Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC thread

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahow View Post
    Johny Hendricks is done.

Thompson absolutely demolished the shit out of him.

Hard to see where he goes from here, he's been on a slide since he won the title as he started to look towards not losing a fight rather than winning it. He's not going to touch any of the upper tier lads unless he gets one big punch off which looks unlikely, he can't move down as he struggles to make welterweight as is and he'd be torn to shreds and tossed around like a rag doll at middleweight.
    His ambitions may have changed since he won the title but he said he only fights in MMA to fund his love of wrestling, so I imagine three or four well paid years in the middle of the pack would suit him fine. He's probably done as a properly top level guy, although Stephen Thompson could do that do just about anyone on the feet. He's only had three fights since he won the title, one of which was the loss to Lawler, one of which he won, and the other he lost because he got cocky about his standup and paid the price against a far superior striker.

I don't see much of a shift towards trying not to lose there, if there's been a shift at all. He's just had a bad run.

Donald Cerrone is fighting again in a fortnight, by the way. When the fuck was that announced?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kevin Randleman has died of pneumonia.

Forty four years old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Kimbo Slice vs. 'Dada 5000' fight from Bellator's show on Friday is probably the worst fight I've ever seen. It's very entertaining in a perverse way though, I haven't laughed as hard in weeks. It's worth going out of your way to watch even if just to see John McCarthy's complete disdain for both of them. One of the actual judges for the fight was in fits of laughter during the whole thing too.

I had high hopes for Royce Gracie vs. Ken Shamrock in the year 2016 being just as hilarious but Royce finished it quickly (albeit after a low blow he admitted was intentional). Hopefully that debacle of a show will persuade Bellator to stop putting on so many joke fights, although I'm sure the TV rating will end up being far higher than if they booked main events with real fighters so probably not.

EDIT: here's the finish of the Kimbo fight

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Conor is looking fucking huge.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kimbo was still gasping for breath during the post event press conference and he wasn't even the main event.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Waffdon View Post
    Conor is looking fucking huge.
    Yeah, he looks good in the interview with the Irish bloke.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dos Anjos is out.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that's fucking shit.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken foot, so there's no chance of pulling McGregor and rescheduling for a quick turnaround.

Cerrone will step in, the fucking nutjob. He fought the other night so weight shouldn't be an issue, and he finished it quickly so he should be in decent nick.

I'd fancy McGregor to mince him, but it'd be a nifty payday and if he did pull it off it would be massive.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ffs.

I wonder if they might just pull him.

If Eddie Alvarez was fit they could chuck them together for a interim title, I doubt Khabib would be ready and Pettis is coming off a loss.

Those are the top 3 guys in terms of rankings, after than you've got Tony Ferguson who is fighting Khabib in a month and a half and Cerrone who just fought at welterweight.

I guess Nate Diaz is the most viable option.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Broken foot, so there's no chance of pulling McGregor and rescheduling for a quick turnaround.

Cerrone will step in, the fucking nutjob. He fought the other night so weight shouldn't be an issue, and he finished it quickly so he should be in decent nick.

I'd fancy McGregor to mince him, but it'd be a nifty payday and if he did pull it off it would be massive.
    Cerrone fought at Welter though, I doubt he'll be able to turn around so quickly jumping down a weight class.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I forgot Cerrone had jumped up. He'll be kicking himself now.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking about it, there's no way they can pull him. A card sold with a superfight headlining can't function with the women's title taking top billing. Someone will have to step in. Khabib would smear him across the floor if he was ready to go, but I reckon Alvarez is more likely.

His fight was grueling but I don't think he picked up any serious knocks, did he?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assumed he had, he didn't even get a medical suspension.

Must be a first for a fight that went the distance, they usually hand out medical suspensions (with provisions) for fun.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be plenty of grindathons that have gone the distance without anyone suffering serious damage.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched that Kimbo Slice fight mentioned above, when it was on, and haven't laughed at MMA so much since Brock's chats with Joe Rogan.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dada almost died in hospital after it, apparently. He left his cut too late and dehydrated himself so badly his heart stopped and he went into renal failure that night.

Obviously he isn't a highly tuned athlete, but how the fuck is that allowed to happen in such a large organisation. Bellator is a joke.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well that fucking sucks.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of begging that is being done right now must be comical. I imagine Diaz will be given it. The shittalking will be a right laugh.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd love it if it goes to Diaz.

It's always fun seeing a Diaz getting smashed in the face and Conor would destroy him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's Diaz at Welter.

Apparently they were making it a catchweight and negotiating the specifics but McGregor told them to make it at whatever weight Diaz is comfortable with, he didn't care. Fair play.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McGregor

I cannot wait for him to punch a hole in Diaz's face.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and both Aldo and Edgar were offered the fight but turned it down.

Aldo wrote this earlier in the year too:

Hi everyone, i was quiet for a while because i was waiting for my rematch based on how the fight Went down, in fact I was already training for it, but apparently I was wrong. So I wanted to make something clear to UFC: for everything I have done, everything I have accepted and mostly how the fight ended, I will not accept any other fight other than a title shot . My only exception would be fighting thenotorious , at any time, anywhere , and once that he is afraid and knows that I'm gonna win .... Doesn't have to be title fight against him. Keep my belt, but I wanna whoop ur ass anywhere.
    @danawhite @lorenzofertitta @ufc keep ur word. I still believe in the company that I work for.
    #rematch

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edgar's injured.

This should be great. Conor really gives no fucks, does he? If they were fighting at LW, there really was no upshot at all for Conor. I'd be more excited with him in WW - MacDonald and him would be tremendous.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/2/24...nference-video

Diaz is so far out his depth here. Cruz/Dillashaw all over again.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    33 minutes in

He makes gun signs with the right hand and animal balloons with the left hand.

Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got to give it to McGregor, he's going all the way up to 170 just to let that stoned mental fucknut fight him.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd have been cutting to lightweight from about 180 anyway, so he's made things easier on himself as well as on Diaz. Diaz doesn't look like he walks around any bigger than that so there won't be a big difference between them. He's probably smaller, actually, because he doesn't strike me as having the discipline for a thirty pound weight cut.

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Diaz wins, it could be the best post-fight in-octagon interview of all time.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    If Diaz wins, it could be the best post-fight in-octagon interview of all time.
    I'd agree with that. I'm looking forward to alot more trash talking and banter with this.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I reckon Diaz will be absolutely insufferable if he beats McGregor, which I thankfully cannot see happening. He was bad enough when he knocked out a terminally ill Gray Maynard, can you imagine the ego if he derails one of the biggest hype trains the sport has ever seen?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might start watching these, when is all this going on?

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disco View Post
    I might start watching these, when is all this going on?
    There's one on tomorrow. Britain's Best Michael Bisping versus the one-time pound-for-pound the best in town clown Anderson Silva. Main card starts at 9PM.

Then there's one on next weekend, but it'll be early morning.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Catching up on last night and the Omielanczuk/Danho fight was the most bullshit thing ever.

No stamina whatsoever between the two, then Danho decides he can't be fucked so when he gets punched low (it was on the belt really) that he can't continue. At least the technical decision wasn't given to him I guess.

Edit: Scott Askham's finish Christ.

Edit: Even though Anderson did by far the most amount of damage it was primarily from the flying knee in the third and the front kick in the fifth, I also gave the fight to Bisping.

Anderson spent far too much time against the cage trying to set something up.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus.

Speaking of him, he still wants Lawler at 200 for the belt.

"I mean, dos Anjos is an absolute bum, I swear," McGregor said. "And he's still complaining. How do you pull out of a fight with a bruised foot and he's still talking all this sh*t and his team is talking all this sh*t? Man up and fight. C'mon. I don't know what to say to this guy."

"I like Robbie," McGregor said. I won't say a bad word about Robbie. He fights with his heart. He's been around the game so, so long. But if we fought, I would beat Robbie. I'm too fast for him. The size difference is not anything. I've stood beside him. I've seen him."

"I respect [Lawler] as a champion, as a man who drifted off, came back, stayed on it and rose up and became the welterweight champion," McGregor said. "We'll see how that goes. That is an appealing one for me, the welterweight [title]. All the belts. We'll see."

Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the belts.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is the point in Nate Diaz?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qq6mMVR1ng

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard an interesting bit on Second Captains, apparently McGregors ultimate goal is to win in every weight. I'm no aficionado of the sport but that can't be possible surely?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was a throwaway comment he made, his goal is to win 3 belts.

You will not see Conor McGregor at 5 foot 9 walking into an octagon at 206 pounds or above (for heavyweight).

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's quite amusing hearing Nate always bring up McGregor taking on midgets when you look at some of the guys he has lost to:

Dos Anjos 5 foot 9, Ben Henderson 5 foot 9, Gray Maynard 5 foot 8, Koji Oishi 5 foot 8, Joe Stevenson 5 foot 7, Clay Guida 5 foot 7 and Hermes Franca 5 foot 6.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MacDonald/Thompson will be immense. Not sure about the other announcements.

I just really want to see Mcgregor /Lawler or MacDonald

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1am is when the prelim card starts on BT Sport 2, although the early prelims are about to start now.

Main card starts at 3am with the main event to go at around 5am.

Some interesting fights on the cards tonight, a little annoyed that Diego Sanchez/Jim Miller is on the earliest card but we're not in 2013.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There will be three or four early finishes so that'll end up on the card at some point.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I'm hoping for.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/3/5/...nto-full-blown

Jedrzejczyk, the UFC women's strawweight champion, and Gadelha got into a brawl after the finish of The Ultimate Fighter 23 recently, UFC president Dana White said Friday night at the EA Sports UFC 2 launch party at Mandalay Bay.

"Joanna Jedrzejczyk and Claudia Gadelha, on the last day of filming when everything shut down, got into a full-blown fist fight," White said. "Head kicks. Nasty fight in The Ultimate Fighter gym."

White separated Jedrzejczyk and Gadelha on Friday at the press conference just like he did in the final square off of the TUF season. But White was not around when the two were nearly alone together after the show wrapped, he said.

"The show is over, the cameras were put away," White said. "The sad and scary part was very few people were left in the gym. The last day of The Ultimate Fighter is almost like the last day of school. Everybody is signing each other's stuff and all this other stuff."

White said the two had a volatile relationship all season. And during the final faceoff, Gadelha cut off whatever Jedrzejczyk was going to say. White said Gadelha told Jedrzejczyk, "Shut the f*ck up, bitch."

"[She said,] 'I'm so fucking sick of listening to your mouth,'" White said. "And they started going at it and I pulled them apart."

The UFC boss said after the show finished up they were sitting on the benches and Jedrzejczyk threw a water bottle at Gadelha. Then, it erupted.

"You noticed when they were showing each other the water bottles [during the press conference]?" White said. "Joanna Jedrzejczyk hit her with a water bottle and that's how the fight started. Wait until you see this season of The Ultimate Fighter with these two. They hate each other and the staredown in the gym was even crazy before the fight happened."

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are always streams in the usual places. If you're getting into it though you should get BT. It's all on there for about a tenner a month

Banned
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)