User Tag List

Page 86 of 581 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast
Results 4,251 to 4,300 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People are probably a bit too used to mugging the police off now, to be honest. It's times like these where I imagine it's sort of beneficial to live in one of those countries (and I don't even know what countries I'm specifically referring to here) where the police routinely go around cracking heads and everyone is scared shitless of them.
    Last edited by Alex; 26-03-2020 at 02:51 PM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/52050109

This many asthmatics all in the same place has to be a bad idea.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need a bit of old school policing during this period, and with the rules relaxed for almost everything, it's a good time to be doing it.

Wouldn't advocate going as far as framing people for pub bombings, but a little slap as that barbeque was pushed over? I'm perfectly fine with that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, putting 'attempted murder' charges on a malicious cough should be enough.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I mean, putting 'attempted murder' charges on a malicious cough should be enough.
    Perfectly fine with that too.

Now is far from the time to be a cunt and we need to go in hard on it.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 more dead in NI.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    We need a bit of old school policing during this period, and with the rules relaxed for almost everything, it's a good time to be doing it.

Wouldn't advocate going as far as framing people for pub bombings, but a little slap as that barbeque was pushed over? I'm perfectly fine with that.
    No thanks.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Canada's number (with an economy ~1/10th the size of the US) is about ~1M. Dark days.

EDIT: @Bernanke, did you pull that off the web or do you have Bloomberg Anywhere access?
    Twitter unfortunately.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all in on Yev justice. These young cunts with their corona challenge need a death among them from a beating as a warning to the herd.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    : phonicsrage :

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah dystopia is definitely the answer .

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only if the Old Bill can be sent round to slap about everyone who's suggesting such things first.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd take that too. Sacrifices need to be made.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HCMC Government had to send out a city-wide SMS to everyone today to reject rumours that the city was going to be blockaded tomorrow. #Crackdown

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All these self-employed people and small business sweating on declaring their real earnings or not.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishi really is very good.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of Tax Dodgers this is going to fuck

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    The amount of Tax Dodgers this is going to fuck

Also my thoughts upon seeing it.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishi really is very good.
    He’s great. No bullshit, no promises he can’t keep.

Also a lovely ‘afternoon, Robert’ after Peston swore.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at the journalist who didn't unmute.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Medical woman giving a tiny bit of hope that I’ll be able to leave my house at some point in the next six months.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rishi sounds very similar to Blair.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Medical woman giving a tiny bit of hope that I’ll be able to leave my house at some point in the next six months.
    It's not looking likely, is it?

While Furlough is a great idea in principle, it's also putting great strain on the people left working who aren't on it.

I need to get more booze in, I'm going to be an alcoholic by the time this is over. I barely drank at home before it started.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not looking likely, is it?

While Furlough is a great idea in principle, it's also putting great strain on the people left working who aren't on it.

I need to get more booze in, I'm going to be an alcoholic by the time this is over. I barely drank at home before it started.
    She was talking about flexing restrictions over that period so we’ll get little bits of freedom returned to us over the summer, I imagine.

On drinking, I almost never drink at home. I’ve drank four times this week, including right now. I don’t know if it’s boredom or just coping with the doom.

And not that I want to excite Team Over by Easter but:

https://twitter.com/alistairhaimes/s...722477056?s=21

Presumably the mild winter meant fewer dead oldies, and now nature has come back for a bit of a laugh. It’s not entirely impossible that we don’t get many (any?) excess deaths from this. Imagine that, FFS.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm actually pretty annoyed my job can be done from home now. Could've had a nice little holiday ffs.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    China was locked up and back out in less than 4 months. No chance you'll do 6.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ll be waiting to nearer the end of June before definitely knocking Corfu on the head but once it becomes certain (i.e they do it for me so I get my money back) like fuck will I be wasting two weeks holiday at home. I’ll keep a week back and fuck off to the Canaries or somewhere else warm in the autumn before the winter covid return.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    It will be about three. Or as long as it takes to buy shitloads of working tests to see who has had the bastard and who has it at the time so they can keep them locked up for a bit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was even less than that, but then again China's locked up and the west's locked up are quite a bit different.

Everytime I go out to get the supermarket and the likes, I still see quite a few people out. Sure it's not like it would be normally, but the weekdays feel like a normal Sunday or so in terms of the amount of people and cars out. Granted I live in the suburbs of Paris (so it's a bit less policed) but still.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On flexing restrictions, if the antibody test works I could easily envisage a time when those who have had it are allowed out before those that haven't.

I might start hanging round hospitals if that looks likely.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    113 new deaths reported today.

Beth Rigby was saying earlier that the best rough way to look at these is add them to yesterday’s and half, as yesterday was a ‘crossover’ period while they changed reporting times.

So depending on your view either the world is about to end or things look stable. Best thing for now is to look at the total at this stage compared to the fucked countries. I’ll wait to see what tomorrow brings.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On flexing restrictions, if the antibody test works I could easily envisage a time when those who have had it are allowed out before those that haven't.

