Thread: FIFA 19 - Sponsored by Promes to Sevilla

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Managed to use that flick, twice actually:

Also my first ever kick off goal.
    That was headed towards wankiest goal territory, but the one-two saved it.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just packed IF Laporte from a bog standard 5k gold pack.

Second walk out on the account.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hernandez from the Loan Icon, a bit shit that.

Horn from my first 81-86 pack though, which is nice.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Done 10 of those 81-86's now and have packed:

86 Parejo (third account walkout, shame he's shit, but I might give him a go instead of Coquelin).
    83 Giuliano
    83 Pickford
    83 Horn

Not too shabby and I'm pretty sure someone like Nepenthez will manage to grind an icon from them.

Not sure what to do with Laporte. He sells for 60k+ at the moment and I have 74k of coins on hand, so it's tempting to flog him and go for an ultimate pack when we get them.

EDIT: Parejo in.
    Last edited by Yevrah; 16-02-2019 at 04:31 PM.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled it off again:

It is so effective against people who try to pressure you to fuck.

Won 6-3 with Rashford getting 5 of them.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flashback David Luiz. Yay the same recycled shite.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay so what gives with the Rashford POTM? I want to do it but he's gone from the 470k I was happy to pay to 620k. Surely that's not all because it's Saturday?

Also lol at the Luiz SBC. The twitter feed has announced a higher rates and much better looking 89 card, yet the game has it as 88 rated.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Typical weekly uptick, cross requirements with the base icon and POTM Goreztka.

Thats a lot of IF's needed.

People probably prepping/anticipating for OTW SBC too.

Man(c) of the People igor_balis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 wins 1 draw 2 losses. Came second. Thanks for the team advice.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Luiz SBC is doing my head in. With what I have in the club I can get to a squad rated one below the requirement on all three parts, but the existence of the SBC has pushed the price of all the cards that would put me over the line well above what I'm willing to pay for them.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm so shit at this game right now. My play is so predictable and turgid, I can't create anything.

I come up against people and their players are always moving into space, mine just stand there like total cunts.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Luiz is very tempting (EA say his stats will be updated to those on Twitter) with the hard link to Kante. Very little chance of me fitting him in the team though.

In other news, Best became my third icon packed this year, imagine the disappointment that it was his middle card, not the super mega prime version... still chuffed.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    84's & 85 are going for an insane amount thanks to the Luiz sbc. Their BIN have been upped drastically.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by igor_balis View Post
    5 wins 1 draw 2 losses. Came second. Thanks for the team advice.
    What team did the guy who won have?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Danny ‘The Williams’ Williams is a right knob. I tried to pick options to be down to earth and modest and he’s still a knob so now I pick the knobhead answers.
    The only plus side is while I make Hunter look badass, I give The Williams daft hair, awful clothes and the worst tattoos.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone on PS4 want to try do these two friendly seasons FUTSWAPS at somepoint? We can try one where we both score and quit to see if that counts

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still currently using the base Nacho Fernandez at CB for my Weekend League squad. I know there are a number of better options but I do like a lot of his stats, and good work rates too. His 86 UCL Live card is currently approximately 135k on Xbox - has anyone had any experience with him and whether he'd be worth that? Varane is the other obvious upgrade and he's only 80-90k, but I really have liked using Nacho so far so would like to use him more.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Haps card is causing me to re-evaluate. His strong link to de Ligt and soft to van Dijk (been planning on bringing in the former to upgrade Ramos and the latter after that as a further upgrade), and strong link to Bergkamp is tempting. Bergkamp's super mega prime version looks ludicrous. Either he or Gullit are essential to intro'ing some Dutch flavour. I won't be doing anything for a few weeks though - my UCL Suarez is catching fire. I paid 1.4m, and have seen his value slide to 1.3m, but it's now up to 1.8m with the knockouts upon us. The further Barca go, the more chance I have of instead getting TOTY Neymar or just keeping Suarez and going for TOTY Modric as my new playmaker instead of Bergkamp/Aouar (below).

