User Tag List

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Premier League Fantasy Football 2018/2019

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started off that way, just stuck the players I thought were decent but then I started paying attention to the fixtures for the following week but when I look at other clubs they just seem loaded with top drawer players. I didn't even know the values go up on players or that some weeks are double week points.

It just seems pointless putting in time and effort when I don't even know the rules properly. Is there not a site that gives you a general idea of when these things occur? I'm really annoyed at the last error as I put some serious thought behind my team this week and now it's going to revert back to the one I had prior to that.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean that rule is literally explained when you click the button so I’m not sure I can offer you a better website.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are loads of websites, the main one is fantasy football scout.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can only use the app as it doesn't recognise my details when I try to log in on the website. I'll have a look at FFS but it's still frustrating. Lack of concentration I guess if I've bypassed that message.

actually yeah it logs in.
    Last edited by Smjffy; 22-12-2019 at 04:33 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    All those sites are wank. Look at James’ performance compared to my strategy of ‘pick players/teams you think are good’ strategy.
    The websites are a massive help. Knowing when players are going up/down in price, being the first to know about blanks and doubles etc.

Someone who puts in research will always do better eventually.

I have finished in the top 25,000 seven times, mostly thanks to just being ahead of the curve.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What are blanks, Andy?

Maybe I should just use the remainder of the season to try get some sort of 'game plan' instead of quitting outright.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A blank week is a week when a team doesn't play. So this gameweek Liverpool and West Ham didnt play.

When that game gets rearranged they will play twice in a game week which is a double week.

At the end of the season you have a few busy game weeks with 15+ matches and a few quiet game weeks with 5-8 matches. Need to be on top of the blank weeks asap.

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK. So I used my free hit and took out the Liverpool players as weren't playing this week believing a few players would forget to do that so the week we play West Ham, I'l get double points for the Liverpool players as the rest of the teams on that particular week have already played that extra game. Is that right or am I being a simpleton? I've rejoined now but it's quite confusing to a complete novice.

I mentioned the other week that this is the first ever time I've gone past the first/second week before forgetting I even registered. If I knew now what I didn't know at the beginning of the season for example I would have loaded up with a few promoted teams purely because they tend to put the cat amongst the pigeons. IE, Sheff United. Every point seems to matter.

Is it worth planning more than a week in advance? I noticed I get two free transfers every two weeks, so should I be assessing clubs fixtures and getting in early on those players or do as I have been the last couple of weeks and just changing my team to those I think will play against the weaker opposition.

My thinking this week was De Gea as I expected a clean sheet against Watford for example. Most of my team this week did OK, 6 points for defenders (Burnley, Sheff United clean sheets), stuck in Jimenez as they were against Norwich and brought in Jesus as I anticipated Man City winning. I just want to make sure I'm doing it right is all otherwise what's the point.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get the points for players who play in the gameweek, so you'll get them for Liverpool players if you still have them.

The freehit is vitally important for the FA Cup clusterfuck weeks and/or the double gameweeks at the end of the season - although if it's a double and you use your freehit then you can't also triple captain.

The second half season wildcard (does that still exist?) also has to be used more judiciously with the above in mind.

And, after all the thought in the world, your team might still end up shit.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck you Son.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Son’s crying now; cheers.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright experts, how is the City selection bingo going to go over Christmas? I quite fancy getting Mahrez in as he seems in good form and obviously doesn't need resting. Should I trade from Sterling and Alli to Mahrez and Mané?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is going to be a grim week. Vardy and the Turkish fella dropped. Can imagine Mane and Martial will be too. At least my cup opponent had the exact same strike force as me and I’m already ahead of him having only 1 player playing compared to him 4. Only way he can beat me is if Henderson and Alli outperform Pope and Martial/Traore

Fuck like you cook.
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    FML. Why even bother dropping him when you're not in Europe and playing loads of games? FA Cup is where they should have given him this rest.

Fuck you, Rodgers.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    Alright experts, how is the City selection bingo going to go over Christmas? I quite fancy getting Mahrez in as he seems in good form and obviously doesn't need resting. Should I trade from Sterling and Alli to Mahrez and Mané?
    I’ve dropped Sterling and Kane for Aguero and Mane, which I feel is a good upgrade now that Aguero is back. I’ve also captained Aguero this week after he was subbed off so early (when Ederson got sent off) in their last match.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smjffy View Post
    FML. Why even bother dropping him when you're not in Europe and playing loads of games? FA Cup is where they should have given him this rest.

Fuck you, Rodgers.
    Missus had a kid today I think.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wildcard activated

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somehow I triple-captained unwittingly. Thats the second chip this season I have activated by accident. How does that happen? I think the App is a bit fucked or something.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trancemeister View Post
    Wildcard activated
    What’ve you gone with?
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    Somehow I triple-captained unwittingly. Thats the second chip this season I have activated by accident. How does that happen? I think the App is a bit fucked or something.
    Just click it again and you can undo it, I'm pretty sure.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Potential for triple captaining this week though, just got to work out who of TAA, Mané and Firmino are most likely to play both games.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before Liverpool played last night, Gazzaniga (bench) had more points than my entire team including captain combined. 6.5 million out of 7.1. I need a big triple captain and for Trent to do nothing.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by -james- View Post
    Just click it again and you can undo it, I'm pretty sure.
    Yeah but both times I haven't noticed until the gameweeks were started.

