User Tag List

Page 80 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290130 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 4,000 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was my first thought, but I don't have enough to do Baresi first.

There are 4 weeks left for both, so I'll sit on things for a bit.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like it's about 1m coins for Crespo. Half of that is the Icon requirement.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is damn good value.

I paid 1.5m for my tradeable one ages ago and I don't regret it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also this:

He costs 130k to do and will strong link to De Ligt and Dumfries.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    100% getting that card no questions.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know how the requirements for the Leao objective work?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Win 14 games using Ligue 1 players.

You can't use (even as subs) those leagues mentioned or Icons.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but does the 11 include the bench, do I need to use those players on the bench if I start with 8 Ligue 1 players?

4-3 now in weekend league, with a loss on pens after a 4-4 draw. My defending is horrible, which I can only assume is down to playing Roberto Firmino in midfield.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Yeah, but does the 11 include the bench, do I need to use those players on the bench if I start with 8 Ligue 1 players?

4-3 now in weekend league, with a loss on pens after a 4-4 draw. My defending is horrible, which I can only assume is down to playing Roberto Firmino in midfield.
    I love Firmino very much but I tried it myself a couple of weeks back. Replace him ASAP.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looking at Kante, but that does mean I'm going to need more offensively from Keane, which might just work with a Maestro.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did De Jong. I knew he was coming, called it in here, I should have bought De Ligt ffs

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kante in. Some food and back on it.

If I can do 8 more games tonight I might be able to do all 30 this weekend.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is of course possible that having Marcelo and Dani Alves as full backs isn't helping much either, so if I'm still shipping goals after this Marcelo is going to have to go.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 19-01-2019 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have them set to stay back whilst attacking?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They're on the middle setting. Will they still go forward if I change them due to their workrates?

Seems a bit pointless having the best attacking full backs in the game if they never go past the halfway line and I love the overlap.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can shift them to be more attacking.

Up on D-Pad then select attacking full backs.

A lot of people always put them on stay back but then change it if they need/want a bit more of an attacking threat.

Edit: Just had my tightest game. I was the better player but he seemed to do really well at being stout in the final third so I struggled for chances with most coming from long range at strange angles. Went to extra time and I grabbed one through a rebound which dropped to Scholes. He then managed to get a goal back just after the half in extra time when he did some nice work in the box after a cross to roll it back for Zlatan.

Luckily not long after the restart I found Raul in a touch of space and made him pay with a great finish. Raul could have made it 3 late on but put it wide although it didn't matter.

8-1 and I'm done for the night I think. I'll probably only push for 3 more wins as the TOTW isn't likely to be great. People will get excited about Mbappe but Cavani scored the same amount but got 2 more assists.
    Last edited by Sir Andy Mahowry; 19-01-2019 at 08:49 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4-4 with another loss on pens after a 2-2 draw.

Felt much more defensively sold though.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would you not recommend Marcelo then Yev? I'm currently in the process of liquidating the shit in my club and I should be able to afford him. The stats are insane on paper and a lot of people have been playing him in midfield with good results, not sure if he's a bit wasted at left back.

Other option is to rush through the Baresi SBC and throw him into Rivaldo. Would allow me to play Zlatan on 10 chemistry also.

Annoyingly EA seem to have put a limit on selling players. I keep getting 30 minute blocks from the transfer market and all I'm doing is selling non rare golds for 600-700 a time.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Marcelo's very good obviously, but he genuinely doesn't feel much better than Dani Alves and there was a 1m coin difference in cost between the two and I think I preferred 3IF Lala and Dani Alves to him.

What I would say is don't touch Rivaldo, his 2 star weak foot makes him unusable. Sure he'll shine against anyone you should beat, but against anyone where it's tight or they're the better player he'll frustrate the fuck out of you.