The latest option is this, with Bergkamp/Aouar swapping. Ideally, I'd use 3/4 Icons on Bergkamp and my other 3/4 on a Ronaldinho to upgrade Neymar eventually.

Last edited by The Merse; 17-02-2019 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The lol shitshow continues. Sommer has been upgraded to 92 for some people but not others, they have him at 88.
    The Witsel IF also appears to have moved 1 rating too high for some.

The Luiz SBC has sent the market into overdrive. There hasn't been anything to pump cards back into the market now so prices keep rising.
    As such Rashford is now 600k to do. Luiz at just over 300k is tempting. I like Ramos but he is a little short. Though this brings in the feeling of almost an obligation of using a card like that when it is untradeable.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trying to work out whether to cash in on these prices or hold off in case Bergkamp or Henry SBC's drop. It's not just Luiz, clear to see other SBC causing the rise too, most noticeably the MLS one which has doubled in price with everyone desperate to link Allesandrini to FB Zlatan

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was a bit shit today (my players had the worst first touch ever) but I won my last 2 to see me get 11-6 for yet another week.

Pogba, Rashford, Aouar and Raul is such a killer foursome, they are incredible.

It took Rashford about 5/6 games to even score when I first bought him and it's took another 10/15 for me to really understand his game fully having been so used to Crespo. He's now at 48 games, 54 goals and 17 assists.

Aouar is also at 20 games, 12 goals and 14 assists now.

If any of you are thinking of doing Rashford's SBC don't (unless you've got mountains of untradeables) and just grab his HL card. It's cheaper on PS4 and a touch more expensive on Xbox and yet he'll have the same stats when his next IF drops and can go higher.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my freinds has alos been banned for something to do with GK Sommer. They changed the rating or something after it came out?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rare Mega Pack for coins. Marco Asensio, so could have been worse.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time was fairly limited in the end, but got up to 11 wins before I knocked it on the head last night. I need to start earlier with the Weekend League; I ended up 11-5, my best record so far in terms of W/L, and if I had more time I could have pushed on to better rewards. It's hard to do so with a little one, but I would love to get more than 1 pick & better packs regularly.

Oh, and for last weeks rewards I took 85 Bellarabi as my player pick, and my reward/MM packs got me IF Hinteregger, IF Jedrzejczyk and OTW Denis Suarez, not a bad haul for SBCs there.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ended up being able to do that Flashback Luiz for about 35k outlay, which given the packs that came with each part was not too bad at all. As always though, the game will take whatever chance it can get to boot you in the balls, and the best player I got from the Rare Mega Pack was Neto, who I'd submitted as part of my squad for that part of the SBC. Lovely. Got a total of 16 squad fitness cards from the three packs though, so could have been much worse, and the Luiz itself looks shit hot.

I've been edging back into actually playing this again too, and the gameplay is much better than it was at the start. It helps that I'm verging on having a super team worth several times what it cost due to fancying Felipe Anderson to have a good season early doors and betting on Sterling in the UC Live promotion.

GK - 88 CL Alisson (recently upgraded, early untradeable pack pull)
    DL - 87 UC Live Telles
    DC - 89 Flashback Luiz
    DC - 84 Swap Juan Jesus
    DR - 78 Scream Rafinha
    MLC - 90 Arthur
    MC - 88 IF Fernandinho (recently upgraded)
    MRC - 87 CL Firmino
    LF - 88 OTW Felipe Anderson (recently upgraded)
    RF - 89 UC Live Sterling (recently upgraded)
    ST - 91 IF Kane (early untradeable pack pull)

