User Tag List

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2020

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you mean? I think it's totally realistic that not only would I be managing Liverpool after just 10-odd seasons in management, but I would also win CL in my first season there.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Harry Redknapp is able to manage football clubs but requires his dog to do his banking. Let's not question reality.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My southport side were able to make it through their first season in the Championship in tact. Some big changes in the summer, having, for the first time, got an actual budget to improve with. Two central midfielders and a centre back already in. I need a striker so bad, but cheap (free) ones are just hard to find.

Sadly it means the end of fan favourite, Will Donkin, who just isn't up to this level anymore, so wasn't offered a new deal. We're in the process of getting a new stadium. Hopefully they name it after this absolute LAD.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I offer 32 million for a player, his team comes back with a negotiation for 38m, I offer 35m and they now want 60m. I offer 38m out of curiosity and they now want 65m. Top notch.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I offer 32 million for a player, his team comes back with a negotiation for 38m, I offer 35m and they now want 60m. I offer 38m out of curiosity and they now want 65m. Top notch.

That reeks of “well we tried to be reasonable but fuck you.”
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My scouts reckoned I would be able to get him with 15-27m as well.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s one of the things was always bullshit with it.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite thing is, you're managing say Barcelona, and you and Real are going for the same player. You offer him the same role but like double the money, but he still picks Real. And it even happens against clubs with lower reputation.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest issue with the game is that after 6 or 7 seasons, basically any decent players costs upwards of £70m. It's impossible to buy a finished article.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottom of championship with Bristol Rovers, Brentford are 15th just offered me a job with a 37m budget!

Shame to leave Bristol but can't really turn that down.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've gone from the Conference north to my second season in the Championship without spending a penny

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top effort that! Had a wobble taking over Brentford as the team weren't set up for my tactic, felt like I was hanging on for January a bit but now I'm unbeaten in 7 so turning it around a bit hopefully. Even put my B team out against 7th in the table and won 2-0!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went in to the last day of the season of my second year with Arsenal needing to better Man United's result by 4 goals...

Pretty satisfying way to get my first title with Arsenal (29/30 - spent a few years with Dulwich Hamlet, then 3 with Brighton, 2nd season at Arsenal), especially as it came about after being top for months and then giving it up with a collapse into a draw at Villa and 5-1 defeat against Liverpool in the penultimate fixture.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it supposed to be so easy? I took over my home town and rattled out a few seasons, we got promoted to the top flight, struggled for the first 2/3 seasons, made the group stages of the Europa Conference once which gave us some hefty funds, following season we went out early doors so I focused on stripping the division of it's good players or rather anyone who wasn't already with TNS. Next season we battered the division and qualified for Champions League for the first time. Straight to the group stages, finished 3rd, knocked someone out of the Europa then got knocked out ourselves.

I'm using DS's tactic with very few alterations but it seems a bit easy. Excusing an 11-0 defeat to Benfica that is.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's tactics that completely break the game, but even with a bog standard tactic it's quite easy.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I feel like some older versions you would be in real trouble if you didnt get your house in order quickly. This time it is more transfers etc that are a pain than winning games.

That said I really needed to win all of the five remaining games this season to steal a promotion place only to ship 3 goals in 10 mins against Swansea eventually finishing 5-1

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post

I'm using DS's tactic with very few alterations but it seems a bit easy. Excusing an 11-0 defeat to Benfica that is.
    That’ll be why, pretty sure he made his tactic to break the match engine. Try making your own? Doesn’t his have a silly formation and stuff you’d not see in real life? Sorry if that’s not the case, I’ve always made my own.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm using a game breaking tactic. Why am I winning all the time??

