User Tag List

Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: The Summer Transfer Thread [17 May - 9 August]

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chambers isnt good enough either. Most of the time ive seen him, he has a bad game and makes mistakes. Im all for playing the homegrown English talent, but he is clearly not good enough.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like all of Arsenals youngish players are "still quite young, like 22-24, and can still step it up a notch" but never will. Like I don't see Holding turning into anything special either.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who was the last youngster to break through at Arsenal?

*Not a loaded question. Could be recent, I don’t pay that much attention.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maitland-Niles, Iwobi, Bellerin. Holding looked like he'd broken through 18 months ago but regressed last season.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Given the situation, Arsenal is in. You cant really be sticking by players who are 'one for the future' You need players for results right now. Holding is better than Chambers. Both are probably never going to be good enough to be in the England squad.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Arsenal need to get ruthless.

They need to realise they're in a very good position to take risks. They're the worst team in the top 6 and were so by a long way last season, but they would have to catastrophically implode to finish lower. That or a new team would have to challenge, which wont happen.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Maitland-Niles, Iwobi, Bellerin. Holding looked like he'd broken through 18 months ago but regressed last season.
    Fair enough. I had no idea Bellerin and Iwobi were youth prospects. Thought they had been signings.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fulham were linked with Chambers earlier in the week. Not sure how much substance there was to the rumour, but we do need a centre-back; we can't get by with Denis Odoi there for the Prem.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray Fox View Post
    Arsenal need to get ruthless.

They need to realise they're in a very good position to take risks. They're the worst team in the top 6 and were so by a long way last season, but they would have to catastrophically implode to finish lower. That or a new team would have to challenge, which wont happen.
    Ruthless how? They’re in the unfortunate position of being owned by an investor that seems to do things by the book. That means paying more than just lip service to FFP. They can’t just go out and Man City the shit out of the transfer window, even if Kroenke wanted to.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Griezmann is having a video in which he announces his decision aired on Spanish TV tonight #LaDécision" (<--- yes they've really given it a hashtag).

Jesus Christ...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Fair enough. I had no idea Bellerin and Iwobi were youth prospects. Thought they had been signings.
    Bellerin came when he was 15 so it's one of those inbetween ones. Iwobi's been there since he was 7 though.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LeBron James style. Hope he doesn’t black up again.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck is going on with people. Didn't he just have a press conference saying he's not going to announce anything?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post
    Griezmann is having a video in which he announces his decision aired on Spanish TV tonight #LaDécision" (<--- yes they've really given it a hashtag).

Jesus Christ...
    What a cunt.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holding and Chambers will be back ups, John O’Shea/Wes Brown types willing to rotate I and fill a gap. Mavropanos is a real prospect, whilst Sokratis is clearly is fo the caliber required to make the improvement we need this season and the next whilst being phased out.

You don’t hoard 5 world class centre halves, and I also think you don’t wholesale jettison guys that show promise and have performed previously after a couple of years being exposed by a complete lack of midfield presence and structure in the defence. It’s unlikely Emery will turn them all into worldies, but if one or two of the current stock could become a squad or first 11 mainstay then that’d be great. Ultimately we lack the cash and cache to buy 8 new top class defenders en masse, so a bit of faith in the new man to get better results from the personnel that stay and input into the right decisions being made over those retained and recruited is all you can ask. I’ve not got blind faith (lost that sometime around the van Persie debacle) anymore, but I can manage a bit of optimism and confidence in getting behind the new guy.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikey M View Post
    Ruthless how? They’re in the unfortunate position of being owned by an investor that seems to do things by the book. That means paying more than just lip service to FFP. They can’t just go out and Man City the shit out of the transfer window, even if Kroenke wanted to.
    Get the cheque book out.

None of the deadwood should still be there either. Keep some of the promising youth if there is much, but bring in first team starters.

But as you say, they don't have a City style budget usually available, that's where the risk is. Try not balancing the books for once.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    Holding and Chambers will be back ups, John O’Shea/Wes Brown types willing to rotate I and fill a gap. Mavropanos is a real prospect, whilst Sokratis is clearly is fo the caliber required to make the improvement we need this season and the next whilst being phased out.

You don’t hoard 5 world class centre halves, and I also think you don’t wholesale jettison guys that show promise and have performed previously after a couple of years being exposed by a complete lack of midfield presence and structure in the defence. It’s unlikely Emery will turn them all into worldies, but if one or two of the current stock could become a squad or first 11 mainstay then that’d be great. Ultimately we lack the cash and cache to buy 8 new top class defenders en masse, so a bit of faith in the new man to get better results from the personnel that stay and input into the right decisions being made over those retained and recruited is all you can ask. I’ve not got blind faith (lost that sometime around the van Persie debacle) anymore, but I can manage a bit of optimism and confidence in getting behind the new guy.
    Lol at you comparing them to Brown and O-Shea. I understand what you are trying to say, but they are levels below, even if you want them to play those type of roles. If Arsenal doesn't play with two strikers in Laca and Auba, it will be super disappointing.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomlegend View Post