5-4 now, with a 5-4 win. Kante's helped, but I seem to be conceding so many goals from the following:

Kick off goals. 3 of the 4 in that last match were.
    Tackles I win going straight back to the opposition
    Being countered from free kicks in the opposition half

So frustrating as I don't know what to do about any of them. Perversely it seems that a product of me scoring loads more goals and being a threat in the final third is to concede loads more due to a combination of the above.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As mentioned above I did De Jong. De Ligts price is falling back down. Big problem is I got on my console for the first time to check it out.

I can’t fit him in without wrecking someone’s chem

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I genuinely have no idea what to do for free kicks where the angle changes and it's not a shooting opportunity. Feels like if I whip it in the angles are all wrong and if I play it short I get surrounded by players.

This is what I'm looking at now (Zlatan will play CAM in game):

Options are:
    1. Pick up Marcelo and play Gnabry and Ibra off chem.
    2. Get an icon left winger (Nedved or Overmars) and buy a cheap left back.
    3. Shift Moore and or Shearer and bring in TOTY Varane also. Benefit of this is that he's not leaving my team all year but spending the best part of 2M on a centre back is rough.

Leaning towards Nedved right now, I'm a sucker for nostalgia.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could change to a 4-3-3 and have only Ibra off chem but starting him in midfield.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-8 now.

Getting countered so much.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rallied to win the last 3 to go 8-8 and called it a night at that.

Should be able to at least get the three wins to push for Silver 1 and depending on how long that takes I may go for Gold 3.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just found out that stamina doesn't affect cpu controlled players. i.e. they have full stamina at all times, even after you've been playing constant pressure for 90 minutes.

What in the fuck?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and I saw the Ultimate Packs in store had a 5%+ chance to get a Future Star, so another 12k went in.

Toggle Spoiler
    Last edited by Yevrah; 20-01-2019 at 02:58 AM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bastard.

I got a Ramos from one which meant I was able to buy a clean Trent for 550k.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figure it's a gift from EA in lieu of not giving me a TOTY.

They're both massively overpriced and will be sold.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn that purple flare looks nice.

Haven't been able to add to my games played as I had family over today. 25 games left and I'd have to play them all in the day. Might be a case of hitting 11 and then leaving it.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed, the flare has made me want to pack one even more.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want packs and to tick off some SBCs in the meantime, FUTBIN has the challenge list filter and you can order by value for coin.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sat there in shock both times really so didn't get to appreciate it fully.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to work out if there’s any way to get de Jong into a starting XI. At the very least, he’s the supersub of dreams, so I’ll probably do him.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    I've just found out that stamina doesn't affect cpu controlled players. i.e. they have full stamina at all times, even after you've been playing constant pressure for 90 minutes.

What in the fuck?
    Bollocks surely. Source? Otherwise how do I clearly burn past players with lesser reasction and pace from 70 mins+?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nepenthez was talking about it on stream.

I'll see what I can find.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fekir from the Fut Stars SBC. My account has obviously been boosted.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Trying to work out if there’s any way to get de Jong into a starting XI. At the very least, he’s the supersub of dreams, so I’ll probably do him.
    Same problem. I do have RTTF Tagliafico as an investment so that will help but my central 3 in midfield is FUTMAS KDB, Keane and Pogba

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to try the 4-2-3-1 again. Any tips?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Play wide. Don't always cut in.

Most people play their full back unprotected with a winger staying forward. You can use this to test how good they defend.

Pass the ball to your RAM/LAM. If they commit their full back(who should be quite near) they'll try and nip in front of you. Mostly though you'll have a situation where their full back is right behind your guy and you're facing your own goal. Now use a LB + A pass to your full back. Your attacker will now make a run in behind the full back and this is where you tell how they defend. You're giving them one of 3 options.

1. They turn their full back and follow the run back. This usually indicates a good defender. In this case, you now have plenty of room to run up with the ball at the feet of the full back

2. They switch to another player to hound you/cut a passing lane. This is the middle ground. This will let his full back revert to his workrates and instructions. No matter how they're set, an out of position High/low guy(Marcelo, Alves) isn't going to follow that run. However your next pass is being anticipated so pick a safe one and try and work it back over behind the full back.

