98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mahow moaning about any kind of pack luck can get to fuck

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I decided to rinse some shit through to get enough for a 81+. Managed to pull Maignan along the way. Twice.

Guess I am committed to Aouar now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Mahow moaning about any kind of pack luck can get to fuck
    I was not complaining about my pack luck, I was complaining about the slight inconvience of packing a duplicate untradeable.

I'm sure everyone will be happy to know that I put him (and a load of other untradeables) into Socrates' 89 SBC for an Ultimate Pack and only got an 84 IF.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Put all of my random cards into 10 or so and got 1 Fabregas. That there are people buying the cars to do these for 20k a pop is mad.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they're better value than the other leagues but yeah, fuck actually paying the inflated prices.

A good few with non-rare base cards too.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll recycle the shit rewards on Thursday through them to see what's happening. I've just watched a streamer open 50 of the three players to one TOTS and then in 5 of the 81+ packs he got Lala.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have a bunch of shite golds what wont sell its worth chucking them into this league over any other.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems the release of Aouar has sent Wijnaldums value through the floor. He was about 430k before the release and now sits at 360k and falling. At this point it makes more sense to wait for Thursday and hope he rebounds a little. The plus side is Aouar is also dropping. Down to 560k himself, so the cost/savings are offsetting.

I'm hoping for one of the French full backs on Thursday. Beyond that, other than the 2 big pulls there's a lot of shit in there. A PSG guy or Pepe/Mendes would be best case really.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking Delort from the guaranteed pack.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maignan.

Balls.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Making megabucks selling off all my silvers and loads of Ligue 1 chancers here

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got fucking Khazri.

On another note, it irrationally pisses me off when I play people who have the FUT Champions ground as their home stadium - I play in that enough at the weekend, give me some bloody variety.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I play at a stadium in a valley somewhere. You can see the forest taking goal kicks at one end and it's ace. Cant remember the name so I'll go on and double check it. I think it's Eibars.

EDIT: Municipal de Ipura
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 18-06-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thommo View Post
    I got fucking Khazri.

On another note, it irrationally pisses me off when I play people who have the FUT Champions ground as their home stadium - I play in that enough at the weekend, give me some bloody variety.
    It's because everyone has it and it's a shadowless pitch.

I use Crown Lane as it is also shadowless.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just lost a game because my opponent scored in the 51st minute of the first half. There were 2 minutes added on and the ball was in midfield for most of it. I hate Rivals gameplay.

The reason I'm playing is that I've found out the hard way that 87 Dembele TOTS is a moments card and they do not count in the Ligue 1 SBC. So I'm 2/4 for M'Vila now.

I've had 6 games at it so far, with Depay scoring in all but 1. It's killing the rest of my team though. I'd purposefully self relegate but I'm only losing 10 rivals points for a loss and that's a hell of a long way to go back to Div 2.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the same rivals system is in play in fifa20 and they couple it with more weekly objectives I’ll be managing my Elo from day 1 so that I’m always a division or two below my level.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never really had too much of an issue with shadows on the pitch. Even see, I don't know of too many stadiums that have that. I use the Stadio Azteca and I don't think that has anything affecting visibility.

I remember near the start of the game I used Craven Cottage and when you'd score, fans waving flags would block the near touchline for the next 3-4 in game minutes.

Regarding objectives, I've finished Dembele and Buenanotte pretty easily. Just the 4 wins for M'Vila now, in Division 3. Hopefully I can grind these out tonight quickly. Dembele and Khazri up top, Carniball Ben Arfa (I knew he'd come in handy one day.... 4 months on), and FUT Birthday Meunier (incredible card), they should do the job.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packed Mendy from my guaranteed La Liga TotS who with a sniper has everything I look for in a full back.

Happy with that and tempted to sell TotY Marcelo as a result to free up another 700k.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking of doing Depay. Will probably cost everything I have of use that isn't in my main squad.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Depay. Used a couple of untradable TOTS that I was never gonna use so wasn't that bad actually doing.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm happy I did Depay when I did. He would have cost me near 200k more had I waited an Auoar come out.