Captain Salah ended up scoring 7 points which isn't quite good enough considering you'll normally look to get at least 4 from a Double GW for the Triple Cap so.

So now I only have my wildcard left this season and I'm a bit fucked by the end.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm TCing this week. Probably going for TAA.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right choice IMO. He's my Cap and I think I would have triple if I still had the option.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's something that my team wants you to know,
    This week I'm triple captaining Bob Firmino,
    Si Senor, pass the ball to Bobby and he will score.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always a massive gamble doing the forwards on double gameweeks. Liverpool will do some rotation for sure.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll rotate for the cup game at the weekend. I would expect to see the full front three for both league games, but you never know.

I reckon Trent is more likely to be rested as they have some defensive options coming back.

It's not the most slam dunk double gameweek seeing as they have two away games, but then is there going to be another one where you don't use one of the other chips?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not for me

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve wildcarded. Captain VvD.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Firmino captained. Sterling GTFO.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bump

Is there any angle to this late double City and Arsenal have? I guess most people won't be in a ready position to take advantage with them having no game last week and it doesn't feel worth burning a free hit for. Watch Aguero score game breaking back-to-back hattricks now.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm ignoring it. I have KDB and Auba and I'm leaving it that way.

Pep's baldness means it's not worth bringing in a second City asset, and I can't see any other Arsenal player scoring points against City.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've captained De Bruyne and fully expect him to sit out the first match now.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gratz to the Day Trippers.

I won’t post the table because people can get pissy about their names showing, and I’m on my phone so can’t quickly edit them out.

Completely neglected this early doors this year but have already started a new document ready for next season, to be updated on the regular between now and 12th September.

Would anyone want to do a paid league next season for Ł5 each? I did one with some horseracing mates and I sent the winner the full Ł130 PayPal pot this morning. Gutting! Suppose a new thread could be made when the website is updated with a poll for it? Can run a free one alongside it if people can’t afford five English pounds.

Also decided I’m not arsed about my mates doing another draft league. Drafts are shite, nobody ever pays attention to them beyond picking their squad, and it’s too much effort arranging everyone to be in the pub/online at the same time. So if TTH did a paid league it’d be your bog standard league type and certainly not head to head.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be up for a paid league. A fiver seems reasonable.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could entertain it now that I'm back for good.

Finished on 2267, real poor last few weeks and got stung by the lockdown and holding back on my chips but top 100K finish so respectable.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I completely gave up after I realised saving the wildcard was rendered pointless by project restart and that failing to play the bench boost in that first gameweek back was fairly game breaking.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dropped out earlier than ever this season but a paid league would interest me.

I'm not sure it should be winner take all though.

Winner gets 70%, second gets 20% and third gets 10% or something.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be up for a paid league. 2nd this year and finished in top 50,000, pleased with this.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niko_cee View Post
    I completely gave up after I realised saving the wildcard was rendered pointless by project restart and that failing to play the bench boost in that first gameweek back was fairly game breaking.
    Having a wildcard after lockdown was a huge advantage. Meant you could build a bench boost team for that first game week after lockdown where City and Arsenal had double game weeks, and then wildcard immediately to set up for the rest of the season

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but to do that you'd have to have figured the first part out (the bench boost bit), which I didn't until I saw what Andy was up to with his team after the fact.

Then disillusionment set in.

They should never have allowed unlimited transfers prior to the restart really. Rendered all my careful plotting/transfers through the nothing happening gameweeks to build a restart ready team, even if that probably only extended to bringing in a few injured players like Rashford when they were still technically crippled.

The Artist Formerly Known as Taz
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a mug's game this season with the lockdown nonsense. I'd saved my TC and had to waste it on first week back meaning BB was wasted completely on a bog-standard single GW. My wildcard was wasted to.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aubameyang is a midfielder this season

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have I missed something or doesn't he play literally through the middle as a centre forward?

As a midfielder he'd have to be in everyone's XI, making it a ten man game.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Aubameyang is a midfielder this season
    It's stupid but understandable, he spent most of last season as a wide forward similar to Salah, Mane Rashford etc.

They have to either keep doing this and reclassifying wide forwards as midfielders or they end up with all the good attacking players as forwards and then you end up with hardly anyone to pick in midfield.

I've thought for a while they could do with a wide forward category as well as defensive midfield. I guess things like thay takes away from the simplicity of it all.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With Salah, Mane and Auba as 12.0m midfielders, I reckon almost everyone will have KDB at 11.5m.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saka is the best value at 5.5 that I’ve found so far. Maybe the keeper too assuming he doesn’t get dropped.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saka is good value until you consider Arteta wasn't using him a lot at the end of last season, and that might be the same again now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neither of the Manchesters playing in week 1, and then having fairly decent fixtures feels like immediate wildcarding is going to be almost mandatory unless you want to take a big hit/chance it in the first week.