User Tag List

View Poll Results: Which is the MASSIVE-est derby this month?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tottenham vs. Arsenal (02/03)

3 16.67%
  • El Clasico Mate (02/03)

4 22.22%
  • Merseyside derby (03/03)

1 5.56%
  • Milan derby (17/03)

2 11.11%
  • Some random game John Arne will post about (??/??)

4 22.22%
  • That Mitchell & Webb video must be over a decade old, Webly, you arse.

1 5.56%
  • Some other derby nobody cares about

3 16.67%
Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920
Results 951 to 1,000 of 1000

Thread: March '19 football, featuring DERBIES

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where does he rate in the list since you've been following Chelsea Jim?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a boring first half. Chelsea must have had 75% of the ball but did absolutely nothing with it.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pffft. The state of this.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Where does he rate in the list since you've been following Chelsea Jim?
    He's the worst manager we've had in terms of performance with us. Big Phil Scolari was also shite, but not for the infuriating and entirely avoidable reasons that Sarri is. Benitez was a negative turd, and Grant was obviously a weird stooge but this guy has the horrible combination of thinking he is a football genius while also not having the first clue what he is doing.

The worst thing about him is that when his shit tactics fail, he just blames anyone else available, as if only he knows the correct way to play football and the pesky players/opposition/referee are unfairly thwarting his correct style of play.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats criminal from the AR there.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in your cage, Cardiff.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That chance at the end sums Barkley up. All the time in the world to do *something* and he lets the ball run across him for what felt like 10 minutes and then smashes it over the bar.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is absolute daylight robbery.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol at Steven Gerrard wanting to use a red card fine to reimburse the fans. Wrong side of town for that mawkish wank la.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs dont usually go 3 at the back do they? Could be tough today with Spurs not needing a win.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They have done that quite a few times this season. They 100% do need a win though, the other three have reeled them back in!

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely dire

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullshit. That wasn't even a foul.

Shite defending anyway though.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the fucking point of Jordan Henderson?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Phew

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fabinho away at Southampton for the love of god please.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    omg!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's moments like that that make me believe, but then I remember City actually need to drop points.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    It's moments like that that make me believe, but then I remember City actually need to drop points.
    In Binman we trust.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, let's look at the potential banana skins for City:

17/4 - Spurs
    24/4 - Man Utd

Maybe an outside chance of Palace holding them but they have the game in hand. With Liverpool, every match looks like a battle but they're getting the luck and results.... so far.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool
    Southampton (a)
    Chelsea (h)
    Cardiff (a)
    Huddersfield (h)
    Newcastle (a)
    Wolves (a)

Man City
    Cardiff (h)
    Palace (a)
    Spurs (h)
    Man Utd (a)
    Burnley (a)
    Leicester (h)
    Brighton (a)

Some droppable tasty games in that list.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just seen Chelsea's offside goal. That is so disgraceful from the linesman that it borders on suspicious for match-fixing. He'd have to be looking in the opposite direction to miss that.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it comes down to the last minute of the last game, and Bottlepool bottle it in the most majestic way possible, perhaps the mighty VIRGIL bundling it in to his own net, Bobby missing an open goal/pen, Salah having a heart attack. Something like that.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd cleverly stationed himself behind Willian.

Harsh on Cardiff, but with my Brighton hat on thank fuck for that.

I thought Salah was miles offside for that goal at the end but seeing as it got zero mentions anywhere I guess he wasn't.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck Cardiff. They can get the fuck out of here.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last game, Liverpool need a win for the title. 0-0 in the early stages and Henderson goes down with a heart attack. Pronounced dead, match abandoned. City win, which leaves Liverpool still needing to win the rematch, but as the city is in mourning it's delayed until the start of July. Jeremy Corbyn, by now Prime Minister, negotiates a settlement with Wolves in the 'national interest' and the match kicks off. For 90 minutes the sides just pass the ball around while the nation pays its respects. 96 parachute jumpers land on the pitch at half time, causing an hour's delay. Supporters applaud through the 56th minute in tribute to when Henderson would otherwise need to have been subbed off. As the clock reaches 90, Wolves move the ball back to their own goal line and Liverpool make their final change, replacing Mo Salah with Wee Timmy Henderson, Jordan's three year old son, drafted onto the bench after the Premier League agreed to relax several of its rules for the day. Encouraged to the ball by players from both sides, Wee Timmy wallops it over the line. The final whistle is blown, and Liverpool are champions. Henderson's coffin is wheeled out for the presentation, and the trophy placed on top of it. A helicopter lands on the pitch to take the players, staff, trophy and coffin back to Liverpool. They all clamber in, singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. The helicopter rises into the air and Wolverhampton doffs its cap to the finest champions any country has ever known.

The final piece de resistance arrives in the form of Kenny Dalglish, temporarily confined to a wheelchair after suffering a solidarity stroke after Henderson's death. Accepting an enormous rocket launcher from Jorge Mendes, Dalglish fires and it's like he's never been away, as the shell blows the departing helicopter up.

