Page 90 of 581 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
Results 4,451 to 4,500 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    You lot love a bit of quarantining in the best of times.
    Yes we do! But we save our prison islands for the brown skins. Us whites get the mainland experience....

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    Full-time, it's great because it's free and it's quite a decent school. I think it attracts a lot of hardcore finance types and the subject matter taught kind of reflects that, which is great in some ways (job security), but also makes the technical parts of the econ MSc i'm in quite a lot easier than I was hoping for.

Was choosing between Bocconi and SSE last spring. Thank fuck I didn't choose Milan
    I finished my BSc there in -17, you might have a few of my old classmates in your program. I never really quite took to the school because at a bachelor level it's really full of well to do inner city Stockholm kids who's parents both attended Handels and it all ends up a bit incestuous. I'm pretty sure that dynamic disappears a lot at a masters-level. The quality of the education was top so that's something at least.

I ended up doing my full masters at RSM instead of staying for the full duration.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Zealand atm.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/...-alert-level-4

Police have the power to order any person to stop any activity that contributes to the spread of Covid-19 and can call on the military for support.
    Yeah Id prefer the military outside hotels not roaming the streets.
    Last edited by Queenslander; 27-03-2020 at 06:56 AM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post
    I finished my BSc there in -17, you might have a few of my old classmates in your program. I never really quite took to the school because at a bachelor level it's really full of well to do inner city Stockholm kids who's parents both attended Handels and it all ends up a bit incestuous. I'm pretty sure that dynamic disappears a lot at a masters-level. The quality of the education was top so that's something at least.

I ended up doing my full masters at RSM instead of staying for the full duration.
    I did CEMS, so I know quite a lot of people from Handels/RSM. Probably have friends in common as well.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    COVID-19 Premier League Table at 27/3

The big news today is the continued upward trajectory of Western European nations, whilst Asian countries continue to fall.
    With France, Netherlands, Austria, Germany and Portugal literally joining hands to climb a combined 11 places, whilst S.Korea and China dropped 6 places - clearly indicating that the more developed Asian countries have managed to curtail the number of deaths attributed to Covid, compared to the inferior cheek-kissing European neighbours.

Israel are a New Entry into the table, so far confirming a reported 3,035 cases, with 1.15 deaths per 1m Population. Sweden were relegated to The Championship.

Despite my bold predication a few days ago, Brazil actually drop to the foot of the table, confirming only an additional 1,064 cases, and only 43 deaths, since the last count 3 days ago. #InBolsonaroWeTrust

Last edited by John Arne; 27-03-2020 at 07:15 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    COVID-19 Premier League Table at 27/3

The big news today is the continued upward trajectory of Western European nations, whilst Asian countries continue to fall.
    With France, Netherlands, Austria, Germany and Portugal literally joining hands to climb a combined 11 places, whilst S.Korea and China dropped 6 places - clearly indicating that the more developed Asian countries have managed to curtail the number of deaths attributed to Covid, compared to the inferior cheek-kissing European neighbours.

Israel are a New Entry into the table, so far confirming a reported 3,035 cases, with 1.15 deaths per 1m Population. Sweden were relegated to The Championship.

Despite my bold predication a few days ago, Brazil actually drop to the foot of the table, confirming only an additional 1,064 cases, and only 43 deaths, since the last count 3 days ago. #InBolsonaroWeTrust

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Italy are holding on, but Spain are closing and the Italians would love it if they beat them, love it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Italy are holding on, but Spain are closing and the Italians would love it if they beat them, love it.
    Like mid-90's Premier League football... I'm just waiting for the African influx.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, fully expect the US to be in the Top 6 before too long. Florida alone could probably make a surprise entry.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernanke View Post

Yeah the Bachelors kids look like wankers. People who say the Chinese all look the same have never seen an undergrad seminar at Handels. These Swedish girls carrying their laptops to school in their arms because the Balenciaga bags they brought are too small for anything

Masters programs are different, mostly due to the Germans

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Derbyshire Police posted up a video on Twitter showing people driving out to the Peak District to highlight that it is against the government advice, and it seems to have prompted hundreds of responses from people who can't believe they aren't allowed to go and drive somewhere for their hour of exercise each day.

