User Tag List

Page 12 of 142 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    You only get one rare player from the three.
    Cheers, bit of a risk then. Guess it depends how cheaply I can get the two Liverpool players I need.

I may splurge at some point, but this is so much more enjoyable when you haven’t whacked any FIFA points in. Feels like I’ve really earned every coin I have and am much less prone to knee jerk market decisions as a result.

Last year I’d have just bitten the bullet and spent the 20k last night to get them and moved on.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    I know a few people got buyers remorse last year on the untradeable SBC cards, but for me, the 10k (plus 35k of players I already had but could have sold) was worth it. As much as anything, I will use him solidly for a couple of months I should think, during which time comparable players picked up for coins will have depreciated. I'll have a supersub after that, as Promes and POTM Salah became for me later on in the game, and eventually he'll become an 86-rated SBC fodder, as those cards did last year. Win-win all around if you're able to use the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I’ve only got Lucas as a super sub and he hasn’t done much for me so far, but given how cheap he and the packs back I’d say the SBC is worth doing. If you’re running a Prem team it’s almost a no brainier.
    Cheers all, I think I'll look into getting him tonight, provided the market has calmed down a bit. A lot of crap cards were selling for upwards of 2k last night.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The market will calm down fully when the UCL sbcs have ended.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay finally won an online match.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm down to just one squad of players. For all the cash I ploughed into it and the bonus of having all the pregame packs that came with the Ultimate Edition, I currently have the Brazilian squad above and that's it. Maybe 5,000 coins left.

I'm definitely doing something wrong as I feel I should have a lot more than I do. Feels like a hole in the club and the players are leaking out.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is fucking horseshit. I'm down 1-0 and he/she quits and still gets the win. Fuck off!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiffy View Post
    What camera are you using in matches?
    Co-op.

Care to elaborate, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts?
    Right, we'll start with shooting. There's an obvious glitch at the moment that makes you do a weak little side foot nonsense shot when you're trying for a power shot in certain situations, so regardless how good your striker is it's impossible to properly judge a finish.

That's if your striker gets in position in the first place. I've tested this one, and Aguero with his 92 positioning will make exactly the same runs, at the same time, as Lys Mousset with his 65. Even when forcing a run they'll often do mental things like charge straight towards a defender when there's space for them to move into.

The passing system itself is fine, but again, it seems like a player's ability doesn't have much to do with the success of an individual pass. Jose Holebas will ping seventy yard passes crossfield all day, but introduce a bit of traffic and suddenly Jorginho with his nigh on 90 passing is indistinguishable from Etienne Capoue.

I could probably moan for another hour but I'm on my phone.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got web app access granted today so slogged through the Lucas SBC in a couple hours at work. Pulled Busquets from one of the packs which let me build a decent starting team:

Also pulled UCL Taison and UCL Rafinha so in the process of making a national squad.

Finding games tough this year but I do enjoy the gameplay. Passing seems much more intuitive (last I played was 17) but I'm so shit at finishing.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got to play someone much worse than me. Won 5-0.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That CL untradeable upgrade got me good last night. I chucked a shit ton of players into it and ended up getting Jonas, Alex Telles, and Cuardado as the best pulls.

Cuardado will actually be pretty useful for me as I can bring him off the bench to slot in at RF in my Serie A laden first team so I was pleased with the result overall.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at these two for my next upgrades for my team:

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/719...m=10&schem=100

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/804...m=10&schem=100

They look mega.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sold a shit ton of Napoli, Bayern, and Ajax players yesterday for a nice bit of coin... as well as an Adam Lallana yesterday for 10k. Even the 77's were going for 1500-2000.

I'm trying to chuck every silver player I have into the market to see if the Silver Pack Method is going to be a thing. So far, only sold one for a nominal fee.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Koulibaly card has me especially intrigued. I might pull the trigger on that today. I already have Bonucchi and Skriniar(spl) (along with De Vrij and Barzaghi).

That Manolas card looks tasty af with that pace # but in fairness I haven't necessarily felt beat for speed at any point so far (though I haven't exactly strayed too far from squad battles).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    That's if your striker gets in position in the first place. I've tested this one, and Aguero with his 92 positioning will make exactly the same runs, at the same time, as Lys Mousset with his 65. Even when forcing a run they'll often do mental things like charge straight towards a defender when there's space for them to move into.
    Hallelujah! I agree with the rest of your post, but this point is so bang on the money I had to single it out because I've barely heard it mentioned anywhere.

