41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is bonkers

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So after having the steams open we finally got to dropping the Icons and then they said there'd only be 5 Icons per streamer. Given each guy had 30k+ viewers I knew it was dead in the water.

Turns out it was exactly as expected. I opened my Champs rewards and managed to get Skriniar and Costa and nothing else. All the hype has kinda deflated.

Gerrard looks to be 1.3m, which isn't too bad. David Villa is about 170k, but I probably wont do that one. Timo Werner is 430k and looks very good, but is he the best one to go for.

All in all again the players you want are way too expensive. Bale looks godly but 2m? Nah. As a Liverpool fan Gerrard is a big temptation for me, but I'll be doing his loan first to see how he plays.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking through now I'm distinctly underwhelmed.

The objectives are tedious and realistically what am I going to do with a CB Ibrahimovic that I can't link and who can't really defend? I also can't use any of my MLS Flashback players to get him, so frankly I have better things to do in life than spend hours grinding that and not having fun just to put him in an SBC. Gerrard is crap for a Prime Moments Icon (and I make you right Fox that we're going to be in April before the big guns land which I not likey) and the player SBC's aren't that appealing.

The Mega Pack FUT09 SBC is nice, but the pack weight is so low. 3% chance of a FUT Birthday player from an Ultimate pack, so I could see myself opening the 120 packs I have and not pulling a single one. But given that this is probably the last promo before TOTS I may hammer through them all next weekend on stream.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need to give all special cards Icon based links and I'd be all over this stuff.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is a great idea.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have it so special cards soft link to everyone and Icon cards strong link to everyone.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This year has confirmed to me how EA think.

I've mentioned it before but there is a team improvement curve that the vast majority are stuck to. They want your team and coins to progress along this curve as the game goes on so that when a promo like this arrives, you're mostly looking at players that you want in your team. This will then lead you to getting involved.

The outliers to this curve are either people who have had disgustingly good pack luck as I have this year, or people like Yev who save pack mountains for the right promo.

We get the Icons they want us to have. For example, I can guarantee if I noted down the teams I faced this weekend, any Icon I see will be from an SBC we've already had in December. You see a lot of Ballack, Raul and Rijkaard. Crespo, Nedved and Butragueno too.
    I can honestly say I've never faced Ronaldinho. I've faced R9 a total of 3 times. Pele maybe twice. You get the point. This is coming from a guy approaching a thousand games online. They don't want people who don't put thousands into the game to get a massively better team/players than the rest.

We're all on that curve and it's leading us right to TOTS. When TOTS hits or just before we'll get the top Icons, but then you'll be coming up against others on the same curve.

It's a bit annoying but the way to break it is to not play their SBC game keep your coins and don't fall into it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The in game stats for the major position change players are dogshit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to do a quick single player draft to play tomorrow:

I imagine that Van Dijk will be horseshit but I finally get to use TOTY Ronaldo and prime Eusebio (I'll probably start with Salah up top and then swap him and Eusebio with VVD coming on late).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think VVD is going to feel like a bus.

Just hit 45k in Squad Battles, so that should be Elite 1 done for the week, which is nice as I'm away until Sunday now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His in game stats are horrific.

His only use will be coming on late and getting on the end of crosses. Coming in at 510k right now which is laughable for someone so limited.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets be real here. Regardless of ehat team you have, it makes little diffetence do your overall rank. First WL i played, i finished gold one and 27 weekend leagues later with TOTY KBD and a gold Ronaldo, im still finishing gold 1. If i come acrosd a player better than me, he can use any card below 83, and i will lose.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went and got OP Lothar via the SBC, along with LW Mbappe and RW Griezmann and replacing Marcelo with FS Mendy. The end goal is 88 Vieira in for Kondogbia, which as I have 890k left and still around 2000 players, is something I could probably do now, and then eventually I’ll aim to upgrade Cavani to any TOTS he might get if higher rated, along with bringing back TOTY Marcelo in the long, long term.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Lets be real here. Regardless of ehat team you have, it makes little diffetence do your overall rank. First WL i played, i finished gold one and 27 weekend leagues later with TOTY KBD and a gold Ronaldo, im still finishing gold 1. If i come acrosd a player better than me, he can use any card below 83, and i will lose.

And during those 27 weekend leagues, your opposition also upgraded their teams, never mind that a lot of the weaker players stopped playing.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The value of that VVD will be in pulling him back to CDM.

The CAM Douglas Costa interests me greatly.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Brandt because he was closing in on 100k.

https://www.futbin.com//19/squad/6287722

Probably going to get Alaba to run that for some fun games. Zuber and Ziyech will be on 7 chem.

Packed IF De Vrij to offset about 25% of the cost.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good shout Danny, Brandt is tons of fun to play with. Seriously good all round.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Vidal looks fucking quality.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can get him in on full chem to replace Kondogbia (who is on 8) too. I’d rather he had M/H, but it’d be a bit saving on Vieira and leave me a good 800k left over.

Griezmann RW makes me wish I’d done FB Juanfran at the time.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely no way for me to use him, so I wont be getting involved but that card looks very good.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dont do cards that dont fit your team. Ive done zlatan, tevez and mendy and none of them ever make starts. Bench warmers.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't remember when I last pulled something higher than 84.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very first shot I hit with Gerrard on his debut.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn’t apply a chem style but he felt somewhat clunky for me. He scored with his first tough too though

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does he feel like he's playing on ice?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No but his dynamic image has been updated

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd ban you if I could.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I knew I shouldn’t but I laughed at lot when I saw it on Reddit. I figured it was going to be and actual update/funny glitch

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He does feel clunky and noticeably slow. Even in the just 2 games I've used him.

