User Tag List

Page 64 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674114 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,200 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In another classic EA move, people who had not claimed their rewards until now are finding players from the upcoming TOTW in their red player picks.

So far we have 87 Felipe Anderson, 81 Boly, 84 Ricardo Periera and 84 ST Rashford.

EDIT: 77 Walker-Peters too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Their holiday cover really is piss poor.

I bet those four icons in 18 were meant to be 19 SBC's.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is very odd that last years game gets the Icons as a reward for continued support and we get absolutely nothing. I just can't make sense of it. The other problem we have is whenever you ask them on Twitter(the only place their employees ever communicate) the only response you get is that the info will be passed on to the relevant team.
    We really need them to be getting some of the top Youtubers/Streamers involved in the decision making process or if not them the pros that make the tournaments. I get that their main focus is money making, but keeping people playing your game from October through to September the next year should surely be some kind of priority.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The icons thing is the most bizarre thing I think they've ever done. There is absolutely no rhyme or reason for it. The only impact it will have had is to get people playing FIFA18 again, including those that had already migrated to 19.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got IF Dembele now. LW card so got IF Malcom to go on the right. So far I'm not sure. Malcom hasn't been great, but IF Dembele has been absolutely smashing it.

On balance IF Dembele & IF Malcom is doing better for me than Promes and regular Dembele.

Also sacked off Kroos and admitted that slow technical players don't suit me. Got a hilariously defensive midfield 3 of Matuidi, Kondogbia and Partey.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sniper-wol...video/66441223

Another edition to the lol goals I concede. I don't mind goals like this in principle, but look at Alisson in the replay. It's as if he's dragged down again to stop him getting to it.

I've been wanting to re-jig my defence. Whilst I like Silva and Alves, they're beginning to get bullied as the teams I face become more and more meta. Van Dijk is still comfortably the best defender on this that isn't an Icon so I'd like to pair him with someone equally as dominant. I'd even be prepared to sell Messi for the good of the team.
    I'm looking at 89 Blanc, 91 Hierro, 88 Rio or 88 Rijkaard. I'd be able to then upgrade to 86 Lala over Alves. This would keep Mbappe in the team and then I could upgrade Alisson who has disappointed in all honesty. Too much goes through him.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC Kane had my record last year for most goals in a game at 8. Crespo has just bettered it by 1:

A 7 minute hattrick at the end isn't too shabby either.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So new month, first day of a new year, we're due new FUT Swaps, we've not seen any Icons in a little while nor have we seen the Icon sets, or flashback cards.

You'd think something is sure to drop at 6.

Large coin bet on we get absolutely nothing again.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FUTSWAPS Starring the headliner of this thread!

OTW Promes for 6 tokens

3 - 84 Lucas Perez (West Ham ST)
    3 - 84 Maxwell Cornet (Lyon RW)
    7 - 84 Danny Da Costa (Frankfurt RB)
    9 - 84 Lautaro Martínez (Inter ST)
    14 (7 + 7) - 87 Moussa Dembele (Spurs CM)
    Last edited by Danny; 01-01-2019 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay new FUTswap players.

You can exchange 6 for a OTW Promes, 7 for Danny Da Costa(who looks obscene btw) and 14 for an 87 rated Moussa Dembele.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'm going to do Da Costa.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick a backbone on him. Christ.

Hunter on Dembele gets him to the Gullit Gang. No way I am getting 14 though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's 6 foot 2 as well.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not doing Dembele. The most important position on the pitch with 72 stamina? No thanks.

I might do Da Costa and Promes.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucas Perez: Shite.
    Cornet: Interesting, but ultimately shite.
    OTW Promes: He's done absolutely nothing in La Liga this year, so good one EA.
    Danny da Costa: Best thing so far, but his Balance and to a lesser extent his Agility aren't going to make him a particularly good full back going forward though.
    Martinez: Bang average
    Dembele: At first glance I don't know how that card garners an 87 rating.