The point being if everyone had the same fucking idea, the moors and countryside will be full of people stumbling over one another as they try and get a walk in. People don't seem to understand this isn't just an extended holiday from work where you can potter off for a long drive because the weather is nice. Just fucking walk outside at a quiet time and avoid people the best you can, is that too hard to ask?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    So Derbyshire Police posted up a video on Twitter showing people driving out to the Peak District to highlight that it is against the government advice, and it seems to have prompted hundreds of responses from people who can't believe they aren't allowed to go and drive somewhere for their hour of exercise each day.

The point being if everyone had the same fucking idea, the moors and countryside will be full of people stumbling over one another as they try and get a walk in. People don't seem to understand this isn't just an extended holiday from work where you can potter off for a long drive because the weather is nice. Just fucking walk outside at a quiet time and avoid people the best you can, is that too hard to ask?
    It’s not as simple as that.

If you live centrally then if you go for a wander you’re likely to pass more people than if you drive out to the countryside. Under both circumstances it’s down to the individuals to distance appropriately. Whether you walk along a street in a city centre or drive to what you perceive a quieter area, makes no difference.

Forests, national parks etc are huge. Avoid small trail paths and peaks and it’s probably safer than going for a mooch around a city centre.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forests and national parks are huge, but as we saw last weekend, when everyone gets the same idea to have a walk out of town, it causes gridlock on the roads and you see walkways and paths looking busier than inner-city roads. This is an unprecedented situation we all find ourselves in and if that means we walk up and down the same street 10 times to get our exercise and keep out of people's way, then so be it. Plodding off for an hour's drive to the moorland just so the view is nice is not really sensible.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    Forests and national parks are huge, but as we saw last weekend, when everyone gets the same idea to have a walk out of town, it causes gridlock on the roads and you see walkways and paths looking busier than inner-city roads. This is an unprecedented situation we all find ourselves in and if that means we walk up and down the same street 10 times to get our exercise and keep out of people's way, then so be it. Plodding off for an hour's drive to the moorland just so the view is nice is not really sensible.
    There’s always going to be anomalies and it’s up to the individual to be sensible. If they turn up at a park and it’s hoaching go elsewhere. In the same way as if you’re wandering around a city and there was loads of people on the same pavement you’d deviate. Absolutely zero difference.

Proximity of cars means fuck all. Unless you decide to wait around and hold hands with those who decide to park beside you it’s irrelevant.

Appreciate the intent is social distancing but ultimately it’s down to the individual to do that appropriately. Shaming an old couple walking their dog on moorland (with nobody else around) is pointless. Who’s being harmed? Nobody.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woke up with a hint of a sore throat, pray for me lads.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Friday has taken on a whole new meaning.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone else’s local council scrapped recycling? We’re being told to just put everything into the “general waste” wheelie bin and it’s getting collected weekly.

I know we’re in crisis but it seems a bit negligent to me, all things considered.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Has anyone else’s local council scrapped recycling? We’re being told to just put everything into the “general waste” wheelie bin and it’s getting collected weekly.

I know we’re in crisis but it seems a bit negligent to me, all things considered.
    Yeah, they've cancelled recyclingbhere for thebtime being. I don't think the normal bin collection is any more regular though.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Western Australia has closed all gun shops.

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-...&sf232003675=1

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't all recycling just go into landfill in South East Asia anyway?

This lockdown is mucking with my sense of time, every day just blends in with its surroundings.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This 16 year-old dying in Paris sounds a little fishy.

Her sister, Manon, has warned that her death shows that everyone is a risk from Covid-19.