However going forward his passing is spectacular and he will score if left unattended inside 25 yards. His positioning seems great too, always ready to receive the ball. Were this released in the back end of 2018 I'd do it no questions asked. But in a little over a month we'll be in May and everyone will have TOTS cards that will blast past him.

One thing I do dislike about these Icons is you don't get a significant enough discount for the Icon submission. It should be 50%+ of the requirement considering you're putting in 1m+ to most Icons.

Still, I now line up like so:

I changed it from the 4-5-1 as if you're not the home team your opponent can catch your team in mid-shift to what you want to play. It also has everyone in almost the right place for my kick offs.

My issue is I feel like I've not upgraded in a long time. Other than Arias, Messi, Mbappe and Neymar, the rest are on 300 games played for me or more and the only reason Mbappe and Neymar aren't is because they've been bought and sold at times.

I'd like to upgrade the full backs. But I'm a little cornered in by who I can afford. I've 450k to hand and a fair wad of high rated untradeables I'd happily shove into an SBC.
    The good thing for me is my LW, RW and CAM spots are completely interchangeable thanks to the Icons. I could play anyone in those positions. I've been really looking at that Werner because of this.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tempted to trade in a couple of icons for Ultimate packs via the OP Icon SBCs. It seems clear that EA have picked up on people hoarding Icons, expecting more needed for the OP ones, and instead are running with this multiple 89/90 requirements instead. I have 4 stored - Baresi (never played), Keane (will never play again, hasn’t since Xmas), Nesta and Campbell (both in B team playing 3 or 4 games a week and will be kept doing that until they go into the last Icon I want (if I can afford it otherwise).

It’s annoying. I’ve got 2.5m worth of Icons there and wish I’d kept the coins now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely snide the way they gave the impression Icons were a big part of other Icon SBCs. At the time I didn't do them because I thought Icons would drop in price, thus leading to future SBCs being cheaper, but they've properly turned the screw on people who did them.

Tonights offering should be interesting. They've shown so far that they like to price these SBCs about 200-400k or so below the price of one on the market. Given I'm 99% sure we're not getting R9, R10, Vieira, Pele, Maradonna, Gullit, Cruyff, Maldini, or Eusebio until TOTS hits, it leaves some interesting options. I'm not including Henry with those as even though I'd put him here, I don't believe EA see him as the same. Other than that we have the following:

Blanc
    Best
    Roberto Carlos
    Henry
    Lineker
    Van Basten
    Rivaldo
    Figo
    Yashin
    ----------------
    Deco
    Hernandez
    Inzaghi
    Laudrup
    Lehmann
    Litmanen
    Moore
    Schmeichel
    Scholes
    Shearer

At the time of typing, all above the line are on the market over 1m, whereas the ones below the line are below. Some considerably so. This is significant because we are now getting to the position where the Icon coming is going to be good value, or is going to be able to get in your team. It does however show we still have a little bit of shit to get out of the way.
    As good as the likes of Scholes or Inzaghi etc were in real life, they don't translate well into game. I reckon we see Moore or Blanc tonight.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We get Figo and a decent looking priced CAM Willian.

Big news is we get an 80+ rare gold 3 player pick upgrade SBC. I've done about 10. Hamsik, Zlatan, Miranda, 2 IFs and a couple 83s.

I'm really well set to do an Icon in the 1-1.5m range now and these birthday SBCs are looking very tempting. Especially Werner.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did the SBC and pulled that Utrecht CB thats going for like 16k

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Figo upgrade is a disgrace again.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    That Figo upgrade is a disgrace again.
    Like wtf. How is it even logical to put that SBC out?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 86-88 ratings can fuck off. How is the upgrade more expensive. SMH

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's calmed down a bit, but the standard is 1.4m from scratch. The upgrade way is 1m almost bang on, so you are saving technically. But fuck me you're asking someone to pay 1 million coins to put the card up by 1 rating.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight has been mental. Started 10-2 at 10ish, and have faced nothing but god tier Elite types, all playing low depth but constant pressure, with red Messi's and Ronaldo's all over the shop. I've won 1 in 5 since.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As i have Figo, i wouldnt exspected to put more than 300k more

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bowing out at 14-2 after a weekend of sick kids at home.

I ended up completing Werner for the cost of 1 86 Kimmich. The rest was in the club already.

He's a hell of a lot of fun. I am noticing the lack of 4* skills, but he makes up for it by being so clinical. In the just 4 games I've used him he's scored 7 goals, including some from stupid angles.

He also beats Gerrard on fastest goal in both ways. Gerrard took a touch with his, yet Werners first goal for the club came with his first touch inside a minute.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what they are doing with the upgrades actually. The prime needs to drop in price drasticlly. But Zanetti upgrade which has been out for a while now, is still more expensive than the non-upgrade one.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If a decent icon drops this week I'll hammer all the packs this weekend coming.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All icons are in packs already?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah every advertised Icon is in packs. Actually pulling one is another story. That's the one thing on FIFA I've left to pack. He means an SBC though.

How Merse pulled the same prime Icon within a couple of days of each other is beyond me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bad RVN is the only one I've packed so far.

I'm waiting until an Icon SBC for one I want so I can whack all the untradeable duplicate cards I pull into it.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 25-03-2019 at 11:06 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe some of the pack pulls across TTH this year.

87 Aubameyang two weeks in has been my best pull all year in terms of price (sold for 280k).

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got varane really early who i sold for like 200k. Got kante gold and kante fut champs. Got untradable pogba too.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NIF Ronaldo when he was 2.5m is probably my best.

Best untradeable TOTY Varane.

Not that great.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vieira in, after selling 600 players.

So, taking this Weekend side into TOTS -

& this fun time B Team for every other DR game -