User Tag List

Page 147 of 581 FirstFirst ... 4797137145146147148149157197247 ... LastLast
Results 7,301 to 7,350 of 29008

Thread: Coronavirus Death Thread

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but I'm better at admitting it these days.

Weekend and Monday were rough. Today is somehow better.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've always been a bit of an emotionally sap but this week specifically I feel crushed. Not so much as in going down a dark route, just really sad and upset at everything. All the deaths, the uncertainty, obviously the whole furlough bollocks that I and others are still fighting. It's all become rather draining. On the flip side, it's brought people out of the wood work that I would never have even remembered had they not got in touch on Facebook which in turns upsets as it makes you remember (or struggle to do so with my memory).

I noticed my brother who is usually a rock and unemotional posted a long sincere message to our community yesterday which probably set me off even more.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked out why today is better. It's the rain. Feeling low in the rain is a lot easier than feeling low in the sun.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My overwhelming feeling at this point is one of boredom.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Worked out why today is better. It's the rain. Feeling low in the rain is a lot easier than feeling low in the sun.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Out of curiosity, has anyone on here experienced a shift in mental health in this past week in particular? Like, far more emotional than you'd like to admit?
    I did at the start. Couple of cries in the shower if memory serves.

Seem to have adjusted fine now though. Well, apart from sleep, which is fucked. Not because things are on my mind, but I'm just not tired until silly o'clock.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My latest hypothesis is that the general consensus that this will lead to a decline in mental welfare may actually be incorrect and that it'll go the other way.

Let's be under no illusions, a lead pipe into the wheel of capitalism will have clear benefits, people's perspectives alter as a result. Marketing (be it corporate or self-promotion on social media) and social hierarchies are hindered, endless distractions are cut and people revert back to basics and get in touch with their consciousness. That will be a positive, even if it does mean people have to tackle their demons. In fact, not doing so may well be what the system has so successfully accomodated and which has led to the mental health epidemic of recent times.

Jesus, that's some gold right there, give me a day to focus it a bit more, weave/crowbar in some bullshit quote like Stendhal: "a man can acquire anything in solitude except a character" and I may yet come out of this lockdown as the next fucking Alain De Botton.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The eventual release (as in psychological release, rather than the literal release from lockdown) will be truly epic. It just ain't happening yet.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    As if he listens to anyone/anything that isn't his own voice.
    The problem is apparently he agrees with whatever the last person he spoke to said.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    Surely that's skewed massively by Italy et al having their peak during Flu season / peak mortality season? Ours spiked at the time of year that those deaths normally drop off.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Austria have a z-score of -11 on that website. What in the sweet name of George Romero is going on over in Vienna?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've established extra Fritzl dungeons to skew the figures.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Social distancing" is basically our normal way of doing things, so this really is our time to shine.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Surely that's skewed massively by Italy et al having their peak during Flu season / peak mortality season? Ours spiked at the time of year that those deaths normally drop off.
    The normal range is on the graph.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We know that our recorded covid deaths are roughly the same as all theirs, so our increase must be in other deaths.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The real Boris Johnson dying counts as a thousand deaths.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dominic Cummings has five spare Boris Johnsons growing in his greenhouse.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has a load of lookalikes like Saddam Hussein. Two of them alternate shifts driving the bus past Carole Madwoman's house.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It struck me yesterday that now would be a good time for a TTH werewolf game. One of you furloughed lot run one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My neighbour didn't have covid. Some other bacteria apparently. Leedsrevolution lives another day.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I bet that's a relief for him and what's left of his spine.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I've noticed, probably down to the dramatic drop in brain stimulus during the day, is that my dreams have become incredibly vivid. Feel like i'm spending a lot of my day dissecting whatever nonsense I dreamed the night before.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
    My neighbour didn't have covid. Some other bacteria apparently. Leedsrevolution lives another day.

In the words of Waff/Baz, get the fucking pubs open.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Well, I bet that's a relief for him and what's left of his spine.
    Dont give a fuck about him. It's a relief for me who went round to help. Too late for him, no need to take me down with him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Either Sainsburys has really relaxed their social distancing policies or the person in charge of letting people in was shit today.

Easily the most amount of people I've encountered whilst in the supermarket and there were a couple of aisles which had way too much people in them and people didn't know what to do.

Also, it's absolutely pissing it down here.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreak...sts_for_hours/

This video is tremendous. "It's not a virus...it's political science!"

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Either Sainsburys has really relaxed their social distancing policies or the person in charge of letting people in was shit today.

Easily the most amount of people I've encountered whilst in the supermarket and there were a couple of aisles which had way too much people in them and people didn't know what to do.

Also, it's absolutely pissing it down here.
    I mean surely it’s down to them to realise they should keep their distance. You can’t police it forever, people need to police themselves if they care about it.

Definitely an increase in activity though. I’ve noticed it on my wanders, youths out kicking a ball about, older folk chatting in gardens and even saw a couple today call on someone for a visit.

