User Tag List

Page 82 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,100 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There has to be more, there are 9 days on the clock left.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    That Ndombele SBC is a new level of rip off.
    He's not even that great of a card.

High/High with only 82 stamina is seriously shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really hoping that we get an Arp Future Stars card at some point.

I really liked his card in my career with Fiorentina.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've broken down my WL.

14-1 in the first 15 and then 9-6 in the second stint. The quality of opponent in the 2nd half was a marked improvement on the first. I reckon I was undeserving of 3, possibly 4 of the losses, whilst I think I won 2 games I had no right doing so, so it almost balances out.

I learned a lot more about the team in the 2nd set of games than the first. The main areas for concern are Fabinho and Sane. The former is a nice presence in the middle but Ballack is much better at pretty much everything. The newly released Rijkaard is probably a perfect fit in a replacement here, but does cost 1m.
    Sane also let me down numerous times through on goal. The worst one saw me go through and I waited for his keeper movement, then aimed for the other side. Sane hit it down the middle and it tamely went into his keepers arms.
    I thought my standard Marcelo would start to struggle now but he's more than holding is own, as is Walker, although I do prefer Sandro and Lala in either position.

Zlatan is an odd one. I've been swapping him and Tevez in and out a bit during the weekend and I'm still not sure who I prefer. I still think I like Hazard better than both as my CAM, but the version that would fit into the team would cost about 1m.

My favourite goal was from Ballack. It was a central, but slightly to the right free kick about 25 yards out. I was 1-0 up but this guy was moving his keeper well to keep me at bay. I had an inkling he'd do it again so I aimed a power free kick at the side his keeper was stood. Surely enough as Ballack took his long run up his keeper shuffled over to the other side and the ball was slammed into the net where his keeper just was. Instant rage quit.

I've 110k in the bank now. I'll get 70k for the finish along with a 100k pack and the TOTW pack. Assuming all goes for discard value I'll get over 100k to add in. If there are no pulls then I'll sell Sane on and likely bring Felipe Anderson in.

It's going to be annoying to miss out on some of these FFS players SBCs, but others are a bloody rip off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you're using Zlatan, just use those L1 crosses (LB X I think on Xbone) to him at the far post and you'll score for fun.

It's a cheap as fuck tactic though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've pretty much unlearned timed finesse shots from the edge of the area and it's got me 2 Elite finishes in 3 weeks. I don't wanna be learning another abusable game mechanic.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That article you guys posted about how matchmaking is basically sorted to make sure you just win lose win lose win lose win lose felt like the most obvious but mindblowing thing ever.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It makes absolute sense and it's partly why I soldiered through the 4 loss streak I had in weekend league towards the end as I knew sooner rather than later I'd face people I was better than. It's happened in every weekend league I've played this year, including one time where I swear I was either facing a deliberately shit bot or someone so pissed they couldn't see.

In fact, almost all of my weekend league games fall into the category of "games I know I'm going to lose or win after 5 minutes on the clock".

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think it's why the 45/90 minutes conceding thing exists.

It's programmed into the game and not user related as it happens all the time in Squad Battles. I can be 8-0 up and I know if I don't concentrate hard and do everything possible when the cpu launches its last attack I'm going to concede. Hell, even if I do I might anyway.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And I almost feel bad cause I've told my friends that maybe it's just their mentality that they start thinking they're going to concede so they start playing too hard and fuck it up but it's LITERALLY being coded into the game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get me wrong, there's obviously a huge skill gap still in the game (Fox is still going to pwn me no matter how much these shenanigans exist), but I'd be staggered if EA weren't employing them.

We're all basically Hamsters on a wheel in one big money making racket.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never really tried PES but it almost makes me want to if I'm honest.

It'd be different if they did idk literally anything to mostly any other mode in the game.

They gave us the option to make our own kits in Pro Clubs and have a fancy cut scene for contract renewals and transfers in career.

Billions of dollars and that's all they'll do to the rest of the game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fucking state of this community:

https://twitter.com/NepentheZ/status...32313092509697

So glad I decided to fuck that objective off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    De Vrij as my best player pick from the SBC.

