User Tag List

Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Football Manager 2020

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never delved into personalities too much apart from staff members, but the first player I looked at joined me from Roma and his personality type is 'unambitious' so story checks out. Couple of perfectionists in the squad who are actually my proper world class stars too

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I checked a few last night (never normally notice it) and my right back is 'Jovial'. What would that do, keep other people's morale higher?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly means they're good for morale but not as disciplined/determined as other players with more serious personality types? Think of the EPL's leading twitter clowns.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You’ve got Benjamin Mendy.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allianza Lima 2024/25 Season:

Closing league table:

Champions play-off:

Copa Bicentenario:

Libertadores:

The second leg against Libertad and Palmeiras were the highlights and it set us up for my second final in a row.

it went better this time round.

Squad stats:

Kind of disappointed as my time here is done as I really like this team a lot.

I found a post the other day on the official forums from 2016 about the Tetradecagon challenge however, I know that at least 2 competitions have been added the International tournament Nations League and the club competition UEFA Conference League. The challenge also doesn't include the UEFA Super Cup and the Olympics so I'm officially on the Octadecagon challenge..

Club competitions:

FIFA Club World Cup
    UEFA Champions League
    UEFA Conference League
    UEFA Super Cup
    African Champions League
    Copa Libertadores
    O-League (Oceanic Champions League)
    Asian Champions League
    North American Champions League

International competitions:

FIFA World Cup
    Olympics
    UEFA European Championship
    Nations Leaue
    African Cup of Nations
    Copa America
    Oceanic Nations Cup
    Asian Nations Cup
    North American Gold Cup

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gone to Bottom Ireland to lead Troy Parrott to the promised land.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite the change of pace. What's your reputation within the game?

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This season's started poorly. I think I'm done. Left it to the Assistant and we're relegation candidates. Supporter protests and all that jazz. Resigned. I don't have it in me.

It's entirely Barbero's fault. Took all last season moaning about his value, signed the new deal and then fucking stank the place up. Saviola hasn't signed a new deal. This looks like his last dance as well. It also appears the game is killing itself.

A 17 year old Spanish regen is playing for Calgliari and also managing Wales. He has no non-playing attributes whatsoever. He is listed in the General Info tab as 'Player'.

I spoke too soon about Sav. One more year. I'm convinced he will never stop.
    Last edited by Shindig; 14-07-2020 at 07:26 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was an old glitch in 01/02 where players wouldnt retire. I remember someone showing Gary McAllister still on a free transfer at age 80 or summat.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, player / coaches or scouts run and run. I've retired now. I came back for the Brighton job because they appeared to have an 18 year old Zlatan but I was super-keepered to death.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pissed the league, back to back promotions. Three games left to break 100 points. Got a feeling this squad is the kind who are too good for this league but will be found out when we step up though. A lot of decisions to be made on reliable stalwarts who just might not be good enough to step up, especially since a few are out of contract before next season.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manc View Post
    Quite the change of pace. What's your reputation within the game?
    3.5/Good.

I've been out all day but I will be looking for a club team too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And the club team has been found.

Bottom Ireland and Top North America.

Edit: Squad:

Old as fuck. Seeing Ola John still playing in 2026 is pretty fucking shocking.

Key Player:

Hot prospect:

I've never really managed in America due to the salary cap and all the weird rules so this is going to be tough.

Edit: Trying to digest the MLS rules at half one is pretty fucking hard tbh.

Edit: Waivers are nuts.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 15-07-2020 at 12:52 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting mix of jobs there, be fun deep diving in it especially when you haven't done MLS before. I am doing a mega summer trying to maximise my returns on my budget, annoyingly found some amazing youth prospects abroad who are probably going to fail the work permit.

In comedy news Unai Emery is England manager and Mamadou Sakho is Plymouth boss

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really fun having half your team at the World Cup and still having to play league matches but having no salary cap to bring anyone in despite having a nice transfer and wage budget left.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you only have a small squad? I try and have a big enough squad, mainly comprised of youngsters too good to loan out playing back up and play a A team 3 matches then a B team the next 2, ensuring no-one gets the hump about their lack of minutes.

I was a bit concerned I had broken the game with my big sam impersonation last season having swept all before me. That fear was swiftly allayed in the premier league season. Five matches in I've won one, drawn one, lost 3. Including a 7-0 thrashing by Chelsea. My tactic of bringing in an ancient Thiago Silva and 32 year old Harry Winks seems to have been a bad idea.

Seen Classic Football Shirts are selling Oldham home and away shirts in my size dirt cheap, could be a step too far to use as pyjamas while playing my save though

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's incredibly small.

Problem is that we had some fairly hefty wages being spent on crap, unusable players and I did not realise that their contracts became guaranteed after the first registration date. I'm just slightly over the cap right now (I waived someone and it said that the board had paid out so they didn't count against the cap, yet their number counts against the cap...) so I can't make any moves.

