User Tag List

Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2020

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I should have bought Touch for the iPad. I’d went with Windows so I could get all the proper stuff in it, though lofty filled me in since (ooer). I just never have my laptop near me and turns out you can’t fix some of the stuff on it any more anyway (proper logos illegal, etc).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mugbull View Post
    The main problem is that almost nobody's computers are good enough to generate these faces in a reasonable amount of time (or at all, really, and same goes for that GAN algorithm posted before, or any neural network). The only way that FM could get this to work would be to buy a shitload of server space on AWS or something, constantly generate regen faces there, then upload them in batches somewhere where any game client could pull them from whenever regens are created. Which could work. The problem is, of course, that that would be very expensive for SI, and if you ever wanted your regens to age the game would have to reupload the faces somewhere, have them get sent through some related piece of software, and then download them again.

In short I doubt it will happen. But there's a lot of room for improvement for the current faces that don't require extraordinary computing power like this does
    There's a guy in that thread churning them out at 5 seconds a face on his dev machine - it'd take a few minutes at worst to generate them on a server cluster. The ageing could be done at the same time from the initial image in the background.

Think you're way overestimating how much computing power this needs.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    There's a guy in that thread churning them out at 5 seconds a face on his dev machine - it'd take a few minutes at worst to generate them on a server cluster. The ageing could be done at the same time from the initial image in the background.

Think you're way overestimating how much computing power this needs.
    I guess it depends on how often you want to update the list. If it’s once a day then yeah fair play.

The ageing would probably have to be done remotely, though

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could limit it to the top/loaded/playable leagues which would cut down a lot. Figured it'd just be on regen day (and it could do it in the background whilst you played).

Ageing increases the amount of images but again, you could do that remotely based off the initial seed image generated at 16 or whatever.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it’s 100% doable, it’s just that running GANs takes a lot of memory and AWS GPU clusters aren’t cheap. And SI are the last company I would expect to put any $ into innovation

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Greenland must have loved the Crazy Gang.

All of those were straight red cards too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inuit Timersoqatigiiffiat-79 2019/20 Season:

So the Greenland league system is five different leagues (based on region) of six teams that face each other four times. The winners of each regional league then play each other once to determine the overall champion of Greenland.

After about 8 games in our regional league 4 of the teams were in negative goal difference and the fifth wasn't far off it but sadly only three teams ended in the negative.

Pretty straightforward but annoying I couldn't win every game.

Here is the squad:

Corrales started on fire with 8 MOTM's in 9 games also scoring 4 hattricks or something stupid but he went off the boil for a long time after that.

We have qualified for the first qualifying round of the Champions League and usually I'd stick around for a Champions League run but considering the teams we'd likely face it would be an absolute bloodbath.

Sadly no coaching badge was attained as we really didn't have the money for that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lads, I've not grabbed my coat:

Here is the team:

And where we ended the season just gone:

They're clearly shit (although not as bad as Yalta, -81 GD with 2 points in a 28 game season is shocking) which is what appealed to me.

Edit: Oh and here is our best player who actually looks pretty good:

Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 30-06-2020 at 11:14 PM.

mischamischaracterisation Dquincy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright chaps, it's been a while.

I've really enjoyed reading people's updates on this thread. Keep it up.

Thought it was only right that i add my FM11 journeyman save which has been going for a few years (real time) now. Currently in the year 2058. After starting out unemployed I've had quite the journey and interestingly I've gone full circle having rejoined my first ever club. Currently trying to get Ayr United to the Scottish Premier from the bottom division. I've got them up to the First division so far, but the board will not change the club status to 'professional' which is hindering matters. I'm in a relegation dog fight at the moment.

Anyway, here are some summary screenshots of my career.

Last edited by Dquincy; 01-07-2020 at 08:50 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good effort that.

My Oldham save still suffering with bad form while trying to stay in the Championship, took Premiership Blackburn to an FA Cup replay losing to an 88th minute winner. My first ever cash signing, the million pound striker, made his full debut against Milwall, bagging two goals. Then tore his knee ligaments and is out for three months

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Turkey and Gillingham seem very odd choices.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quality work though, Quince.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing I like in deep games is small nations who get a little cluster of unexpectedly good regens or maybe even just one really good regen. I have picked up a Ugandan midfielder at Ferenc who is the dog's bollocks, would love them to get good on the back of him.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to think about the most random country to give me a world class regen in a FM game. Had a decent Bolivian once. Can’t really remember any other

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like when the nationalities go completely sideways. England has a very Spanish sounding playmaker and I remember buying a Scottish U21 international called Javier Fernandez. And all the refs in the Spanish game are known solely by English surnames like 'Readfearn' and 'Fazackerly'.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Such a strange position graph.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm more worried about that apostrophe.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What a name.