Shit but at least it's higher than an 80.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a new patch coming and in the botes, there isnt any indication of the posistion change. I personal have left many post on the EA forums with screenshots for a few months about the issue. Others hsve been effected too.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-1...-notes-patch-7

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look at those yellow timed finesse shots.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top corner lad.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the looks of that and according to what Nepenthez has said on Twitter, timed finesse from the edge of the box is now unreliable. I'm a fan of the change, but not when they're done it.
    You've given players 4 months to get used to this version of the game and now changed it quite heavily if reports are to be believed.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also TOTY prices are at a massive low since they came out. Marcelo below 1m, VVD is 1.3, Varane 1.5 and Ramos 1.8.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I also think it's why the 45/90 minutes conceding thing exists.

It's programmed into the game and not user related as it happens all the time in Squad Battles. I can be 8-0 up and I know if I don't concentrate hard and do everything possible when the cpu launches its last attack I'm going to concede. Hell, even if I do I might anyway.
    I totally disagree in MP. People change their tactics and their headspace and it can be seen as clear as day. I see myself doing it, and others. There are the tell tale signs as the full backs move up, the wings stay forward and the pressure on possession ramps up. The latter was generally used by people in previous interactions to 'prove momentum' - that they couldn't pass, or had less time on the ball... Now we have dynamic custom tactics, we see that high pressure is a default of the Ultra Attacking stance (and press after possession loss on attacking) - that's going to affect those feelings of pressure.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    By the looks of that and according to what Nepenthez has said on Twitter, timed finesse from the edge of the box is now unreliable. I'm a fan of the change, but not when they're done it.
    You've given players 4 months to get used to this version of the game and now changed it quite heavily if reports are to be believed.
    Yeah, he's beating his broken crossing drum hard.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    That article you guys posted about how matchmaking is basically sorted to make sure you just win lose win lose win lose win lose felt like the most obvious but mindblowing thing ever.
    Really? And not just this:
    https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-1...weekend-league

Everyone starts each weekend fresh at zero form, moving up or down with each win or loss. In football terms, match form of W/L/W/W/W would result in a +3 form. Players with similar form are then paired in matchmaking.
    Of course this means a lot of players sit around 0 to +2 form at any one time. It's why 70% of Redditors posting about where they finished state Gold 3 - it's literally a 45% win ratio.

For the matchmaking - it's been spoken of for 3 years. EA is a vast company. Unofficial posts from their staff have said it's been used primarily in Mobile gaming (can't cite - it's 2-3 years ago ffs).

And dynamic difficulty? It's been around for years. A previous FIFA even gave it a toggle on/off. I do trust EA when they say it's never been in MP. Yeh, they wanna sell points, yeh, they make some bad calls. On the whole, they're just a standard big company, and are unlikely to be lying about 99% of shit they're accused of lying about. Yes, they'll not comment, yes they'll hide the secret 5 spices, but very few direct to consumer companies (particularly now, and moreso in Digital industries as we have transient workforce who can also anonymously expose with evidence VERY easily) actively and purposefully lie about their product makeup.

Maybe being in a related area swells my sympathy for EA in this regard, but... I just don't get why their consumers, their enablers, focus on conspiracy theory shite as opposed to concentrating on the mechanics that are an issue.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also. Youtube is a cancer in FUT terms.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    tbh Merse the most reading I do about anything FIFA related is literally this thread so I apologize for being so clearly uninformed.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I'm coming across as chippy and defensive on behalf of a company I've disliked at some level for nigh on 22 years (beginning with ruining Fifa 64 and through their wrecking of Civilisation and blah blah blah)...

Anyhoo. Apologies, but yeh - I've kinda been really resenting a lot of this in the community. Hence I avoid the comment sections in Youtube, and a lot of the more toxic reddit stuff. The guys on the Fifa team are pretty good, and it's of note that those responsible for customer engagement at EA, are both empowered to go direct to PO's and to communicate in almost verbatim terms (at the right level of detail to be of proper tone of voice etc) and sufficiently low level that it's quite ridiculous to continue to batter them with 'shareholder this, shareholder that, money making this'.

In general terms, so much anger is misdirected to a perfectly normal digital set up.

