27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s a bug, nobody in Hungary would ever come out

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That reads like he's off to Newcastle to experience a new scene.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I am gay. I have to go, now." <ascends to the inclusive, progressive city of Newcastle>

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He went to PSG for a year before I bought him back, he must have picked it up there.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does nothing. Miles just wanted to show everyone he's progressive.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think I've ever scored that many in a half before.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our 7th straight title finally secure (my playing time has been severely impacted by the return of the cricket season). This was a lot harder and a lot shitter than the final appearance of the table may suggest, though it is I think the first time I can ever remember having an unbeaten league season on FM. After 22 games, we were two points behind Diosgyor, but as many of our title rivals have done over the winning span, they not only shat the bed but shat an entire Dreams warehouse as soon as they could sniff a run at us.

The most entertaining game was the last one, in which we went to Honved in a dead game other than the fact we wanted to complete the unbeaten season. We chose this time to give our worst performance of the season, having I think 4 shots all game, and Honved got a penalty in the 77th minute but my buddy Mike Cooper saved it. 0-0 a fitting way to clinch it in a league that is full of them.

Unfortunately my hero Mazzonetto had a diabolical season this time, which led me to change the formation halfway through to play 4-2-3-1 with Serbian hotshot Ramic on his own up top. This led to him breaking the league scoring record with 24 goals and has gone past 100 for the club. The team now has a very English spine to it - goalkeeper Cooper, centre half Ajibola Alese who came from Middlesbrough, schemer Taylor Richards formerly of Man City (via 100 loan clubs) and club legend Josh Harrop still doing it at 31.

Europe was less of a success this year, and the Hungarian coefficient has really collapsed as the others have been starved of easy opponents as they have to enter in later rounds - we are really victims of our success. In the CL we drew back-to-back champions Man Utd, Napoli, and Viktoria Plzen. The latter were shite but the former two were just too good for us, especially United who are at the forefront of English football completely dominating Europe. We came third on 7 points and went through to face Valencia in the Europa League, which was about the hardest draw we could have had and they shat on us.

Aims for next year, win an eighth and do something in Europe, but I'm really not sure how. I need to work out how to play better away from home in Europe.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw a pride flag in the stand in my last match away at Bristol City. Since the relegation I thought I had a really good summer, got in some really good players but struggle to offload surplus ones and I have way too many strikers and midfielders on the books. This has been compounded by my expected rebound to the Premier League being derailed and having been on my fourth tactical switch of the season before Christmas before finding form. Having an odd situation where one of my new players looks good but doesn't appear to be miles better than any of my other strikers, yet LOSC just came in with a £14m bid for him (I accepted since I signed him on a free and he rejected their offer ).

Promotion is going to be a struggle this season I think, could be another rebuild job but think I need to start upgrading my defence and goalkeeper rather than assuming they're good enough when results suggest otherwise.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What teams are knocking about in the Championship?

Top tier league effort, Jim. Don't think I've ever managed an invincible season.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Jesus, laugh a minute in that group.

Georgia have become quite good on my save, or at least good enough that they come regularly 3rd in groups rather than 5th and make the Euros each time via the Nations League shit-off route. Maybe they have some players coming on.
    Zivzivadze leading the charge?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 104th minute header from my day one Kalidou Sidibe takes us through to the Coupe de France semi final. Bordeaux, Lens & Nantes remain. This is it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Robbie Keane.

Here is Parrott's form since I took over:

Just a bit good.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck off.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    What teams are knocking about in the Championship?

Top tier league effort, Jim. Don't think I've ever managed an invincible season.
    To be honest it is the usual suspects.
    This season just finished, 2030, Villa champs, Burnley 2nd, Reading, Middlesbrough, Derby, Palace in the play offs. Plymouth, Hull and QPR relegated. So a couple of current PL teams there but not anyone unexpected.

Recovered my shite start to finish 10th, 5 points shy of the play offs. Not ideal but thankfully the board only required a mid table finish. They've given me a £50m transfer kitty to play with, the biggest I ever had. Need to avoid spunking it on everyone with nice stats and potential like I did in my PL season instead of focusing on upgrading key positions.

Great achievement Jim, whenever I have thought it possible my teams usually shit the bed in a routine match and spoil it.

Those Parrott stats are filth, Mahow.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah forgot to say, FM first for me this season: after a 5-0 bumming from Burnley my players refunded the ticket cost to the fans

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't even vote.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toronto FC & Ireland 2026/27 Season Update:

Transfers out:

Big one there is Almiron who left for £10m and 50% next sale. Also got rid of Gallardo who was my backup MRL for a decent chunk.

Transfers In:

No screenshot of Cortes, Lee, Tolic or Honkanen as they're all crap backups, but here are the rest:

The reason I sold Almiron. £850k was a steal.

Originally bought to provide backup but he was my starter nearer the end of the season.

