GSP only really had one considerable layoff, and it was longer than Aldo's. He'll obviously know what he's talking about, but it hasn't happened to him often enough for his word to be gospel on it. Aldo has had two previous layoffs of a year plus and has come back with a win each time. The first one was early in his career so I haven't seen the fight, but the second was his fight against Frankie Edgar, and from what I remember of that fight I think his biggest problem might come from his long established lack of stamina being exacerbated.

McGregor is obviously great, but his stamina has never been seriously tested. I don't think it will be a war of attrition but I do think if one of them tires unusually early that will be punished in a big way.

You very much should buy into the hype for Weidman. I'm not even sure you can really call it hype at this point, the bloke is just an amazingly effective fighter. I fancy him to tear Rockhold apart in similar fashion to the way he dealt with Belfort.

Jacare is a fucking beast. I said for ages that he was the man to beat Anderson Silva, but I'll now update that to say he'll be the man to beat Weidman. It's going back a few fights and a couple of years, but the way he wiped out Yushin Okami was terrifying.

I'm looking forward to the Max Holloway fight. He's seriously good and should probably be fighting someone of greater note than Jeremy Stephens.