User Tag List

Page 4 of 142 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I will use Squad Battles as my default game mode this FIFA. Given there is a monumental change in the shooting dynamic. I think I may dive into the weekend league and tournaments. Im thinking, you cant turn off the shooting dynamic in online game modes?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure as I haven't tried yet. Got a reasonably decent team from my starter packs and objective rewards (Fred, Plea and a few other decent players, I'll whack it up later) and am now sat at 10k of coins and about 100 players in the club.

Have 7 hours of the trial left, so I think I'm going to rinse all of the catalogue loan players I can and spend the time getting as many wins on Squad Battles as possible.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My first team. It's shit, but it's mine, wank chemistry and all.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t they remove legacy defending from Squad Battles?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Didn’t they remove legacy defending from Squad Battles?
    On the demo it is still there. I find it much easier than FIFA 18 to tackle of tactical defending based on the demo.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah in kick off and that it will be but I am 99% sure it’s gone in SBs as of this year

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen..._defending_in/
    Last edited by Danny; 20-09-2018 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legacy defending can definitely no longer be used in squad battles.

EDIT: Which is good news actually, because were it still there, I'd use it.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the choice of rewards for Division Rivals. Finishing in the third tier in D6 via a single 6-0 win gave me a choice of 1. 1 Megapack and a rare consumables 2. 2 x Megapack, 2 x rare consumables but both untradeable and 3. 27k coins.

I took (2) to buffer out my card pool, can see myself taking others depending on what I’m after at the time in future. I’ve gone up to D5 and have double the points needed for top tier with about 3.5 hours left now.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Started a FUT League for some lads in our supporter's group so I'm gonna be going hard on it this year.

Literally any suggestions or advice greatly appreciated. I used to just throw a random $20 at it every few weeks because "it's not like I've bought any other games" hoping for a decent player but usually fail.

At any rate, I have EA Access so I'll likely start up tomorrow night after work on my grind.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Assuming Merse didn't make a typo on that 27k, looks like divisions is your best bet. Playing as many games as possible and completing profitable SBCs will net you coins.

I'd avoid spending any in-game coins on packs. Buy players, try them, see if they suit you. Sell the ones that don't, keep the ones that do.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Downloading it now as I have EA Access. Decided to go onto the app to sort out all the welcome packs and starter squad, and managed to pull Keylor Navas in an All Players Pack. Decent.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Assuming Merse didn't make a typo on that 27k, looks like divisions is your best bet. Playing as many games as possible and completing profitable SBCs will net you coins.

I'd avoid spending any in-game coins on packs. Buy players, try them, see if they suit you. Sell the ones that don't, keep the ones that do.
    No typo. In the top tier I’m in now (dunno yet if being in D5 makes any difference, think it just affects the number of weekend league qualification points you amass per win), I’m currently on track for 39k coins or 2 Rare Players packs & consumables. Great rewards for midweek but understandable since it’s replaced not just seasons but also the DKO.

Could also be less rewarding than seasons if you’re the type to go through five or six D1/2 seasons every week

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got my code from Amazon but I can't play for another 3 days and 8 hours, ugh.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a reliable way to extend this EA access trial? I'm really enjoying it, have the weekend free, but am down to my last 3/4 hours now.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    No typo. In the top tier I’m in now (dunno yet if being in D5 makes any difference, think it just affects the number of weekend league qualification points you amass per win), I’m currently on track for 39k coins or 2 Rare Players packs & consumables. Great rewards for midweek but understandable since it’s replaced not just seasons but also the DKO.

Could also be less rewarding than seasons if you’re the type to go through five or six D1/2 seasons every week
    How many games did you have to play for your 27k?

Because a run of Div 1 last season got you 15k and that took at least 8 games.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck me, Fred goes for 19k. So tempting to sell.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isnt here a non-rare card? I would have sold that if he is.

I preordered the digital version for £90.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's rare, but he's getting a Champions League version soon, so I doubt his price will hold as a result.

EDIT: He's gone, for 19,750.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 21-09-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Is there a reliable way to extend this EA access trial? I'm really enjoying it, have the weekend free, but am down to my last 3/4 hours now.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/commen...e_still_works/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    How many games did you have to play for your 27k?

Because a run of Div 1 last season got you 15k and that took at least 8 games.

Only really worked as I played that one game on the one day anyone had to play their 5 placement games before the weeks results were rounded up. I’m currently twice the number of points needed for top tier after 9 games in week 2.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This EA access trial, is this for PS4 also?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just PC and Xbox as far as I know Sincere.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've disabled daily gifts on the web app, I assume because it was handing out PL Premium Gold Packs like confetti.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've disabled daily gifts on the web app, I assume because it was handing out PL Premium Gold Packs like confetti.
    I don't understand their business model. Wouldn't it be in their best interest to give us more chance of high rated players in packs so more people open packs. If more people won the lottery each week, I would mark the lottery every week

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yevrah, did you try this?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did, but it didn't work and the irony of wasting some of my trial on trying to extend the trial (and failing) wasn't lost on me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s just a visual effect of making it look like your on the full version. For all those claiming it works, there are a heap of others stating ‘it worked for x hours’ (basically the rest of their allotted 10 hours).

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a thing last year where you could use a second account to get another EA Access subscription and therefore another 10 hours.

Not sure that works this year though.

Bought a fuckload of cheap 84s and 83s and no risk players and now have over 150 in the club. Speculated on Wednesday's marquee matchups with a few of them too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There was a thing last year where you could use a second account to get another EA Access subscription and therefore another 10 hours.

Not sure that works this year though.

Bought a fuckload of cheap 84s and 83s and no risk players and now have over 150 in the club. Speculated on Wednesday's marquee matchups with a few of them too.
    I’ve dumped 15k onto MM predictions. Plenty of 78-80 rated players going for 400-500k from Atlético v Real and Roma v Lazio which you’d expect to feature.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will buying them game from this place allow me to play EA Access (if I sign up to the EA Access) - https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/gam...box-one-cd-key

Wondering if I won't get the code until Tuesday?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This works to extend the trial.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNpAFQwHAPY

Have to pay another £3.99, but it does.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimate Edition + EA Access purchased.

I played my first five division rival games and ended up being placed into division 5 (won 3, lost 2). I currently have 17,000 with the following team,

Gray Sturridge
    Ramsey
    Rashford Pedro
    Gueye
    Delph Jones Keane Kiko Femenia
    Mignolet

I am not sure what to do next. I am tempted to sell Rashford and purchase Jesus who is going for around 55K.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've all but secured Elite 2 in Squad Battles now, but probably need somewhere in the region of 7,000 points from my last four games to get Elite 1. Which is probably a step to far at this stage (Legendary is so much harder this year), but might be possible if I get a three shit teams in my last update.

Sat on 15k in the bank and a Russian/German hybrid for my first team and a back up PL team. Probably got well over 100k in the club now if I liquidated everything.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never played any of the Ultimate Team stuff before but might try it out this year. Is there a good guide to it all for beginners anywhere? Or does anyone want to give me a basic rundown of how it works? I don't understand half of what you lot are talking about in here.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    I've never played any of the Ultimate Team stuff before but might try it out this year. Is there a good guide to it all for beginners anywhere? Or does anyone want to give me a basic rundown of how it works? I don't understand half of what you lot are talking about in here.
    You start your very own club, basically collecting cards like you would have in your Panini sticker books. Only when you own the card, you can then use the player in-game. You then build your cards into a team and play matches with them. You can also collect Kits, Balls, Badges and Stadia to use for yourself too.

When you build your team you need what they call Chemistry. You gain it by linking players of the same league, nation or club. The aim being to get it as close to 100% as possible. Your players will gain small boosts to their in game stats for good chemistry and if it gets low enough, perform worse than their stats.

After 7 games for a fresh player they'll need a contract to play for you again, but these are quite cheap. However players will also lose fitness through playing and feel worse or more tired, each game. Fitness cards are available but expensive. If you make a 2nd team and put the players from team 1 on the bench and reserve spots, they'll gain fitness back so long as they don't come on to play.

There are 4 tiers of players, bronze, silver, gold and Icons. The best players are your top golds. Lower league and younger players go down the scale. Forget Icons for now as they are usually end game players.

When you start you will be given a jumbo pack of mostly bronze and maybe some gold or silver players who are pretty crap, but have 99 game contracts. The idea is to build that team into a team of superstars or your favourite players.

You have things to help you gain in-game coins to do this, such as 1000 coin boosts found in the catalogue and the ability to do Squad Builder Challenges(SBCs).
    For SBCs you have to submit a team of cards that meet a certain criteria. For example the squad must be rated 82 and have 60 chemistry. Some will give you packs back, which could have anything in you could sell on. Others reward you with a special version of a player. They vary greatly in price. A special player who is very good will be expensive.
    Usually these are available for a limited time. For example every month the Premier League has a player of the month. In-game the player who wins will get a boosted version of their card. This will then be ready for 1 week and after it has gone, it's gone for good. This is usually expensive and if it's a top player already, be prepared to break the bank. These cards are not tradeable either.

