19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merry fucking Christmas

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Caretaker manager, eh. Internal or some Hiddink-esque character?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should use all of his undoubtedly astronomical payoff to relocate down to Ipswich and salvage Bobson's boys.

Carrick in a blazer?

(I know, I know, it's serious)

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m genuinely devastated.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zidane, shirley?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wenger in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big Sam is waiting by the phone.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expected it to go on until they were at least mathematically out of the top four, so this suggests to me that the atmosphere is worse than people think.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It had to happen. I wonder who's taking over til the end of the season.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Big Sam is waiting by the phone.
    I hear Curbishley is available.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave. View Post
    Wenger in.

This would be beyond amazing.

Or Moyes.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is such a good day. Fantastic news.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How long was that contract that Pochettino just signed?

Merry Christmas forever Daniel.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Terrible. It was great seeing Man Utd like this. I havent laughed so much since David Moyes was in charge.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank fucking god.

News is the caretaker won't be someone internal/close to the club. Also not Wenger.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Ł20 on Pochettino at 50/1.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moyes contract hasn't expired yet. Get him back in.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laurent Blanc fyi.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Zidane is the obvious choice. Not sure he speaks English but that never stopped Ferguson.

Genuinely think Mourinho should go to the next small PL job that comes up. For his own good.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SSN saying Carrick has it until the end of the season.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, Simon Stone has said it's not Carrick.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pogba posted this then instantly deleted it.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He should be the next one turfed out tbh. I hope they opt for Zidane but whoever it is has a massive job on their hands.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Pogba is the best bet for whoever comes into actually salvaging this season (to the extent that may be possible) for them.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he's an overrrated sack of shit, personally. I also don't see how he's any sort of bet. He's done nothing whatsoever to justify his price tag and you can count the amount of good games he's had on your hands.

You don't suddenly become a game changer overnight when you've been useless for much of the last two years or so.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pogba is a raging cunt as well. Would be glorious for the new manager to also freeze him out.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's obviously a very talented player (on a basic technical/physical level), but whether he has it between the ears is another thing.

Hughes, Bruce, Keane, there must be others (Nevilles ), the choices for their end of days-Souness equivalent are limitless. Unless they've already been through that phase.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blanc until the end of the season is looking likely. Not a bad choice.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blanc is just Mark Hughes in a beret.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    Pogba is a raging cunt as well. Would be glorious for the new manager to also freeze him out.
    Absolutely this.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    He's obviously a very talented player (on a basic technical/physical level), but whether he has it between the ears is another thing.
    Is he really though? His best form seemed to come when surrounded by better midfielders at Juventus and with France. I couldn't really recall a period where he's had a sustained level of form with Man United.

I also don't think just sacking Mourinho is the solution. Last chance for Ed Woodward now too.

Poch keeps getting mentioned but seriously, why would you swap jobs given the difference in both clubs?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Is he really though? His best form seemed to come when surrounded by better midfielders at Juventus and with France. I couldn't really recall a period where he's had a sustained level of form with Man United.
    I reckon he is, yeah. But not the sort to put a team on his back an carry them and maybe he needs the very capable support he had at Juve (although it's a joke league) and for France. He's not in the highest echelon of players, but he's still a very good one if you can keep his arsehole tendencies in check. Really not a Mourinho player though. It's obvious in retrospect, but Mourinho is never going to work where transfer policy is geared in anyway towards social media presence. He needs absolute authority and he never had that at United, which is why people like Pogba could play the dickhead. Or maybe why Lukaku is so fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    Poch keeps getting mentioned but seriously, why would you swap jobs given the difference in both clubs?
    He takes the team with him, and even if he doesn't, it's just a tier above in terms of job.

At the same time, it's a thankless task and the allure of being the one to restore former glory can be somewhat of a poisoned chalice.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man Utd manager is an impossible job now. The fanbase expects consistent major trophies won with attacking verve, but the club is run by American asset strippers and their pugdog wannabe. Meanwhile the best manager ever is breathing down your neck from the stands, silently telling you that you are not worthy, and the best manager of the present day runs a far better-resourced outfit down the road.

No one in their right mind would take it on except for the salary.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    am so fuckin moist right now

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You've hit the nail on the head with Uniteds transfer policy. Maybe if they signed footballers instead of likes then it wouldn't have got so out of hand.

