User Tag List

Page 77 of 142 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,850 of 7098

Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get random pauses when navigating menus, but that's to do with EA being useless rather than my controller.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh, I’m back to my old controller after my rage chucking of the newer one (can’t see any damage om it so gonna try returning it as faulty!) and remembered that when I was last using it I noticed it pulling down in Titanfall every so often. I’m seeing that in Fifa too, but it’s less obvious because I’m not looking directly at the player I’m controlling often enough and it’s more subtle as I’m also always holding some direction unlike in Titanfall. Not good. Had A couple of occasions vs Boom where I veered off course, but luckily in harmless situations.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are we talking about drift? If so, this might help.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this work?

Theres a maintanence break at 7am tommorow, make sure to bid on a couple icons for cheap a couple mins before

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My controller is okay, but has this weird feel to the right hand side like it's not quite clicked together properly. As a result it creaks a lot.

@Yevrah I maybe opened about 50 over the course of the weekend. But I do believe certain accounts are earmarked to get better pack pulls than others. I saw one on Twitter earlier who got TOTY Ramos and TOTY Marcelo in the same La Liga upgrade pack. Utter madness.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yevrah, has to be worth a shot. Where did you see that? Wondering if thats 2am my time.

Edit: Rocked a couple of SBs today and I will be doing both Ibra and VVD.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw the announcement for downtime on EA's Twitter and that quote came from an ex Big Brother contestant doing an RTG (not first owner) on Twitch.

Unbelievably not a word of that sentence is a lie.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I guess it's one way to increase your profile

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post

@Yevrah I maybe opened about 50 over the course of the weekend. But I do believe certain accounts are earmarked to get better pack pulls than others. I saw one on Twitter earlier who got TOTY Ramos and TOTY Marcelo in the same La Liga upgrade pack. Utter madness.
    My thinking is that there's a algorithm that is applied to each user based on their categorisation, which influences what they pull, from both free and paid for packs in order maximise the chances that they'll pay for more or some packs. We know the categorisations exist because a user on Reddit requested his personal data held by EA under GDPR about a week after the regulations came in. After an initially confused response, he got what he asked for which was a file containing everything he'd ever done on the game in regards to transfers, packs, the works. Buried deep within the file was a reference to his spending categorisation, IIRC he was classed as an infrequent spender.

If we take youself, and correct me if I'm wrong, but you don't spend money on packs and rarely have if ever. If you've done that for a number of years then they'll know you're not going to if the status quo is maintained and what better way to change that than giving you ridiculous pack luck in an effort to make you think it might just be worth paying for the points. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not having a dig here or envying you packing Ronaldo, Messi and Ramos, you're a cracking player and it's nice to see that calibre of card going to someone on TTH, but I'm not having that those pulls were just luck. Ronaldo, Messi and TOTY Ramos? I don't know what the odds of that are, but if my example above is anything to go by then they're going to be so small as to be almost impossible for someone who plays the game without putting a penny into packs. EA have obviously picked the wrong horse with this one as I can't see you ever putting any money in now, but I bet it works more often than not.

Then there are the legions of stories about people getting far better luck on new accounts. No history on this account so what better way to entice them in? It happened to me last year, in that FIFA 18 was the first FIFA I'd played from the start in 5 years, I put £100 in and packed Roberto Carlos and another icon (can't recall which one) straight off the bat, from Premium Gold Packs no less, within 5 minutes of each other. That's more icons than Tass pulled from putting five grand into Premium Gold Packs at the start of FIFA19.

Then it got to Christmas time and I thought to mix it up with a new account to see what I could generate from scratch. My Sister gets me a game card for Christmas, which I forget about until March, but when I find it figure I may as well chuck into the account (which I'd spent nothing on in a couple of months of playing on) and what's this? Prime Jari Litmanen from £20's worth of points.

The way the odds are worded on the packs is interesting as well "Minimum probability of getting one or more of the OVR etc." Why would they say minimum if the odds are the same for everyone?

As for the streamers and Youtubers, their packs are fucked with to the point it isn't funny. Nepenthez's argument against his being on the 'red list' was that EA hate him and why would they do it on an account that is specifically designed to show you what you can do without paying for packs?

Well unless playing FIFA is your job and you're as good as he is at the game then you can't do that without paying for packs. The man sits on and then flips literally hundreds of consumables at a time, one by one, week after week - no chance anyone with a job and or family has the time to do that shit. And again, not a dig at him, as I actually think he's very very good at what he does, which also answers his other point about why EA would do it with him. They'd do it because it matters not whether they like him or not or that his account is a first owner RTG, what matters is that he's a very popular Youtuber showing people what you can get in packs. And you can do that by spending 100 hours+ a week playing the game, or you could stick a few quid in.

Now these examples are obviously cherry picked and on the other side of the fence there's Bateson, who sticks 600,000 FIFA Points in to get one TOTY, but EA can't apply the same thing for everyone all the time or it'd be so common as to be indisputably true. As it is people suspect, but can't prove it. Mark my words though, they're doing some shady, shady and morally bankrupt shit, there's no doubt about it in my mind. FUT's nearly 10 years old now and they've got data on everyone who has played it in that time, whether they buy packs or not, at what time they buy them, whether they buy them when they've just lost, whether they buy them when an SBC comes out because they have players they'd rather not sell to fund etc. the list is endless and why wouldn't they be manipulating that?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had a similar theory myself about each persons account being tagged one way or the other.