The crowd links arms, King Kenny - soon to be installed as the actual monarch - smiles, and England looks forward to next season, safe in the knowledge that Liverpool FC are finally champions. Forever, champions.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmy floyd View Post
    last game, liverpool need a win for the title. 0-0 in the early stages and henderson goes down with a heart attack. Pronounced dead, match abandoned. City win, which leaves liverpool still needing to win the rematch, but as the city is in mourning it's delayed until the start of july. Jeremy corbyn, by now prime minister, negotiates a settlement with wolves in the 'national interest' and the match kicks off. For 90 minutes the sides just pass the ball around while the nation pays its respects. 96 parachute jumpers land on the pitch at half time, causing an hour's delay. Supporters applaud through the 56th minute in tribute to when henderson would otherwise need to have been subbed off. As the clock reaches 90, wolves move the ball back to their own goal line and liverpool make their final change, replacing mo salah with wee timmy henderson, jordan's three year old son, drafted onto the bench after the premier league agreed to relax several of its rules for the day. Encouraged to the ball by players from both sides, wee timmy wallops it over the line. The final whistle is blown, and liverpool are champions. Henderson's coffin is wheeled out for the presentation, and the trophy placed on top of it. A helicopter lands on the pitch to take the players, staff, trophy and coffin back to liverpool. They all clamber in, singing 'you'll never walk alone'. The helicopter rises into the air and wolverhampton doffs its cap to the finest champions any country has ever known.

The final piece de resistance arrives in the form of kenny dalglish, temporarily confined to a wheelchair after suffering a solidarity stroke after henderson's death. Accepting an enormous rocket launcher from jorge mendes, dalglish fires and it's like he's never been away, as the shell blows the departing helicopter up.

The crowd links arms, king kenny - soon to be installed as the actual monarch - smiles, and england looks forward to next season, safe in the knowledge that liverpool fc are finally champions. Forever, champions.
    tl;dr?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I lost to him.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I lost to him.
    This is me posing for photos in front of the scoreboard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Last game, Liverpool need a win for the title. 0-0 in the early stages and Henderson goes down with a heart attack. Pronounced dead, match abandoned. City win, which leaves Liverpool still needing to win the rematch, but as the city is in mourning it's delayed until the start of July. Jeremy Corbyn, by now Prime Minister, negotiates a settlement with Wolves in the 'national interest' and the match kicks off. For 90 minutes the sides just pass the ball around while the nation pays its respects. 96 parachute jumpers land on the pitch at half time, causing an hour's delay. Supporters applaud through the 56th minute in tribute to when Henderson would otherwise need to have been subbed off. As the clock reaches 90, Wolves move the ball back to their own goal line and Liverpool make their final change, replacing Mo Salah with Wee Timmy Henderson, Jordan's three year old son, drafted onto the bench after the Premier League agreed to relax several of its rules for the day. Encouraged to the ball by players from both sides, Wee Timmy wallops it over the line. The final whistle is blown, and Liverpool are champions. Henderson's coffin is wheeled out for the presentation, and the trophy placed on top of it. A helicopter lands on the pitch to take the players, staff, trophy and coffin back to Liverpool. They all clamber in, singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'. The helicopter rises into the air and Wolverhampton doffs its cap to the finest champions any country has ever known.

The final piece de resistance arrives in the form of Kenny Dalglish, temporarily confined to a wheelchair after suffering a solidarity stroke after Henderson's death. Accepting an enormous rocket launcher from Jorge Mendes, Dalglish fires and it's like he's never been away, as the shell blows the departing helicopter up.

The crowd links arms, King Kenny - soon to be installed as the actual monarch - smiles, and England looks forward to next season, safe in the knowledge that Liverpool FC are finally champions. Forever, champions.

A grown man wrote this

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Alfredo Morelos has just been shown his fifth red of the season, half an hour into the old firm match, for an off the ball elbow on Scott brown.

Got to be the thickest cunt in football.
    You could expand your parameters there. Excluding the mentally afflicted he might be the thickest cunt on earth. I said it when he got sent off against Aberdeen, we just can't trust him. He's a complete liability, and we're probably going to get about half the fee his ability should command purely because wherever he goes everyone will quickly learn that if you can wind him up even a little he'll get himself sent off.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
    A grown man wrote this
    Was that grown man Kenny Dalglish?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Was that grown man Kenny Dalglish?
    Looks like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to me, mate.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    You could expand your parameters there. Excluding the mentally afflicted he might be the thickest cunt on earth. I said it when he got sent off against Aberdeen, we just can't trust him. He's a complete liability, and we're probably going to get about half the fee his ability should command purely because wherever he goes everyone will quickly learn that if you can wind him up even a little he'll get himself sent off.
    It sounds like he just needs to be more snide. Show him a highlight reel of Diego Costa and Eric Dier and you have a banker.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
    Looks like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink to me, mate.
    He's not even black, you cunt.