Their Product teams are pushing micro transactions, their devs are working on the game to make it a great product, their data teams are analysing trends in mechanics and user behaviour and engagement, their user researchers are getting play tested, and monitoring feedback. The latter's challenges highlight a lot of what is so difficult here.

The game is loved by all, every year, for a couple of weeks. In that time, many people rack up enough hours to have completed 5 or 6 AAA games. They have c. 25 million users. In the first fortnight, they have over 10 million logged in and playing games online. That's users testing in anger at an extreme scale. For them to take 2 weeks to find common causes of complaints is pretty damn decent.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the 45th/90th minute thing is psychological.

You've probably done it yourself, you look up and see you're in added time and near the area. You're more likely to try and work a quick shot and try to get it off than you would in say the 60th minute. Especially the 90th. If you or your opponent is losing they aren't going to keep it and play tiki-taka. They're all out for that goal and fast. Considering how broken certain mechanics are you can quite easily score or concede without doing much.

As for matchmaking. It will always be similar to it is now. It's how they like it. What most people don't realise and what I wish they'd show, is how most people finish.
    In comparison to how many people enter, very few people actually make it beyond 17 wins. I wish they'd show the percentage for this as they do in Rivals, but I'd hazard a guess that less than 20% of people get to 20 wins. Your majority of the player base probably lies in Silver 1 to Gold 3.
    Given the state of the rewards as you go above 20 wins, you can't really change it too much either. You could use skill rating, but then you'll get guys sabotaging their rating to try and get favourable matches. Besides, what do you enjoy more. Spanking someone obviously worse than you 6-0, or coming out on top in a tense game against an equal or better opponent?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Linton sounds like he should play for Bristol City and be English,

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Basically @Gray Fox ; that's all that I tried to say, but you've managed it succinctly and without conflating the issue with the general toxicity of the community, that isn't really reflected in here and should be taken up over on Reddit instead.

Cheers for making me look an even bigger wanker, you absolutely totally correct cunt.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could go on for hours about the community. The amount of abuse I see the EA guys get on Twitter is stupid. I mean they sometimes give bullshitty reasons for things but people sending them things like death threats, because they've not fixed goalkeeper movement or something is just stupid. And that's without getting into the exploiting game mechanics at all costs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emiliano Sala's IF card is extinct...

Was selling for 50k but EA changed the range to 35k.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 22-01-2019 at 11:18 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His regular gold is selling for about 6k so check your clubs.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've changed his min/max to -1 on Xbone and PC but not PS4 yet.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cards of dead people going extinct is one of the oddest things about the user base of this game.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see what purpose it serves, it's seriously baffling.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Further proving the cuntery of some.

Still, this thing looks very fun: https://www.futbin.com/19/player/177...m=10&schem=100

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I don't see what purpose it serves, it's seriously baffling.
    Since SBC's came in, particularly the league SBC's, there's often been a rush for out of packs players, as they will be genuinely extinct. The smaller the club the better. Some out of packs Ligue 1 players in the year Laca was the reward sold for 50k+ because their clubs only had 12-13 players in UT before they'd even stopped being in packs. It's not such a big thing now, so there's less to exploit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Since SBC's came in, particularly the league SBC's, there's often been a rush for out of packs players, as they will be genuinely extinct. The smaller the club the better. Some out of packs Ligue 1 players in the year Laca was the reward sold for 50k+ because their clubs only had 12-13 players in UT before they'd even stopped being in packs. It's not such a big thing now, so there's less to exploit.
    I get that.

It's the scooping up of someone dead. He's not going to be used in SBC's, he's not a useful card etc etc.

It was the same with Astori last year.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh. That again was a reaction to what happened in 17. I can’t remember who it was that went out of packs due to death that shot up in ‘17. Someone from Russia or the like and where you either had him or full loyalty on every other player to make up the chem as he was the only RB or RM or whatever.

It’s mental. But it’s what it is.

Edit - I remember now.

It wasn’t a player! It was the chapocoense kit after the whole squad died. Everyone wanted to wear it as a ‘tribute’ and as such, whilst it didn’t go out of packs, the relative number of kits packed meant they went extinct and were selling for mental amounts. A lot listed weren’t even deliberately being sold for big money - just they went so quick and at max bin due to people desperate for the card.

