User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buying all the cars is like 1.3m or something. I don't actually have that much money at the moment (maybe 140k?)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah well I probably won't be buying all the cars, or even that many more. I've got a bike and a Porsche 911 from different quests and I'm pretty happy with those, as well as a cyberdeck that lets me have six quickhacks ready to go and the legendary versions of the gorilla arms, mantis blades and the projectile launcher.

STILL haven't used the nanowire, anybody else done much with it?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well somebody likes the Suicide quickhack.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/dlc - "early 2021"

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, that was announced a while back wasn't it?

Or are you ing suspiciously at whether all this other shit they need to fix means we'll get it that early or not?

I hope they also just add random quests here and there as they did with Witcher 3. Of the one-off quests in that one of my favourites was the one with the Cat school witcher and it was one they just added a while after release.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, can't imagine it'll be a big B&W style thing first, probably just some cosmetics. Would be great if there's some bigger general quality-of-life improvements as well as just some new trinkets. Still feel like the performance isn't where it should be for base consoles.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I expect there'll be some toys and maybe a few linked side quests but yeah, if they release that stuff before they've fixed a good chunk of the broken shit that'd be a bit of a kick in the teeth for those affected even if it's not monetised stuff.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I've hit the point of no return in the main story which has caught me off guard. I'd say I'm surprised (at how they've weighted main story to side stories) rather than disappointed. I mean I've put dozens of hours into this and the big sidequest chains feel substantial and important enough to V that they probably could have been tied into the main story chains so there's still lots of story / character stuff there for those who want it, it's just not mandatory.

Regardless I'll be clearing out the side stuff (not the blue NCPD icons) before I move onto finishing the main story.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The NCPD things are a bit shit but you can get some great loot from them. Worth knocking them off. They're mostly just against low-level gimps so you can smash through them easily and ransack the rewards.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I needed money or gear (other than as cosmetics) I'd be doing them but I don't so I just leave them be unless I'm right there, in which case I let Contagion do all the work. Although the legendary version of the silenced sniper rifle is also, obviously, stupidly powerful. The ?s and Fixer sidequests will do me fine.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah - the sniper rifle is dumb. It can just shoot through anything? Ridiculous and overpowered. It doesn't even have some Perfect Dark-esque laser firing mechanism

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I mean guns are very much a thing I do when I fancy a change from taking down gangs with my mind, obviously. Especially given the cybermod where the only way shooting people kills them is if you shoot them after they've been downed the first time. Because cyber tech magic makes sure that a double barrelled shotgun to the face is a NON LETHAL takedown.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John Arne View Post

GTA V is 7 years old??
    That is bad. However, was cyberpunk supposed to compete?

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds how mega GTA V was/is.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've watched about a third of that video and there's no individual thing that would be close to appearing on a list of things that make a game better or worse. Overall polish, absolutely. CDPR clearly a) should have delayed again (or just not committed to a release date when the game was so clearly far from having everything fixed) and b) just don't have the experience for this sort of game which is why you see GTAV (a game that is very good but much less to my taste than janky ol' Cyberpunk is) doing all that stuff and having some of the detail in physics, etc. which CP2077 does not.

Anyway, I have now finished it. Dunno if anybody else has other than presumably @Dark Soldier ?

Toggle Spoiler

All in all a very janky game that I'm looking forward to playing again once it's been polished up a bit better and I'm not sure currently where it sits on my all-time list but I'd say it's objectively a 7 or 8 out of 10 game that sits higher for me because the CDPR writing I loved from the Witcher games is all there. And I'd be well up for a future sequel once this one's run its course.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even when CDPR has a game down as finished, they don't feel that polished. I had to redo the Bloody Baron fist fight in Witcher 3 because the game made him invulnerable. And there's a weird blur effect going on when the game transitions into certain cutscenes.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had a weird bug along those lines, I forget the specifics of which, during my second Witcher 3 run which was odd because I'd had nowt like it the first time.

I think it might have been some random archespores, as if they weren't horrible enough to fight at the best of times.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    Reminds how mega GTA V was/is.
    Really is an amazing game. It's up there with my most favourite games of all time with

Pokemon Red
    Gran Turismo Sport
    Cod Black Ops 1

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I've watched about a third of that video and there's no individual thing that would be close to appearing on a list of things that make a game better or worse. Overall polish, absolutely. CDPR clearly a) should have delayed again (or just not committed to a release date when the game was so clearly far from having everything fixed) and b) just don't have the experience for this sort of game which is why you see GTAV (a game that is very good but much less to my taste than janky ol' Cyberpunk is) doing all that stuff and having some of the detail in physics, etc. which CP2077 does not.

Anyway, I have now finished it. Dunno if anybody else has other than presumably @Dark Soldier ?

Toggle Spoiler

All in all a very janky game that I'm looking forward to playing again once it's been polished up a bit better and I'm not sure currently where it sits on my all-time list but I'd say it's objectively a 7 or 8 out of 10 game that sits higher for me because the CDPR writing I loved from the Witcher games is all there. And I'd be well up for a future sequel once this one's run its course.
    Haven't finished it yet - been working on clearing my backlog so not played it much of late. Loving it though.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been back into this since the patch and despite there being a few bugs still I have been enjoying it. I did a bit of romancing, few side quests and moved the main plot on significantly and have to say I really like the game, despite the valid complaints. The only major criticism for me is the fact the cars handle like absolute shite.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been chipping away at it too. I'm at what I believe is the point-of-no-return mission so am just clearing off icons before I get it done.

