123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK I'm a bit into this now, at around Level 10, and past the Prologue. Now hunting around for people who can help me with that Chip in my brain.

So far, I have to say I'm quite impressed. I don't get all the shit this game got (but I gather it was full of bugs before). The game does really remind me of Fallout in a different setting (or parts of Outer Worlds, maybe).

I'm missing some calm moments and change of scenery (Night City is immense, but it's so far very much the same frantic dystopia wherever you go).

So far my character has mostly Body and Reflexes points, and I'm gearing up to be as beefy as possible to run around with a Katana, with Pistols as the backup (I really wish I could somehow dual-wield Pistols and Katana but alas it seems not).

The gimmick with Keanue Reeves character isn't bad. Makes the experience a little less lonely. I can see how it develops into some sort of paranoid, philosophical who am I situation down the line, or some such.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What platform did you say you're playing it on? I think some still are more janky than others.

As you'll see if you've perused the rest of the thread I had a fairly big free experience and had a good time with the game in the whole. The combat is meh and you can easily become overpowered depending what route you take but I just love how CDPR build stories and characters up and I really enjoy just being in Night City.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazuuurk View Post
    I'm missing some calm moments and change of scenery (Night City is immense, but it's so far very much the same frantic dystopia wherever you go).
    If you start as one of the people outside the city I think you get a different experience. The badlands or whatever it's called are kinda reminiscent of Fallout NV. The later missions out there are pretty cool

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    What platform did you say you're playing it on? I think some still are more janky than others.

As you'll see if you've perused the rest of the thread I had a fairly big free experience and had a good time with the game in the whole. The combat is meh and you can easily become overpowered depending what route you take but I just love how CDPR build stories and characters up and I really enjoy just being in Night City.
    I quite like being overpowered in games, as you know I don't like too much of a challenge. But yeah combat so far seems very 1-note (and I can see how the lack of variety of enemies will get a bit tiresome unless it divesifies... basically killing gang minions a bit like Assassins Creed or something).

I'm suspecting coming from having just played Horizon Forbidden West doesn't do me any favours here either, as Combat in that is fantastic.

Still, I agree with your sentiment so far. Currently I'm pursuing some quest where I'm hunting a lady called Evelyn Parker and the story seems to just take darker and darker turns and has a proper Film Noir feel to it so that kind of thing is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    If you start as one of the people outside the city I think you get a different experience. The badlands or whatever it's called are kinda reminiscent of Fallout NV. The later missions out there are pretty cool
    OK sounds promising.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it's the one I'm thinking of the Evelyn Parker stuff is pretty great. I'd really like to replay it to be honest but I feel I ought to wait until the DLC is out whenever that finally comes.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really enjoying this game. Not at all as bad as I thought. I suppose going in with low expectations does that.

I also expect this game got a lot of criticism simply for not living up to Witcher 3s standards.

I'm in that phase of any decent open-world RPG where you are just bombarded by new quests, and the to-do list is growing quicker than you can sort of fix things.

Delamain might be my favourite character so far

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the Delamain stuff is fun.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did another amazing quest yesterday. Helping out detective River (nice chap) find his missing nephew. Wow was that a dark ride.
    Would have made for a compelling film in itself.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, one of the best quests that. Have you met Panam yet?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have, we're practically soulmates

One thing I do feel they got a bit wrong in these darker quests is the soundtrack. It is still a little the same everywhere, i.e. pretty damn frantic and just some sort of electro or rock thing going on. It's all well and good when chopping up gang-minions in the city - but when you are trecking into some dark basement full of atrocities, it sort of prevents you from fully appreciating the ambiance, so to speak.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panam's great. All the romanceable characters get the due amount of attention in terms of writing, story, voice acting, etc.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the only thing is when you sort of concluded the story arch, it's a bit like she fell of the map.

Recently did the main quest bit with the Voodoo Boys.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK so, I find myself at what I gather is the point of no return in the main story. I got here pretty quickly to be honest. I'm at level 38, and while I mostly plow through anything I encounter, I do feel like I never really explored the city much. Quite a few Side Gigs left, and a TON of the small fixer Gigs.

So now I'm running around trying to mop things up. But I hate being in this state - you are basically just postponing triggering the Endgame and that sort of takes away the feeling that you are "discovering" the city.

I have to say it annoys me when the Main story is disproportionate to the side quests and exploration like this.

Still mostly enjoying it, though.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I quite liked the structure of the story but I do see what you mean. The main story strays off into what feels like sidequests at times which makes it easy to power through.

I tend to try and spoiler -free check where I am in the main story of an open world game these days so I have a rough idea of where I'm at so I can say "right I need to spend some time.on Side Stuff."

Been doing that with Spider-Man too.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/cyb...liberty-review

Seems to be getting good reviews elsewhere, both for the DLC content and what they've done for the game overall as well.

I think I'll wait and see if there's more story DLC set to come and then do a new playthrough.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the final expansion, I thought?

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google tells me you are correct, in which case on the list it goes for after the few things I currently have in the queue I guess.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've just start playing this for the first time, and as with similar games, it's all a bit overwhelming in respects of information.

In the first 30 minutes I've been introduced to about 10 different people, with 10 different relationships/aim/objectives, 4 or 5 side quests and just shed loads of random information. I'm gonna keep going, but I do find these types of games just way too quick to bombard you with this stuff.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love this game but it's so laggy on my standard PS4 I can't play it.

The graphics and setting are incredible.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I've finished the Phantom Liberty DLC for Cyberpunk and I have to say that while it doesn't fix all of the game's issues by any measure it's a really cracking bit of DLC. The main story has a good mix of spy-movie stuff and big AAA, action-movie bombast, I really like Dogtown as an area and even the side stuff is broadly improved. The side missions and gigs in particular feel a lot more substantial compared to the main game/area having a lot of "sneak /kill your way through three rooms and nick a thing/kill a bloke" type efforts.

I didn't end up finishing the story in such a way that either my game ended in the DLC (which I think is possible) or having a new ending option added to my later options so now just deciding whether to choose the best ending for this run/character, which will likely be the same as last time, or whether to just choose a different one for the sake of it. The feels bad so given there's no more new DLC or whatever coming for this I might do "my" ending then reload and see the others.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I did an ending and then saw all the other ones too (well any that didn't mean replaying a bunch of the game) and I have to say the effort that goes into making the endings is quite something. Unless you finish the game during the DLC then you are basically choosing an ending at a certain point, but unlike Mass Effect 3, Deus Ex: HR, etc. that then just determines how your last 2-3 hours go.

Toggle Spoiler

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hooked on this agaiin now, the work they've put into fixing it is superb. Looks astonishing maxed out at 1440p too

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good man. You got Phantom Liberty I take it?

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Good man. You got Phantom Liberty I take it?
    Yep, just finding a good time to do it.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Yep, just finding a good time to do it.
    You may have already looked into this, but my suggestion would be leaving it quite late before you then go past the main game's PONR. It is possible to end the game in Phantom Liberty depending on your choices so as well having done everything else first. Or at least most of it so you're just dipping out of Dogtown between times to mop up your last few things in NC itself.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers mate. Most stuff around the net say to wait until the mainquest is PONR, which apparently is told to you explicitly so I'll dive in then

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah if you go to approach the main quest PONR it pops up warning you that you're seeing the game out from there. I was a little caught out again how early the PONR actually appears, and also that there's a lot of side stuff which doesn't even start until you've hit that point.