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair mine isn't game breaking, its just designed to completely forget defence and score as much as possible. You'll still get the odd very heavy defeat.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a video on Youtube where some guy modded the match engine and the players were doing all sorts of spastic shit. If that's possible - which I had no idea - it should be possible for all the FM communities to come out and make a realistic ME mod every year no? Difficult, but possible. I would totally buy the game if that happened

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started a new game as Buriram in the Thai league. Very enjoyable first season, winning the league and reaching the semi-final of the Asian CL. Star man is former Arsenal man Nacer Barazite, with Thai bothers Sarachat and Muenta also coming along nicely. I've been given a massive kitty of $5m... looking to bring in Tristan Do for $1m at right-back and probably save the rest until a decent right midfielder comes along.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    I started a new game as Buriram in the Thai league. Very enjoyable first season, winning the league and reaching the semi-final of the Asian CL. Star man is former Arsenal man Nacer Barazite, with Thai bothers Sarachat and Muenta also coming along nicely. I've been given a massive kitty of $5m... looking to bring in Tristan Do for $1m at right-back and probably save the rest until a decent right midfielder comes along.
    Tristan Do agreed a $3.5k-a-week deal. He is worth nowhere near that, but he's 26 and Thai - which means I can offload one foreigner spot and get rid of my current right-back, a Brazilian bloke (who was decent enough) called Vinicius. Both foreign forwards left the club (Bueno & Cuesta), so I have a massive gaping hole up front, with only Muenta as a recognized striker. I agreed a deal for a Brazilian lad for $4m, however, I bottled it - he would only sign a 2 year deal, which realistic means he'll be leaving on a free in 2 years - waste of money. Agreed a deal for North Korean striker Yu-song (Su-yung??), however, I bottled again, this time because his stats were all over the place; decent finishing and pace, but fuck all anything else. Probably malnourished, too. Also signed up German-Thai defender Manuel Bihr from Bangkok - $300k for a national team player, decent third choice CB, and another local player.
    Actually heading into the season with 2 or 3 foreigner spots to play with.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Currently managing Scotland and enjoying it to no end. The job began in the midst of qualification for Euro 2020 with the team lying in second place after four games. My debut would see us hold Belgium to a 0-0 slugfest, quickly followed by a narrow win over Kazakhstan. A trip to Cyprus the following month and we turned on the style running away with a 4-0 thrashing courtesy of Griffiths, McBurnie & Armstrong. 7 points from 3 games was ideal, far from ideal was the Russians donning Belgium and ourselves via a 92nd minute winner in Moscow. After squeaking past San Marino 1-0, yes San Marino, we still had hopes of securing automatic qualification knowing Russia played Belgium in game 10. Hazard & Co held up their end of the bargain winning 3-0 however, unable to score more than once in Kazakstan we missed out by one goal.

On to the playoffs were we drew Finland at Hamden Park. Possibly the worst 119 minutes of football ever played was put out of it's misery as Griffiths headed home from a corner to avoid the lottery of penalties. Next up was Norway and we charged out of the gates scoring 3 inside half an hour. The Scandis clawed back two of their own, but we held on and secured our place @ Euro 2020. Joyous.

Our opponents in Group D; Ukraine, Switzerland & England. Spicy stuff. We had a mare in the opening game losing comfortably to Ukraine 2-0. Next up was England, a game in which we had to secure points. Sitting deep and compact we frustrated the Lions all game, the plan was perfect and then Liam Palmer booted one into his net with minutes to spare. Disaster. With the top two decided the pressure was well and truly off in the final game, and it certainly showed as we donned the Swiss 3-0, the third of which was a wonder strike from McGinn. Our showing in the final game proved vital as the three points saw us qualify via one of the final four best loser spots. History made. The second round threw up a familiar foe in the form of Belgium, we had held them before and we did so again. With Italy waiting in the quarter final, the game would be decided on penalties. We missed 3 from 4 and that was that.

The first Scottish team to progress from the group stage in a major tournament:

Allan McGregor
    Palmer
    Hanley
    Hyam
    Cooper
    Robertson (c)
    Jack
    McCrorie
    Callum McGregor
    Christie
    Griffiths

Honorable mentions to McGinn, McBurnie, Armstrong, & Phillips.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love national management on FM. Such an underrated way to play the game. Holiday through the fallow months, make a cup of tea, water the geraniums, and then come back to find two gun regens before inching past Macedonia with a last minute goal. Nothing like it.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my favourite games was starting as Bermuda and then onto any tiny shitty nations that would take me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is making me want to load up a China international save because why not.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m the Holland U21 manager on my safe. I love having a second job like that’s, just because I like getting all the languages.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Touch is alright but I have foolishly joined a group on facebook where everyone is posting pics of tidy looking custom skins, logos and some really good newgen profile pictures etc which makes me lament the limitations of Touch more, especially the 3 nations game limit.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the paid for regen faces if anyone wants 'em. They're a million times better. Heffen is best skin, on FMScout.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Link me up

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleb View Post
    This is making me want to load up a China international save because why not.
    Our squad is fucking shite.

