User Tag List

Page 102 of 142 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,100 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That first team is disgusting and I never want to play you again.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s been a grind.

It’s the result of all the effort, but I felt I need to do it now so I can relax a bit now. I’d like to add a TOTS Lala and bring back TOTY Marcelo before the game is truly over, but it’s a slog as it is now. The meta changing so many times as a result of it being based on mechanics which were horrible when abused and subsequently were nerfed makes this fifa one of the most infuriating. The most recent shift to school yard football - a front 4/5 piling onto the counter, all in central areas as opposed to actually needing to be in space, then back in place in and around their own penalty area, joining the gang that never left it, almost as soon as you win it back, makes for a pretty awful game. It’s one I won’t engage in, like the OP mechanics, I’ll just play a bit less and be relatively worse off in my results and rewards etc as a product of that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus, both of those teams are pretty insane. Anderson Talisca has been hit and miss for me so far, but when he hits, he's insanely fun to use.

I had a decent WL this time around, ended up 14-7 and it could have been better if not for two last minute winners conceded. Griezmann AGAIN just tearing it up, 29 goals and 10 assists in 21 games.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know what you mean Merse. The game was going great in December, but then they started changing what we'd be getting based on us getting prepared for upcoming promos and deliberately withholding stuff.
    On top of that the game has changed how you need to play a good 3 times since the start. I remember coming in here when I first got on the game raging about not being able to score and everyone scoring from 25 yards. Instead of toning it down they've made timed shots from outside the box useless, so whats the point? Then we seemed to switch into the crossing meta, but that has died off a little and now we're to the drop back, lightning counter meta.

I've managed to remain consistent throughout but it's not been easy. At this point I've started looking at playing FM again instead, but this may be my only year to afford a proper top tier Icon without smashing money into it, so I'll carry on for now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flashback Esswein, and Prime Moments Blanc.

That Esswein brings back memories, I might do him just for fun.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Low finishing, composure and stamina on that card as well as 3*/3* makes it a pass for me. It doesn't look as cheap as it should either.

Blanc is a different story. No TOTW needed in the 80+ squads and top one of 87 rated makes my head say 800k-900k.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Against my better judgement I've played 4 games on the Ibra objective and it's genuinely the worst thing in the world.

Game 1: 1-0 up and comfortable until my opponent brings on Carniball Hulk, Carniball Talisca and another player who has no right being available for this. I go 2-1 down after toiling and keeping him out for a while. I have no such players on the bench as I've gone into it in the spirit with which is was intended, but even worse as the second goes in the game freezes, crashes back to the menu and I have no time to respond.

Game 2: Go 1-0 down fairly early on to more Carniball based bollocks. Game freezes again and it's another loss. Obviously no quit while you're ahead and get the win glitch going on here.

Game 3: Bring on FFS Eder Miliatao, Carniball Weah and De Ligt almost immediately, but the guy is shit hot and beats me comfortably. Obviously he's using the OP Carniball players again, but he'd have beaten me anyway, so no real complaints here.

Game 4: 2-1 up and doing well, but the connection suddenly becomes as bad as it's possible to be without the game crashing out. My opponent doesn't seem to be affected and scores a winner in the 110th minute to take it.

I applaud EA for giving us cards to play for (even though they're a bit crap), but the way they've implemented getting them is so unbelievably shit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Esswein is overpriced toss and Laurent Blanc, despite being potentially good value as far as Icon SBC's go won't be worth whatever coins (or equivalent) he'll cost to get.

Another couple of cards that serve no-one, with better and more affordable alternatives already on the market.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just got on the Xbox and seen that Esswein needs 4 IFs to complete. Not a chance I'm bothering at that price, a card of that quality should be the same price the 89 UEL Falcao SBC was.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    160k for Esswein.

3 star weak foot, M/M, bad Attack Positioning, Finishing and composure (admittedly the first two are less of an issue with chem styles).

Or you could just buy any of these:

https://www.futbin.com/19/players?pa...ice&order=desc

EA have run mad.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Considering it's a direct competitor to Werner, I don't get it. He's more, he's worse and he's untradeable.

It seems to be 900k for Blanc, which is a very nice price point if you don't already have an Icon defender. My issue with it is that TOTS is a smidge over a month away(mid-April if you believe some rumours) and you're going to have the tops leagues with defenders that will do the job just as well, but be cheaper and tradeable. The one thing this Blanc card does have is the links to everyone.

