User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mourinho Sacked

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reason I brought Trent into it is you bringing up off the field shite as if its still 1995 and Keane's in the dressing room. Give a fuck that he's doing the odd dab or dancing, he's a modern football player, they're all pricks who've been pandered to since they were six years old. I'd take that over some right back who's trying to slam his bbc into any taken white pussy within five miles.

Its like you've diluted Souness into a needle and shot it into ya veins. If you're expecting Pogba to suddenly be Viera/Keane/Gerrard, he's not, and never has been that type of player. He's the type to pick a pass, create some space and link defence and midfield, not barrel around doing everything. I'm not his biggest fan, and doubt he'll be a success here but the guy's proven it with France and Juve, and donned the ever living fuck out of our youth set-up. He underperforms under a manager who has been hopeless for the club and the guy's a spent force.

Wobble son.
    Last edited by Dark Soldier; 18-12-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't give one about his clothes label.

He's an average footballer in my opinion, he's no youngster anymore and again it's his application to the game that causes concern, he's barely improved and he comes across as though he's something special. Such a player would never have been such a central figure under Alex Ferguson. Most of the United lot wouldn't have tbh. The players clearly run that asylum now.

I don't know why it bugs me either. I should be laughing (which I do) but part of me actually thinks it's shit that such a legacy got destroyed so easily. It's funny because it's United but it's sad because I was mortified when Hodgson and co nearly ruined us. Weird.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate its five years since we won the league, we came second last year and Mourinho won more trophies at United than Klopp has at Liverpool. Calm down, its not like we've gone 28 years without winning the league.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps not, but welcome to the journey.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    The reason I brought Trent into it is you bringing up off the field shite as if its still 1995 and Keane's in the dressing room. Give a fuck that he's doing the odd dab or dancing, he's a modern football player, they're all pricks who've been pandered to since they were six years old. I'd take that over some right back who's trying to slam his bbc into any taken white pussy within five miles.

Its like you've diluted Souness into a needle and shot it into ya veins. If you're expecting Pogba to suddenly be Viera/Keane/Gerrard, he's not, and never has been that type of player. He's the type to pick a pass, create some space and link defence and midfield, not barrel around doing everything. I'm not his biggest fan, and doubt he'll be a success here but the guy's proven it with France and Juve, and donned the ever living fuck out of our youth set-up. He underperforms under a manager who has been hopeless for the club and the guy's a spent force.

Wobble son.
    I don't expect Pogba to get anywhere near the levels of the trio you mentioned but nor did I expect him to be. My dislike for him simply boils down to the fact that he should be better than he is and any professional worth his salt would have got his head down and done his talking on the pitch. This is an issue I take with many United players actually, Kiko said phoning it in. Well if you're representing my club then at the very least I expect you to break a sweat when doing so.

If he was doing it on the pitch then his off field antics wouldn't be as much of an issue I'm sure but they are definitely related. He's probably with Lingard now coming up with their new celebration/dance whatever.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate its five years since we won the league, we came second last year and Mourinho won more trophies at United than Klopp has at Liverpool. Calm down, its not like we've gone 28 years without winning the league.
    I find it quite funny that since Ferguson left, we've entered our most difficult period in decades. Yet we've still won more trophies in that time than Liverpool have in the last 12 years.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just read your own quote here, DS. You can't even see the irony there? You finished 2nd? That's like the almost won the league trophy, right. This is exactly how far your lot has fallen but that's getting away from the point.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate after 20 years of absolute and complete dominance, there's bound to a little slip here and there. I was very happy with 2nd last season with a points haul that would've won the league most seasons if it hadn't been for an insanely good City side. What am I supposed to do, froth at the mouth because we didn't win it?

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    I find it quite funny that since Ferguson left, we've entered our most difficult period in decades. Yet we've still won more trophies in that time than Liverpool have in the last 12 years.
    Yet ask which supporters are the happiest in the last three years.

Liverpool also went to a Europa League final, I believe we knocked you out en route to it. We also lost another European Cup final just a few months ago.

The point I'm trying to make is how far United have fallen and getting rid of Mourinho is not the quick fix, it's a small step but there's so many other issues at that club.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mate after 20 years of absolute and complete dominance, there's bound to a little slip here and there. I was very happy with 2nd last season with a points haul that would've won the league most seasons if it hadn't been for an insanely good City side. What am I supposed to do, froth at the mouth because we didn't win it?
    Don't talk to me about slips. Low blow!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Football is all about the here and now.