My problem was just hitting continue in my sleep deprived state instead of leaving it and coming back after I had slept so I could understand the rules.

I have a DP slot remaining (as I sold a player taking it up) and their cap number will be the minimum rather than 0, right?

Can't even buy some cap room right now as everyone's is greyed out despite having a bit of money in the "GAM".
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 15-07-2020 at 10:17 PM.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Seen Classic Football Shirts are selling Oldham home and away shirts in my size dirt cheap, could be a step too far to use as pyjamas while playing my save though
    I've been keeping one eye on ebay for a reasonably priced SM Caen kit.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am an avid scarf collector and really need to get hold of a Ferencvaros one now.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have any half and half ones?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He ONLY has half and half ones.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I start with proper ones, but I cut them up and sew them together to create my own half-and-halves.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You lot have enabled my poor spending decisions, order arriving tomorrow

Really want one of those Pescara charity shirts too, and fancy doing a save with them maybe after this. Funnily enough my best man's uncle was apparently something of a club legend for Pescara, the highlight of his career being victory over a Juventus side featuring Igor Tudor and Michel Platini. He was offered moves to Villa and Chelsea but his wife wasn't having it.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Igor Tudor and Michel Platini's Juve careers were 11 years apart. Are you sure you aren't in the midst of a web of mafia lies?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or misremembering but he definitely played for them and then went coaching some Serie C outfit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, season 4 with Slough Town is in the books and our first foray into the National League was entertaining to say the least. Our 46 league games saw 155 goals scored, with our attack looking potent and defence looking leaky in equal measure. Overall though, a 13th place finish with no threat of relegation whatsoever was a massive success, especially considering our minimal wage budget and semi-professional status.

Our cup runs saw us total 57 games in the season, and in particular, February, March and April were very congested. We really spread the goals around the team too, with no player scoring over 11. Paul Ryan came in on loan from Notts County for the final few months as we were really lacking a quality striker and he has already agreed to stay on loan for the whole of season 5 too.

Other than a disappointing end to the season, I'm happy with how we managed. There were some great results throughout the season, including the opening day win over Stockport, and the away win at York to end their ridiculous unbeaten streak. But we leaked goals throughout and the defence was definitely the first priority when it came to upgraded for the next season.

Toni Stahl, the goalkeeper, was solid despite conceding so many. He managed an average rating a smidge under 7 and he's keeping the number 1 jersey. However, I've already made 3 defensive signings, including breaking the bank to bring in an 18 year old centre-back from Spurs, who is now our highest earner on a whopping £750pw.

Notable mentions go to Dennis Ball, who scored a number of great free-kicks and impressed so much I've already signed him up for 2 more seasons, Max Makaka, who coped with the step up to Tier 5 very well and kept his first-team position as the holding central midfielder, and Carl Winchester, capped once for Northern Ireland and rated awfully by my coaches and scouts, yet ended up with the highest average rating for the season as our playmaker.

I'm aiming for a top half finish this time around, as our reputation is still the lowest in the league and it is a real struggle to sign players befitting the division. Slow and steady progress is the plan.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been picked to manage the All-Stars game against Spurs.

I've just seen that it's kicking off 30 minutes before a cup game of mine and the All-Stars team has 5 of my players including all 3 of my strikers. Fun.

Edit: Also, no LB was selected so I need to play a LM there instead.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MLS looks a right laugh.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Just found this guy:

I want to manage him at some point during this save.

Bayern signed him for £46.5m in the 2023/24 season and Man United are now actively pursing him. He's incredible.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ten games left to avoid relegation and it doesnt look pretty. Having an annoying run where if it gets to the last few minutes at 0-0 you can guarantee they're going to score a 45 yard screamer.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Minor proud moment. Some achievement that, I reckon.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toronto FC & Ireland 2025/26 Season Update:

Transfers:

Signed on a free and was one of my best attacking options. He was also named USA's second best player this season behind Pulisic.

I paid £5.5m for him which was maybe a little too much but River Plate weren't letting him go for less than his release clause.

At this stage I wanted to make more moves as the squad was still really barren but we were fucked for cap. However, around August £24k from a waived player (he was waived before I got here) no longer counted against the cap and I was able to spend.

We also had a DP slot available (I had sold Iddrisu Babu to Huddersfield) and we needed defenders so in came a man I used in my first season at Alianza Lima. His fee at £6m was a little hefty but he's exactly what I needed.

Our left back situation wasn't great and I found this chap for a measly £425 and cap friendly wages. Helped that he was better than our current option and performed very well.

League:

We did well but most of our wobbles during the season were because we were either fucked with injuries or because of internationals. The month of June (Sounders beating us 3-1 to the 1-1 draw with DC) was horrible.

We also won the Supporters Shield as we had the best record over both conferences.

