User Tag List

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Merry Christmas...it's December Football 2019

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ. They don't even attempt to hide it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Italians and Spaniards have no clue.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's fake because Italian newspapers are pink.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope, it's legit. Gazetta dello Sport is the only sports paper in Italy that uses pink paper.

Also, those fucking hoofs from Liverpool. Precise as fuck.
    Last edited by Shindig; 05-12-2019 at 07:18 AM.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alisson, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Keita, Firmino, Mane, Salah, Gomez, Adrian, Henderson, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Lallana, Lonergan, Shaqiri, Brewster, Robertson, Origi, Jones, Alexander-Arnold, Elliott, Williams.
    So that's the squad we're taking to the World Club Championship thingamajig which really seriously begs the question as to what our line up is going to be against Villa because quite frankly, I can think of maybe three of that potential line up. Clear where our priority lies but it's a quarter final of a cup comp so I would have preferred a bit more experience. It looks like we're going to stick out the entire U23/18's for it and Villa aren't that bad tbf to the twats.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's the league cup, you're arguably the best side in the world at the moment and World Club Championship would be a nice addition.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Plus you don't get a chance to win that every year. No-brainer.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I was a liverpool fan I wouldn't give the slightest shit about the fa cup or even the champions league this season, let alone the league cup. Prem or bust.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “Digital platforms? I would say dustbins. Made up of noble grudges. Cheap indignation. A nice thought a day keeps the doctor away.
    “Armies of right-minded people flock to the web these days to die their beautiful souls white.
    “Having identified the racist on duty, go, two strokes on the keyboard… you feel yourself to be a better man in a better world.
    “White, black, yellow. Denying the difference is the typical obvious stumbling block of anti-racism racism.
    “Black Friday… was and is only the praise of difference, the pride of difference, the magnificent wealth of difference.
    “Transformed into poison by those who have the poison inside.”

It's you who is the racists...

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Club World Cup would be good for marketing purposes, but beyond that fuck the domestic cups off.

Pile everything into the league and Champions League.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    It's the league cup, you're arguably the best side in the world at the moment and World Club Championship would be a nice addition.
    No doubts it would be a nice addition. I just assumed we would leave 3/4 who at least have first team experience. Lallana, Shaq etc probably won't even be used over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Plus you don't get a chance to win that every year. No-brainer.
    This is true but then we've just had a good the piss taken out of us for nearly a decade for winning just one trophy so it would have been nice to take all competitions seriously as honestly, I reckon we'd have a chance in each and every one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    If I was a liverpool fan I wouldn't give the slightest shit about the fa cup or even the champions league this season, let alone the league cup. Prem or bust.
    The Premier League is obviously the one we want but we're a big club and big clubs should contest multiple honours. I expect our U23/18's to give Villa a game but given you then get the chance to face either Man United/Man City or Everton in a semi or final, it just feels a bit meh as those are the games you want. Watch Leicester win the thing now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think some of that Liverpool squad will play against Villa and then travel out for the second game (is there definitely a second game or do you need to win the first?).

Either that or b-team versus whoever in the world club thing and youth team and Adrian against Villa and rest the first XI.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our first game is the semi final but truth be told, I didn't think about a few flying out after the Villa game as we play the very next day.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently they need to be in Qatar 48 hours before the first match so that's a no-go.

It'll be word from up high that's made them send a real squad. Global fanbases couldn't give a fuck about the League Cup but there is great glory in defeating Al Sadd and whatever Mexican side is there this year.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    So that's the squad we're taking to the World Club Championship thingamajig which really seriously begs the question as to what our line up is going to be against Villa because quite frankly, I can think of maybe three of that potential line up. Clear where our priority lies but it's a quarter final of a cup comp so I would have preferred a bit more experience. It looks like we're going to stick out the entire U23/18's for it and Villa aren't that bad tbf to the twats.
    I'd have thought Brewster, Jones, Elliott and Williams at least would have played against Villa. I can't see them getting on the pitch in Qatar so it seems a waste to take them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll probably get a game in the semi against whichever goat herders they're playing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Apparently they need to be in Qatar 48 hours before the first match so that's a no-go.
    Shit.

League cup team: Kelleher, Hoever, Van Den Berg, ????, Larouci/Lewis, Chiravella, erm, after that I'm out. They're going to get butchered.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    They'll probably get a game in the semi against whichever goat herders they're playing.
    Likely to be Monterrey from Mexico. They are probably pretty decent. @Pepe ?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monterrey would finish bottom of their group in the European Champions League. Flamengo are probably about as good as Arsenal.

They'll probably play both games at 50% and it'll just end up being a week long training camp

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit.

