User Tag List

Results 1 to 22 of 22

Thread: I'll be in Leeds from 10/18-10/21

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,973
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    I'll be in Leeds from 10/18-10/21

    My girlfriend will be accompanying me, and yes I'll be at the Leeds-Birmingham in a box seat because of privilege.

    1. What are cool things I should do?
    2. Anyone fancy a cheeky pint?

  2. #2
    Bookie Sir Andy Mahowry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,197
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Get chinned by a Brummie.

  3. #3
    Senior Member dino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,791
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hit up Oceana with Sandman.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Bam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meet up with Kiko and his wife for an informal pint.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Bam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, its more Moronics that likes to meet up with couples for an informal pint tbf.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,973
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also might be visiting Manchester for the people in that area.

  7. #7
    Senior Member Bam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    659
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't all rush at once.

  8. #8
    Isn't he banned? Baz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    6,663
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is @Gavel still around?

    Gonna have to be @Alex who steps up.
    I'm a twit

  9. #9
    Senior Member Manc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,528
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slide into my DMs.

  10. #10
    I used to be funny.
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    8,736
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I'll be at the Leeds-Birmingham."

    Fucking tourist.

  11. #11
    Senior Member SincereTheRebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    In Wolves
    Posts
    7,691
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you still dressing like a dinosaur though?

  12. #12
    Lost the old board bruhnaldo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,495
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dinosaurs don't wear clothes lol?

  13. #13
    Administrator Kiků's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Laaaaaandan
    Posts
    5,675
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomert View Post
    Also might be visiting Manchester for the people in that area.
    Go and meet Simon.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Wakefield
    Posts
    925
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Is @Gavel still around?

    Gonna have to be @Alex who steps up.
    I would have, but in some sort of weird, role-reversal twist of fate while Mert is in Leeds for a few days I'm in America! @Lewis could have made the short trip across from Hull to fill-in if he wasn't pissing about down south somewhere.

    That's the club's centenary game this weekend against Birmingham Mert, should be a good one to go to. I've been trying to find somewhere I could potentially watch it in New York.

    @Bartholomert, some pubs I would recommend would be the Duck and Drake, Whitelocks, The Turk's Head (not a joke), The Angel, The Adelphi and later on (these are more bar-type places) Sela Bar, Headrow House, Belgrave, The Shed and Nation of Shopkeepers.

    I haven't really stayed out "late" in Leeds for a couple of years now but when I used to do regularly I always ended up at Smokestack, which I'm pretty sure is still a thing. Very cool bar which is good into the early hours, and well worth checking out.

    And, if you get really bored mate, just get the 110 bus over to Wakefield and do the Westgate Run. Guaranteed a good night there.

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,973
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I would have, but in some sort of weird, role-reversal twist of fate while Mert is in Leeds for a few days I'm in America! @Lewis could have made the short trip across from Hull to fill-in if he wasn't pissing about down south somewhere.

    That's the club's centenary game this weekend against Birmingham Mert, should be a good one to go to. I've been trying to find somewhere I could potentially watch it in New York.

    @Bartholomert, some pubs I would recommend would be the Duck and Drake, Whitelocks, The Turk's Head (not a joke), The Angel, The Adelphi and later on (these are more bar-type places) Sela Bar, Headrow House, Belgrave, The Shed and Nation of Shopkeepers.

    I haven't really stayed out "late" in Leeds for a couple of years now but when I used to do regularly I always ended up at Smokestack, which I'm pretty sure is still a thing. Very cool bar which is good into the early hours, and well worth checking out.

    And, if you get really bored mate, just get the 110 bus over to Wakefield and do the Westgate Run. Guaranteed a good night there.
    Great post- itís appreciated and I will definitely check out those places. Where in America are you?

    Also isnít Magic from Leeds? @Manc I think we will be free to do something Sunday, Iíll slide into the DMs once I get there but it would be awesome to be shown around a bit!

  16. #16
    Senior Member Mazuuurk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    3,191
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is doesn't exactly belong here, but Mert, you seem like a better person these days. A little more humble.

    I was just thinking that a few years ago, the only time I'd every had considered meeting up with you would have been for a chance to punch you in the face really. These days, I think it could actually be a quite enjoyable experience.

  17. #17
    Bookie Sir Andy Mahowry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    24,197
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be enjoyable to punch him in the face, you're right.

  18. #18
    Custom User Title phonics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    11,498
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at Mahow even getting close enough to punch someone in the face let alone doing it.

    lol at Maz for interpreting any of that as humbleness.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Spikey M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    7,262
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol at 2 stone phonics for lolling at anyone else's fighting disabilities.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,973
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shout out from Roxys Ballroom in Leeds.

    Also thanks Maz, I think age does humble you and/or you end up being alive for long enough to be sufficiently assaulted with reality to leave behind your most offensive and delusional views on the world...

  21. #21
    Isn't he banned? Baz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    6,663
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomert View Post
    Roxys Ballroom


    Of course you've gone there.
    I'm a twit

  22. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Posts
    1,973
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post


    Of course you've gone there.
    If it helps I diluted it with appearances at Black Prince and The Griffin. Just tryna explore bruh.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •