It's been a quiet old summer really. The board gave me a generous £2.4m to spend. However as I've found. Aside from loaning either young, or out of favour players on low wages, it's been tricky to add.
I've only just been able to afford proper scouts and by this time, most of the regens are all being tracked by the big boys. I nearly had a steal of a young goalkeeper for about £1m but Porto turned up and got him at the last minute.
Add in that no one really fancies us yet. Makes it tricky.

Still there's 2 pieces of big news. Firstly:

I don't know if this is permanent, or just because of who went down last year. Either way it cuts 4 games off the season.

But the bigger news is we've knocked Celtic out and gone into the group stages of the Champions League. That win was worth £13m which is more than double we had in our bank. The bad news is we've drawn Atletico, Shakthar and Benfica. We'll get a pasting, but it'll be worth it for the money. However it's £800k for a draw and £2.4m for any win.
Trying to pick on some complacency could land us some valuable cash.

Coming in, we loaned Van der Heide from United and Max Olivera(left back) from Fiorentina, for the cost of their wages. We also extended Curtis Jones for the season and got Matt Smith from City for free, no wage or fee. However Smith right after the CL draw has broken his leg and is all but useless to us now.
Then we got our steal of the window. Goalkeeper Andre Ferreira joins for a low £325k and will be our new keeper. Lastly we arranged one for the future in this guy:

He'll cost us £1m, but he does come with a problem I've noted a lot. All of the agents are sticking in low release clauses.

This guy has a £3m one and I hope to negotiate that away as soon as I can.