User Tag List

Thread: UEFA U19 European Championship 2018

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UEFA U19 European Championship 2018

The highlight of the summer is here. It's in Finland and starts today. The games in England's group are to be broadcast on Sky Sports.

Here are the groups:

Group A:
    Finland
    Portugal
    Norway
    Italy

Group B:
    England
    Ukraine
    Turkey
    France

England are, of course, defending champions, and this is the squad they have named:

Goalkeepers: Ellery Balcombe (Brentford), Jamie Cumming (Chelsea)

Defenders: Trevoh Chalobah (Ipswich Town, on loan from Chelsea), Nathan Ferguson (West Bromwich Albion), Ed Francis (Almere City, on loan from Manchester City), Tariq Lamptey (Chelsea), Dujon Sterling (Coventry City, on loan from Chelsea), Japhet Tanganga (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Tom Bayliss (Coventry City), Elliot Embleton (Sunderland), Conor Gallagher (Chelsea), Nya Kirby (Crystal Palace), Adam Lewis (Liverpool), Max Sanders (Brighton & Hove Albion), Marcus Tavernier (Middlesbrough), Kelland Watts (Newcastle United)

Forwards: Ben Brereton (Nottingham Forest), Niall Ennis (Wolverhampton Wanderers), George Hirst (OH Leuven), Ben Morris (Ipswich Town)

It's a bit of a second string, and is missing a number of eligible players such as Foden, Sancho, Mount, Sessegnon, Willock and Nketiah, who are presumably preoccupied with pre-season preparation with their clubs. France definitely look the side to beat based on squads named.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can understand the likes of Sessegnon not being there but Foden, Nketiah and others you would think should be. Are they that close to the first team at their teams that they need to be involved in pre-season.

I used to try and watch this youth tournaments during my university days, but I just don't get time anymore as they are usually on during working hours.