Not that I give a shit, but I imagine there’s a large proportion of the population taking satisfaction from reporting others.

Also, there’s corona in the care home where my nan is. She’s not had a clue who I was when I’ve visited the last few years but still a little unnerving.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That whole subreddit is a gold mine right now.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football and rugby are a no-go until September in France.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've now opened up testing to anyone who has to leave home for work. I wonder if they'd let me qualify under those rules.

Oh, and looks like the bosch are having to re-tighten their lockdown. Strap in boys.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically we've decided to let everyone die for the economy, so, this shit (unlike my life which I will soon take) is going to go on until 2022.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean, what did they expect would happen? Magically the infection rate would remain the same even though there's a lot more interactions between (possibly asymptomatic) people?

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    Basically we've decided to let everyone die for the economy, so, this shit (unlike my life which I will soon take) is going to go on until 2022.
    Bruh.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and looks like the bosch are having to re-tighten their lockdown. Strap in boys.
    That should put the Bundesliga to bed which should therefore put pressure on the Premier League to end our season. Victimpool don't win the league and we all have a good laugh!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or they win it without having to set foot on the pitch again.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah. Season is null and void, they get fuck all. Leeds also getting shafted for the double whammy.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, nobody will be miffed if they just hand it to them. It's not like they haven't earned it. Relegation and promotions will all just be frozen. I can't see anything restarting now. Especially with FIFA saying, "Fuck it. Just think more about next season."

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will actually stop them restarting is the negative PR and brand damage if they attempt to.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we hand the FA Cup and CL to whoever we think deserves it also?

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I mean, what did they expect would happen? Magically the infection rate would remain the same even though there's a lot more interactions between (possibly asymptomatic) people?
    Ya, I don't get why the scientists talk of reducing the R when the intrinsic value of the R for the virus remains at 2.6 (or whatever) and bounces back up to that as soon as Greggs opens their door. Is this understanding fundamentally wrong? Because if not, it's essential this is explained to the public so they understand there's no way out of this before a vaccine. BBC News had them showing the R number as some sort of gameshow gauge which went up and down and we could ease the lockdown and only increase it to 1 if we're careful. Fuck off, mate, it's taking 2.6 people with it, it doesn't care for your shit political strategising and telling mongs to give each other space as if that's gonna be adhered.

Also, vaccine comes out, what actually hapens at that point. I don't want to go on some anti-vaxxer vibe bit they won't make it compulsory will they? But then if they don't, what prevents it crushing the healthcare system again? Compulsory for the infirm?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Do we hand the FA Cup and CL to whoever we think deserves it also?
    Yes, give the FA Cup to Newcastle. We've really earned it through our amazing, watched-by-all televised cup ties.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    Yes, give the FA Cup to Newcastle. We've really earned it through our amazing, watched-by-all televised cup ties.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam View Post
    Nah. Season is null and void, they get fuck all. Leeds also getting shafted for the double whammy.
    Coventry for the hat-trick, I guess.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Southend stay up.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What will actually stop them restarting is the negative PR and brand damage if they attempt to.
    What about the financial and contractual implications? If they decided to continue this season in say September, or next Easter or whatever, there will be all that on top of anything else.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScousePig View Post
    What about the financial and contractual implications? If they decided to continue this season in say September, or next Easter or whatever, there will be all that on top of anything else.
    Concern number one is to keep the gravy train on the tracks in the long run, and if they wail and gnash their teeth about restarting any time soon, or short-term money concerns, there's a very good chance it could derail completely amid a negative publicity storm. You saw what happened a month ago when they started furloughing junior staff, and Garies Lineker and Neville had to work overtime going through the entire quote-tweet emoji handbook to keep the bhajis on the trolley then. They even wheeled out some ghost author writing under Wayne Rooney's name to do a SEETHING column.

If they start trying to claim themselves as a special exemption to lockdown while everyone's granny is expiring in care homes, and before schools and offices are back, they'll be fucked for years. People remember.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a bit of that now, as football has gradually crept back onto the scene, at least as much as is feasible.

I keep expecting some kind of announcement, but what you say is probably sound justification for why it hasn't come. But in all honesty, would a negative publicity storm really have that much of an effect in the medium/long-term?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would. Being hardcore football fans, it's easy to forget that the money bubble they have generated for themselves is largely on the back of two things: 1) oil states laundering, and 2) general public buying Sky Sports subscriptions. Even if 1) continues (which is by no means certain), 2) is seriously threatened already by the pandemic as people are having to cut back on luxuries - not that there's any sport on anyway - and how quick will they be to dunk sixty quid a month back into a Sky box once this gradually comes to an end? How quick will the gingerly re-opening pubs be to pay 18 grand or whatever it is for their public Sky sub?

If the pay TV model that has ruled football for the last 20 years comes to an end, so will the Premier League's financial supremacy. Having an appearance of being grubby stinking fucks at this point would be fatal to that.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The TV bit's even more prescient if, as it has been rumoured, the rest of this season goes free-to-air.