For me, probably the worst Futswap promo so far.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dembele is months too late. He might have been worth a look month 2. By now most people can afford better.

Promes could be a good shout in anticipation of the OTW SBC that will come in Feb,

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, da Costa with an Engine gives a reasonable increase on balance that he might just be workable in an attacking sense.

With 2 tokens already I might go for 5 more and get da Costa as I need a right back for my B team. It also allows me to pick and choose which objectives I go for and dictate to the game when I play (rather than the other way around).

I could go for 13 and get and then sell my OTW Promes, who is somehow still going for 40k, but I'd probably rather forgo the coins and save myself the ballache of having to get "x wins with players from the Ekstraklasa scoring".

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Dembele is months too late. He might have been worth a look month 2. By now most people can afford better.
    It's a card that will appeal to no-one, bar Spurs fans who don't mind sacrificing results to use him.

If you're not a casual you will have (as you say) much better options available to you already and if you are a casual you won't play the game anywhere near enough to get 14 tokens in three or so weeks.

I don't know how EA get this so wrong, it isn't difficult.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will actually probably crash the price of Promes OTW so I'm not going to bother. The players needed for Da Costa should come without too much effort too unless they put stupid requirements on them.

That Dembele would have been a good card back in October. But given you'll not get the final card needed until the final week, you'll basically be in February when you get it.
    This feels like a last minute effort because they had to find something to put out.

Very disappointing that those Prime Icon sets and Flashback players seem to have just stopped abruptly.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The icon sets stopped because they fucking them up

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which serves them right for them going for the "don't miss out" cash grab approach of putting a time limit on them.

That I can log into FIFA18 and still do any of the icon SBC's is the way this version should have been.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m tempted to log into 18 just to claim those icons and do Vieira and Ronaldo with them.

Da Costa looks great, but I don’t see myself ever fielding a German winger to make it worthwhile. If I get 6 tokens this month then I will do promes rather than the usual Silver and Electrum packs, for the OTW SBCs. I’ve got a couple of Dembele’s stored up for the same reason.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The biggest complaint I have so far is that they've openly admitted they have deliberately held stuff back from us because we're "too prepared" for it. Surely that's their own fault for being predictable?

Those Icon sets as an example were a great way in to Icons and if you didn't like yours or a better one came out, you could submit it to the new one for little to no extra cost. Instead now you need the best part of 2 mill and to hope they have one out you want to do.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    The biggest complaint I have so far is that they've openly admitted they have deliberately held stuff back from us because we're "too prepared" for it. Surely that's their own fault for being predictable?
    When / where was that?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    When / where was that?

He gave this in response to people asking for another Icon set and potential baby Icon SBCs to bring down the prices and make at least lower versions available to the common player.

I can't find the tweet but there was another one of the EA guys who, when asked about something which had leaked but not arrived, replied stating if we were going to leak and mass predict what was coming, they'd bin it off and release different just for the sake of it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that at the time and don't buy it.

At any given moment in time there must be people sat on loads of cards they'll be able to cash in from. Hell, I made well over a million coins in the first month from just storing higher rated cards and flipping players.

Ultimately in any market, people will make money from it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what I might need to do to revitalise interest in this is run a second club again. I wish I'd been pickier about the SBC's I'd done and avoided FIFA points over Christmas. I've now got too much, so having to slum it a bit in the run up to TOTY might help.

Maybe pack only/first owner.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to and there's a welcome pack for new players now.

1 Loan Icon Player Pick, 1 Loan TOTW player, 1 Loan UCL player and 1 81-83 Gold Player Pick.

Got 4 All Players Pack for playing on this account last year too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to cycle all of my bronzes into silvers, then silvers into golds. Simply because there's nothing else to do.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm trying to claw what I can from my club to make my next upgrade.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out goes RTTF Sanchez and in comes IF Hazard.

He'll play at CAM with Salah now playing up top with Crespo.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have no idea how good he is. I'm continuously salty I didn't have the coins for his POTM. Be prepared though he does apparently have another TOTW on the way this week, so your card may well tank in price.

