User Tag List

Page 19 of 92 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 20: Sponsored by VOLTA Football, apparently.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I snuck into Elite 3 with all the SB I was playing for the various objectives. Nothing special though - Saul and Morata the only boards I got.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Im 16-1 lads. If i dont finish elite from here...

GK - Leno
    LB - Digne
    CB - Sokratis
    CB - Joe Gomez
    RB - IF Doherty
    CDM - Wijnaldum
    CDM - IF Jorhingo
    CAM - F. Anderson
    CAM - B. Silva
    ST - Vardy
    ST - Jesus
    Finished 23-6 in the end to make elite 3 for the first time. My mans are furious. I may just never play another WL for the rest of the year, just to prove a point.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well boys I finally took the plunge and after being shook af from our discussion yesterday went with the following:

ST - Ben Yedder OTW
    LW - Griezmann IF

CF - Benzema base
    RW - Ousmane Dembele (UCL, it was only 2k more so i splurged)
    CM - Frenkie De Jong IF
    CM - Vidal
    LB - Nelson Semedo IF
    CB - Pique
    CB - Sergio Ramos
    RB - Trippier (scream)
    GK - Oblak

Bold are new. I have about 170k left, which I'm hoping I'll focus into trying to flip and multiply my coins and make small-ish upgrades going down the line.

I also have Rakitic's base card but Vidal's DEF stats seemed to be much better suited considering I have Benzema in a CF role and only De Jong oppo.

Any ideas and suggestions always appreciated. I wrapped this up at about 2am so I havne't actually got a chance to play yet.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize it's ridiculous to spend 2k more just because a card is blue and more aesthetically pleasing.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eder Militao is an absolute monster. Might be a better option than Pique until Varane is in range other than that I can’t see where you could improve in La Liga without spending (even more) outrageous coin.

Maybe scream Kroos or James for the attacking midfield role.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may think about getting the Benzema IF as my next upgrade but I wanted to see how I got on with him in the new lineup to see if I want to keep rolling with a CF or move to a more CAM suited player.

I thought, given the French connections, I might be able to target Pogba but I'm not sure I'd be able to get the chem right overall.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Eder Militao is an absolute monster. Might be a better option than Pique until Varane is in range other than that I can’t see where you could improve in La Liga without spending (even more) outrageous coin
    Damn I think I actually had that card and sold it trying to raise money smfh.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Militao is dirt cheap now. Also made an edit above, the couple of scream options are the main upgrades at this point.

Think you will struggle to get Pogba in on chem.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get Pogba in at LCM if you take Mendy at LB, and then any one of Umtiti, Lenglet or eventually Varane at LCB.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aspas sold for 119k which takes me up to 447k. No idea what to do with it. Guess I'll try to buy some of the potential league sbcs.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Giovinco SBC landed. Looks reasonably priced at about 40k. Crap packs back though.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to go on too much about the guy/topic but Nepenthez is now lamenting the fact that we don't have any season objectives or milestones based around using scream cards. The irony being if we did get them, he'd whine once more about how it's too hard to complete and not fun.

I'll probably do the Giovinco just because it isn't too expensive and another special card.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    Not to go on too much about the guy/topic but Nepenthez is now lamenting the fact that we don't have any season objectives or milestones based around using scream cards. The irony being if we did get them, he'd whine once more about how it's too hard to complete and not fun.

I'll probably do the Giovinco just because it isn't too expensive and another special card.
    He just loves to moan.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of shit SBC but nudging the 84s up a bit so I should be able to move my latest set of Dzekos. Also bought a bunch of random 83-86 the other day when they were very low. Will sell Ibra today and buy him again when this is over and he sinks
    Last edited by Danny; 28-10-2019 at 06:41 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    He just loves to moan.
    Most of his moans do hit the mark, but the biggest problem he has is that he's moaning from the perspective of playing the game more than any of us could possibly ever achieve and therefore ends up covering stuff that most of would never get close to doing even if it were in the game.

His complaints about some of the Dzeko tasks and silver card objectives being in Division Rivals were bang on, for example. I love a grind as much as the next man, but if you're doing those things legitimately, in the division that matches your actual skill level they move well beyond grind to actual torture.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently people like Giovinco. All my Dzekos gone and I am 6k from 1m in the bank.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bought Sane and Werner to rattle through the Ozil stuff. One assist game away and one chip away.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Most of his moans do hit the mark, but the biggest problem he has is that he's moaning from the perspective of playing the game more than any of us could possibly ever achieve and therefore ends up covering stuff that most of would never get close to doing even if it were in the game.

His complaints about some of the Dzeko tasks and silver card objectives being in Division Rivals were bang on, for example. I love a grind as much as the next man, but if you're doing those things legitimately, in the division that matches your actual skill level they move well beyond grind to actual torture.
    I haven't encountered Nepenthez outside this thread, and didn't do Dzeko, but I've done other Rivals objectives that needed silvers and if anything I'd make the requirements more stringent. It's a special player with pretty heavily boosted stats, it should be hard to get.

Got to 100k XP last night and took the Storyline Vazquez, dubious that he could replace Dembele in my side but with each choice having the same rating it made sense to take the one I could potentially use. He's fucking sensational.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amen to that. Got him in my team up front next to Sane with a sniper on him.

