0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    How much was he?
    20k.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Danny, that sort of stuff is very welcome advice.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try it with the defenders in space to get a feel how it works, then progress to moving forward with it. I find myself forgetting to use it when under pressure but it can open up so much room, especially on the edge of the box for a timed finesse.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    20k.
    SBC incoming tonight then? I've got loads of 83s and 84s to use for it so I'll have a look.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try it with the defenders in space to get a feel how it works, then progress to moving forward with it. I find myself forgetting to use it when under pressure but it can open up so much room, especially on the edge of the box for a timed finesse.
    I've seen Nepenthez use it loads, but I have a weird mental block/confidence issue when it comes to skill moves. It's really odd.

I'll watch the vid and see how we go.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People on Reddit are thinking so. For 20k it was worth a look. Especially with the coin balance I (or we since I see you are closing in on 1m) have.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying out 451 as well after a poor run this morning, struggling to find space against deep defences and compromising myself when moving the full backs up by going attacking.

2 games, 5 goals, 2 wins. It also means fitting in IF Hulk, and pushing Anderson up alongside him as well as giving Firmino a go. All three look good. To complete the two squads for next weekend I’ll need another 250k or so as at the moment I’m making do with NIF Felipe Anderson in both sides, when I’d prefer his IF in one and Sane in the other, though also entertaining the notion of selling up a whole bunch of players and going balls deep for Hazard.

One complaint is the CAMs switching with the wingers so much. But shit, that.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Nepenthez use it loads, but I have a weird mental block/confidence issue when it comes to skill moves. It's really odd.

I'll watch the vid and see how we go.
    Yeah it was from watching the streamers do it that I realized it had to be included in my game play. I am still trying to add La Croqueta but we arent there yet

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at these scream cards, I'd like to buy one I might at least get some use out of, but they either don't fit into my team or are absolutely tragic.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at these scream cards, I'd like to buy one I might at least get some use out of, but they either don't fit into my team or are absolutely tragic.
    Mandzukic and Busquets looks decent right now. Forsberg doesnt look bad either but his 90 defending has 46 stand tackle....

Nothing too special outside them and I am not sure how random boosts will help most of the others either.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went for Ochoa at 15k in the hope I'll be able to whack him in(to the SBC) and still maintain chemistry.

I'll literally only be doing this SBC because I can though, which really isn't the right move, but hey ho.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That video is great Danny.

Looks like it's useful against high pressing wankers too.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really is, like I said you can exit in multiple directions too. Sometimes I often do the dragback but go forward (from where I came from) to avoid a tackle.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So many times in that first half I'm thinking "do the drag back".

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking it while watching.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One more win should secure Elite 2, which is all I wanted to play to this week (and feel so much better for it), but I've enough games left to actually hit Elite 1.

Grr, this bastard drags you in so easily.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking it while watching.
    I think it's the fact I need to not be sprinting that makes it so much harder. Which is my own fault, because my finger is never more than half a second from the sprint button.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I'm enjoying Toni Kroos in the side. I mean he's not worth keeping ahead of the 100k or so I'll eventually be able to get for him, but his 5 star weak foot is a joy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's the fact I need to not be sprinting that makes it so much harder. Which is my own fault, because my finger is never more than half a second from the sprint button.
    Thats what happens to me when a game gets frenzied and messy. I end up forgetting to slow down.

Oh and I'm enjoying Toni Kroos in the side. I mean he's not worth keeping ahead of the 100k or so I'll eventually be able to get for him, but his 5 star weak foot is a joy.
    Is he up that high? I guess his pace boost this year will make him more valuable than the last few years. Who would you be looking to get in there instead? If he is that good, might be worth just keeping.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's at 72k now, but I imagine he'll hit 100k when an SBC that needs a 90+ is released.

That said, I only paid 43,500 for him so it's tempting to sell today.

I'd just whack Renato Sanches back in the side if I did bin him off.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Untradeble Scream Bastian Schweinsteiger

Min 3 Germany
    Min 3 MLS
    83 Rating
    80 Chem

No scream requirement (yet imo)

I managed to nab one Schweinsteiger for 6k. So should make easy money on him

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The end of that game where I nearly spunked a 3-0 lead shows how shit the match engine in single player is this year. The horrific defensive approach from the AI meant I could knock it round the back for 3 minutes under no pressure whatsoever, despite the opponent having clawed back to 2-3 and having nothing whatsoever to lose.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have EA run mad? That card is so disgustingly bad, what's the point?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. I had a game last week I was trying to squeeze in before the SB deadline, I scored early and walked back and forth across my box for 70 minutes.

Have EA run mad? That card is so disgustingly bad, what's the point?
    Yeah thats mad. I wont be touching it but people love him/MLS teams.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This might just be the worst promo they've ever done.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got your fullback on stay back Yev? With IF Meunier and Guerreiro being your full backs I would have thought you had them getting forward.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got your fullback on stay back Yev? With IF Meunier and Guerreiro being your full backs I would have thought you had them getting forward.
    The plan was to do so as I did in FIFA18 and loved it. Scored a fuckload of goals with Florenzi and Bale overlapping, which is why I went for Meunier and Guerrero. Sadly, if I do that I get absolutely molested online and touched up in Squad Battles, so I've told them to stay back. It's not as fun, but I win so much more.