Playoffs:

Kiko picked up a yellow in the 1st minute and then a second yellow in the 17th and we struggled so much from there. We should have won but were just missing the spark that he provided.

Cups:

No problems at all there and they secure us a place in the Concacaf Champions League in a few months.

Squad:

It's really small and there are players I want to get rid of (Auro, Arango, Jara and Gallardo). We currently have £21k in cap space along with £550k in General Allocation Money so should be able to make a few moves, especially when they've gone.

Ireland:

No fucking clue what happened in Switzerland but despite that all good largely thanks to:

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1:37 AM.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is DP (in the MLS)?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Designated player (they don't fall under the salary cap).

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good signing that Kiko.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saison 2030-31

Prior to the summer madness Anthony Martial arrived in the winter window for a fee of £600k from Sevilla. Despite being 34 he still has great ability with the ball at his feet and his finishing isn't lacking as he bagged four goals from the bench. He'll retire at the end of the season, but will still be called upon to do bits in the absence of Dembele. Moving to the summer and as ever I delved into the bosman market with varying degrees of success. Hitting the ground running (literally) was Allan Saint-Maximin who has refreshed our attack to no end with 9 goals to his name. His pace and directness in tandem with Adama Traore is frightening and as a result we have scored some ruthless counter attacking goals. His performances have earned him a one year contract extension. On the other end of the scale is Nicolas Pepe who arrived from Manchester United. The Ivorian has absolutely bombed and will be released come the end of the season. With the average age of the squad teetering around 30 I decided to splash £50m on three 16 years olds, two from Reims & another from Monaco. They'll go straight into a reserve team bustling with African talents.

Absent from previous updates was the news of our new stadium. We've gone from a 20,000 capacity to 30,000 which has done wonders for our revenue. Sadly it was not named in my honour and remains the Stade Michel d'Ornano.

Ligue 1

Our ability to move the ball up the field with extreme pace has given us a different edge this season. A surprising 2-0 defeat in Bordeaux on matchday three was followed by thirteen games without defeat. Within that run we enjoyed victories over Monaco, PSG & current holders Lyon. After 19 games we've accumulated a monstrous 43 points, unfortunately for us both PSG & Lille are keeping pace. I can't imagine for one second we'll keep up this level of performance, but it's lovely to watch.

L'Europe

Barcelona, Juventus & Fenerbahce. Six points from the Turks, one from Barca and three from the Italians wasn't enough as we crashed out with ten points. Our European adventure continues as we face Milan in the Europa league knockout stage. With Chelsea & Inter the only real big names left in the draw, this presents a great opportunity for this decrepit dressing room to grab some silverware.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice achievement Smiff. My board keeps pumping money into my youth facilities but still had no-one good emerge yet.

How good is Parrott in your save Mahow?

Relegated, predictably. Went 18 games without winning and at one point 7 without scoring

Kept my job, going down with £14m to spend. Headscratcher though is Oldham have decided to expand the stadium and whilst this happens are groundsharing with... Sheffield United.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll be sure to pack a coat this time

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, laugh a minute in that group.

Georgia have become quite good on my save, or at least good enough that they come regularly 3rd in groups rather than 5th and make the Euros each time via the Nations League shit-off route. Maybe they have some players coming on.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ninth round in the French Cup and we face an away trip to AS Magenta. Just a casual 20,000 mile round trip.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Jesus, laugh a minute in that group.

Georgia have become quite good on my save, or at least good enough that they come regularly 3rd in groups rather than 5th and make the Euros each time via the Nations League shit-off route. Maybe they have some players coming on.
    They actually managed to qualify for Euro 2020 on my save by beating Belarus and North Macedonia.

At the Euros they actually beat Netherlands 2-1, drew with the French 1-1 and lost to Austria 1-0 in the groups. They qualified in second (ahead of the Dutch but below the French) but lost to Wales 3-0 in the second round.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had my first draft and it's amazing how shit every player was.

We had the first pick as the previous manager made some moves and this is who I selected:

The rest were all assistant manager picks (because they were all so shit) and I only signed 1 of them to a contract as he can play in a few positions).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    Good signing that Kiko.

Do Kiko's look good in Liverpool red?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm somehow missing 10k p/w in cap space.

I just counted up everyone's cap numbers and it adds up to £10k less than what is showing in my finances page. It also says I have £17k p/w left in available cap but I just tried to offer a chap a contract and whatever amount I selected it said it would put us over the cap.

Also, I have millions in General Allocation Money but I can't buy any more contracts down which is really annoying. The game is also not telling me why I can't buy someone's contract down.

Edit: That 10k has now magically come back.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 17-07-2020 at 07:23 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a player on the senior minimum salary. He earns £1k p/w but his cap number is 8 times that at £8k p/w. How?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Erm... what?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They introduced it last year or the year before. I remember one of my players coming out last year.

Miles probably wanked himself silly at the thought of this "new feature".

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it do anything, or is it just a random news item?