Nice change of pace from primary schools

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They’ll let the immune and the young/low risk out together. Old and sick people are in for a while yet.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like the whole company is unravelling back at HQ. The warehouse manager finally went to the MD to ask that formal 2m distancing practices be put into place for his staff, which would involve rearranging the furniture, which might take a couple of hours or so (apparently warehouse manager doesn't have the authority to do this himself). The answer was that management would discuss and advise NEXT WEEK. W/H manager went back to tell his troops this, and 5 of them walked out on the spot. MD then lost the plot and said they had all forgone a possible furlough by doing this (not sure on the legality of this statement), now the remaining ones are carrying on to continue getting paid but STILL not 2 metres apart.

I have never seen an organisation go to the dogs in such a short space of time as this. I'd be amazed if we're still open by this time next week. The worst thing is it was all completely avoidable. All the MD had to do was put in place a clear plan about two weeks ago about how to keep people safe/how to adapt working practices to deal with this, and then we could all have worked our arses off to keep the business going as best as possible from there, motivated by the fact that the company had shown it had our best interests at heart. Instead, morale has rapidly dwindled to zero and it's all down to the cowardice and lack of ability of what passes for the directorial leadership.

The real problem is that the directors are all shit-scared of El Presidente, probably because they owe their careers/positions to him and he is a controlling, devious bastard himself. As such, no one EVER makes a decision.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re surely hitting double figures on new deaths today the way things are going in NI and mainland UK.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will be about three.
    They'll be sending you out way before that. No way Treasury is willing to pay people 25k to stay at home for 3 months.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Italian deaths are marginally down today, by the way. Lombardy cases and deaths both well up which is worrying until you remember that we’re 10-14 days from seeing a reduction in deaths resulting from lockdown and that cases are up because they tested a fuckload more and the proportion of positives is actually down.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Sounds like the whole company is unravelling back at HQ. The warehouse manager finally went to the MD to ask that formal 2m distancing practices be put into place for his staff, which would involve rearranging the furniture, which might take a couple of hours or so (apparently warehouse manager doesn't have the authority to do this himself). The answer was that management would discuss and advise NEXT WEEK. W/H manager went back to tell his troops this, and 5 of them walked out on the spot. MD then lost the plot and said they had all forgone a possible furlough by doing this (not sure on the legality of this statement), now the remaining ones are carrying on to continue getting paid but STILL not 2 metres apart.

I have never seen an organisation go to the dogs in such a short space of time as this. I'd be amazed if we're still open by this time next week. The worst thing is it was all completely avoidable. All the MD had to do was put in place a clear plan about two weeks ago about how to keep people safe/how to adapt working practices to deal with this, and then we could all have worked our arses off to keep the business going as best as possible from there, motivated by the fact that the company had shown it had our best interests at heart. Instead, morale has rapidly dwindled to zero and it's all down to the cowardice and lack of ability of what passes for the directorial leadership.

The real problem is that the directors are all shit-scared of El Presidente, probably because they owe their careers/positions to him and he is a controlling, devious bastard himself. As such, no one EVER makes a decision.
    This is 90% of companies. None of the people at that level have ever had to actually make a decision that matters.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll be sending you out way before that. No way Treasury is willing to pay people 25k to stay at home for 3 months.
    The May bank holiday piss ups will ruin any good work up to that point if so. They’re best holding off to June given that, combined with research suggesting heat and humidity slow transmission.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hate when you guys share information but then caveat it and then caveat the caveat so I honestly have no idea what the fuck I've actually just read.

We go from "seems this is down" to "but that's only because" and "but really it's all about the underlying.." and i'm just headspun.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish the antigen test wasn't an online application. You can sense a lot of 'I think I've had it' people will wind up blank. I'm basing that off the inverse where the vast majority of the people tested for Covid don't produce a positive.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    These Chris Whitty adverts I'm getting on Sky Go are some proper dystopian shit.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The May bank holiday piss ups will ruin any good work up to that point if so. They’re best holding off to June given that, combined with research suggesting heat and humidity slow transmission.
    Get all the (remaining) old boys marching for the VE Day stuff.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Queued outside Tesco for half an hour for eggs that didn't exist. This is miserable.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is 90% of companies. None of the people at that level have ever had to actually make a decision that matters.
    That's why the world needs management consultants.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Queued outside Tesco for half an hour for eggs that didn't exist. This is miserable.
    Although I will say our Tesco is getting better stocked now. I saw proper meat in for the first time in weeks.

Senior Member Alan Shearer The 2nd's Avatar
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ventured out for the first time since Monday to Asda, kind of spooky seeing everything so quiet but it was bloody fantastic, the shop was dead. Can we have a population cull after this?

Even at this time of day I managed to get most of what I was after.