User Tag List

Page 281 of 581 FirstFirst ... 181231271279280281282283291331381 ... LastLast
Results 14,001 to 14,050 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I literally spent three paragraphs bemoaning the fact that they were choosing not to feed destitute children. If you're too thick to understand that then it isn't my problem.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd cost less than a fiver a week to feed a kid. Both sides of the debate need to calm their passions. We got serious problems like clubs not being open at the minute.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I literally spent three paragraphs bemoaning the fact that they were choosing not to feed destitute children. If you're too thick to understand that then it isn't my problem.
    this has popped up with a strong media figure and therefore a large chunk of public opinion on their side, and it isn't that expensive, so as a government you have to be politically savvy enough to just pay for the meals, get it off the table and move on.
    When it comes down to it all you bemoaned is why the Tories are too stupid to see that politically it's what they should do.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, because my post was about the government's political incompetence, not their moral outlook. I would take it as a given that a Tory government isn't going to want to do handouts in most cases. What I think is neither here nor there (as it happens, I would probably agree with Marcus on most points).

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, because my post was about the government's political incompetence, not their moral outlook.
    But that's all your posts are ever about. The fact you only ever talk about the politics and never the morality very much makes it come across like you don't actually care about anything but your team winning the game.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    But that's all your posts are ever about. The fact you only ever talk about the politics and never the morality very much makes it come across like you don't actually care about anything but your team winning the game.
    But that's all your posts are ever about. The fact you only ever talk about the and science never the morality very much makes it come across like you don't actually care about anything but your team winning the game.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by 'my team winning the game' you mean 'the government functioning to good effect' then yes, you're right - I'll leave the morality to vicars and people who are self-important enough to think their bullshit opinions matter. Treating politics as a moral crusade is how people like Jeremy Corbyn end up accomplishing precisely nothing in a 40-year career, and is also, in fact, how Boris and Cummings end up not seeing past the end of their noses in situations like this.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If by 'my team winning the game' you mean 'the government functioning to good effect' then yes, you're right
    I mean the Tories winning.

- I'll leave the morality to vicars and people who are self-important enough to think their bullshit opinions matter. .
    Lol at this. So your bullshit political opinions are worthy for all to hear, but anyone who has an opinion based in morality should shut the fuck up?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    But that's all your posts are ever about. The fact you only ever talk about the and science never the morality very much makes it come across like you don't actually care about anything but your team winning the game.
    Don't even know where to start with this.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads, CORONAVIRUS.... Please.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love RL's vendetta against Jimmy. I knew someone that didn't like David Attenborough once and this is the closest I've been to that since.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Governance is inextricably linked to morality, always. It’s just that the morality of conservatives is all about freedom from interference and protection of property. And the morality of “picking yourself up by your bootstraps”

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess Rashford needs to get himself ordained so the Jimmy's will take notice of his self-important bullshit.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even Nigel Farage has criticised the government's stance on free school meals.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean the Tories winning.
    I couldn't give a fuck about the Tories winning. Versus Corbyn, yes, but now the opposition is a pragmatic one I'd be relaxed about either 'team' governing. I like my country and I want its government to be successful or at least not be fucking useless and drive itself into self-defeating pits like this one has done on this issue.

Lol at this. So your bullshit political opinions are worthy for all to hear, but anyone who has an opinion based in morality should shut the fuck up?
    I don't think my political opinions matter. I just find it somewhat interesting/enjoyable to articulate them on this board sometimes. Other posters are free to ignore them, not read them, agree or disagree with them as they see fit. Instead of any of those options you seem to be taking the bizarre position that instead of posting about what I find it interesting/enjoyable to post about, I should be posting about something completely different.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A letters gone out to all schools round here reminding everyone that we’re under TIER 3 LOCKDOWN MATE and asking parents and kids to behave themselves during half term, including:

With Halloween approaching participation in the traditional ‘Trick or Treating’ is being discouraged to prevent further spread of Covid-19. Parents are advised that Trick or Treating carries an increased risk of infection by its nature, with significant and unnecessary social mixing between many different households.
    Discouraged?! Come on, surely that should have been outright banned under this so called lockdown.

If any snotty-nosed kid knocks on my door asking for sweets, I’ll [ask my wife to] tell their dads to get the fuck off my property.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess Rashford needs to get himself ordained so the Jimmy's will take notice of his self-important bullshit.
    What you'll notice if you read any of Rashford's utterances is that they are completely free of bullshit opinions - there's no 'should', in there, just 'must'. For him it's a pure results business, food in mouths = win, but the government doesn't get that, because it's drowning in the surrounding unnecessary bullshit and ideology.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just disagreeing with you in a way you don't like.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What you'll notice if you read any of Rashford's utterances is that they are completely free of bullshit opinions - there's no 'should', in there, just 'must'. For him it's a pure results business, food in mouths = win, but the government doesn't get that, because it's drowning in the surrounding unnecessary bullshit.

Gold medal for mental gymnastics.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    A letters gone out to all schools round here reminding everyone that we’re under TIER 3 LOCKDOWN MATE and asking parents and kids to behave themselves during half term, including:

Discouraged?! Come on, surely that should have been outright banned under this so called lockdown.