I could bring him in and it would allow me to change my back line around, but as before, is it worth doing so, so close to TOTS?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone should be losing their job for letting that Esswein into the game. He's never been good in reality and he was only rated about 78 on the iteration in which he was overpowered, so what exactly are they flashing back to?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    I could bring him in and it would allow me to change my back line around, but as before, is it worth doing so, so close to TOTS?
    My view would be definitely not.

900k will get you any TOTS defender you want, no?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Someone should be losing their job for letting that Esswein into the game. He's never been good in reality and he was only rated about 78 on the iteration in which he was overpowered, so what exactly are they flashing back to?

But he was used by everyone, IIRC in that version only pace mattered.

Biabiany, Miyachi, Oduro, Pitroipa, Martins, Wynne (the 90+ pace CB from the MLS) etc were all kings.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    My view would be definitely not.

900k will get you any TOTS defender you want, no?
    Hard to judge the price of them, but they'll be more common than TOTY and also not as good, so I'd suggest roughly half the value. Especially looking for those ROTW league bargains.
    For example I reckon Robertson is a TOTS lock and would be a card I want, but I'd expect him to come in between 300-500k.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did a draft before because I was bored and ended up with this:

It was a lot of fun and reminded me why I love the attacking 4-3-3. High scoring games all over. I ended up winning the final 8-7 after extra time. It reminded me again just how good CR7 and Best were. Scholes was also surprisingly good.
    It's also shown me again that I could use getting Ferland Mendy FFS into my team. Not that I'd know how to go about it. But that's one of the most fun drafts I've done.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't done a team update for a while, so here it is.

With UCL Dembele and SBC Allan on the bench.

Sold a couple of players from the first team recently to maximise the coins and now up to 1.35m and still have 11 Toni Kroos' in the club, plus a fuckload of higher rateds and untradeable. I haven't checked, but barring the icon I reckon I could do one of the Prime Icon Moments SBC from what I have in the club. I like the look of LB Salah, so may cash in on Marcelo and bring him and a version of VVD in, but then I do love Marcelo and will get him back on 10 chem if I decide to keep him.

Stats at the moment:

Could of course sell Mbappe, but he's phenomenal, so I doubt I will.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This probably wont affect most in here but we have another Icon SBC on the way, probably on Friday. This one will reward you with any mid-tier Icon. Irritating the trading community has started buying up in preparation and those flashback cards are shooting up in price, as are any SBCs that require 84 and up squads.

Depending on the price this could be a goer. Say 400k and it's not much more than you would pay for an Icon off the market to submit, but you get the probably slim chance of taking one of the top dogs.

@Yevrah how does that SBC Allan play? His standard card was in that draft I posted above and I brought him on at LCM every game and still loved him. He's still probably my favourite CDM that isn't an Icon.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just looking through the SBC's and wondered why they had risen so much.

Haven't played many games with Allan, but I like him a lot. He just seems to be everywhere and that's with no chem style and 5 chemistry off the bench.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see the Icon SBC being overly popular as no doubt they'll overprice it and it'll cost 600k or something.

I also can't believe you'd even consider selling Mbappe.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only because I've used him and the proceeds will more than likely fund an entire top level Prime Moments Icon SBC from scratch.

I won't be using him at all, ever again, in 8-10 weeks anyway.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP Shearer and FUTBday CAM Peresic

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I'll do Shearer's loan, with a view to getting him this weekend.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2*/3* is so off putting for me.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep.

It's a travesty that he's got a 3 star weak foot.

I suspect I'll use his loan, not like him and that will be that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shearer is, unfortunately, awful.

Played three legendary squad battles games with him in place of Raul in the team posted upthread. Scored 14 goals in total, but only one from Shearer and that was from a corner. He's so unbelievably immobile (even with an Engine) that he just kills attacks and can't control the ball well enough to get in or keep any sort of space.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I really wanted was to get home and see they've given us an overpriced Perisic and Shearer.

His Icon card does him no justice at all. I also got him as my loan from the weekly objective which is a disappointment.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might rinse the entire stock of <82 rates in my club through the various upgrades to 82-87 and 80+ picks tomorrow’s. There’s little value in them anymore and MM is hardly rewarding enough this year to worry about.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I made a common Ligue 1 team to win Naldo purely so I could recycle him into the SBC for Willian, but in the process I found out that Jovetic might be the best value striker in the game. It took me eleven games to win the seven necessary for Naldo, most of them against people with very good MLS teams. Jovetic got twenty four goals and thirteen assists, which is just silly.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been attempting the Naldo objective the past few nights, and in every occasion where I have gone behind, the game disconnects after 5-10 seconds. Now obviously my opponent is doing this to get the win towards the objective, but it is fucking irritating having multiple contracts and my time be used up just because some wanker has scored first and abused the system.

