Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
Iron Man (2008)

I'd seen this before and remembered it being bang average, but on second viewing.... it's actually pretty good.

Robert Downey Junior is great in the role and Gwyneth Paltrow and Jeff Bridges provide the eye candy - Jeff's beard and shaved head combo is marvellous. The opening in an Afghan (is it?) cave is great as Stark builds his prototype suit to escape in and with so much of the film taken up with that and him then getting the finished version to work there's little time for protracted scenes of robots hitting each other, which is nice.

A solid 7/10 overall.
Iron Man (2008)

I disagree. I still think it was average and probably would have been a flop without Robert Downey Junior. Jeff Bridges I thought was a cameo from HHH but yes, a marvellous combination but I think it was a bit of a rubbish todo between him and RBJ given he put the hit out on him. I don't know....I struggled to suspend the belief at times. Most notably the explosion near the end when they were on the roof. Bit of a meh film in my opinion.

5.5/10 overall. Failed to keep me interested. To think Nicolas Cage or Tom Cruise could have played the role....fuck ha.