If any snotty-nosed kid knocks on my door asking for sweets, I’ll [ask my wife to] tell their dads to get the fuck off my property.
    Schools have also just received notice that the government won't be reimbursing them for covid-associated extra costs they've been forced to incur (buying hand-washing stations etc), despite promising that they would be.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just disagreeing with you in a way you don't like.
    You are always the one who introduces the animosity. Always.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah well, it's grating seeing someone constantly reduce important things like child food poverty to nothing more than political point-scoring exercises, especially when it's things I directly work with the consequences of.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate you fold babies for a laugh. You're one to bemoan others.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let the record please state I thoroughly do not enjoy folding babies and will only do so when truly necessary

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can tell the winter lockdown is properly getting to people when you look at this page.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic View Post
    But that's all your posts are ever about. The fact you only ever talk about pissing yourself in airports and never the morality very much makes it come across like you don't actually care about anything but your team pissing themselves in airports.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Schools have also just received notice that the government won't be reimbursing them for covid-associated extra costs they've been forced to incur (buying hand-washing stations etc), despite promising that they would be.
    We’ve already paid them.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 'child benefit' idea would be clever politics and good administration. Owing to it being child rather than school-centred, it would also cover things away from school hours such as basic parenting.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've spent the last 8 years working with low income families in one form orr another. Food poverty is far from a new thing. The amount of laughable Income and Expenditure forms I've seen is beyond estimation.

The problem is it's a 50/50 split between people who just don't have enough money to get by and people who just don't know how to prioritise. That's why Free School Dinners will always be the easiest way to deal with this. There is a scarily large number of people that would rather live off tinned Ravioli and Crispy Pancakes than give up their Sky subscription.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    My 'child benefit' idea would be clever politics and good administration. Owing to it being child rather than school-centred, it would also cover things away from school hours such as basic parenting.
    I know but when it comes to being fed I don't think it's unreasonable for the state to prop kids up against the chances of their parents not being able to allocate those resources properly.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    There is a scarily large number of people that would rather live off tinned Ravioli and Crispy Pancakes than give up their Sky subscription.
    Woah woah woah, this thread has had enough conflict. Let's not bring crispy pancakes into this.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've plenty of time for a Crispy Pancake and Cheese Hamwich every now and then, but when they're the corner stone of your diet, you're heading for a generation of 4' 3", malnourished, diabetic, manlets.
    Last edited by Spikey M; 22-10-2020 at 10:50 AM.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if the local shop has crispy pancakes. That would be a brilliant lunch.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the last time I saw them was in Iceland about 3 years ago. A victim of the Horsemeat Scandal.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My mum used to do homemade ones sometimes. I looked into it but decided it was more effort than it was worth. Dunno when I last had them.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    You can tell the winter lockdown is properly getting to people when you look at this page.
    I was thinking this too.

Also, Spikey, Attenborough is mostly shit. His only saving grace is the activism where he does well, but him slowly dying to animals fighting in 4K is washed.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Toon View Post
    I was thinking this too.

Also, Spikey, Attenborough is mostly shit. His only saving grace is the activism where he does well, but him slowly dying to animals fighting in 4K is washed.
    I've never been more disappointed with a person in my life.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know but when it comes to being fed I don't think it's unreasonable for the state to prop kids up against the chances of their parents not being able to allocate those resources properly.
    And schools should be 24/7 in case they can't supervise their homework properly.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for his tweets, my guess would be a woman is writing them. They read like a whiny female activist trying not to write like a whiny female activist.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone done forensic analysis of his post-match interview speaking lexicon to check? If not then Dom, if you're reading this, get on it, you could get a week's Twitter whines out of that angle.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd agree that I doubt he's writing them, but that he has the sense not to if that is indeed the case just makes me think he's even more of a gent.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More financial fucking giveaways. The levels lost to fraud

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are all the articles and even the midget himself on the briefing name-dropping Franco Manca as the location of his roundtable and more importantly, why tf is a roundtable happening at Franco Fucking Manca? Properly dodgy backhander.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was worth it for this line in the story I read:

London is in tier 2 coronavirus lockdown, meaning no one should meet people outside their household or support bubble while indoors. Sunak and Jenrick do not live with each other, or with the business leaders they met.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sure they will be fined.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boris holding steady against the circuit breaker is about the first bit of proper leadership he's shown in the whole crisis, especially with Hancock and Gove apparently crying for one every day. Let's hope it lasts another 3 days or so.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was worth it for this line in the story I read:
    I work with a lady like that. She's constantly complaining about people 'breaking the rules' during our pointless Skype meetings and immediately retreats to 'the rules are too complicated!' when it turns out that they weren't breaking the rules. Christ I'd like to hit her with something blunt and heavy.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bbc.com/news/health-54634721

Gwan Dr. Raghib Ali but what I don't understand is who chooses to air this cunt's grievances and run BBC headlines off it for the entire day to millions yet, airing one of the Great Barrington Declaration doctors' views is unnacceptable. Who yields that mighty sword and what is their agenda?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    St Mirren have had another four positive cases. They’ve had about triple the amount of positive cases as they’ve had points in the last few months.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it me or does this fundamentally miss the point of a good test and trace system:

At Wednesday's coronavirus briefing he said "I share people's frustrations" at the turnaround times for results.

The government's chief scientific adviser, Sir Patrick Vallance, said it was "very clear there's room for improvement" in the system.

It comes as figures showed just 15.1% of people who were tested received their result within 24 hours.

The figures for the week ending 14 October are down from 32.8% in the previous week.

It is the lowest weekly percentage since NHS Test and Trace began.

Mr Johnson previously pledged that all tests would be processed within 24 hours - unless there were issues with postal tests - by the end of June.

The figures also show a drop to 59.6% in the proportion of close contacts reached of people who tested positive.

This is also the lowest weekly percentage since the system began and is down from 63% in the previous week.

Speaking at a coronavirus press conference at Downing Street, Mr Johnson said: "I share people's frustrations and I understand totally why we do need to see faster turnaround times and we need to improve it.

"We need to make sure that people who do get a positive test self-isolate - that's absolutely crucial if this thing is going to work in the way that it can."
    Speedy results is one thing, but surely that should be part of a wider plan of how you use those results to understand properly how it spreads and therefore mitigate against that spread.

I may only be Yevrah, but they could do worse than giving me a job on this ship really.