User Tag List

Page 18 of 142 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868118 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep. Maths are right and it’s an absolute no brainier.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transitioning from offline to online gameplay on this is rough. It's really difficult to adjust too.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve no idea why, but relative to how shit I am, I’m finding online easier than offline this year.

Fox humped me 7-0 or something when we played last year and I lost on pens and 2-0 to him so far this.

I was nailing offline last year, even featuring in the top 100 for squad battles by the end, I’m light years away from that in this version.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I’ve no idea why, but relative to how shit I am, I’m finding online easier than offline this year.

Fox humped me 7-0 or something when we played last year and I lost on pens and 2-0 to him so far this.

I was nailing offline last year, even featuring in the top 100 for squad battles by the end, I’m light years away from that in this version.
    Totally agree. I never made top 100 after all the games of squad battles but i was well into elite 1. Hit 90k multiple times. Online for me in division rivals (div 5) is really fun.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost a couple of very irritating games simply through having the worse team. One was a 4-3 that I dragged from 3-0 to 3-3, then lost on a counter at the end. The next was even more annoying. 2-0 up and El Sha and Zaza spooned 3 or 4 chances at the 3rd. He made a change to go for it and got it back to 2-2, then I perfectly slide block a cross he had right at the end, only for Hazard to fall over my man and get him a penalty.

After that I decided to YOLO and put in the loan Dries Mertens. Good lord does he feel good compared to my other players. No wonder people with these teams cut me open. I need this goodness. I can only imagine what the likes of Salah feel like.

I'm sat on about 600 WL points myself, so I don't think I'll be making it this week. I get 80 points per win, so I'd need 15 wins plus DR prize, by Thursday night to make it this weekend.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something to keep in mind. Last year when we played I had the most Meta of Meta teams. At this point I have garbage that can't pass or finish.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Something to keep in mind. Last year when we played I had the most Meta of Meta teams. At this point I have garbage that can't pass or finish.
    Yeah, I thought about that, but then I was also sporting a team with Icons in it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way I can practice skill moves and the like unchallenged by the AI but using a normal camera angle and not the absolutely pointless one in the arena?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way I can practice skill moves and the like unchallenged by the AI but using a normal camera angle and not the absolutely pointless one in the arena?
    Single match vs CPU and turn all sliders to low, switch sides and make them ultra defensive and practice your skill moves in your own half. Used it to perfect la croquetta, as well as setting the match to 20 mins each way.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More recently I’ve also done it in squad battles on lowest difficulty as the cpu doesn’t even challenge. Score 5 goals in 5 in game minutes as well and walk away with 650 odd SB points.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've knocked this up. Seems to be the best I can do for a full new team with my 100k. Though I am looking to see what I can get from the EPL/Bundesliga for about the same cost.
    I'm not sure I like that midfield.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got Tah and one of the Benders (RB one) in my packs. Nothing of use.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are Fekir’s work rates like Fox?

As much as I love Kondogbia (I have him in the middle) I really want a destroyer (with a modicum of pace) who just sits there and brutalises people.

In fact, I’ll whack the team up tonight and look at options.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are Fekir’s work rates like Fox?

As much as I love Kondogbia (I have him in the middle) I really want a destroyer (with a modicum of pace) who just sits there and brutalises people.

In fact, I’ll whack the team up tonight and look at options.
    High/Medium, it's on the top of the card. The workrates is why I haven't built it yet.

I'd like to go full on from one league, because it's easier to upgrade those, but I'm at an awkward stage with the coins.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prime Icon Pick Pack SBC with ridiculous requirements.

Rip cheap icons

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good news for those investors of 84+ cards.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Verratti's price has increased. Easiest 150K I have ever made.

Sitting on 350K at the moment with another 90K coming on Thursday (rewards). I have never known it be so easy to collect coins.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Icon SBC's. Interesting.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Requirements are a joke. Wish I'd bought an Icon though, would have made 150k clean overnight.

EDIT: Make that 200k. Rookie mistake, rookie.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would anyone do that SBC to get Okocha for example, when you can just buy a tradeable version of him for less anyway.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's insanity and EA are huge twats, because if this is the way we're going now then you can also no longer grind towards SBCs as they're only available for a month.

I mean, they have the data, so what do I know, but I can't believe this will work for them as to open enough packs to afford one of those icons you'd need to plough hundreds of pounds in.

On the plus side, when Keylor Navas sells I'll have over 800k. Big ticket players have all gone as I thought I'd cash in, but the 83s to 85s will definitely go for more when actual worthwhile icons get released, so I've kept most of those (bar the obvious exceptions like Koke).

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess maybe they think the time pressure will force people into it?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The investment in Busquets, Iniesta and Muller amongst others worked out then. Well over 200k profit after tax and I’m well on my way to van Dijk and Varane to anchor my two teams.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished the night on 821k and still have Kroos, IFs, OTW's and loads of 83s to 85s in the club and another 39k to come on Thursday morning.

Only played two games, both online, winning the first 4-1 and losing the second 2-0. The latter was a deserved loss, albeit I was annoyed not to score one, but the pressing was something else. In a 3-5-2, he was swamping me everywhere and it was impossible to play out at times.

I think I've got an idea of what I want the d-pad tactics to be now, I just need to write them all down and map them out. One will be to leave a striker forward at all times when facing that shit. Teams doing it definitely tire after 70 minutes as it's happening in every game I play against these arse holes, but you have to still be in the game to have a chance and I need an outlet to take the pressure off. I'll be sacrificing some defensive solidity, but if I can switch it on the fly then that might just work.

