we must all have had it at some point [one has for certain].

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't understand how that means school has to start 5 days later. It's literally a 10 minute self-administered thing. Do they have to individually supervise every kid doing it? All of my kids are testing daily with LFTs before school as they are repeatedly being pinged as contacts of other cases [in their classes] as they roll in, and the roll is considerable at the moment. I'm starting to think we must all have had it at some point [one has for certain].
    Apparently the school is doing it, parents aren't allowed to. My nephew gets to go in only 3 days later without being tested as he's just had it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Asked if the UK was closer to the start of the pandemic than the end, Prof Paul Hunter tells BBC Breakfast he "wouldn't necessarily agree totally with that".

"I think this virus is around [and] going to be around forever," he says.

"The last time we had a big coronavirus outbreak we think was 130 years ago and that virus is still circulating, we get infected with it fairly regularly, every three to six years, and it basically just causes the common cold.

"That is likely the way that this pandemic is going, so we will be repeatedly infected with Covid, we will be repeatedly infected with new variants but by and large, they'll just be another cause of the common cold."

When asked about Christmas, he says there are actually fewer interactions between people over the festive break than during the working week, so he does not think family gatherings are "under threat".

And on stopping future variants, Hunter says we must make sure every vulnerable person around the world is vaccinated, but this “hasn’t happened to any great degree”.
    Finally someone whose head hasn't gone.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geezer's part of the 'it's just the flu' camp. Cancel him, please.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My best mate has fully gone down the rabbit hole. Fully onboard with the idea that our government is trying to control us. He was posting a link of some random undertaker saying the bodies he was seeing were looking unusual. The undertaker's name? John O'Looney.

Amazing to me that noted best buddies the UK, US, EU, Russia, China, etc. are all doing the same thing (lockdowns, vaccinations) but people really think this is planned or some sort of global effort.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally someone whose head hasn't gone.
    That sounds very much like when the BBC book an arty type for Question Time only to find out they're massively right wing. I doubt he'll appear again.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we get a variant which is much less virulent (my understanding is early signs look like omicron might be less virulent), I wonder if it would be better to let it spread and become the dominant strain. I have no idea but it's an interesting thought. I'll ask someone who knows about viruses when I'm next at work and report back.

Sorry to leave you all in such suspense.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be willing to bet decent money that we'll never let a variant run wild, there are too many feeding from the trough now to do that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *changes facebook status to boosted*

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the trough? Big farmer strikes again.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I'd be willing to bet decent money that we'll never let a variant run wild, there are too many feeding from the trough now to do that.
    Just to recap:

Kent variant - Found in September 2020. Spread like wildfire. Dominant strain. The wave it triggered lasted til December-ish 2020.
    Delta variant - Hit whilst Kent was still doing it's thing. Wave lasted until February 2021. Dominant strain. Still dominant and pumping cases out at present.

We've done nothing but let variants run wild. If Omicron overhauls Delta, so be it. We've got vaccines and the majority of the populus is not starting from 0 with regards to immunity.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Just to recap:

Kent variant - Found in September 2020. Spread like wildfire. Dominant strain. The wave it triggered lasted til December-ish 2020.
    Delta variant - Hit whilst Kent was still doing it's thing. Wave lasted until February 2021. Dominant strain. Still dominant and pumping cases out at present.

We've done nothing but let variants run wild. If Omicron overhauls Delta, so be it. We've got vaccines and the majority of the populus is not starting from 0 with regards to immunity.
    I was assuming RL meant not bother testing and maybe not even bother boosting. I'm sure he'll correct me if I was wrong.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's a variant that is transmissible but not severe, then it might well be worth taking some short term pain for long term gain. Obviously no one in decision-making positions will ever see it that way, as they are short-term beasts.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    At the trough? Big farmer strikes again.
    If you can think of another and better reason why we still have utterly bonkers restrictions and pointless testing in place the World over, neither of which are showing any signs of stopping, after the most successful vaccine rollout in all of human history, then I'm all ears.

There has to be a reason for this continued nonsense, money is the go to answer for everything else, why wouldn't it be with this?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's a variant that is transmissible but not severe, then it might well be worth taking some short term pain for long term gain. Obviously no one in decision-making positions will ever see it that way, as they are short-term beasts.
    It's shame South Africa's a former Dutch colony rather than a British one. It's definitely taking off over there like Delta did with us.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure South Africa's a former British colony.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    It's definitely taking off over there like Delta did with us.
    Well it will do, pandemic's gonna pandemic.

Maybe, just maybe, the SCIENCE that can never be questioned should consider vaccinating much more of the 2nd and 3rd World before boosting young people and 2nd jabbing actual children here. Money's not a driving force for this, so we can just give it to them, right?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some first rate heads-have-gone in the reply here, from a blue tick healthcare professor:

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pre-2020 these sorts of people were regularly pushing absolutely demented shit like treating vaping like smoking and degrading the food supply. It's just that nobody noticed until suddenly everywhere serves crappy Coke Zero to save on sugar taxes.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disappointed in Burkeman there. No one needs to eat on a short haul flight or in a pub for that matter, therefore all forms of eating and drinking on shorter flights and all of hospitality should be banned.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Pre-2020 these sorts of people were regularly pushing absolutely demented shit like treating vaping like smoking and degrading the food supply. It's just that nobody noticed until suddenly everywhere serves crappy Coke Zero to save on sugar taxes.
    This whole debacle has given SCIENCE a much louder voice than it should sadly ever have. Can you imagine what life would be like if these utter nutters were in actual power?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure South Africa's a former British colony.
    So it is. How come we didn't get an Ajax feeder team out of that?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some first rate heads-have-gone in the reply here, from a blue tick healthcare professor:

Toggle Spoiler
    Sarcasm? It is sarcasm, right?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Sarcasm? It is sarcasm, right?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisha_Greenhalgh Doesn't look like the CV of someone who deals in sarcasm.

It's funny how I'm supposedly the mad one for saying these people are dangerous, but there it is, someone with nearly forty years of professional experience in science, suggesting we need behavioural change to not talk while we eat in public.