He’s rapid and finishes everything.

Makes doing Hulk a complete waste for now, but the coin balance is moving back up towards 500k so meh.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've put a Catalyst on him because I'm using him wide and his finishing has still been terrific. With a Sniper he must have about 92 as an in game striker rating. He'd piss on most strikers if you could change his position.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and on Dezeko, I used him a fair bit over the weekend but just couldn’t get on with him.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really? I haven’t got round to using him yet. His agility and balance do look worrying though.

I think I am going to go with Zaha, card looks fun and I can’t get the others onto my team.

I watched a “review” on the icon 86 Carlos last night. He looks insane. However I am seriously considering buying Gerrard and trying him. The tax loss would be around 20/30k if I buy well and box to box is one place I think I could do with an upgrade

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Carlos is great, but annoyingly I haven't been able to get him into goal scoring positions much yet, which I love my full backs to bomb on and do.

My build up play is probably too quick, which probably also explains struggling with Dzeko.

Oh and Ozil is really good. Can actually detect a difference with his passes and his finish on his left foot is great too.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 29-10-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's rock solid at the back too though.

I've finally sorted out my full tactics and 424 on full out attacking is amazing and mental if I'm down. So much pressure and Carlos really comes into his element then.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What settings have you got on that 4-2-4?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yerry Mina up at 5k on PS for literally no reason. I don’t have one but if you do I would sell

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has he died?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would hope not. However he has an IF and is out of packs. Someone probably put him in a Futbin solution

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just need 3 more assists in Mystery Ball and 2 chip shot goals to unlock Ozil. I've started this FIFA with tons of specials from various leagues and nations. It might mean I have more variation in the teams I use for Rivals and Weekend League. Last year I settled on the La Liga side (and Eusebio) for about 7-8 months.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Yerry Mina up at 5k on PS for literally no reason. I don’t have one but if you do I would sell
    How did you even come across this information?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reddit, not sad enough to figure it out myself. Thankfully.

That or FUTBIN but I am finding it very hit and miss this year.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What settings have you got on that 4-2-4?

Wingers on cut inside, aggressive interceptions and get behind, Strikers on aggressive interceptions and get behind with all other player instructions on default.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No gym tonight so get the chance to rattle off a load of Squad Battles games to get Elite 1 again.

Also need to get back into the bronze packs. Goldmine is awaiting given the league SBC's are back.

Oh and forza Pukki!

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could swing to a 4-2-4 and just move Benzema up to a ST to go with Ben Yedder hmm.

I wanna try something different cause I feel like my wide players still aren't getting involved at all.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers for the tactics Mahow. I really need to set all mine up now that I've settled on my team.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bronze player are going to go nuts with those SBC's.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goretzka from one of the SBC's. Makes things interesting in terms of fitting him in.

How good is he for those of you that have used him?

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Comment nailed it fucking Tifo’s. What a shower of shit.

I used him on my Bundesliga side and thought he was decent. Didn’t stand out too much but no one did in that side.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet a fair number of people do that.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goretzka from one of the SBC's. Makes things interesting in terms of fitting him in.

How good is he for those of you that have used him?
    I love him as he's really well rounded. He's not one that will stand out massively but he seems to do everything to a good standard.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taison IF best pull from the SBC packs.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sterling & Skriniar in the same pack.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That pic I posted above was from Reddit. He actually said “little rat badge from a little rat company”

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a cracking video.

The market is completely fucked, isn't it? I doubt the value from opening packs has ever been lower. There must be about 8 players who sell for a worthwhile amount.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What chem style are you guys using on Ozil? I was thinking Marksman or Engine.

Played two games with 89 Gerrard and I quite like him. Not sure he is an 850k upgrade on Lo Celso but his passing was nice very nice, he didnt feel as clunky as I expected on the ball and once I told him to get forward he got involved and created quite a lot. I might be swayed towards taking him over Rio at this point.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using a Maestro on him. Works nicely so far.

Another thing about him when it comes to finishing is that his weak foot feels much better than 2 star.

Lucas Vazquez is the star performer for me of any player to date. 16 games, 25 goals and 13 assists. The man is awesome and H/L workrates in attackers are immense.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All this talk about Vazquez is almost making me want to take him, but after completing the Scream Jesus Navas, he just wouldn't fit for me. Tolisso is still my choice, only 8k short now on XP so shouldn't be long.

I struggled over Weekend League but managed to scrape 11 wins, ending 11-10 using the team below.

Osimhen was amazing, getting over 20 goals and 10 assists, and Rodrigo and Sarabia also hit double figures. I had a lot of high scoring matches, in part due to all of the back 4 having a high attacking work rate. Sanson was also unbelievably good. For a regular 79 non-rare gold, his stats are so well rounded and he has 4 star skills and 4 star weak foot. I thought I'd be subbing him off early for Ndombele or Florenzi in most of my games, but he had a big impact and I would only take him off later on for fresh legs.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn you guys are gonna hit the max levels? that's impressive. I really ought to play more.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair, 5 weeks of weekly objectives has probably netted close to 60k. The rest comes from just doing other shit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No Vardy which is a shame. Would have been a great red to get.

IF Mitrovic though, a first Fulham special card.