The number of times I'll be on a break or just moving forwards and my striker will either check his run and inexplicably start running horizontally, or worse, run back towards me, is an absolute shambles.

This isn't as noticeable in online play, but in squad battles, due to the way the defenders are so compact, it makes it pointless even trying in favour of just rinsing a timed finesses instead.

The side foot thing is also infuriating.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TotW De Marcos and Stark would fit right into my teams.

Could cash in on Meunier by using the former too, assuming he'll be cheaper.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John, try a different camera angles. I went for feel broadcast I think. Makes a huge difference if passing etc is on assisted. Also, take off times shooting. It's shit. I found I won a lot more.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    inexplicably start running horizontally, or worse, run back towards me, is an absolute shambles.
    well remember, if you tap RB/R1 in this one (similar to how you'd tap LB/L1 to send a player on a run) it tells the player to come back to you.

I'm sure this isn't the issue but just wanted to mention just in case.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    well remember, if you tap RB/R1 in this one (similar to how you'd tap LB/L1 to send a player on a run) it tells the player to come back to you.

I'm sure this isn't the issue but just wanted to mention just in case.
    Yep, I'm definitely not doing that. The players just make runs in an utterly retarded way compared to FIFA18.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Settled for spending 12k to get the two Liverpool players in the end, which sickened me, but hey ho.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a Jumbo Silver Pack from the buy a player objective reward and it makes me even more convinced that Silver Pack method might just work this year.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My silvers haven't really moved but I'm also listing them for like 500 so that's probably it

I reckon maybe i don't understand the 'pack method' bit as well as i should, but so far no real loss.

Just gonna keep relisting and maybe they'll slowly trickle out

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally packed something worthy. Did the under the light SBC, gave up the 2 shit UCL cards i got yesterday and got Koulibaly and Kondogbia. Shame it wasn't the CL Koulibaly card.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bruhnaldo View Post
    My silvers haven't really moved but I'm also listing them for like 500 so that's probably it

I reckon maybe i don't understand the 'pack method' bit as well as i should, but so far no real loss.

Just gonna keep relisting and maybe they'll slowly trickle out
    It'll really start to make bank when more league SBC's are rolled out. With no silvers in Gold or Bronze packs they're going to be in short supply.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shocking pack luck tonight.

Binmen from my UCL pack, the Jumbo Premium Gold one, the Rare Electrum one and 3 UCL upgrade packs.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking they may do another Champions League SBC based around Man United vs Juventus so I am tempted to stock up on cheap United gold players.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bought 87 Pique for 13k and (another) 86 Muller for 6k. Madness.

If the values increase as they did last year I'm probably sat on upwards of 600k worth of players now once the SBC's kick in.

Also it's time to try Diego Costa.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pairing of Fred and IF Leiva is way better than it should be. I've gone for Paulinho as an upgrade on Gustavo but I haven't tried him yet.

Slowly getting the most out of Vinicious Jr and the other Lucas. Key was editing tactic to get in behind, Gabriel Jesus as a CF. I think makes me 4-1-2-3 which is the best thus far for me.

I've quit for the week, I'm not going to qualify for the weekend league but have done enough for division 5 rank 3 rewards. I could pull an all nighter and go for rank 2 however I don't think have it in me.

Tomorrow we get the rewards, right? If so, what day do you get the packs for the Ultimate Edition? I'm curious if I get them again even though I seem to have had them all at the very beginning.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't have had them all at the beginning, but if you've somehow struck lucky you'll get another two on Sunday at midnight.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Looking at these two for my next upgrades for my team:

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/719...m=10&schem=100

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/804...m=10&schem=100

They look mega.
    Standard Manolas has been great for me, so recommend that wholeheartedly. Koulibaly’s IF has +1 physical over the UCL version btw.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You shouldn't have had them all at the beginning, but if you've somehow struck lucky you'll get another two on Sunday at midnight.
    Here's hoping. As is, all I actually did is create a PSN ID with a new email to download the Ultimate Edition, I even formatted the PS4 prior to it.

Hopefully tomorrow's rewards are decent because I'm qualifying for next weekend's league whether I have to throw a sicky or two.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FUCK

Just bid 9.9k for Julian fucking Weigl after mis-clicking whilst investing for next week's possible UCL Matchups.