I've pretty much gutted my club of all untradeable silvers and bronzes. Worked them all up into 2 rare gold player packs and I've got a Falcao and Matic back to show for it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see him in any of the leaks.

Although only about half of the team has been leaked.

Reckon I should sell again for tax loss and hope he's in it or just roll the dice?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, just played one game of legendary SB with him and he scored a goal with 4 assists.

Salah was good at CAM but he's also so much better up top.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep and use 100% There's no point in all this buying and selling I see going about just to save 20k here or there.

Besides for 700k you're paying 35k tax. If you sell and he doesn't get a TOTW and goes up in price, you suddenly can't afford to get him back. I find him to be the best non-Icon CAM in the game.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been away from the Xbox for about 10 days now and as such, missed out on redeeming my December Futswap tokens for the Kurzawa. I'm going to have to continue with Wendell for now which isn't ideal.

Since my previous redemption of FUT Champions ended with only 5 wins due to a lack of time, I've got a lot of Rivals to be playing if I want to get back into the weekend league. I also need to decide what to do with my coins, players in the club and choice of squad(s).

One of my problems is I can't ever seem to stick to one choice of squad, and instead of pooling all my coins into a fully upgraded side, I have multiple squads that are all average. Currently I have 600k in the bank, 1000 players in the club, and the following 4 squads:

Squad 1 - Prem team, 4-5-1, including OTW Alisson, POTM Lucas, Son, Azpilicueta.
    Squad 2 - Serie A team, 4-3-3 (2), including Insigne, TOTT Parolo, IF Vecino, IF Pellegrini.
    Squad 3 - Bundesliga/Ligue 1 hybrid, FUT Champions squad, 4-3-3 (2), including Flashback Alves, Futswap Guilavogui, Futswap Alcacer, POTM Sancho, Scream Koke.
    Squad 4 - La Liga squad, 4-3-3 (4), including FUTMAS Isco, FUTMAS Wass, Red IF Dembele, Red IF Carvajal.

My main thought is to ditch the first two squads, and commit to rotation between squad 3 and 4. If anyone has any better suggestions or squad ideas, let me know because I tend to be extremely indecisive with regards to this.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ronaldo position change was fake/they changed up.

Hazard does get one which is a cock as I could have saved a little bit.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Hazard card is going to play nasty. Some interesting cards. Willy Boly I will put straight into my team for the lolz.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got 5 TOTW packs left. Will probably pull Kums at best.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might give this a go, swapping Griezmann and Koke in game for full chem...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt like Mbappe when i used him. He wasnt as great as I thought he would be. He just seem the same as SIF Mahrez and IF Mane. I prefer Kyle Walker over 3IF Lala so im going to ditch both of them this week. Im not going to be playing much at all anytime soon

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fox didn’t like him much either IIRC.

I love the geezer, I’ve got 300+ games with him now. His finishing is clinical with deadeye, and he picks up decent positions. Perhaps it’s partly as I don’t look for him to play as a winger, but very much as a striker who just happens to hang on the wing a bit.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What formation do you use him in in-game?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one above - 433(4), with cut inside, stay forward and run in behind. I shoot across goal a lot from just within the box and he rifles them in to the top corner beautifully. I’m hopeful Griezmann will be the same on his left.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're thinking of Yev there Merse. I love him.

He's been about the only constant throught my team's lately.

I'm going to need some fair luck by how that TOTW is in my red picks. Nothing but shit for weeks now. Dreaming of a red Bobby

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Digne x2(tradable & untradable)
    Sorrentino
    Under
    Skriniar
    all untradable

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricardo Pereira IF - 50K Max Price. Are EA stupid?

The lack of SBC content over the last week has been disappointing.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boom-Boom-18 View Post
    Are EA stupid?
    Yeah

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any league sbc to expect other than dutch, saudi, epl, and spain?