Page 85 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795135 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,250 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weekend League extended again.

I can't remember if I redeemed or not, but not looking forward to what I've seen from Twitter so far.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a pain today, pretty heavy. But, I'm glad of the extension as I can watch 6N and Arsenal and not neglect the GF totally without compromising the finish hopefully.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yuck, some fucking people. Met a tiki taka cunt, the type that took more than one touch only in his own half, and timewasted with one touches as soon as he took the lead off a kick off goal. You just can't win the ball if they one touch it over and over.

7-5 now, not a good start but Saturday is always a slog for me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny how we all see to favour different days.

Friday and Sunday are always a bit shit for me (Friday in particular) with Saturday my best day. I always kick myself for not playing more on Saturday.

Although I am enjoying the weekend off this go.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't bother either. I think 1 in 3 weekends is a nice amount to manage, anything more and I start to hate it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Checked and I must have redeemed out of habit.

Champs gameplay feels a little off. It's heavy as to be expected, but my and my opponents players are taking some touches that almost feel like new animations. Passing also feels a lot better in certain situations, but worse in others.

I've started 5-0 but I'm wary of how this will go. I've also brought Hazard back in to play as a CAM and moved Ronaldo out left. I feel like it's best all around. However I'm starting to very much feel like I'm forcing Raul in now.

It does bring me onto my next point though. Moving Ronny out there has allowed this to become a thing:

https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sniper-wol...video/68591394

That's the new 87 Lala he's beaten easily there too. That was far too easy and bar moving out of position with his left back, he could do nothing to stop that.

So far it's been very obvious who was reliant on those finesse shots pre-patch. The last game was a struggle. I came up against a possession player who went 1-0 up early. Managed to nab the ball of him in his half the once for a quick counter goal, but I got lucky to score from a corner at the end to nick it with 41% possession.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't been online yet, but have been playing a load of legendary squad battles today and yesterday and have to say this patch is a big improvement.

Took a while to get used to it, but not relying on timed finesses makes the game much more enjoyable. I'm scoring a variety of goals and probably even more than I was before the patch.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After playing a bit more I'd agree. A long shot should never be a guarantee. I seem to be playing much better and more fluid football.

I'm now 9-2. I was motoring along nicely until I ran into an equally good opponent. It was a very open, end to end affair but neither of us could finish our dinner. 2-2 we went into extra time and he put in a shocking cross towards the end of the first half, however instead of clearing it away like I asked, Van Dijk chested the ball, which ballooned off him and right into his Griezmann who was suddenly presented with a 1v1. He scored and after a formation switch so did I. The frustrating part was I broke through and had a chance in the 117th minute. An across goal pass to Aubameyang was played. I thought I'd nicked it, only to have him smash it right back at the corner flag. I went on to lose on pens.
    Then in the game straight after my opponent immediately switched to a 3-4-2-1. Again this was end to end. However at 4-4 I had a cut back at point blank range saved. Think Dudek in the CL Final 2005 style. My opponent went straight up the other end and created a chance. I moved my De Gea correctly but in his save animation he saved it twice in one go. The first one knocked it up into the air and the 2nd saw his hands, which were still moving up, knock the ball and send it back into the net.

On another day I'd be 11-0 but I've taken a break now. I may go again tomorrow but I'm out from tomorrow evening until Monday evening so there's not a lot of play time left for me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a few changes to my custom tactics and line up, but it does feel like my players are moving much better than they ever have in this game. It's also easier to score from angles in the box, which is very welcome.

This is the line-up, which changes to a 4-3-2-1 or 3-5-2 in game, but throughout the squad battles run over the last couple of days I've almost exclusively used the 3-5-2.