That Ben Arfa is lol too. 59 stamina on a TOTS card is pathetic. What's even the point of it?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got M’Vila. First major objective in a while. Accidental piece of piss when you have Mbappe TOTY who scored in all 6 games (4-1-1)

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3/4 for me. Only having the one player that fits the criteria makes this so much more difficult. I've just played 6 or 7 games. I've scored in 2 of those with Depay only to have my opponent throw everything at me and snatch a draw. I've also won a game without Depay scoring but him hitting the inside of the post 3 times in the game.

I'll leave it now until I have Aouar.

The interesting thing now is EA usually update the reward packs on a Thursday to match the upcoming weekend. This is how we've known which big TOTS was coming. They've now updated this weekend and it only shows TOTW packs. Even though I should expect as much that's quite stingy. It also makes me question if to bother this weekend or not. And if not, I may well have played my last WL.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the rewards are select wank from the latest totw why would anyone bother at this stage?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given we have had reward picks from the TOTY, i now want my rewards in FIFA 20 to include all cards available in the game at that time. Similar to draft picks. They have showed me whats possible now

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got Mendy as a reward which isnt too bad. Alonso Europa league is closing in on 1000 games. He has been awesome.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Red picks of Ferland Mendy, Thiago Mendes and Thauvin. I'm pretty damn happy with that to be fair. The former and the latter can get into the team almost immediately.

My TOTS pack was a lot less lucky though. Both goalkeepers and Dalort, making it very close to the worst possible pack. FUTBIN reckons 125k for the three. Delort would be a decent pickup in a pack only squad, however his 3*/3* and Med/Med(which is starting to bug me on Jovic a little) mean he'll likely never see any time in my team.

After feeling my luck was in I took untradeable Ultimate packs. Douglas Costa and Azpilacueta in one and TOTS Bamba in the other.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuck some of the crap into a few Ligue 1 three player packs and pulled that Atal. Not too bad luck this morning.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reds were Cardona and Bamba.

Neither useable both both are 90.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kroos and TOTS Rojas from packs though.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gold 3 is trending on Twitter and out of curiosity I clicked. People receiving double Neymar or double Mbappe or both of them from Gold 3 is a bit crap to see.

It seems my waiting game on Wijnaldum and potentially selling Da Costa/Chiellini has backfired. There seemed to be a fire sale just after rewards came out. But in for a penny, I'll wait til tonight to see.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve done a load of the Ligue 1 upgrades but haven’t pulled a single tots yet. Has helped me get two of the Aouar segments done.

Will be a bind to replace De Bruyne but he’s just too good.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EA are currently being quizzed on their loot box mechanics, such as packs in UT amongst other things. They've claimed that they aren't loot boxes as such, merely "surprise mechanics" and they are "quite ethical." I really wish I was kidding.

Given it's essentially gambling and kids can play, I don't see how their defence holds up. Loot boxes have already been given the boot in Holland and Belgium so I'd imagine it wont be long before it goes through the EU courts. If we or the US bin loot boxes as well then they'll have to make big changes in the way the game works.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Played a game to get M'Vila done and did it in one. The 3 new red additions all play very nicely. Mendes scored with his first shot too. After that I did my TOTS guarantee and got Atal. To use the duplicate I put him into the start of Aouar and the 86 squad of Blanc.

Finished up Aouar and I've set Wijnaldum and Chiellini to sell. The latter has already sold and I wait for the former. I'd like to do Blanc before Ultimate TOTS hits as I reckon the French TOTS cards will drop a lot more regularly., but I don't think I will.

Whilst I've been waiting I turned everything 82 rated and below into a Ligue 1 upgrade of some sort and managed this, with what will likely be my final upgrade pack:

EDIT: This is likely how the team finishes:

All are 10 chem except Mendy at 7.
    Last edited by Gray Fox; 21-06-2019 at 03:40 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mendy at right back is not something I’d considered and is an inspired idea.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First red pick yesterday was the Mexican midfielder from the LATAM TOTS, but thankfully the 2nd pick gave me Di Maria. He feels lightning quick and nimble on the ball, but the 2* weak foot is a bit shit. I also packed TOTS Bocanegra (who has some really top stats) in the packs.