I do think there is some genuine luck involved here and there but as you state, for me to have 3 such cards, what, halfway into the game already? This has been better than all previous FIFA games combined and I've played off and on since UT was a 400 xbox point expansion game mode.

I did put points on once, perhaps in FIFA 15/16, but I never will again. As I've come to realise, if you are smart with what you earn and spend in game and are at least competent at it, you can make all of the coins yourself. Take this promo for example. Yet again the crash on the way in was the biggest, prices stagnated during and are now moving back towards what they were pre-crash. If you had a lot of coin and abstained from this promo but invested a fuck load into one card, you'd be looking at mega bucks right now.

But going back to pack weights they could certainly have my account down as someone who may well put points on if we give him stuff, my next point could also tie into this but this could just be a coincidence.
    I've played this game over the last 3 years and usually when the guaranteed TOTS style SBCs come out I'll take a punt on one but only once. In both FIFA 18 and FIFA 17 I got none other than Sergio Ramos. Now we're in FIFA 19 and surprise, who is the one player I get? As I say that could tie in or just be completely coincidental.

There is going to be a some confirmation bias on this kind of subject, but I definitely think there's something to it. In years gone by I always thought there was a % quota on how much a player is allowed to be on the market. I'm not saying I still believe it but take for example TOTY Ronaldo. This along with Prime R9 will be the most desirable card on the game. The game has millions of players, so what if they decided there were only allowed to have X percentage of players in the game be able to get him. So we get to this TOTY promo, lightning rounds everywhere, the number of players shoots up, so they knock that percentage right down. The same in reverse too.

But if anything, all these pulls and everything else has convinced me spending money on this is fools gold, because at the end of the day, I could pack every prime Icon and sit on 40 million coins. EA would still have my money and we all know the game dies off come June. Then come September it starts all over again. I pay another £50 for the game and then shell out a load more through the year. I just refuse to do that.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's definitely the right call not to spend money on packs. I don't hate myself for doing it this year, but I'd still have an amazing team if I hadn't so there really was no point, but opening packs is fun, which was a dangerous combination over Christmas drinks.

Coincidentally Nepenthez is adamant that EA haven't boosted him and has just taken to Twitter to point that out, with someone from Futbin citing how it wouldn't be possible. I'd say there are some reasonably knowledgeable people in the FIFA community, but they're naive beyond belief if they think they could have even the remotest handle on how EA do things.

Content that's worth over a billion for them vs a bloke with a website in his spare room and a feed that populates player prices? Do me a favour.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In other news I'm bored of my main account and fancy doing something alongside it as a little diversion. Started a new Xbox profile and a new Ultimate Team, but this one is with a few rules.

• Can only use the bronzes given to me in the starter squad, everyone else gets discarded
    • Can't use any welcome packs or gifted Futswap items, everything has to be earned.
    • Can play offline, but have to choose minimum professional difficulty. Only exception here is in seasons where the professional difficulty division 10 has 3 semi-pro games in it
    • Can't use the transfer market to buy anything at all. No staff, no consumables, no players to use in my squad or for SBC's. Only exception is to complete the starter objectives, where I'm allowed to buy the one player needed, play him for one game and then quick sell him.
    • Can use the store, but I'm starting from level 1 on this account so will have to earn the unlocks as we go.
    • Can't use loan players unless they're from an SBC.

Starting off, Jagielka, Rodriguez and Lallana (that one hurt) have to be binned, along with Loan Cruyff, Loan UCL Soares, Loan IF Eder Militao and Dembele (that one made me cry). A couple of EPL silvers hit the dust too. All untradeable so no coins made from this.

This then left me with a problem in that I was 2 players short from being able to field a first team. Thank fuck for SBC's, with The Third Step one (and its Bronze Players Pack) saving me here. One of the players pulled was Rohner from Zurich who has 86 pace - fuck chemistry, he'll be straight into the side after I've played my first game.

Did a couple of other objectives and this was the side that faced Sagan Tosu in our first game in the offline division 10 Professional League.

With Miller being the player bought for the starter objectives - decided I'd buy the first bronze I saw from the whole list with a BIN of 200 and that was him.

I hadn't played with bronzes in this version yet and fuck me, it's hard work. Their attempts to trap balls can genuinely travel for yards and any sort of passing fluidity can be forgotten.

We fought hard but ultimately lost 2-1, going down to goals either side of half time, but did miss a chance to snatch a draw in the dying minutes.

This man will be immortalised in Nice US's history though, as our first goalscorer.

Toggle Spoiler

That agility was a weapon.

414 coins for the loss and all the starter objectives completed took us to just under 1,000 coins and our second pack. Kovacic was packed, but sadly on loan for 7 games, so he was shown the door.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 15-01-2019 at 02:33 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool Idea. There should be actual modes where those type of rules apply or just rules in general. How much fun would it be if you had to use a mix between bronze and silver players in some type of tounrument mode where you win more than a thousand coins each time you win.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Starter objectives done and this is my team now:

And yes, that is the Demba Ba who played for Newcastle and Chelsea.