Just over 1.5m in hand and probably a 200k of players to sell and a shit load of consumables, but I'm a bit bored of the trading side of this now. Elite 1 is all but secured in Squad Battles, so I might sell a few things and have a go for one of the cheap icons tomorrow, but again, not sure I can be arsed.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finding goals hard to come by today, but due to something they're supposed to have nerfed - Keeper movement. Simply put, I cannot work my arse off to create chances and then shoot away from the keeper when the opponent stick them in a spot they don't even have to dive from.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking hell. Packed Baresi 91 rated. That's my third icon this game
    Last edited by Trancemeister; 03-02-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Finding goals hard to come by today, but due to something they're supposed to have nerfed - Keeper movement. Simply put, I cannot work my arse off to create chances and then shoot away from the keeper when the opponent stick them in a spot they don't even have to dive from.
    Is there an argument to say that that feature should be binned entirely? I might play 20 games and focus on nothing but moving the keeper if it's that overpowered.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Is there an argument to say that that feature should be binned entirely? I might play 20 games and focus on nothing but moving the keeper if it's that overpowered.
    My personal objection is, that like the outside of the box finesse, or skill spamming in older fifa's, it leads to completely stupid things to do in real football becoming a good idea - moving the keeper right over to one side as you know it's the natural place for the shooter to aim for. So yeah, I'd bin it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd agree it needs to go completely. If timed finesse from outside the box is all but dead then the thing that countered it should go too. I will say though that my favourite goal to score is now a free kick where my opponent moves his keeper on my run up, only to see me power free kick it into the side he was just stood.

I'm 18-8 now. I've had 2 disconnects(winning one, drawing the other) and pretty much every game today could have gone either way. On balance I'd say if I were to finish on 20 wins it would be fair. I'm having to rush to get these games in though and it is showing. Not playing very well today.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of moving the keeper at set pieces. Thats where it should end.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I like the idea of moving the keeper at set pieces. Thats where it should end.
    Agreed. Works for near post spam, itself another broken area - the hardest of angles IRL being the easiest in-game.

12-9 for me after some awful games today. I'll likely finish Gold 2.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got disconnected from 2 more games. The game would start okay but then it would skip and I'd have speed up lag and then about 15 minutes in it kicked me, both times.
    I reset my connection to be sure it wasn't me, but the next game same again. I got really really lucky in this one as I scored with my first attack causing my opponent to quit.
    I reset again and still the same, but luckily my opponent was a bit shit. Managed to grind out 2 first half goals and he quit at half time.

20-10. Don't like it but given the connection issues(I assume this is why we got extended) I'm more than willing to take it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flashback 87 Leighton Baines has been released. Around 160K to complete with two packs back.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.bark.com/en/gb/services/fut-trader/

You can now hire a PRO TRADER via Bark for £8 an hour.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gents, if you were mad enough to attempt a game of this without using the transfer market to buy anything, how would you go about it?

I have my own ideas, but curious to hear your thoughts.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packs openings?
    Sbc?

That sounds like a nightmare

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I packed a headliner \0/.

Only Sommer who is worth fuck all but I'll take it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Gents, if you were mad enough to attempt a game of this without using the transfer market to buy anything, how would you go about it?

I have my own ideas, but curious to hear your thoughts.
    Been out since Sunday afternoon so didn't see this.

I'd say the way Nepenthez does it is the only way this would work, without some luck. If you limit yourself to only pack pulls and not SBCs you're going to need to grind a lot(Champs, Rivals and Squad Battles) and that'll burn you out quite quickly if you don't see some luck on your side.

The way he does it, coins are almost irrelevant to him. They only matter once there's an SBC or upgrade packs he wants to do but because he's not spending any otherwise, they'll build up pretty quickly.

I'd say go first owner.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tempted by the Hunteelar. A quite nice Ajax/Eredivisie team coming along.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Been out since Sunday afternoon so didn't see this.

I'd say the way Nepenthez does it is the only way this would work, without some luck. If you limit yourself to only pack pulls and not SBCs you're going to need to grind a lot(Champs, Rivals and Squad Battles) and that'll burn you out quite quickly if you don't see some luck on your side.

The way he does it, coins are almost irrelevant to him. They only matter once there's an SBC or upgrade packs he wants to do but because he's not spending any otherwise, they'll build up pretty quickly.

I'd say go first owner.
    The problem with first owner is that it's too easy to make coins in the transfer market and I'll just end up with an amazing team by Christmas again through all the SBC's EA put on and being able to do all of the league SBC's. I really want something where I'm a) grinding all year to get a super team b) have that connection you can only get with players when they're pack pulled/you have to really work for them and c) I'm spending less time in the menu's and less time playing the game full stop.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 04-02-2019 at 07:00 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not to be a dick or anything but you seem to find something to hate about whatever path you take.

I guess you just have to stroll down the one which gives you the most enjoyment despite the negatives.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and The Hunter

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offence taken and probably a fair comment.

I enjoy the grind in games and lose interest when I reach a level where I have the best shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Use multiple accounts and change after you've reached that level?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about some kinda level-based challenge? E.g. you start with a Bronze squad, play n games, upgrade to Silver squad, play n games, then an 80-rated squad, 81/2/3 etc.