Firmino aside, because he costs buttons, the only player there who cost me anything like what he's worth now is Arthur, and even there I got in early and got him for 150k less than he now sells for. I paid 35k for Anderson, he now sells for a bit over 300k, and though the 209k for Sterling is a lot, it's nothing like the 550k he now sells for, and that's before he's had the upgrade for when City inevitably smash Schalke. Telles has doubled in value too, so hopefully Porto can turn that tie around and he triples.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can reorganize my formation to get Luiz in and keep Alves on full chem. Looks like I am going to do the SBC and when Kimpembes value goes up with his 88 rates I’ll probably cash in. Luiz and POTM VVD at the back means I can also get DDG in rather than Lloris (there for the chem link to Kimpembe)

Probably look to do that tonight and flog whatever high rates I have left after. Should be cheap as I have some big untradeables in the club (regular KDB, Alba and Allison some of the better ones)

Edit: that team looks like a lot of fun @John do you line up like that in game? If only you got that Dani Alves flashback!

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping someone in here would do that Luiz card. How does he play @John ? I reckon I can do him with the 200k I have and the IFs/Untradeables I've not dealt with since Thursday.

He'd be a straight swap with TOTY Ramos in my team. I've also been trying my recently upgraded red Rashford as a RAM in my team, almost like using him as the loan card for the POTM card. He's good but a tad clunky. I do see he is pretty much +4 or +5 on every stat that isn't pace on the POTM variant. However with the headliner being there it would be a gamble.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't used him yet. Will probably play a few games tonight so I'll have a verdict then.

Yeah I don't fuck around in game, Danny. Everyone is on full chemistry anyway, so there's no need to.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look forward to the review!

I've just got back from the weekend away and learned EA have said there will not be another prime Icon SBC. There would only be the ones from the Icon Moments players, which cuts out us getting Gullit, Eusebio, R9 or Ronaldinho. I now regret doing Riijkard a little. He's good, but half the reason I did him was to turn him into one of the ones I mentioned before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve used FB Luiz for a few games and I’m really impressed. Seems to have no weakness and the fact he can dribble and pass out well from the back is a huge plus. Best CB I’ve used albeit the best CB I’ve got is Futmas Thiago Silva.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    I haven't used him yet. Will probably play a few games tonight so I'll have a verdict then.

Yeah I don't fuck around in game, Danny. Everyone is on full chemistry anyway, so there's no need to.
    Fair enough! Seen a few people running Firmino in midfield but wasn’t sure if you went 4-1-2-1-2 with it.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In EAs latest wisdom, they've brought out OTW SBCs for both winter and summer players.

They require 83/84 rateds depending on which you want. As such 84s are now selling for 8k a pop pretty much instantly. I had enough in the club to do a few, hoping to get something good from summer as theres a good 6 or 7 that are usable. I got Malcolm in the first, which was a horrible troll. Then 81 Dembele in the 2nd so I've stopped there.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pulled Denis Suarez OTW in my rewards earlier who’s bilge. Tried a few runs at the summer OTW and only turned up equally crap players. Luis Muriel on my final go, who will do.

Also picked up Piatek for cash who’s been donning it at Milan and will definitely go up (if EA remember to adjust their ratings...)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Fair enough! Seen a few people running Firmino in midfield but wasn’t sure if you went 4-1-2-1-2 with it.
    Firmino is pretty much perfect in midfield. His high/high work rates mean he does his share of defensive work, and going forward he's a proper all rounder. I think he's played somewhere in the region of two hundred games for me, with just over a hundred goals and just under a hundred assists.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got enough golds now to start doing the Advanced SBC's.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got that OTW weekly objective in one sitting today, which I was more than a bit happy with given I play with only two TOTW - Griezmann, who is out on the left, and Lala at RB. I was also pleased as most of the games were in D4, having finally stopped sabotaging myself to remain in D5. I'm actually finding 4 more enjoyable and have clocked up 6-1-1 in the division this time around.