3. They follow the ball out with their full back to close you down. This is the jackpot and what you want to see. He now has a giant hole on one side of his team and your attacker is running into it. The best way to attack here is to lay it back to your full back first. This gives the illusion you are going to go over the top, which will have him sprinting to try and cut that out. However he'll probably get to you before your attacker is in prime position to be passed to. So the best pass is into your CAM. This works by both taking his full back way out of position and now your attacker is ready for a first time Y pass. Assuming you have a decent CAM(you have FUTMAS De Bruyne so he could barely get any better) he'll have that ball sent in behind and 7/10 you'll be behind his defence. Rare occasions will see the ball too short or too long, but in most cases you're good.

He'll now have to drag a CB out which will leave holes for runners. If you played this to your LAM for example, your CAM, ST and RAM will all be running in only being covered by 2 players. His other CB and his LB.

Option 3 is how I've been beating players on this run, which now extends to 7-0. The last game was against a guy I was dominating, but I hit the post/bar 7 times. Not including the goal I scored just to win 1-0, in todays edition of 'Shit goals wot I scored or saw' : https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sniper-wol...video/67688353

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Fox. I'll give it a crack on the morrow.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They still haven't changed the fucking position change problem. Its still broken.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    They still haven't changed the fucking position change problem. Its still broken.
    Been fine for me in all but one game all year. What specifically are you doing? I thought swapping in a particular order was an issue in that game.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not doing anything that should cause an issue. If I make a substitution and change player instructions, Kante shouldn't then move to LW. if I press pause and check my formation, Kante is at CDM but if play in-game and check the player rating screen. He is at LW.

It does not appear to happen all the time. it affects me quite often though. I can't change formations in fear it will break. I haven't played probably for weeks but this is my first WL ive entered in that time and im done at silver 1 with a record of 12-6.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First game of the day and it's a 4-0 win in a rage quit at half-time to go 9-8.

Mbappe hat-trick and the space in behind was unreal. I was playing someone not great, but the chances I was creating were basically all goals. Only had 6 shots.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've won a penalty shoot-out!!!!!!!!!!

10-8. 5 wins in a row now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lost a penalty shootout in game 19, but then won a really tight game with an Mbappe steamrolling the defence effort to go 11-9 and get Silver 1. 3 wins from 10 needed to get Gold 3.

I'l obviously go for that and hopefully I can rattle through them reasonably quickly then have a go at that Fut Stars objective.

4-2-3-1 is such a solid formation, but I'm miles from getting it purring offensively like Fox does. As you said though buddy when you're playing someone bad the LB+A to the full back is lethal.

Tempted to unleash loan TOTY Neymar for the last few games of this run, but it does mean fucking about with position cards to preserve 10 chem all round. Albeit I may buy his normal card sooner than I thought due to last night's FUT stars haul.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite keen to work de Ligt in beside Varane. I like him as a player and with a Shadow he looks like another End Game card, but it’s only going to happen with van der Sar and Seedorf in tow, and with that Vinicius on the left so I don’t need Griezmann starting at CM. I’d prefer to wait to liquidate until the La Liga SBC is out as I have it complete, and will sell as opposed to completing it unless it grants me a 90+ quick midfielder, which I can’t see based on the cards we’ve had from the League SBCs so far.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3 losses in a row, including one that was offensive, take me to 11-12 and 7 games left to get 3 wins.

With this team I've been an absolute embarrassment this weekend.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    9-9 so far and probably a fair reflection on how I've played. A couple of lucky wins combined with a few games where I've felt hard done by, so I feel like it's all evened out.

Made a few alterations to my custom tactics with regards to my attacking build up and I feel like it has worked, I'm creating more chances and it seems as if I always have a spare man for the pass now. Aiming for 14 wins when I am able to get back on this evening.