I tried to do M'Vila last night, but the gameplay felt terrible (or it was my connection acting up). So much input lag, every pass being scooped softly and intercepted by the opposition (you know the animation), and I could only win 1 in 5 games. I could have stayed up late to get it done but I genuinely couldn't be fucked with all the effort for an 88 TOTS.

I've redeemed for this weekend on the hope they will still do something special for the player picks. I also will probably do Aouar before the deadline hits - the value is just too good not to.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont really want to play this weekend, but I feel I have to with it being UTOTS. I fully exspect some monster SBCs around it. Im thinking special TOTY versions like Pogba, Kane, Ozil, Varane, etc. Players who dont have many special cards who didnt make it into TOTY

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Mendy at right back is not something I’d considered and is an inspired idea.
    Worked pretty good in my first game with him there. Nothing saying why he shouldn't. 5* weak foot is glorious on any card. He feels a lot more mobile than Da Costa, however is less able to bully someone off the ball. Him(even on 4 chem from my first game) and Sandro are the best 2 full backs I've used.

The only concern I have with the team is there's been a few weak foot downgrades up front now. The height could be an issue but I've always used similar kind of players.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Da Costa on the ball is horrid. I dont like him at all. Im thinking of selling him now while he is still a little high. I can imagine come Sunday, everyone will be selling cards and his value will drop. Especailly for the UTOTS SBC.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    I dont really want to play this weekend, but I feel I have to with it being UTOTS. I fully exspect some monster SBCs around it. Im thinking special TOTY versions like Pogba, Kane, Ozil, Varane, etc. Players who dont have many special cards who didnt make it into TOTY
    *TOTS.

Varane has a TOTY card.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One final Ligue1 81+ upgrade pack and it's TOTS Di Maria.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opened about 5 of them and kept getting Fabregas so knocked that shit in the head.

Guess I used up my luck with the Bundesliga ones.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought it was Thursday and obviously wouldn't have to play.

I've just realised it's Friday

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-1 win against a guy with a red 99 Ronaldo up front.

Despite also having TOTS Aguero he didn't take a shot with anyone other than Ronaldo so it was piss easy to defend against him. He just kep trying to force it into Ronny.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel sorry for the bastard.

I almost caught him with that earlier too (but without him trying to clear it resulting in a goal) when Modric popped it over the defence but Lacazette just missed the header. Strange to see someone playing quite a high line.

That game was also a lot harder than it should have been. I was 2-0 up then I get my Sister shouting at me which sees him score two quick goals (whenever someone calls/texts/shouts to me I always drop the ball) but managed to seal the win.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a walkout from one of the MM packs.

Blue...

Valencia :\ 85 and just a touch above discard price.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one of those Scuf controllers (because the Dualshock really is shit) and during a match the joystick locking plastic bit snapped clean in half.

The right analog is now stupid sensitive.

I lost a game because of it (although it wasn't as sensitive as now, I think it was more mind games at it breaking) and I just scraped past a guy I was on my way to beating easily because it kept switching people and knocking the ball up on first touches.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just had a maddening game, the game was constantly pressuring me yet his stamina was barely depleting and EVERY single loose ball/bounce etc fell kindly to him.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard those Scuf controllers are amazing but break every 4 months.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I already had one thumbstick have the rubber peeled off (after about 5 months) but they promptly sent me some new ones.

I was using metal thumbsticks which were a bit loose and thought I'd try their official thumbsticks and they're a tighter fit so the sensitivity issue is now sorted.

They're support is damn good though. In 6 minutes they sent me a reply to my support ticket saying they'll send me some new locking rings asap.

The controllers themselves are expensive but they're so much better than the regular PS4 controllers (no idea about Xbone controllers) because they actually fit your hands rather than being way too small. The interchangeable thumbsticks are nice too as the PS4 ones are absolute horseshit.