I had no right back at one point as they all left so I panicked a bit and picked up three for peanuts.

Signed him on a pre-contract and West Ham agreed to sell him to us early for £190k.

The second of my RB panic buys.

The final and most polished one. Wasn't looking for another at this stage but LA Galaxy cut him in their first squad selection and I scooped him out.

Had money to burn in the Summer so I spent a chunk on this guy who fits into my team really well.

League:

Pretty standard, we had a weird run in the second half of the season where we looked really shit and struggled to put games away. We just couldn't take our chances and our opponents were always managing some shitty goals.

Domestic cups:

Speaking of playing like shit and struggling to put games away, we were punished for that in the Lamar Hunt Cup. 17 shots on target compared to Chicago's 5. Annoyingly we lost because one of the subs I brought on missed. Our second team went further than us.

Champions League:

Thought we'd cruise to victory but the game just did not want us to beat Guadalajara who went on to win the trophy. It felt like we could have played them for weeks and not scored, the finishing on show from us was horrific. It also didn't help that I had sold most of my players at that stage and not replaced them so we were really lacking numbers for the competition. I was hoping that we could register more after the first round but that was not the case.

Squad:

Pretty happy with the team but it's annoying how restrictive the league is, we have so much money that I want to piss away but I can't.

Ireland:

Absolutely pissed it although Parrott went off the boil for 2 matches after I posted his ludicrous stats. We were only one of two teams to win all games in their group which was nice. Second was England who scored 70 fucking goals and only conceded 1 in 10 matches.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top effort that, absolutely smashed the group. Any reason England are so dominant? You make me feel like I should give an MLS save a go at some point.

Found this guy while scouting, oddest attributes I've ever seen:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their group was piss easy (Russia, Slovenia, North Macedonia, Faroe Islands and Liechtenstein) and Roberto Martinez (lol) has got them firing.

This chap went batshit in qualifying:

14 goals in 10 games but he only managed 2 in his previous 23 so it came from nowhere. Greenwood had 10, Rashford and 'Dele' had 9.

51 of their 69 goals came against the Faroes and Liechtenstein.

In other news Beijing Guoan made a £57m offer for my LB:

Really considered it as the offer is MASSIVE (also included 30% of profit) but ultimately rejected as there are only two other LB's interested in the team that I like more but they'd cost around £80m and ask for more in wages.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those physcials.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both powerhouses, the English guy looks quality. Are you not worried your man will upset the applecart since you keep rejecting moves for him?

Deportivo relegated to the Spanish third tier, that's an FM21 save ready for November.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Getting out of Segunda B is like trying to find your way out of a complex cave system while blindfolded.

After the 48 team '26 World Cup - CANADA USA MEXICO - won by Holland - I applied for loads of national jobs and got five offers. I took Wales. They have a fucking dynamite front four (three of them young regens, plus Woodburn) and we're going to rule the world.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Small national jobs are the best. Do clubs react badly to you applying for national jobs while managing at club level? 10 years in to a 30 year save (max length on Touch) fancy going for one, was briefly touted for the England job at one point.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a peep from the board, although in fairness I just bullied them into expanding the stadium, such is my alpha male dominance over the cream of Budapest's footballing fat cats, so they weren't going to cry about me taking a few weekend trips to Merthyr Tydfil.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Both powerhouses, the English guy looks quality. Are you not worried your man will upset the applecart since you keep rejecting moves for him?

Deportivo relegated to the Spanish third tier, that's an FM21 save ready for November.
    He's already upset as is one of my strikers. I'm not bothered.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Small national jobs are the best. Do clubs react badly to you applying for national jobs while managing at club level? 10 years in to a 30 year save (max length on Touch) fancy going for one, was briefly touted for the England job at one point.
    When I was at Alianza Lima I applied for a few and they kicked up a fuss. I told them they wouldn't be able to replace me with someone better and they shut up.

In the interview for Toronto they did bring up my international applications whilst at a club as a negative.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early days in my 5th season with Slough, and I just received the news item that Lucas Biglia has been sacked from Stevenage after a poor start to the National League season.

League 2 has some crackers - Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink is back and in charge at Swindon, Plymouth have gone progressive and have Emma Hayes as manager, whilst a certain Loic Remy is up in Blackpool in his first managerial job.
    Last edited by thommo; 22-07-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Must have seen the tower and thought he was home.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My biggest challenger in 2033/34 is Everton who've gone from flirting with relegation to title contenders in an instant by hiring Billy Sharp as manager.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My favourite opposing boss at the moment is good old Zoltan Gera, who started off on my backroom staff, was hired as manager by Vidi, sacked within three months, and has since cycled through Ujpest, Honved and Kisvarda (sacked within a year each time), and now at Mezokovesd, whom he duly took down and is now at the foot of the division below and back to Precarious Island for the fifth time.