I've only got 2 wins so far, and on this evidence, I won't even fucking bother with Gervinho and Ibra.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Online single matches and friendly seasons should not deplete contracts or stamina.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    I've been attempting the Naldo objective the past few nights, and in every occasion where I have gone behind, the game disconnects after 5-10 seconds. Now obviously my opponent is doing this to get the win towards the objective, but it is fucking irritating having multiple contracts and my time be used up just because some wanker has scored first and abused the system.

I've only got 2 wins so far, and on this evidence, I won't even fucking bother with Gervinho and Ibra.
    Same disconnection bollocks happened in the few games I had a go for.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really like this Birthday Sané card. Might actually buy him.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yashin. Another icon no one should touch.

I see the upgrade is a monstrous piss take again as well.

This game is grinding to a halt at breakneck speed.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The uogrades makes zero sense at all. What are they trying to accomplish? There must be something coming thst will drop icon prices dramatically.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    210k+ for Doumbia as well.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    The uogrades makes zero sense at all. What are they trying to accomplish? There must be something coming thst will drop icon prices dramatically.
    There's nothing that could come that would reduce the price of the upgrades to make them worthwhile.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used him in draft and he's actually quite incredible, however for the exact same price you can buy TOTY De Gea.

The De Gea is also taller and better at kicking and you could re-sell him. We are however slowly ticking away the shit ones they could give us.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to be clear, that's what I was getting at and not comparing him to Shearer in the shit stakes.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he were down around 400-500k I'd probably be doing it now(a goalkeeper with a hat!).

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would be interesting to know why they’ve changed up the skill points in Divisions. I’ve been dropped into the top end of D3 this morning.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Would be interesting to know why they’ve changed up the skill points in Divisions. I’ve been dropped into the top end of D3 this morning.
    Maybe the player base has dropped off. I was 1980 skill spoints this week. Where does that put me now?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've only gone and readjusted the points required for being in each Division and significantly so. As an example, I'm on 2370 points, which was 1 win outside of Division 1 promotion.
    With the new system Division 1 is now 1900 points. I feel like they've done this to bunch everyone back up again, but also to stop people like me, who pretty much don't play Rivals but because of the points from WL manage to pick up another set of good rewards without effort.

Speaking of rewards, nothing in this weeks for me. I'd have loved Depay as a red as I used to have him as a super sub at the start of the game. That 94 Hazard is tempting me however.

https://www.futbin.com/19/compare/341/20050

He compares very well to Messi, ending up better in almost every way. Significantly so in stamina and pace. Shooting wise there's not too much in it, though Messi takes that one with better finishing and long shots.

If I sell Messi, I'd have to get Neymar out to fit the LW position in, which would bring me back about 750k, to add to the 600k I already have. This has me wondering if I should do that(I used to use Hazard as CAM and do just as well) and bring in Hazard, or perhaps sell Messi and replace him with one of my plethora of attackers that sit on the bench. I could then sit on the coins until an Icon or TOTS hits.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the RED Depay for my WL reward. He does not fit in my team though and will be bench fodder

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best
    Roberto Carlos
    Henry
    Lineker
    Van Basten
    Rivaldo

----------------

Deco
    Hernandez
    Inzaghi
    Laudrup
    Lehmann
    Litmanen
    Moore
    Schmeichel
    Scholes

The likelihood of something shit tonight is high. I do believe we're due a birthday card today. We haven't had a full back or anything from La Liga yet. Maybe a fullback Ramos?
    Not expecting any miracles with the Icon either. Deco or Scholes would be my bet. Both are about 800k on the market too so if they came in cheaper than that it could be a decent investment.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay for some reason we got CB Lukaku, but MALDINI.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can now redeem WL entry up to 24 hours after the start.

Also, I've just noticed that Pogba got an IF yesterday, 92 HL

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually l kind of tempted to do that Lukaku for shits and giggles.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he could defend I'd have been all over him.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has good defending and physicals for a forward, inc his stamina. Could work well on the prese but it will all go to waste if he is a useless lump overall

Someone explained the way his face stat works on Reddit. Not sure if it’s legit but if it is it’s quite interesting

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...stats/ejlbw7n/