Driving, the mini-map and the shit inventory systems are the worst things about it, bugs aside. There should be a way to avoid having to do the hacking mini-puzzle once you're sufficiently levelled up too, it's very tedious.

The story is great though and there's some really awesome characters. It definitely feels like a Cyberpunk dystopia, but overall it's more of a 7/10 game as a lot of the gameplay mechanics get in the way rather than improve things.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CDPR hacked and looks like some n'er do well might have the source code to 2077/Witcher etc. Fun times

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's really been a good couple of years for CDPR.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's when they complain the .txt file (C'mon, any hacker group's got to put that ASCII image somewhere) about the 'half-finished and half-covered mess of problems' that gets me. That's how the sausage is made, lads.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your have been EPICALLY pwned!!

I'm a twit

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Patch notes for the long-awaited 1.2 update: https://www.cyberpunk.net/en/news/37...ist-of-changes - lots of stuff, not sure it'll fully address a lot of what people complained about

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why is that screen tearing? Are they still on a crusade to give everyone who plays their game a seizure?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've decided to take the plunge to buy it. Should be arriving in the next few days.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What platform you on?

I've no idea how much jank is still left on consoles after the big patches.

No idea if anybody else in here ever finished it but I liked it a lot (on PC where the jank was less severe.)

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Xbox One so could still be a massive struggle.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somebody can correct me but I think a) PS5 had it the worst and b) the PS4 and XBone weren't as bad as the next gen broadly speaking.

So you might be okay.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Older consoles got the worst of it. I have been running it ok on a PS4 with an SSD though, especially post the latest main patch. I took a break for a while but am close to finishing it up.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No idea if anybody is interested in this for PC and waiting for it to go below a certain price but it's currently £25 on GOG:
    https://www.gog.com/game/cyberpunk_2077

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would hold fire. Game just isn't that good and their long-term roadmap doesn't seem like they're gonna do a No Man's Sky anytime soon

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoyed it but I might have been after something different to most (I don't care that the combat becomes a bit of a rinse, for example) and even by the slightly better standards of the PC version I seemed to get very little jank.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was going to say I've held off until the PS5 update becomes available at the very least to see what's what.

I bet there's a great game there, but given the way things have gone, they might need a patch or two after that as well. I do wonder if CD:PR could speak openly and honestly, how much longer they would actually have needed to get the game out to avoid the disaster it had.

I always hate seeing companies cave in and shove it out for the Christmas period, hoping to fix it later.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They should have sacked off the last gen consoles and waited to release it on the PS5/Series X

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've played of it I'm minded of the opposite of when the BBFC tried to cut Texas Chainsaw Massacre to make it pass with an 18 certificate. No matter what they did the nature of the piece was so unrelentingly grim that they couldn't get it in what they deemed a fit state for release.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next Gen patch supposedly coming soon: link - stream at 3pm UK time. Don't expect much but would be nice to see some decent progress rather than just some new hats and shiny graphics

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you have more than one shitty apartment yet and is the weapons menu not a complete clusterfuck and are the perks still rubbish (e.g. 1% increase in damage)?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CDPR are always crap at 'perks' if this and the Witcher games are anything to go by but then in this you've got cybernetics so I can't say I cared that the level-ups themselves weren't that exciting.

Not that I really did in the Witcher games either, to be fair.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    Can you have more than one shitty apartment yet and is the weapons menu not a complete clusterfuck and are the perks still rubbish (e.g. 1% increase in damage)?
    I only just got in and tuned in and it seems they've given you 4 new places to rent.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the start but there are new apartments to buy. Can edit your appearance mid-game. There's some improved pedestrian logic when there's gunfire etc. New guns and throwing knives. Obviously a load of next gen graphics updates

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if they think it's anywhere near a state yet where they can start talking about proper DLC.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They kept saying the phrase "DLC" but it definitely isn't that. This is probably the state it should have launched in.

There's also a free 5-hour demo you can download of the next gen version. Lol, £35 for the full game
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; 15-02-2022 at 04:37 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've started playing this recently, the PS5 version. I bought it at release but it's just been sat there. Admittedly I never touched it on the PS4, the bad press put me off, so I don't know how broken it was, but it seems fine (so far) on the PS5.

My initial thoughts are that the world is fantastic. The whole setting is very much up my alley and it feels very, I don't know, "lived in". I'm liking it. The gunplay is very solid too. I'm hacking and stealthing a little bit but then just dropping people with the shotgun when it all kicks off and then quickly carving them up with the sword when they're down. It's a lot of fun.

I've dumped most of my points into "body" so far. I went in on the hardest difficulty so it's helping with the survivability a bit.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am absolutely ready for more Night City once they're done fixing it all for all the non-me people who is was broken as fuck for and get some DLC out.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I finished the prologue (if you want to call it that, basically the first five to six hours of the game) and thought it was ace, very cinematic and cool setup for the story.

BUT:

Toggle Spoiler