Jesus Christ...
    He had one two days ago and claimed it wasnt the time or place. What a fuckboy.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That wasn't organised by him, it was a national team thing. All the players are doing them.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But 2 days later, on the day the World Cup starts, it’s the time and place. He remains a ‘fuckboy’.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if he decides to move to, say, CSKA Sofia?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SincereTheRebel View Post
    Lol at you comparing them to Brown and O-Shea. I understand what you are trying to say, but they are levels below, even if you want them to play those type of roles. If Arsenal doesn't play with two strikers in Laca and Auba, it will be super disappointing.
    They worked at the end of last season with Auba as a Martial/Rashford-esque winger cutting inside. It was the highlight of the season seeing him and Lacazette develop an attacking threat and bringing out the better parts of Ozil and Ramsay’s games. If Torreira signs it gives us licence to move Rambo back to CM with emphasis on him going forward, running behind Ozil at 10 and Mkhitaryan, Aubameyang and Lacazette as the front three looks good to me.

Again, I don’t think we’ll pull up Trees next year but I’m quietly confident we’ll see an improvement and less of the ills of the latter-Wenger era with regards to the midfield and defence.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's staying at Atletico

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Complete Cornball.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't imagine they even want to keep him anymore

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Griezmann/Costa partnership for a full season

Lemar is a proper player as well.

More successful than most Magic's Avatar
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kin ell Forest just signed a player for 13m.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BBC Gossip column
    Chelsea have turned down an £18m bid from Arsenal for Brazil defender David Luiz, 31
    What's more insane about that? That Arsenal want to buy him, or that Chelsea doesn't want to sell him?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think when they say 'turned down', they just mean Arsenal got an out of office auto-response.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    I think when they say 'turned down', they just mean Arsenal got an out of office auto-response.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Expect Alisson to Join Real Madrid for about £40m.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That barely seems like an upgrade on their current shot-stopping flapper. It probably even isn't.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keylor Navas is quite good isn't he? Or maybe he's just been made to look so by the German mongs he's been up against it.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He seems to be about as good as you're going to get without breaking the bank for a ready-made super 'keeper (Dave Gayer, matey at Chelsea). There is probably a huge and unresponsive transfer bureaucracy lumbering from target to target after the first three have been ruled out.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really want De Gea but i guess he will cost a fortune.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    He seems to be about as good as you're going to get without breaking the bank for a ready-made super 'keeper (Dave Gayer, matey at Chelsea). There is probably a huge and unresponsive transfer bureaucracy lumbering from target to target after the first three have been ruled out.
    Courtois isn't signing a new contract. He'd be on a free next year.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can probably get Karius for 6 quid.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    Courtois isn't signing a new contract. He'd be on a free next year.
    There you go. Chelsea could always throw daft money at him to stop the collapse, but you would expect a competent organisation to have nobbled him with a pre-contract offer already.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our twitter account, and the foreign replies, are the best thing on Football Twitter at the moment. Each day they hit a new high for irrelevant tat to troll all the transfer queens.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wolves have managed to sign Rui Patricio on a free after he terminated his sporting contract. I imagine he becomes the team's number one with John Ruddy becoming backup or sold. This is how things go.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't he almost move for £18m to Wolves earlier?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Andy Mahowry View Post
    Didn't he almost move for £18m to Wolves earlier?
    Almost but he got scared after those freedom fighters attacked the Sporting Lisbon players at a training session. A four-year deal with releases clauses. I seem to remember Julio Cesar signing for QPR and he was awful and was relegated after one year.

ram it up your shitpipe Giggles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can all the Sporting players slip out of their contracts? I never heard how all that finished up.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    Can all the Sporting players slip out of their contracts? I never heard how all that finished up.
    No idea but it seems the most wanted players are attempting to slip away for free.

I would prefer Ruddy to stay as number one but that is never going to happen now. I fully expect a Portuguese defender to arrive at Wolves Mendes now. No thanks Pepe. Stay in whatever league you are in.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Giggles View Post
    It's ongoing. Seven of them have had their contracts nullified so far, basically all their good players, but I doubt that'll be the final total.

Between Patricio, Dost, Carvalho, and Martins it's a solid hundred million quid worth of talent available for nothing.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Safe to say the mob fucked up then?

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liverpool were on about buying Gelson Martins for £30-40m last season as an alternative to Salah. Given prices have increased since then there's no reason he wouldn't be the same or more.

I'm sure West Ham were quoted £30m odd for Carvalho too.

This has properly fucked Sporting over.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad that we paid £53m for Slimani and Silva before all this. And their mental President fucked us over with Silva contributing to the 14 second delay and all that nonsense.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The funny thing is, the president is elected yet has killed the club. Rui was about to move for money but then the chairman decided to bump the price and get more money. The keeper went fuck it and tore up his contract.

It's sad really that one crooked individual has set the club back 5-10 years.

Mentioned
    138 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikó View Post
    The funny thing is, the president is elected yet has killed the club. Rui was about to move for money but then the chairman decided to bump the price and get more money. The keeper went fuck it and tore up his contract.

It's sad really that one crooked individual has set the club back 5-10 years.

The animals set the club back.