So EA gave them away free to all to go even it up.

That motivated people to try to ‘invest’ in dead players and/or sell them inflated.
    Last edited by The Merse; 23-01-2019 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As well as the Chapecoense kit, lots of people did it later in the year with 17 with Cheick Tiote too. He was being sold for max price, even though it was in June and the end of the life-cycle for 17.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    There is a new patch coming and in the botes, there isnt any indication of the posistion change. I personal have left many post on the EA forums with screenshots for a few months about the issue. Others hsve been effected too.

https://www.ea.com/games/fifa/fifa-1...-notes-patch-7

I got an answer from EA finaslly who have agknowledged they are aware of the postions going crazy, and it is actual being worked on.

Hopefully I get a fix the first week of February. This is ridicilous.

Patch 5 - 03/12/18
    Patch 6 - 19/12/18
    Patch 7 - 21/01/19

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want a red Mbappe.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’d love that Mbappe striker card to become an affordable one for me. It would mean being able to do something a little radical - starting 5 at the back and switching to a 433(4) with TOTY Ramos as a stay back midfielder, which as a Gullit gang card with ridiculous physical and defence looks like a good option to replace Kondogbia with Aouar in algnside him.
    Last edited by The Merse; 23-01-2019 at 03:09 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If ever there was a good week to get a good red player pick.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Re: the toxic community. A lot of the fellas that I go to Orlando City matches with and I have a group chat / bit of a FUT league going... Long story short, some of them are fucking insufferable.

One guy who was the supposed king of Fifa 18 (I kinda got into the group in April last year so I missed a lot of it) basically whines nonstop because he's no longer a shoo-in to win every single match because of how they "fucked up the game".

In the beginning I actually really enjoyed 19 because I felt like I could play actual football and it wasn't just knock it ahead of your winger and chase type of stuff. Long story short, some guys will use anything they read as an excuse as to why they're bad.

The reason the guy loses now is because everyone is now in this FUT league we made so everyone is also playing a TON more single player matches online whereas last year most of our time was spent playing pro clubs.

But it never fails. Any time something happens it's "THESE MECHANICS!" or "YOU ShOULD SEE REDDIT!" well maybe everyone on reddit is a fucking whiny bitch, just like you?

Beating him 6-1 in our league match was x 1000000. I literally could feel him seething through the television. There may actually be video of it considering he streams, I'll try to find it lol EDIT: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/361969210 here it is.. at one point he literally gets up and walks away (at least that's what they told me he did, I haven't actually watched it back). Was gutted to give one up late.

I may fancy a little streaming tonight since I'll be off the next few days. I know it'll be late for most of you guys but if anyone wanted to give me some pointers I'd be appreciative.

Might shoot for it tomorrow day that way it's better for the time difference.
    Last edited by bruhnaldo; 23-01-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Naff all in rewards. Koscielny and Arias red picks, some 84’s and 83’s and 100k. Not terrible, but a bit disappointing given I’m taking a week off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Koscielny too

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been working on the Future Stars objective that requires 14 single match wins. Comfortably got 6 by Tuesday, with only one loss, but had no time last night to play, so I'm left needing 8 wins tonight. Not sure if it's worth sticking it out or not.

I also have the final Futswap objective to complete (4 games with Belgian goalscorers) but considering I'm not aiming to get the 87 Dembele I will probably give that a miss completely.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven’t done one of those type of objectives for a month now and my quality of life has improved immeasurably.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got the same player pick set 3 times over, unfortunately for me that got me Rebic, Sommer and Zapata. Quite irritating to again miss out on everything useful. I was hoping to see Goretzka here.
    My untradeable Rivals rewards saw me get back-to-back untradeable Matic. My 100k got me De Gea and Firmino. Opened my TOTW pack to see a walkout and the French flag. I was flipping the fuck out and then came back crashing to Earth with an Arsenal badge shaped bump.

Turned the shit into 81+ upgrades, got a walkout, TOTW, French, Trolled AGAIN.

340k in the bank now, looking much healthier. Unfortunately I don't think there's enough there to get a new player in.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not going to bother with WL this week.

FA Cup weekend so we wont have any Premiership IFs.