6 games played, 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 losses, all offline. 6,941 coins in hand, with a few BPM goodies on the trade pile.

I'm closing in on opening my first Premium Gold Pack with coins.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And this is the sort of shit I'm talking about. New account, no history, first 7.5k pack opened outside of the starter objectives and I pack 85 rated Sterling.

Toggle Spoiler

Now, ok, it's not Messi, but from the pack odds on the screen the chances of packing an 84+ are 4.7%, so the chances of packing an 85? Got to be what, 2%/1 in 50?
    Last edited by Yevrah; 15-01-2019 at 04:24 PM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was actually a hell lot easier than I thought completing Stoichkov. Cost me every big player I had that I didn't use though.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Dumfries.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They look shit.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to do that Dumfries.

He looks insane.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    They look shit.
    Doucoure looks very good. RTTF Kondogbia-good.

I can do the EPL with whats in club as long as they've not gone mental with the requirements for the likes of Spurs and Arsenal. Might do it for Doucoure if there's decent stuff in packs with this promo on Friday.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Compare Doucoure to the KDB we got last year.

Unless they're going to reroll the sets later on, it's shit.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ratingsa will be much lower. Last year munich had an 83 rated sbc and this year they give them 79

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which for Bayern is pretty irrelevant as it’s cheaper to do it with a higher than 79 rated squad.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Decided to put 7 of my 8 swap players in the rare mega pack as I don't need Da Costa anymore and I need players + coins.

Got 85 IF Cathorla which goes for abut 35k, 5k and Lacazette too.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eredivisie & Premier League sbcs are out .

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.futbin.com/19/player/176...m=10&schem=100

So good.

PS4 early estimate is 136k on Futbin.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Compare Doucoure to the KDB we got last year.

Unless they're going to reroll the sets later on, it's shit.
    Agreed. But - it'll be cheaper and we have more money. Compare the other leagues req's vs last years and you'll find they're being far more generous on them - they came down last year on that previous too.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EPL is cheap. The only team I don't already have fully complete in the club is Man City, and most of them I am not even submitting my 80+ players in. Will do it, as the sell price of the players is way too cheap for me to bother listing them up and I'd like the packs for the promo this weekend. Doucoure is a decent reward for the Untradeables side.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I sell Mbappe I can do this:

EDIT: Don't worry about chem, they'd all be on 10.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, scrap that. i think I can scrape enough together to bring in Neymar into the current team, which will do me fine.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very jealous of both Best and that TOTY Marcelo.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is a tricky one. Best I can live without if I have Mbappe, who is beast, but I really want to try that Marcelo. I guess I can work towards him, but after grinding coins and trading since September, I really can't be arsed anymore.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 16-01-2019 at 01:05 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll have to get yourself back into the weekend league!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing that would make my team so I'm hoping for a high pick for my reds.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roy Krishna.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eredivisie SBC is up to 200k now, crash you cocks.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He links to Virgil and is immense, so it’s not going to go down for a while...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fabinho at CB is an interesting one.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    You'll have to get yourself back into the weekend league!
    There's a possibility I'll be on this weekend. Need to remember to redeem obs, and won't be able to play until Saturday, but I haven't competed for ages so I'm very tempted.

Went into Division Rivals with my new team last night, playing 4 games to get Rank 3 for the week (and the 32k of coins for the Neymar fund or packs if I'm feeling the save for TOTY should start now) and went 3-1, with a 3-3, 5-0, 6-1 and 4-2.

Comfortably my best set of results over 4 games and my team felt immense. Whether it's De Bruyne pulling the strings, Raul finessing the shit out the opposition, Sterling annoying people with his unique run animation or Mbappe just being Mbappe, the attack was so good. It's possible I just played some shit people (as the difficulty does tend to fluctuate), but I never win by that much anyway.

I am bored of this a tad though and need to do something next year to mix it up. It's too easy to get an obscene team and it'll be even easier for me to do so next year unless EA change things dramatically.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 16-01-2019 at 06:51 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it'll upset John, but here we are.

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSFIFA?ref...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Vinicius is going to be batshit.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aren't upgrades based on a standard formula, if so is there a website anywhere that would show us what an 88 Foden would look like?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Junior Vinicius might make me rethink things.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been pissing around with the ratings on here. Looks like they're all getting +15 upgrades, which if applied to each overarching stat makes JV look like so:

https://www.futbin.com/stats-calculator

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or the motherload:

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No way is Sanches getting another special card. Plus, all three are teens and I have a feeling the rest will be too.

I’d have money on Jaden Sancho being in there. Ampadu, Kluivert, Nelson, Dalot, Geubbels, sessegnon and Antonucci all have a shout. I’d like a decent Zagadou next to Varane if I can.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vinicius, Foden and de Ligts OVR's also align to their potentials in career mode:

https://sofifa.com/players?aeh=19

Riqui Puig, Odriozola for me.