I'm guessing it's just a South American attempt at "Giuseppe".

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I realised that Joelinton is actually a botched attempt at 'Wellington' I learned many things about South America.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oldham relegated from the Championship having spent almost the entire season there. Couldn't turn enough draws into wins in the end, not helped by a lot of key players getting hit with big injuries but you could argue that was also my decision to rely on youth and not have a more experienced squad to mix and match.

Back into League 1, lost my captain Alex Iacovitti on a relegation clause right before the season started so scrambling to get a decent loanee in. Trying to play fairly realistically, so one keeper I brought through the youth system and another who I signed on a free from United both had offers in excess of a million made for them which I tried to negotiate up and then accepted (no way in real life would Oldham be turning those bids down) which has given me a little cash.

I am hoping to bounce straight back but must say sometimes the player database feels very light on touch which is a shame when trying to find new players.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Years of playing these knobheads in a series of dirgefests, each more thrilling than the last, and I still can't unpick the lock. How on earth do you play against a team that just never tries to attack?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shindig View Post
    I like when the nationalities go completely sideways. England has a very Spanish sounding playmaker and I remember buying a Scottish U21 international called Javier Fernandez. And all the refs in the Spanish game are known solely by English surnames like 'Readfearn' and 'Fazackerly'.

From Sittingbourne, where you can't cross the road without running into a Carvalho

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Turkey and Gillingham seem very odd choices.
    True that. Gills use to be a local'ish team for me. The place itself is a shit hole. And the Turks; I can't really remember why!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Quality work though, Quince.
    Thanks. I'll try to post the outcome of my relegation battle if I get time.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Edit: Oh and here is our best player who actually looks pretty good:

The lad is on fire.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does look shit hot for what I'd expect he's facing in the Crimean league.

I need to get on this shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Massive result that, especially as we suffered a bit of a dip in form due to injuries and suspensions.

They battered us earlier in the season after we went down to 10 men too.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Flattering place that, we stank it.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a future in which Burnely aren't 12th?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #MikeOut

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Job for life me

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What season are you in the Premier League now? Can you trouble the top half?
    Last edited by P_3; 02-07-2020 at 05:57 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was the second, and it’s taking ages, we got there too fast, the bench is still full of league one quality and half the first 11 are only championship quality. Basically the goals from an Italian regen called Nanni is the reason we have stayed up.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ferencvaros season 7. We won the league, but again it was like pulling teeth. We had a truly appalling start and Honved - the old communist army club who have spent the save to date veering between mediocrity and very real flirts with relegation - suddenly sorted themselves out and led. Then we won a load in a row and took the lead back at Christmas, only to completely collapse upon the February resumption and hand the initiative to Debrecen, who with young sharp-shooter Szalay are a slight force to be reckoned with now (by which I mean they only fill their pants three times a month rather than four). They duly collapsed and we 2-0'd our way to the title in wholly unconvincing fashion.

The Brazil 1970 formation - the 4-2-2-2 - is still going after 4 seasons but it may be on its last legs now. Ramic/Mazzonetto remains a potent force up front although Ramic is frustratingly inconsistent given his stats. Behind him, the usual pair is Josh Harrop and local hero Matyas Tajti, although there is now a sustained challenge there from Ugandan whizzkid Robert Semazi.

In midfield, the first choice pair is Fernando Gorriarán - Uruguayan schemer, a starter since day 1, and now capped by Hungary - and youngster Gergo Ihrig-Farkas, who I picked up from the second division early on, then had to sell to PSG for his release clause (losing a crucial year of development) and then bought him back a year later for a horribly inflated £20 million. I judged it worth paying to get 10+ years of a class Hungarian player with the 10 foreigner rule being what it is, and most players worth that don't want to join us anyway so I might as well lob the moolah at someone.

In defence, the wing backs are the key to the whole thing - they provide literally all the width that the team has in total. Right back for a long time now has been Chile's Miguel Gonzalez, who is perfectly in the sweet spot of being too good for the Hungarian league but not good enough to be tempted away. At left back we have Juan Manuel Leyton, from Argentina, who is also good. In the middle, long time veteran Blazic has now come to the end of the road and so the new pairing is another Argie, Mario Zunino, with Bosnian whippersnapper Nikola Lojo.