I don't anticipate much changing so whoever comes in next will probably go the same route as Moyes, LvG and now Mourinho. Good decision to get rid though, it seemed like they never would.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The least united fans expect (as newly appointed spokesman) is the team to try. We've been phoning it in for months. The next manager will be given time and as long as they coach the team, then they'll do ok as there is talent there.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post

Pogba posted this then instantly deleted it.
    It was a scheduled Adidas advert. Just had been scheduled for an unfortunate time.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it. Pretty funny though.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also anyone who thinks Pogba is rubbish is a gombine. He's a creative player trying to create for a side completely devoid of attacking movement or intent. It's an impossible task. He made about a billion chances for Ibra when he was there and he always looks much better in those games where we were losing in the last ten minutes and the players seemingly decided to just do what they want.

Also think he's pretty likeable; he just hated Mourinho and with good reason quite frankly.

The first-team is much better than people are giving credit for; the management was genuinely horrendous.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Smiffy, if Messi played for United he'd be shite.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The constant rotation was one of the worst things. Any time a player had a bad game (other than his favourites i.e. Matic) they immediately got dropped and frozen out.

No chance for the team to build any consistency or chemistry when the players are constantly in and out of the team. Also no chance for players to build confidence because as soon as they come in they get dropped again.

Things like a settled centre back pairing are so important and it just never happened, and not just because of injuries.

Given a consistent run under good management I firmly believe a team of De Gea, Valencia/Dalot, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw, Matic, Fred, Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial is a very strong one. Probably need to add properly world class player to make them contenders for the league but they should not be languishing as they are.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there's the making of a good team in there. A real manager will start to sort their fitness out.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank fuck.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    It's Smiffy, if Messi played for United he'd be shite.
    Far from it. I base my opinion on the fact that the world's most expensive midfielder wasn't it? has done absolutely nothing in his time there nor has he threatened to do so. I also find his off field antics to be nothing short of contempt and even if he was Messi I wouldn't stand for it at my club.

Lingard is another. At his age he really should know better but no, he's a joke and he'd have bombed out of the Manchester United we all had to watch growing up in a heart beat. So would Pogba.

There is talent in the United squad but talent isn't all you need to succeed. You can be the most talented in the world but if you don't apply yourself in the right manner then it's not talent that's going to be seen all too often. United have maybe five players in the entire squad that you could call talented. For me that's De Gea, Rashford, Martial, Mata and at a push, first season Bailly.

You could sack everyone else off and replace them with better very easily. Still relying on a failed winger come right back like Young, still persisting with FEC or even Fellaini and the like says it all really. That's before you get to the expensive flops that your average fan saw coming, IE, Lukaku being a flat track bully etc.

You won't convince me Pogba is anything special until he starts doing it on the pitch. It's been a long wait so far. An expensive one too.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Given a consistent run under good management I firmly believe a team of De Gea, Valencia/Dalot, Bailly, Lindelof, Shaw, Matic, Fred, Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial is a very strong one. Probably need to add properly world class player to make them contenders for the league but they should not be languishing as they are.
    Good, old/unproven, rash, unproven, decent (but injury/fatness prone), old and shite, no idea, quality on his day, has been, tier-2 at best, hot-and-cold.

Now, I know what you are getting at, but the reality is that United's side/squad is probably around the 5th or 6th best in the league.

It'll be interesting to see what happens if the next coach departs from the crab football they've played for the last however many years it is since Fergie left.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing you want Trent out ya club for trying to slay a pregnant, taken woman during the summer then? Pogba was superb in the summer at the World Cup, the team currently plays with zero attacking ability and as such he's stunted. That first season he was incredible with Ibra.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What has Trent got to do with Pogba and more importantly, why bring Liverpool into it? He also didn't cost a club record fee, a world record fee at the time. If you spend that money then you expect the player to lift everyone's performances, to lead by example, to grab a game by the scruff of the neck. You can't argue that whether it's right or wrong, Pogba has done more harm than good at United. He's hidden more than he's turned up and his focus is on anything except football.

Pogba was alright at the World Cup but superb? He looked better by default of being surrounded by better players and the tournament being just a short one.

There's clearly talent in Pogba but he's 26 in a few months time and if you haven't sussed things out by now then I don't hold much hope for him. Talent isn't his problem, he's got that, it's his application to the game. He's just nowhere near where he should be.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's Lingard been doing to draw ire anyway? Is this about his clothes label or whatever it was Keane was doing his nut about the other day? Hardly the biggest crime. I've never really understood him as a player, but he does have an uncanny knack to be in the right place at the right time despite ostensibly not really being that good.