The other thing I think people do on this game is miss out on playing with weird and wonderful players (although you don't do that as much, Yev).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had to pay about 50k or so but I did get Parejo and Verratti from the Prime Gold players pack so, with the other stuff from the two packs, I have done THE HUNTER for profit.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have found enjoyment from focusing on actually getting better at the game rather than chasing players. I am currently picking one thing and focusing on it for a period of time until I am comfortable with it.

The last few sessions I have been trying to get used to performing the ball roll. I always see the pro players use it to good effect but it has never felt natural to me.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Hunter

Glorious stuff, look how far the ball bounces out too. POWER HEADER.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Use multiple accounts and change after you've reached that level?
    I'm sort of doing that at the moment, with that pack only account I started a couple of weeks ago. Only played about 10 games on the account, but it was going back to it yesterday that made me think more about doing a genuine pack only account as the main one when FIFA20 comes out. For me, the transfer market just makes the game far too easy and is a massive time sink. Using it you can cherry pick which SBC's you do, which therefore means you can't possibly lose coins on them and everything just comes so easily as a result.

Imagine a world where Futswap cards, red picks, low end IFs, etc. might actually be useful? A world where all chemistry styles can be used? A world where opening silver packs has a purpose as you hunt down cards you need for SBC's? It just sounds great to me. A proper grind, that if done in the right way, with a bit of luck, might see a top end player joining the team that evokes the sort of feeling when your real life team landed a huge signing.

Anyway, this is the shit I have cobbled together so far. 12 games played on a fresh Xbox profile, with nothing purchased from the market.

Just played two games online of the 5 needed to place in division rivals. First game was against a team with FFS, Flashback etc. players and narrowly lost 2-1. The second was against a team with red reward cards in it and I lost 4-1, with Sterling getting a consolation, but the game disconnected in the 91st minute and while I got the coins the game didn't count as 1 of the 5 matches. Grrr.

Still, enjoying this shit a lot so far.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played a fair amount tonight on Weekend League, and probably had my best weekend in terms of performance. Got to Silver 1 with a record of 11-6, and I was contemplating pushing on for 3 more wins, but with it being fairly late I will leave it there. I felt much better this weekend, closing out tight games, winning a couple in extra time, and a penalty win just now to seal Silver 1.

Grey Fox, the recommendation of Griezmann has been brilliant. He's played 55 games for me, all Weekend League, with 59 goals and 29 assists. Seriously fun to play with too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's something about Griezmann this year. I've struggled with him in past games, but this year he's bloody brilliant.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was a staple of my early teams and I'm actually considering a switch around to try and bring him back in(his 91 version anyway). Always seems to be in the right place too.

I also noted in my WL run there seemed to be a lot of variance in formation. Most notably the most difficult one I faced was 4-4-2. It seemed to throw a blanket over my 4-2-3-1. I had a lot of success late last year using it myself and given you don't need to clog the middle any more I'm tempted to give it a run.

It may also solve my Raul/CR7 problem. CR7 kills it up front, but my usual 1 striker set up means he or Raul has to play wide and it's a waste for either one of them.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just played two rivals matches as I want at least rank III rewards having not done WL.

Two 3-0 wins with both of them not finishing due to rage quits.

Should only need another 1 or 2 to get it and I'm only 52 points away from reaching division 4.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm hoping we get some big boy Icons soon. I mean Nakata and Owen are good and all but we need someone huge.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butragueno was not who I had in mind...

There's also a free pack waiting for you all. The more days you have logged on to FIFA the better pack you get. You can get an Ultimate pack for the most activity.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got ultimate. 132 days of activity.

Will open when I get home so I can be excited for my walkout Pele (as if)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently you could only get the Ultimate pack if you had started playing before the official release date. Nice one, EA.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Butragueno would have been amazing before the patch.

A 5 foot 6 ST now though? Meh.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I didn't get a free pack.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got ultimate. Lovely. May do another cheap icon tonight and enjoy a mega pack opening as I think I need a fifth Icon as I’m planning on making Gullit my Icon so I that can fit in Future de Ligt or any TOTS he may get as an upgrade on Ramos, but also want enough to do Ronaldinho for the LW spot.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kane, Koukibaly, IF Wendt, Allison and 4 83+ in my ultimate pack

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a pack only game it's this sort of thing that would be genuinely immense.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prime gold players pack? Piss right off. Nothing in it either.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently some people got more than 1 pack.