What kind of dickhead list players for 9.9k/10k BIN simply to catch people out?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably people hoping a MM boosts the price and aren't willing to take less.

What kind of dickhead doesn't look where they're clicking? Does the web app not have click conformation when you're bidding?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Presumably people hoping a MM boosts the price and aren't willing to take less.

What kind of dickhead doesn't look where they're clicking? Does the web app not have click conformation when you're bidding?
    Only on buy it nows, it's single click for a normal bid and the bidding on potential UCL players has ramped up somewhat tonight, guessing many have realised like myself it's a safer bet than the general MM's if it is to become a regular thing.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have to use timed finishing in online games?

I saw Smiffy's point about turning it off and I'm tempted to.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have to use timed finishing in online games?

I saw Smiffy's point about turning it off and I'm tempted to.
    Yep.

I've gotten used to it now, the bar is essential though, which does make it feel a bit like the PSX era when there were a million low budget footie games like Red Card knocking about using Virtua Striker UI template.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the two mega packs and two consumable packs. Got Bruno Fernandes 83 at best. Atleast I got a bunch of rares to use in SBCs.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what to do. Got T1 D5 so options are -
    1. 58k
    2. 2 x Premium Gold Jumbo, 1 Rare Player Packs, 1 x Mega Packs
    3. Double the above but all untradeable.

3 seems like a huge pull should be in order with plenty of bits to help me with SBCs, but untradeables are also a pain, obviously, whilst the 58k isn’t hugely important to me right now as I’m not really chasing any particular players.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went for option 1. A couple of Prem players but nothing special. I'm going to grind like a bitch this week.

Sold em and bought the last premium pack I could...

Toggle Spoiler

Maybe 50-70k worth of pack?
    Last edited by Smiffy; 04-10-2018 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hybrid Nations complete. Got Matuidi as best. Actually been eyeing him since yesterday. Trying to build a PL/Serie A team.

What I've got at the moment. Not sure who to fill the empty spots with. Sandro would be sweet at LB but probably damn expensive.
    https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/429279

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancemeister View Post
    Hybrid Nations complete. Got Matuidi as best. Actually been eyeing him since yesterday. Trying to build a PL/Serie A team.

What I've got at the moment. Not sure who to fill the empty spots with. Sandro would be sweet at LB but probably damn expensive.
    https://www.futbin.com/19/squad/429279
    Clearing out my club, I also have Hamsik and Matudi just sitting there doing nothing. I may also go down the PL/Serie A team team.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Packed Guedes from the puzzler sbc. Guedes on the LW linking with Kondogbia. Also got Ousmane Dembele although he's RW maybe he could play LW then he links with Lacazette

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went for Koulibaly CL last night at around 80k. His IF was like 120k at the time so I didn't figure +1 physical was worth 40k. Pretty beastly so far.

Think Manolas is next for me. Would also like to get Matuidi, if anything but to be a nice rotational/off the bench mid to spell my current starters Radja, Hamsik, and SMS.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The upgrades on the UCL players just aren't worth the increase in cost, but they do look very nice and shiny so I indulged myself last night and brought in Renato Sanches' card for 5k.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What icons we all looking at this year then? Of all the new ones I really want Keane and Giggs. Will have to be Prime Giggs since I now have untradeable UCL Sane on the left.

RVN is probably a beast so might be worth a look.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think I've prepared for the Marquee Matchups perfectly. More luck than judgement obviously, but I'll take that.

EDIT: But the rewards are shit so it won't matter.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 04-10-2018 at 05:13 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I need Keane, Scholes and Ruud.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't bother with them. I used a couple last year but the very fact of the Icon card means it costs about six times what a current player with the same stats would so none of them lasted for me. What I would very much like is another fifteen versions of Son.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought X7 Kompanys for around the 7000 - 8000 mark in the hope of an Eden Hazard POTM card.

Hoping it pays off.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't bother with them. I used a couple last year but the very fact of the Icon card means it costs about six times what a current player with the same stats would so none of them lasted for me. What I would very much like is another fifteen versions of Son.
    Icons have some special hidden stats though I feel.

They always played better than players equal of even slightly better than them.

Even the shittest Vieira card was better than most other cards at CDM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really want George Best personally.