Each week there's a team of the week. Featuring players who played well in real life. Say for example Naby Keita bangs in a hattrick, he's getting in it. The cards here will be upgraded versions of a players standard card. The best part is if someone gets in multiple times, the card stacks the boost on top of the previous boost.
    Mo Salah last season had 12 special cards. So you can imagine just how much better the last one is than his original. He started rated 83 and finished at 98.

You then have Icons who are as stated, Icons of the game. From R9 Ronaldo to Pele to Van Der Sar. Most you can think of will be there. These cards are obscenely expensive though and will only really be there at the end game.
    Solid playing from release day might still take until January to get one, dependant on pack luck.

My tip is to start offline. Make sure you have your 1k coin boosts on and play games. Get a feel for the game and stack some coins. Wait until you have 10k-20k and then build yourself a cheap gold team. This can be done on the first night.
    From there look into doing some of the starter SBCs. They'll teach you how to do them and you'll break even on them. Small chance of a big profit too.

After that take your team into divisions. Make coins and keep building the team. Don't waste money on expensive SBC players unless you know you'll get your worth.
    For example if Hazard gets a POTM card, there's no point spending a potential 500k on it, only to move to a La Liga team next week.

If you feel like you are playing well and you qualify through divisions, give the weekend league a go. If offline is your thing, squad battles is a good coin maker.

Pretty much just keep making coins.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice essay, B+.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydy View Post
    It's the Pro Evo Master League crossed with a sticker album.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Noticed that the story mode has you playing at Highfield Road, if that's available outside that mode I'll put up with all the career mode bollocks they refuse to change.

Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait so you can play Ultimate Team offline? I thought it was only an online thing.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you can indeed.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've packed some beauts from the SBC's, welcome packs and so on to date. With 10 hours gaming and a few days trading behind me I'll be rocking up to face Divisions Rivals again on Tuesday with the below sides, which I'm quite happy with:

Wass, Shaw, Kepa, Kondogbia, Bailly and Sanchez all packed

Largely bought in, with the Serie A defence influenced by packing Cancelo. Donnarumma also packed so will take over once Handanovic's loan ends, and I'd like to add Manolas or |IF Koulibaly, but first and foremost Hulk is needed at RF, but has been extinct since Friday.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finished Elite 2 to get 15k of coins, 2 Mega Packs and 1 Premium Gold Players Pack. The Mega Packs were rubbish (as they always are), but the Premium had 84 Lopes in it, who probably goes for buttons now, but will be worth 6-7k in the long run.

Up to just under 40k of coins so I'll complete today's squad battles with the remaining time from the second EA Access trial and look to invest most of that in players who I think will rise when the full game comes out or offer some short to medium term gain.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't trade on the web app. It was too much work. I've got about 7k from the intro packs. FIFA 19 has been downloaded on the PS with a countdown timer attached to it. 14 hours left or something.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got another Bailey and a Lemar in an SBC pack that cost me 9k to complete. Lemar could fit perfectly into my La Liga EPL hybrid but I’ll provably just sell both for 35k today, use it to finish off the hybrid leagues SBC with 25k+ to spare and keep pulling players instead as Guedes better as a LF for me and a permanent replacement for his loan version will cost less than 5k.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive done the Bundesliga FUT for the past 1.5 games now. Im thinking of building a team around Liga Nos, but it looks terrible. Ligue 1 looks ok though.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was thinking of doing Ligue 1 but I think it looks crap right now.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    I was thinking of doing Ligue 1 but I think it looks crap right now.
    Mbappe is a proper beast on this. His loan card was phenomenal for me.

And with you Sincere, trading on the web app is pretty tedious and sniping seems almost impossible.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get the game 3 days early so ill play and see what is going on from then. I want to play 3 defenders for some reason. I like the look of the new 3142 with the one DM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have probably traded for 30k ish profit and bought a few players into my team for the start to pad out my welcome packs. Once I have the game I’ll look at SBC’s

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mbappe is a proper beast on this. His loan card was phenomenal for me.

And with you Sincere, trading on the web app is pretty tedious and sniping seems almost impossible.
    Yeah but he's seriously costly.

There's fuck all budget options there right now.

Although I do think I'll aim for Ligue 1/French team.