Fuck sake though Jimmy. Sort it aaat.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neil Warnock staring the officials down will be the lasting image of the 2018/19 season.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neil Warnock staring the officials down will be the lasting image of the 2018/19 season.
    Everyone knows Warnock is dodgy as fuck, but I think it goes beyond that. I'm not quite saying evil genius, but I think there's something a touch more Machiavellian about Warnock than the other old school wide boy chancers like Redknapp.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The story about him taking a few hundred quid off his players in what was meant to be a 'team building' bowling game makes me smile every time it appears on Facebook. I don't even want to know if it isn't true, it's the perfect distillation of who he seems to be.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    The story about him taking a few hundred quid off his players in what was meant to be a 'team building' bowling game makes me smile every time it appears on Facebook. I don't even want to know if it isn't true, it's the perfect distillation of who he seems to be.
    you familiar with the battle of bramall lane? that was my first exposure to him and it was not a good first impression.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember seeing his book in a charity shop and indexing 'Sean Bean' and 'Wally Downes'. Absolutely RINSED them both.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    Everyone knows Warnock is dodgy as fuck, but I think it goes beyond that. I'm not quite saying evil genius, but I think there's something a touch more Machiavellian about Warnock than the other old school wide boy chancers like Redknapp.
    I thought that when he did his Brexit means Brexit press conference a while ago. Got us all on a string, and the endgame is probably only that he gets to drink slightly more expensive whisky.

Don't get me started on Pulis either. My taxes probably get paid straight into his account.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember seeing his book in a charity shop and indexing 'Sean Bean' and 'Wally Downes'. Absolutely RINSED them both.
    someone on c&b was "summarising" chapters of that in the football thread, I genuinely couldn't tell what was legit and what was satire (if anything). good stuff, here's an extract:

Chapter 4 - Team Bonding

- Neil begins by parachuting the listener into a night march on the moors that formed part of one of his pre-seasons as a player. At Hartlepool, an ex-commando called Tony Toms took fitness. Tony took them to the moors, separated the squad so they were all sat alone in the pitch black. 'I waited for what seemed like ages in the dark, until I felt a hand on my shoulder. I nearly filled my pants.' Turns out it was Tony, who'd used his commando skills to sneak up on Neil. 'He was ahead of his time Tony - he made us play a game and the loser got chucked in the river. It's the sort of thing they do these days on I'm A Celebrity. Finally, in the morning, we were told to find our way home - so I used my initiative and made a reverse charge call at a phone box, and got picked up.'

- Neil then moves onto his pre-season as manager, which 'is more benign. Fitness is best judged by the naked eye, not the computer.' More signings are discussed from his first one at QPR - Bradley Orr and Leon Clarke. Neil slates Clarke as not good enough, then says how pleased he was to see him nominated as League One player of the year a few years later.

- Neil takes his teams now to Cornwall, fixing matches with local teams. Marcus Bent once gave a kitman Ł300 to buy a TV to put in his spartan room at the training camp. Neil takes the squad to a local pub for 'a buffet and a drink - nothing excessive. Later we go back to mine for a barbecue, where I always cook.'

- Neil remembers that first summer at QPR where the new signings, led by Clint Hill, dressed up as JLS and sung 'Everybody In Love' at the team hotel. Neil gave his son Ł20 to soak Ákos Buzsáky with a water pistol.

- We move onto mid-season breaks. Neil says he likes a day at the races, or some fishing, before pointedly commenting on 'Allardyce liking Dubai'. There's then a lovely anecdote about Tongey and the lads going for a winter swim at Scarborough. 'Brrrr' adds Neil.

- Neil claims he got Notts County players to drink 'glasses of sherry and raw egg' in the hotel, the night before away games.

- Neil now embarks on a wide-ranging defence of his methods, arguing he has been wrongly derided as a long ball merchant. He points to the success of Darren Ambrose and Neil Danns as evidence, plus his blooding of Victor Moses and Sean Scannell. There's a brooding silence after he mentions John Bostock - this is clearly a sore spot for Neil.

- 'I know Barcelona's players are very short, but they are also very good.'

- Neil then seems to contradict himself by saying he does not want his centre halves to pass the ball. 'Kick it in the stands, they'll not score from there.' Some players don't buy into this immediately, with Anton Ferdinand a prime culprit. Neil showed the lads a video of Gael Clichy giving a goal away with a back pass in the Champions League, and wrote a column in the Independent thanking Gael for doing his job for him.

- Neil unveils a one-nation Tory attitude to defending, advocating man-marking on the grounds that 'personal responsibility is a fantastic motivator, especially against talented wingers like Jobi McAnuff'.

- At Notts County, 'Brian Clough used to walk his labrador past our postage stamp of a training ground, no doubt laughing on his way back to his salubrious grounds'.

- 'I'd be hopeless managing England, not that I'll ever get the chance.'

- There is a truly medieval discussion of tactics. Neil has used the phrase 'disputed winner' three times in the last five minutes.

- Neil claims he went to watch Barcelona train at Loftus Road and 'they didn't even work on corners or shape!'

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a lot in there, but what jumped out at me is that his own son wanted twenty quid to take part in his nonsense.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was once caretaker manager of Harchester United.
    I'm a twit

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd missed this donning.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play on if I know African refs.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one year I randomly watched the AFCON with you guys was fuckin peak scenes. African football is insane.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    The one year I randomly watched the AFCON with you guys was fuckin peak scenes. African football is insane.
    This is still a personal favourite:

Kapango the don.