All the while he consistently refuses my offers to come back between sackings (he's a Ferencvaros 'Icon' which are presumably handy to have around) because there isn't a prestigious enough job available for him. Mate, know when you're beaten.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy with that.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice.

Last game of the season, I am on 94 points and Brighton top with 96. 91st minute winner

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That group was for the Euros. This monstrosity is for the Nations League:

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toronto FC:

I could stay for another 3 months but I don't care, I'm leaving.

Here are the transfers I made this season btw:

£775k. I wanted a good backup striker and I had traded for a lot more international slots so picked this guy up and he was perfect in his backup role.

Only £135k. He didn't get many opportunities but I do think he could be something good in the future.

Squad:

This was a great team but it annoyed me having so many restrictions despite having so much money.

Shouldn't have any problems getting any job I want in Africa, Asia or Oceania which is where I'll be heading next.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Korea it is.

Here is the squad:

Youth prospect:

Key player:

League table:

Transfer budget is £2.1m and we have £16k p/w available in wages. The team has been very up and down in previous seasons. They won the league a couple of seasons ago but finished 7th last year and it seems they finish high one year and they drop the next.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure Suwon has one of the best academies in the game which is a bonus.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee Ki-Bong
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Euro 2028:

Team just never really got going, we did beat Denmark and France (lol) but we were pretty shit. Parrott managed a hattrick against Denmark but was silent against everyone else.

Our CM's were also horseshit.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Euro 2028:

Team just never really got going, we did beat Denmark and France (lol) but we were pretty shit. Parrott managed a hattrick against Denmark but was silent against everyone else.

Our CM's were also horseshit.
    What's the starting team now? Anyone like Molumby, O'Shea, or Obafemi knocking around?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O'Shea is long gone. Obafemi comes off the bench (I start Parrott and Connolly) and Molumby was meant to be here but I didn't realise he wasn't in the squad when I confirmed it which is a real shitter as he'd have made a huge difference.

Here's the squad I used:

A lot of regens in there but my main men were Parrott, Smallbone and Connell.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers. I was wondering if Smallbone and Connell would end up Irish and if Bazunu would still be knocking about too.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did ponder a ROI career after my Scotland adventure. Seems impossible to convince either Grealish or Maddison to take the plunge.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ones that look interesting to me (at least on 19 with English leagues loaded) are some of the Caribbean islands, Barbados have got a cracking little regen team together.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    I did ponder a ROI career after my Scotland adventure. Seems impossible to convince either Grealish or Maddison to take the plunge.
    There are so many regens knocking about that would be great who constantly rejected switching.

There was also a chap who was 27/28 (real player, can't remember his name) who had recently moved to the MLS who was refusing to switch in case England ever came calling.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be leaving Bottom Ireland but struggling to decide where to go.

Due to them being in the Olympics which starts in a few days.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 22-07-2020 at 05:07 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to let everyone know - Loic Remy has been sacked in mid-September at Blackpool with them sitting in 23rd in League 2. Might see if he fancies an assistant manager job at Slough.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2028 Olympics:

Annoyed we couldn't beat USA but this set up a final with the dopers, Russia:

Should have beaten them by more but I'll take the gold medal, it's damn true.

Squad was already picked before I accepted the job which is a shame as there are some great youngsters the AI didn't pick. Was nice to use Helinho (loan at Alianza Lima) and Leiria (Hermanos and Alianza) though and they'll be in the main squad.

The list now stands at:

Club competitions:

FIFA Club World Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    UEFA Conference League
    UEFA Super Cup
    African Champions League
    Copa Libertadores
    O-League (Oceanic Champions League)
    Asian Champions League
    North American Champions League

International competitions:

FIFA World Cup
    Olympics
    UEFA European Championship
    Nations Leaue
    African Cup of Nations
    Copa America
    Oceanic Nations Cup
    Asian Nations Cup
    North American Gold Cup

Good chance of taking the Asian Champions League with Suwon and the World Cup along with the Copa America with Brazil.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoying your save. It’s crazy how fast you get through.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Wales are in a Nations League group with Holland and Scotland. Started by scorching the latter 5-0, before returning to Ferencvaros and losing 2-0 at home to bottom placed Györ to end our 41 match unbeaten run. FM really is a marvellous game.

I've gone back to having wingers this season, after a six year break, and it really has been tremendous, albeit they seem to spend a lot of time flicking on long balls, as if we've somehow morphed into Egil Olsen's Norway side from the 1990s. I spunked £17 million on Jack Clarke and swept up the best wingers from the other Hungarian teams to do the rest. The tactic works great with Wales, though, as we have a magical front four - Harry Wilson on the left, and a brilliant Man City regen called Nathan Lawless on the right, who just donned Scotland senseless. There's also an amazing AMC regen with 18+ for almost every physical stat. What this save has done very well is produce top regens with proper Welsh names, like Alan Powell, Gethin Jones and Sion Rees.