Naturally shagged the East Asian Cup because my main focus is primary not fucking up the World Cup qualifiers and having a go at the ANC.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    I have the paid for regen faces if anyone wants 'em. They're a million times better. Heffen is best skin, on FMScout.
    Yes please, sir.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forwarded mate.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll have that please good sir.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do the regens come through with new faces or are you just assigning fancier cgi faces to the players you like?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Do the regens come through with new faces or are you just assigning fancier cgi faces to the players you like?
    The latter

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better for long term saves, so they don't look like sex offenders

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember if I posted this before but SI should use tech similar to https://thispersondoesnotexist.com to generate regen faces. They could even age them. Would be phenomenal.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Better for long term saves, so they don't look like sex offenders
    My world beating, now 21 year old Regen has a sick moustache, thanks!

Yea chuck us the link cheers love x

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do tomorrow when back on PC

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like how the star rating has been more fluid in the latest versions, but as with virtually everything SI does, it's too fucking wild. I have had a player go from 4.5 stars to 2.5 stars and then back to 4 within the space of 6 months, while his performances have been consistent and his stats have barely changed (and it's not even the first time).

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm livid. I just won the league title with FC Juniors of Austria after three seasons as I was attempting to do a YDWAWK save...

FC Juniors are fucking ineligible for promotion.

Anyone have any decent suggestion for a European club in a lower backward league that's got a decent set up for a similar save? So gutted.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, while I'm addressing my complaints, why is it so hard to sell unwanted players for a reasonable price? And I am not talking the average players, but 4-4.5 star players that just don't fit my tactics.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    I'm livid. I just won the league title with FC Juniors of Austria after three seasons as I was attempting to do a YDWAWK save...

FC Juniors are fucking ineligible for promotion.

Anyone have any decent suggestion for a European club in a lower backward league that's got a decent set up for a similar save? So gutted.
    Look no further than Altinordu F.K..

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    I like how the star rating has been more fluid in the latest versions, but as with virtually everything SI does, it's too fucking wild. I have had a player go from 4.5 stars to 2.5 stars and then back to 4 within the space of 6 months, while his performances have been consistent and his stats have barely changed (and it's not even the first time).
    Remember that stars are indicative of a players ability against the other players in your team. So if you have a 3.5 CA player, but then you sign a couple of superstars, his rating will reduce to 2.5-3.0 stars. That said, cant say if seen it go up and down so quickly as you mentioned.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Question for people playing the last couple of versions: do you need the keyboard at any point to play? I really can't remember, I'm up for a game but I'd quite like to play it with a remote mouse on my TV, because fuck hunching over a hot whirring laptop for that long.

Player search is the only thing that comes to mind from 18 backwards, but I'm sure I can live without that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post
    Remember that stars are indicative of a players ability against the other players in your team. So if you have a 3.5 CA player, but then you sign a couple of superstars, his rating will reduce to 2.5-3.0 stars. That said, cant say if seen it go up and down so quickly as you mentioned.
    It's also indicative of how likely they are to reach their potential. A player may have 3 stars for potential in the youth team, but if an injury crisis hits and he gets promoted to first choice right back, then it could easily change to 5 stars within a couple of months.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Question for people playing the last couple of versions: do you need the keyboard at any point to play? I really can't remember, I'm up for a game but I'd quite like to play it with a remote mouse on my TV, because fuck hunching over a hot whirring laptop for that long.

Player search is the only thing that comes to mind from 18 backwards, but I'm sure I can live without that.
    As you say, only if you want to search for a player, club, country or competition by name, but you can navigate to them via other means.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Look no further than Altinordu F.K..
    That's the one. I've taken it on. (Y) Cheers.

Will they work for FM Touch? If so then I'll have 'em. I can't figure out how to fix the logo's on FMT either.