Those last two games were like wading through treacle. I don't know exactly how many Squad Battles games I can cope with in a week against this turgid engine, but I think it was about 5 too many this week (which is much better than previous). Still Elite 2 is done, so that'll be 5 packs to open in the morning and 1 million coins hit if that random Belgian league IF sells.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair enough. I play 4-3-2-1 and have mine on 'balanced attack' and 'overlap'.

Well I just took a loss to the crap team as my internet dropped in the middle of the game

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scream Koke and Blind next. Diego Costa also a scream card, but no mention of how he’ll be obtained - Sqaud Battles maybe?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Costa is in packs, no?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is he? My bad.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its all good! Looks like he is on the market right now for around 140k on both consoles.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s probably not a terrible deal. He’s one I would be interested in.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had my late push for Elite 3 in Squad Battles halted with 2 dreadful losses.

Game 1 - Struggle to break down a very good team, albeit with awful chemistry. Pull back to 1-1 with a late header, then proceed to hit the post twice in extra time. Get an early advantage in the shoot-out, but then have 3 penalties saved.

Game 2 - Know that I need to win my remaining games well to get into Elite 3, but come up against a real god squad playing 4-2-4. Nothing I do makes a lick of difference, and I'm 2-0 down by half time. 3 minutes into the second half, my De Vrij is sent off for an innocuous challenge 40 yards out, the resulting free kick is volleyed in from the edge of the box. I decide to cut my losses and forfeit.

Next week I have to make sure I'm not so invested in Squad Battles, I've had to take a short break to alleviate my annoyance.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squad battles this year seems less worth it. The prizes seem to have taken a fair knock down and there's no legendary "trick" this year either.

I think I've slowly "got" it now. However my finishing still needs work. I seem to be in control of 7/8 of 10 games, however I just can't cut out those counter attack goals. The big annoyance is that I'm not leaving open space in behind, nor am I allowing people into the box easily, rather they counter to just about the edge of the D and then unleash one into the top corner.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used scream Mings for one SB game with my rotation side and he was actually kinda fun. With his current skills and a sentinel chem style he isnt half bad. Not a 20k left back but still.

I didnt realize he was 6' 5". He is a beast.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Qualified for my first-weekend league. I want to to reach gold3 3 at a minimum which should qualify me for the next weekend league.

SB is dead too me now. Unless there is a tactic to beat legendary consistently. Im done grinding it out. I can get to gold 3 with only a handful of games.

Also played with scary deeney and he isnt that bad. Super strongyp protect the ball.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used scream Mings for one SB game with my rotation side and he was actually kinda fun. With his current skills and a sentinel chem style he isnt half bad. Not a 20k left back but still.

I didnt realize he was 6' 5". He is a beast.
    Neither did I, I’m all over that as a result.

Rewards came in and I packed a couple of IFs which was better than last week. Hit the 1m mark and now sit at 1,012k. Need to spend some serious time buying up leagues and high rated but cheap players, but the games just keep coming thick and fast.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for squad battles Something clicked last week and I’m now winning around 80% of my games on Legendary, which means at current run rates I need to play about 20 games a week to hit Elite 2, which I think I can just about stomach.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im enjoying online divisions at the moment. My whole game plan is to frustrate my opponent by refusing to close down the ball unless you are on my 18 yard box. My whole team including the strikers are set to 'come back on defence'

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packed an Iniesta last night in my SB rewards - didn't realise he was still a walkout and 87 rated.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Im enjoying online divisions at the moment. My whole game plan is to frustrate my opponent by refusing to close down the ball unless you are on my 18 yard box. My whole team including the strikers are set to 'come back on defence'
    Yep, that’s what I’m doing. Works a treat and is a beautiful thing when pulled off against a high pressing wanker.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just realised I have a wedding this weekend. I think I have already renewed my FUT champs which means I have one less day to do it.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Scream Koke and Blind next. Diego Costa also a scream card, but no mention of how he’ll be obtained - Sqaud Battles maybe?

Koke looks good. I imagine he will be the SBC

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Just realised I have a wedding this weekend. I think I have already renewed my FUT champs which means I have one less day to do it.
    You only need to make it to Silver 1(11 wins) in order to get enough points to qualify again.

I'm planning on it myself, even though it's the worse of my weekend rotations with work.

I also haven't touched DR since Saturday. Logged in about 2am to claim my weekly pre-order back and I was still just in Rank 1. So may give it a bash over the next day or 2 and see if I can stay there.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m looking at Gary Lineker. The H/L work rates could make him a dream.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which one? 529k for the baby isn’t bad at all, not likely to drop too much either.

I actually bought 86 Keane this morning for 475. He had been up and over 500k all weekend so figured I would get in. Might even flip him at EOW if he goes back up.

Edit: Ruud might be another HL option.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, was looking at the baby one. Broad idea is that I’d like to bring Mbappe and Neymar in and need an icon to keep the chemistry up I think, albeit haven’t checked yet.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does chemistry work for icons? Only links with country and other icons?

Been bronze packing for a couple hours today at work. Seems like a no brainer now with those scream SBC bronzes. Packed a couple of them but I'd have broken even anyway whilst adding a fuck load of bronze players into the club that I have no room to sell. I'll hang onto the Ligue 1/Bundesliga ones in case they're useful for the league SBC.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They link to all players. They get green/strong links to players of the same nation and weak/orange links to everyone else.