Reached 1,029 Fut Champs points now, so over halfway there, which is nice. No hateful Squad Battles games played either tonight and I've enjoyed my time on the game much more as a result.

Oh and a note for some players in the side. Fahrmann becomes the first player in the club to reach 200 games and Dembele is looking likely to be first to make 100 goals, sitting as top scorer at the moment with 91 from 175 games. Both OTW Promes (77 in 130) and IF Ben Yedder (80 in 114) have better strike rates, but Ousmane should still get there first.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm now putting out these sides, having sold the aforementioned desirables...

Team 2

I'd like to add IF Hulk and Willian in place of NIF Hulk / Bakambu, which will be in reach on Thursday through rewards coin, but I'm open to being swayed by new TOTW or an Icon too.
    Last edited by The Merse; 16-10-2018 at 01:34 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is David Alaba any good? His stats look as though he is, but you never hear of anyone bothering with him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he has a low defensive workrate on this version.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    H/M

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Squad Battles easier (and infinitely more fun) on Legendary than World Class or Professional? Just played against a 180 (reduced a bit by bronze benching), had loads more space, actually enjoyed it and won 2-1.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    H/M
    Kimmich has a H/L

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is Squad Battles easier (and infinitely more fun) on Legendary than World Class or Professional? Just played against a 180 (reduced a bit by bronze benching), had loads more space, actually enjoyed it and won 2-1.
    I played one last night and got the usual EA nonsense loss. Battered the AI for 120 mins to lose to a header and a ping pong pass flick up for volley. I found the level about the same just need to take my chances before the AI can do that to me

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find Legendary to be completely hit and miss. Some games are enjoyable, with the AI feeling smooth and tough to play against but offering space and chances throughout, and then I'll play a game against a 75 rated side with 60 chem and just get blown away and be 3 down in 20 minutes.

I need to really put SB to one side and focus more on the online side of things.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was my plan, but they've put another fucking Futswap reward in the Squad Battles rankings, which naturally pushes the points needed up and draws me back in further as a result.

I've only played three games so far in this week's cycle, but I haven't technically missed any yet and have also pretty much secured rank two in division rivals already (and am miles away from rank 1) so I know I'm going to play more SB, at least until Thursday.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was looking at some of the TOP players in my career to see if any had contracts expiring and it just so happens a 23 year old Mbappe is not signing with PSG.

He took a 60k a week pay cut and has agreed to join my Fiorentina team

My wingers are now batshit. I have an 88 rated Neres, 89 rated Vinicius Junior, 89 rated newgen (that I poached from PSG) and in the Summer I will have Mbappe.

I was fitting the three in by having two play on the wing and the third either as a striker or an auxiliary CM. Fuck knows what I will do when Mbappe comes in.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play one at full back and get them to overlap the fuck out of it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally getting to grips with Legendary. 7 wins out of 8 and a clean sweep in my last 4.

On the downside, I'll be playing to Elite 1 again this week no doubt. Sigh.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another win on Legendary this morning. Not scoring enough goals is the only problem now.

Picked up IF Sabitzer and IF De Ligt for 31k and 14k respectively.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm getting sucked back in to completing all the SB games again. Something about leaving those points up for grabs means I just waste my time playing 3 or 4 of those a night, and missing out Rivals games, which seem to be more enjoyable on the whole.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arnautovic looks very good, already using his NIF so will probably pick him up. Tempted to bring in Mitro too and move to 2 up front.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of those interest me, but nice to see Al Soma.

And how the hell did Sterling not get one?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    None of those interest me, but nice to see Al Soma.

And how the hell did Sterling not get one?
    I think the cut off for the TOTW is Sunday, and that's why Dzeko didn't get one either.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, fair point, but that never means they get one the following week does it.

Just lost a Squad Battle on Legendary where I had 70% possession and the shithouse AI sat back all game bar the last 5 minutes when I gave a sloppy goal away and they went full tiki-taka mental and scored from an unstoppable corner header in the last minute.

Good in a way I guess as I need to release the shackles of this absolutely awful mode (and this sort of shit makes me more inclined to) and I'm still in Elite 1 on 19,000 points with one game left tonight, so should have to play minimal games to get to Elite 3 from here on in.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just lost 7-2 in a game I dominated to just nudge me back into Rank 3. I can't be doing with this team for much longer. At least I hope it's the team. My finishing is still shite. Hopefully that's the players.

Problem is I've just taken 3 close losses and then that pumping back to back. Skill rating now lowered to the point of me really needing to consider if I want to play another game. I probably need to, in order to keep Rank 3 safe though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally pulled an IF from a bronze pack. Genuinely didn’t think it was possible.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After going into DR wanting to sure it up, I've managed to go on about an 8 game streak without a win. I'm just lost.

Case in point was my last match. The guy put his controller down every time I was on attack and I couldn't get anything going. Everything was auto blocked or intercepted. He smashed in a 30 yarder with Mane, then crossed one in for Firmino to bicycle kick in from the edge of the area.

My record is now 16-2-22 and I feel shite at this game.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The reality is it’s that it’s a bad game engine.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking forward to the player pick later. Bailey, VDV and Lukaku probably the only ones who’d fit in, fully anticipating Malinowski and Pandev being the best for me to choose from.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Just lost 7-2 in a game I dominated
    I mean idk fam

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    I mean idk fam
    Most of my games are following this script. I have 55-60% of the ball, usually stuck just outside the edge of their box with it, passing it about pointlessly hoping for a gap. Finally get chance to shoot and it gets blocked or my player scuffs it. They then counter me and either smash one in from outside the box or race past to the byline for the cutback.