In goal... I had Denes Dibusz, local man, for years before picking up a really good one from the Ivory Coast. He quickly fell onto the PSG dinner plate (they hoover up literally anyone half decent and then never play them, killing their development), so I brought Dibusz back but he then starting chucking them in, and my other Hungarian got injured, so in came third choice man, ex-Huddersfield and ex-Plymouth freebie Mike Cooper, who immediately started saving everything and has set a new club record for clean sheets in a season. Marvellous.

Season 8 will involve Champions League group stage again, although thanks to my useless brethren the coefficient has fallen so we will have to qualify again in Season 9, should we keep the run of titles going.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transitioned to a 4-4-2 (I was playing a 4-3-3 with DM before) shortly after the first transfer window closed and it was going alright but my second striker was really more of a winger. Window opened and I found this guy:

Had his debut the day after coming in and he proceeds to score 4 goals. Him and Molodtsov are going to be a fearsome duo.

Edit: And he twists his ankle in his third game
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 02-07-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Halfway through 32/33

Three points worse off than the same point last year, but Chelsea are eight points behind theirs so This Is Our Year™

If I don't get past the CL first knockout stage now at the sixth attempt, have to concede I never will.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hearts v Cov in a Champions League knockout tie, what a time to be alive.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 games to go in my 2057/58 season. In a relegation fight having lost the last 4 games. My final 3 games are away to Falkirk (4th), home to Raith (1st) and away to Berwick (3rd). Current standings below.

Here it goes...final leagues games...

Result against Falkirk :

Toggle Spoiler

Result against Raith :

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally won the Bundesliga with St Pauli.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post

Flattering place that, we stank it.

Last edited by Mike; 03-07-2020 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two games left in the season and there is just 1 point in it.

We play Kafa (A) and Yevpatoria (H) and TSK-Tavria will play Yevpatoria (A) and Okean Kerch (H).

So the third placed side will likely decide who wins.

*Top 2 redacted to raise the tension.

They beat Yevpatoria 1-0 thanks to an 81st minute winner and we b eat Kafa 4-2 so it comes down to the last game. This is possibly the tightest season I've ever experienced it is fantastic.

Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 03-07-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gvardiets Gvardiyske 2020/21 Season:

So the final game. Here is what we managed to do:

Our main man missing two penalties (he had only missed 1 all season) during the match had me sweating bullets and I was on the edge of my seat.

What they did:

Okean going 2-0 up early was amazing, I had no idea what was going on but I was loving it. They managed to turn it around quickly though.

So no change at the top, but who was leading?

Toggle Spoiler

Cup:

We weren't expected to do much in the cup but it only contains the other 7 teams in the Premier League and it started in February when we were really hitting our stride.

Stats:

Also, despite missing two penalties in the final game we would not have done anything this season if it wasn't for Molodtsov:

37 goals in the league (at an average of 67.08 minutes per goal) was the real difference.

It's a shame the Crimean league isn't recognised by UEFA and thus no European football otherwise I think I'd have hung around and tried to win the Champions League with them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Us there a mechanism to get it recognised? The slots available change with league rep, don't they? Or can't you use the editor?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So having been relegated in my last update, I showed Bouncebackability Ian Holloway would be proud of and won the league (albeit on the final day when it could've been wrapped up earlier). That was my ambition anyway despite the board and the bookies tipping us for less. My best defender, Farrend Rawson refused to sign a new deal after relegation and was poached in the January window via his relegation clause. I also sold Harrison Male as my young back up GK as Anthony Lewendon looks a better choice.

My new Championship budget is £3.6m and a significantly higher wage budget than last time round. I have gambled massively on a soon to be out of co tract City youth winger who looks exceptional, choosing to lock him down now at the cost of £2.1m compensation than waiting to acquire him on a free and being out maneuvered by clubs with better resources. I had some good loan signings to get promoted who are all about to have their contracts expire, hoping I can sign them permanently and get some more decent loanees in to plug the gaps. Target is simply to avoid relegation.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still on FM Touch 17. This kid looks like the forward to end all forwards.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How smoothly does Touch run on Mac?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've no idea how the new exploit got past testers. Ridiculous. Miles of course has said it won't be fixed as that'd take effort.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm playing it on a Switch and it's fine. Imagine it'd be dandy on a Mac

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh eck.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been running Touch '17 on an early 2013 MacBook Pro since it was released and it runs absolutely flawlessly - 3,400+ hours and counting.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at that bug
    I'm a twit