User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Magic of the FA Cup...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Napoli actually have a decent chance of winning the title after that win. Juve still have to play against Inter and Roma away while Napoli have mostly mid-table teams coming up.

Juventus:

Inter (A)
    Bologna (H)
    Roma (A)
    Verona (H)

Napoli:

Fiorentina (A)
    Torino (H)
    Sampdoria (A)
    Crotone (H)
    Last edited by Adramelch; 23-04-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Insigne wouldn't be able to hold the coppa given its three times the size of him.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that Big Sam has got Everton up to 8th, when they were 18th when he took over. Yet all I seem to hear are Everton fans moaning and giving him stick. Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There isn't a club in the land whose supporters won't turn against Allardyce, Pulis, McCarthy (Mourinho...) once the initial objective for getting them in has been achieved. People simply don't want to watch functional football.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were a right state under Koeman this season. An incorrect appointment would've seen them in a relegation battle. Entitled twats.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Floyd View Post
    There isn't a club in the land whose supporters won't turn against Allardyce, Pulis, McCarthy (Mourinho...) once the initial objective for getting them in has been achieved. People simply don't want to watch functional football.
    They want to be entertained ... but not by the opposition. Pity the run's stopped for us. I would've liked to have seen us get as close to Burnley as humanly possible. What a sentence.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    They were a right state under Koeman this season. An incorrect appointment would've seen them in a relegation battle. Entitled twats.
    It wouldn't have because there is just too much dross in the league for that, sadly.

You're venturing into 4 points from 8 games country with that line of thinking.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so. They were 18th and 14 games into the season. My brother's a season ticket holder and he said the consensus was that were seriously in trouble.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were 13th so I'm not sure how aware of the situation your brother could have been. Allardyce does this at every place he's at I swear. I remember ScousePig claiming he'd done the greatest job of all time by taking them from 18th to staying up by a point in 17th with only 30 games in charge. King of lowering expectations.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were definitely 18th when Koeman left:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41683786

Edit- though that was only 9 games in so I guess they could have been higher once Sam got there.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like they were 18th when he took over, but he was in the stands for the first game (which they won and it took them up to 13th).

I'm not entirely sure what that has to do with what my brother said though. He just said that the people around him were preparing for a relegation battle.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because people are idiots that don't realise that 28 games of a 38 game season is quite a large amount of points and get freaked out by the media telling them they're IN CRISIS. David Unsworth could have been put in charge all season and they'd have finished around Newcastle. We're less than 3 wins away from Tottenham despite playing like dogshit all year, the entire league is dross.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tell that to Southampton fans. All season I've been hearing how they have too much quality to go down. Reality has hit them in the last few weeks.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This gonna be the thread of the biggest fame of the season, or has someone got a Europe thread planned?

Either way:

Salah to score 4.
    I'm a twit

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SvN View Post
    Tell that to Southampton fans. All season I've been hearing how they have too much quality to go down. Reality has hit them in the last few weeks.
    I'm sure I probably said it in 2009.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Baz View Post
    This gonna be the thread of the biggest fame of the season, or has someone got a Europe thread planned?

Either way:

Salah to score 4.
    You could make one