Talking about past glories is what you do when you don't have much hope for present or future ones. Believe me.

United aren't going away, but they very much are on the same path that Liverpool were in the early 90s. They probably won't be in the (relative) wilderness for as long but equally they are unlikely to return to those halcyon days anytime soon either. If Guardiola decides to stick around and try to build a dynasty at City they're going to be in their shadow for a very long time. Fortunately I'm not sure that is too likely.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread's like the old board.

Where are Taz and GS when you need them?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smallpockets is definitely interested if his greasy political answers are anything to go by, and the reason he would take the job is that it is a miles bigger job than the one he currently has.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite funny watching the betting market for next manager. Blanc was odds on a few hours ago, and now he's 4/1 and Solksjaer is favourite

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they want fourth place after a shit transfer window and first four months then Arsene Wenger seems the obvious choice.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Smallpockets is definitely interested if his greasy political answers are anything to go by, and the reason he would take the job is that it is a miles bigger job than the one he currently has.
    Levy has played an absolute blinder with that contract though, to get him out you'd need to still be paying them when Jesse Lingard is advertising M&S dressing gowns.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Solskjaer terrible at Cardiff?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    Levy has played an absolute blinder with that contract though, to get him out you'd need to still be paying them when Jesse Lingard is advertising M&S dressing gowns.
    Eight million quid a year, four years left on it by the end of the season. In the context of all the money torched and paid out to managers over the past few years it seems like decent value.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is classic Smiff on football. Undiluted horseshit from someone as bitter as the ripest of lemons.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telegraph have said it's Ole with Phelan as number 2 until the end of the season. After that we'll try and get Pochettino.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Phelan swaggering back in giving it the large'un because he KNOWS THE CLUB as everyone signed since he left just looks at him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should have Eric Bischoff's theme playing at the training ground when he walks back in

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is there to be bitter about exactly, John? There has never been such a big gulf between United and ourselves. Man United barely even register as City are the better team and are our direct rivals at present. It'll be a rinse and repeat job at United, sign big name, throw money at it, sack and start again. No one at the club seems to have a clue how to handle a club that size.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Telegraph have said it's Ole with Phelan as number 2 until the end of the season. After that we'll try and get Pochettino.
    I just can't see why Pochettino would be in the least bit interested. It truly boggles the mind when he has it so much better at Tottenham.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tottenham are still Tottenham.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Eight million quid a year, four years left on it by the end of the season. In the context of all the money torched and paid out to managers over the past few years it seems like decent value.
    I agree, I just don't know whether Bob and Steve Glazer will.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tottenham are still Tottenham.
    The consensus among Spurs fans is that there's absolutely no chance he's leaving, mostly due to the new stadium. I'm probably biased, but I'd say taking United back to the top of the league is probably one of the biggest jobs in football at the moment.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem for Pochettino staying at Tottenham is that there's only so long you can out peform expectations and the moment you start achieving par instead you'll get criticised for it. Much easier to turn up at United and pay 8-9 positions 200k a week.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The consensus among Spurs fans is that there's absolutely no chance he's leaving, mostly due to the new stadium. I'm probably biased, but I'd say taking United back to the top of the league is probably one of the biggest jobs in football at the moment.
    Surely the new stadium means they won't spend a penny. Did they buy at all this year?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, I've seen far too much social media posting about Spurs' revolutionary 'from the bottom up' pint pouring machines. That's how I poured pints at the hardly glamorous Liberty Stadium back in 2008 for 5.50 an hour. It's not quite the fancy cheese stand I heard so much of before.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They spent nothing this season, and got a lot of criticism for it at the time.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    By the way, I've seen far too much social media posting about Spurs' revolutionary 'from the bottom up' pint pouring machines. That's how I poured pints at the hardly glamorous Liberty Stadium back in 2008 for 5.50 an hour. It's not quite the fancy cheese stand I heard so much of before.
    Cashless stadium apparently. I can see that working...not.