League cup team: Kelleher, Hoever, Van Den Berg, ????, Larouci/Lewis, Chiravella, erm, after that I'm out. They're going to get butchered.
    Glatzel up top. Kane in the middle. Do we still have Clyne or is he injured, sold or dead?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's dead (knee).

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Likely to be Monterrey from Mexico. They are probably pretty decent. @Pepe ?
    They are no America, but I guess they're alright. Currently in the semifinals of the Mexican league.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear VVD is having sleepless nights at the thought of marking Vincent Janssen.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait to lose to a bunch of 12-year-old scousers.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's an Anfield we'll just have to rely on the crowd to suck a few balls in for us.

As expected, Silva has been sacked. Another interesting and quite startling fact, Evertons starting line up cost more than ours last night.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much do you think Grealish will set someone back if he goes? Is his contract solid enough for people to get their pants pulled down?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grealish strikes me as a Zaha. Great at a club like Villa, useless at a Top 6 club. Probably a good fit for Arsenal

Oh, perhaps 35m?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought he wasn’t up to much when he first came through but he’s led that club back from despair. He’s had a lot of responsibility put on him and come through it. I don’t see him as a 10 needing 2 assists every week. He’s just really good at keeping the ball moving through midfield. Can pop it off or drop a shoulder and beat a man.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John McGinn should go for double whatever he goes.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    £35M? Not a chance. Elmohamady says Grealish is the best he has ever played with and Salah is his international team mate so whatever Salah is worth now plus the inevitable English tax so I reckon you're looking at closer to £120M.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I thought he wasn’t up to much when he first came through but he’s led that club back from despair. He’s had a lot of responsibility put on him and come through it. I don’t see him as a 10 needing 2 assists every week. He’s just really good at keeping the ball moving through midfield. Can pop it off or drop a shoulder and beat a man.
    If he could add more goals to his game then he'd be an shoe in for the national squad, I reckon.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    £35M? Not a chance. Elmohamady says Grealish is the best he has ever played with and Salah is his international team mate so whatever Salah is worth now plus the inevitable English tax so I reckon you're looking at closer to £120M.
    Elmohamady has played at such talented hotbeds as Sunderland and Hull.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grealish was making noises about Liverpool the other day, in the context of the position he prefers to play in, so I eagerly await another installment of the "fuck you, pay me" saga.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He played under Steve Bruce at Sunderland.
    He played under Steve Bruce at Hull.
    He played under Steve Bruce at Villa.
    The same Steve Bruce who currently has Newcastle 11th if score remains the same.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grealish was making noises about Liverpool the other day, in the context of the position he prefers to play in, so I eagerly await another installment of the "fuck you, pay me" saga.
    He's not good enough for us at this moment in time and thankfully we're no longer dumb fucks who'll be held to ransom.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alan Shearer co-commentating on the Brighton game. And Amazon were doing so well.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lacazette has been fouled on all 3 corners so far.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why isn't Tierney playing? Surely he is fit by now?? Arsenal appear to have selected an actual proper midfield for once. 3-0, ahoy.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There can't have been many more erratic/rash back 4s than the Arsenal one tonight. Kolasinac, Luiz and Sokratis are all absolute bombscares. They're the only team I've seen who are worse at playing it out from the back than Brighton in terms of mental risk taking. All neat and tidy from Brighton but they do lack an attacking edge so could do with Arsenal chucking one in for them.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leno must have one the of the best save percentages. Arsenal give up a ridiculous amount of shots.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal would be better served replacing the squad than the next manager. This is grim stuff.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that was inevitable.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just an FYI, these last two games have been better than anything in months (excluding Europa/Carling Cup teams). That's how bad it's been.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s just not true though, is it?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In this age of VAR, you should play to the whistle on everything. EDIT: Unless the whistle went and they still gave it.

Whatever. I'll take owt.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The looping flick to the back post is kyrptonite for Ryan, he's just a bit diddy.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    That’s just not true though, is it?
    Yes it is. This team has been utterly anemic for a while now. Completely incapable of creating chances outside of individual brilliance. Now they're coming from the team playing. Do you not see the difference?

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always liked Arsenal as a club but by fuck they’ve gathered up one of the biggest assortments of hateful twats I’ve seen in a single team.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Always liked Arsenal as a club but by fuck they’ve gathered up one of the biggest assortments of hateful twats I’ve seen in a single team.
    Your mate Connolly, while very good, clearly has a bit of the dickhead about him.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Your mate Connolly, while very good, clearly has a bit of the dickhead about him.
    Bit of a headless chicken still but young enough to hopefully end up a decent player. Definite arsehole but I’ll forgive him for about 3 goals a qualifying campaign.