"Julie just had a light cough last week and it got worse with mucus at the weekend. On Monday they went to see the doctor and that's when she was diagnosed with respiratory distress. She's had no particular illnesses before," Manon told Le Parisien newspaper. Julie was taken to hospital and transferred to the Necker hospital in Paris where she was put on a respirator on Tuesday night. But it was too late to help as her lungs had failed.
    Real sudden.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Foe View Post
    Appreciate the intent is social distancing but ultimately it’s down to the individual to do that appropriately. Shaming an old couple walking their dog on moorland (with nobody else around) is pointless. Who’s being harmed? Nobody.
    Those who have to use the petrol station. People failing to understand 'essential travel' can fuck off, I'm losing my freedoms for cunts like that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Petrol stations at the moment.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Life as a jobbing tradesman is pretty strange now, yesterday at 5pm the M25 and M4 were both dead.

The lockdown seems to be ramping up every day. I've still not been stopped or asked why I'm travelling. Yesterday I saw a park all taped off with police patrolling. I've been taking this very seriously for a few weeks but mow it finally seems most people are on the same wave length.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's scary. I haven't seen the roads so quiet since it was extra time during England vs Croatia in the semi-final.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris has it

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Boris has announced he tested positive. I can’t help but feel this and the Prince Charles thing are publicity stunts to try scare folk into staying in doors

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He just wants to get out of the briefings.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if it’s actually true, this Corona really isn’t all bad. Seems to attack the right sort of people. Kussenburg next, please

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, he lives in London and meets a lot of people on a daily basis. Of course he has it.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these famous people catching it with absolutely no symptoms in their middle age or older. I’m not so sure.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do they put in the water system in Dundee?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buckfast.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Those who have to use the petrol station. People failing to understand 'essential travel' can fuck off, I'm losing my freedoms for cunts like that.
    Take a drive out to the countryside and walk it off.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    All these famous people catching it with absolutely no symptoms in their middle age or older. I’m not so sure.
    They're the only ones with a means for getting tested. I'm telling you, nunber of infected is clearly pushing 8 figures in UK if it's not there already.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half of us have had it. I'm convinced of it.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it'll be really interesting once the antibody testing comes in to see how many people have had it.

Iceland have tested loads of people and found half of those positive are asymptomatic.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holiday is back on @Lee

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why aren't we making our own tests? (or are we?)

It's not exactly ground breaking tech that's required.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are making our own tests. It's just taking weeks or months because NEWNESS.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a load of shit. China can turn a forest into a hospital in a week ffs.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Construction is not science.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Construction is not science.
    It is.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Holiday is back on @Lee
    I’ve seen the NHS England internal modelling today. Based on 75% compliance with current measures the peak will be during Easter week. April is going to be unpleasant, sharp reduction in demand through May and back to current demand levels (which are mostly low) by the final third of June.

London and the South East are respectively doing worse than the current projections, every other region either level or below.

We’ve got ~3 months to get widespread testing sorted so we don’t need nation-wide restrictions again.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any stats on total daily deaths in England per day. 2019 was 1400 per day, but it's difficult to find any data for now (Covid + everything else).

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The way I see it, the Covid deaths are in addition to a normal workload.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I’ve seen the NHS England internal modelling today. Based on 75% compliance with current measures the peak will be during Easter week. April is going to be unpleasant, sharp reduction in demand through May and back to current demand levels (which are mostly low) by the final third of June.

London and the South East are respectively doing worse than the current projections, every other region either level or below.

We’ve got ~3 months to get widespread testing sorted so we don’t need nation-wide restrictions again.
    I go 3rd June. Can I ask you to rerun the numbers and present a response more favorable to my blind faith that it will all be fine.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    25th for me. It’s not happening. It would be mental to open up to flights fully as soon as we get back to where we are now.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    The way I see it, the Covid deaths are in addition to a normal workload.
    I fully expect so. But, I'd like to see the numbers. Italy is something like an additional 30% deaths per day.