Spurs have done fantastic this season given the circumstances.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cashless is the way forward. There's already some pubs in London that don't accept cash.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First till I ever had to operate and it was during half time at an FA cup match, Swans v Fulham I think. It was one of those old school ones where you'd just input the order and then you'd have to do the math on the change. The definition of trial by fire considering if you did fuck up the change you had to do someone elses order because you weren't able to open up the till unless you were putting cash in.

They put a TV opposite the bar but it was just far away/small enough that you couldn't actually watch the match. I hated that job. I left that job and the city after 6 months of that, they got promoted 3 months after.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    This is classic Smiff on football. Undiluted horseshit from someone as bitter as the ripest of lemons.
    Lemons are sour not bitter, retard.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spurs have had a lot of luck in recent years, mainly Harry Kane randomly morphing into a world class goalscorer. It won't always be so, and Pochettino has showed ruthless ambition before.

Only problem is United is probably a 5 year rebuild rather than 2 years, so he might just as well wait for the next time it comes up.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You said i must eat so many lemons cause i am so bittahhh.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    You said i must eat so many lemons cause i am so bittahhh.
    I'd rather be with your friends, mate cause they are much fittah.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Smiffy's comparisons between Liverpool and a shambolic United that 'barely even register as our direct rivals' are somewhat contradictory. It's only three years since Brendan Rodgers and the laughing stock transfer committee were replaced, so I don't see why, given the resources that could be made available for targets under the age of thirty, somebody couldn't turn it around in a comparable window if they have a plan.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pochettino would jump at the chance of managing United. Bigger budget, higher ceiling, bigger fanbsse and they completely fit his ethos.

Spurs could win the league this season and he'd still be interested.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reckon Spurs winning the league would have him more likely as it would be "job accomplished" surely.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pochettino will go Madrid eventually, but not United. It would be like applying to work at eBay

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A decent manager and a decent january and summer transfer window and united could be winning the league next season. They're hardly relegation fodder.

I wouldn't mind seeing them become good again if they play good football. Another team seriously challenging for the league would only be a good thing.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh for sure, the brand will carry them on no matter how many times they fuck it up. That's the thing that I hate most about United, really.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's working at eBay like I wanna understand that reference

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be a longer rebuild because their only nailed on safe bet player is a goalkeeper, and they have loads of useless contracts burning money that won't be easy to dump, Sanchez being the prime example.

If I were the new manager/DOF and I looked down that squad, and I was given the brief of being properly good again in three years, who do you keep around? I think it's fairly difficult to make an argument for too many of them. Pogba is notoriously unreliable so I'd look to shift him I think and spend the proceeds.

That aside, I'd back:

- De Gea
    - whichever of Lindelof/Bailly is less of a write off
    - Mata (for professionalism/example)
    - Rashford
    - Martial
    - Lingard
    - Dalot, assuming he's alright
    - Shaw

I really wouldn't be fussed at all about any of the others. That leaves you needing to recruit an entire midfield for a start, and most of a defence, before you're good again - and that means buying people aged 18-24 and building them up, rather than shopping big for the finished article. Have corporate modern United got the patience to do that? I don't know.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    What's working at eBay like I wanna understand that reference
    eBay makes any other tech company look like paradise on earth

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or at least it did. I don’t know if it’s still even in existence anymore

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will be a longer rebuild because their only nailed on safe bet player is a goalkeeper, and they have loads of useless contracts burning money that won't be easy to dump, Sanchez being the prime example.

If I were the new manager/DOF and I looked down that squad, and I was given the brief of being properly good again in three years, who do you keep around? I think it's fairly difficult to make an argument for too many of them. Pogba is notoriously unreliable so I'd look to shift him I think and spend the proceeds.

That aside, I'd back:

- De Gea
    - whichever of Lindelof/Bailly is less of a write off
    - Mata (for professionalism/example)
    - Rashford
    - Martial
    - Lingard
    - Dalot, assuming he's alright
    - Shaw

I really wouldn't be fussed at all about any of the others. That leaves you needing to recruit an entire midfield for a start, and most of a defence, before you're good again - and that means buying people aged 18-24 and building them up, rather than shopping big for the finished article. Have corporate modern United got the patience to do that? I don't know.
    Corporate modern United have exhausted the continuity, sure-thing, instant success alternatives (in theory at least), so turning everything over in favour of a what you have outlined is the only avenue left.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mourinho's just never been a long-term boss. He's basically been a lifer mercenary like a younger Ancelotti or Hiddink.