Anyway, I got Smolov

So, I recycled him, opting for the OTW Tradeable (All) SBC that needs 1 TOTW, 1 OTW and 82 OVR. Whacked in 8 untradeable 82, an untradeable Keita 83, a shitty IF Che Adams (who admittedly got me one of the objective goals as a supersub) and Smolov, thinking at the very most I'd lose about 10k in opportunity cost for the Untradeables.

Got Felipe Anderson, of little use to me given I have a red untradeable who is now 87 and is my B Team, but netting 250k after tax. Literally only Ronaldo is worth more

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Worked for the OTW player in the weekly objective after it turned out you can get any, not just a winter one. Just plugged 86 Werner in and off I went.

Doing this reminds me why I hate Rivals. I had people taking the ball into the corner in a rivals match on several occasions. People going 1-0 up and taking all 10 outfield players behind the ball and only playing counter attack.

I came up against I think 1 person doing the objective. I guessed so because he put his only TOTW player in Lala as a striker. It took me 17 games to do this, between losing and then winning some games without getting Werner to score etc. My reward was 81 Dembele who I had from before, so I had to put him into the SBC to get rid of the duplicate. It gave me Dembele right back. I threw it back in again and ended up with Piatek(?) Not the worst as he's playing well in real life but not worth all of that grind.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Errr sorry @Gray Fox. It really should be that one of us had a miserable spell that took ages but ground to an Anderson whilst the other enjoyed their games immensely, got it done in minimal time and ended up with Dembele but the selfish cunt in me is glad I had my cake and ate it...

Mind you, yes I am finding lots of 3-depth sides. I’m breaking them down though now, largely with Cavani first time shots and creating space for Griezmann, who scores from Van Basten-on-crack angles across goal all the time. Will miss him immensely when the time comes to let go of him (to replace Koke more than him, a LW Griezmann would be the stuff of dreams for me.
    Last edited by The Merse; 19-02-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries, I can absolutely not complain about my pack luck this year so it's all good.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Serie A upgrades have hit, few massive boosts but good for the 2 big GKs from the league if you have their TOTW /red items.

That Alan though.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boyata with a shadow on him looks decent.

https://www.futbin.com/19/player/194...m=10&schem=100

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Serie A upgrades have hit, few massive boosts but good for the 2 big GKs from the league if you have their TOTW /red items.

That Alan though.

Some very tidy little upgrades in there too (my main team is a Serie A team).

I am moist for that Allan

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just got back from the weekend away and learned EA have said there will not be another prime Icon SBC. There would only be the ones from the Icon Moments players, which cuts out us getting Gullit, Eusebio, R9 or Ronaldinho. I now regret doing Riijkard a little. He's good, but half the reason I did him was to turn him into one of the ones I mentioned before.
    Get him. He's the base David Luiz but about eighteen times more so.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasteful Barcelona could not convert any of their 25 shots in a goalless Champions League last-16 first-leg draw against Lyon.
    You fucking shambles. Was looking forward to Suarez being further boosted this weekend

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're doing the Prime Moments though, and I imagine they'll be similar to the top end prime Icon SBC's. Fucking hope so anyway, I've 6 of the cunts, only 1 of which is even making my B Team.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could maybe squeeze David Luiz out of what I have now and the 200k left in my club.

Selling TOTY Marcelo now would give me back what I spent due to his price rising. I'd have 1.25m on hand. Doing Luiz would get me close to 1m. I wouldn't have to replace Marcelo with coins due to the upgrade to Robertson, however it would knock Neymar down on chemistry.

It'd leave me with a million to spend on pretty much whatever I wanted.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why are we not getting an Icon Moment for Gullit, Eusebio, R9 or Ronaldinho?

I mean it doesn't matter for my team, but why wouldn't they do those players.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They said they’re releasing further sets after winter refresh.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5/7 done for the OTW objective. Just conceded a shit goal with 5 mins to go to draw 3-3 when I was on for another one.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Joao Cancelo went up to an 89 damn... Mertens to 88 that's cool