User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Far Cry 5

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A helicopter can blow up, a look is for life. Dawg.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for a helicopter potentially blowing up.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phonics View Post
    I unlocked the wingsuit first thing but haven't found anything tall enough to wingsuit off. Hopefully there's a bit more verticality to the game than I've run in to. You had big fuck off mountains in 4 so it made sense.
    It's mainly used for when you unlock the airdrop skill/perk.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would anyone like to play through this Co-Op? (PC)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only played an hour but loving this so far, I think the Himalayas put me off 4 whereas this is all trailer parks and yee-haw stalking with a bow. I'm not sure I've done a story mission yet, I'm not sure which ones even are story missions.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I played the last one like that, disappeared off into the wilderness at the first opportunity to murder hundreds of people and drape the rancid skins of rare animals across my face.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've found myself stood in the middle of a road blowing shit up for chunks of time with no rhyme or reason.

Did a spot of fishing last night. Pretty fun and relaxing

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, you can pay £75 for this game if you want. Some people really must be complete morons.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They were selling a Ni No Kuni 2 Collectors Edition for 150 quid in my local shop. You couldn't even see what was inside it.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saw this for sale for £30 from ebay (turns out it came with a hard drive the seller bought but didn't want the game. It's the Uplay version, that'll work with the Steam one right?

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Picked this up today but probably wont be able to crack on with it until Monday.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty much done with the first island. Just the final boss to go. The way they've managed to make the flow of the game just going from point to point is really well done.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is great. Really fucking good. Loads of shit to do but ti doesn't crowd your HUD with markers anymore, its suitably mental while also being tense and the setting is perfect.

Was fishing earlier with a gun merchant just standing around behind me waffling away when all of a sudden I hear a loud scream, but I've got a catch and its a tricky bastard so fucked if I'm helping. Gun merchant innit, you got that shit. Reel that sucker in quick sharp, turn around and he's on the floor being decimated by a black bear who's now looking right at me, charges, knocks me into the water. I swim around to the side, chuck a remote explosive and blow it to fuck. Just as that happens I hear the YEEHAH of the hicks charging me, whip out a molotov and have them up in flames then shoot the canister on a flamethrower guy so he fucking explodes all whilst my gun merchant dies, I run away and stumble on a small side quest mission that gives me a slight puzzle for solid rewards, new gun and three upgrade points (perks).

Its a lovely world, feels like Far Cry refined. The world isn't scatted with map points, the gameplay feels very emergent, the gun play is satisfactory and all the shit ya hated is basically gone. Even has a solid health regen system that rewards running the fuck away and regrouping. Plus the roads are chock full of mentalists who will attack on sight.
    Last edited by Dark Soldier; 31-03-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty much done with the first island. Just the final boss to go. The way they've managed to make the flow of the game just going from point to point is really well done.
    When you say first island, is there an order you're meant to do them in?

I went straight to Faith.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    When you say first island, is there an order you're meant to do them in?

I went straight to Faith.
    First island is, I assume, Dutch's place where you start out.

I went for John Seed's region - I think that's meant to be the place you go first as it has a) Boomer and b) a lower "resistance score" than the other two areas. My internal logic was that he was doing the training/recruiting for the cult, so offing him would stop that supply. But it doesn't really matter which you pick.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I meant as in first boss. I did John first as it reccomends you do that one first.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honest opinions, lads: Far Cry 2?

I loved that game and the whole malaria thing just got usurped by the whole 'drug interlude' nonsense. Guardposts were bollocks but FC2 contained a level of planning to me that made each mission a little more interesting.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crap. FarCry 3 saved that series from going down the toilet.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Farcry 2 had the best fire physics I'd ever seen at that point, but the rest of the game was arse. The only fun I got out of it was lobbing a molotov into one end of a field and watching the blaze spread to the other side.

I enjoyed the last two but not enough to pay full price for this. I'll get it in a couple of months when it costs twenty quid preowned.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far Cry 2 is one of the greatest games of all time.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 for the Far Cry 2 love.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm almost certain I bought Far Cry 2 based on you singing its praises at the time DS. 2008 though? I'm not sure if you were around or still on hiatus at that point? It's very possible I could be confusing it with one of the (many) other games I've bought on the exact same premise.

It was a good game though, but (from what I remember) the gameplay was a lot more unforgiving, and the it was a lot more serious in tone. It also had perhaps the strangest voice acting I've ever encountered in my video-gaming life too. They all sounded like they were talking at about 1.5x the speed it has been originally recorded at, it was bizarre.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, it was very exaggerated African. You have actual proper actors in that cast, as well.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far Cry 2 was immense, high point of the series. Weapon selection mattered, your character and the setting made sense. The malaria mechanic and to a lesser extent the respawning checkpoints got really tired by the end of the game but it had atmosphere by the bucket.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have liked FC2 more if I'd had just a little more room to breathe in it. The flare gun, a sniper rifle and high ground above a grassy outpost was just a joy.

Would anyone like to play through this Co-Op? (PC)
    I will be but as we discussed, I dunno when I'll get it. Like John I probably won't be getting it full price.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dart gun or the giant sniper rifle/cannon plus a pistol was always the loadout of choice. Scoping out where all the gas canisters wee was a must.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I'm almost certain I bought Far Cry 2 based on you singing its praises at the time DS. 2008 though? I'm not sure if you were around or still on hiatus at that point? It's very possible I could be confusing it with one of the (many) other games I've bought on the exact same premise.
    Yeah it would've been me, it became an obsession for about two months, easily put a hundred hours or so into it. The world was unforgiving, it was harsh, it encouraged tactics and discipline. Truly phenomenal game, you felt as if you were the hunted.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cut scenes in this are pretty jarring. They never seem to happen at a point where you think it would make sense. Just haphazardly for no reason.

This is cool: https://youtu.be/gXJG8C4-X5Q - albeit you can jump out a plane and land on someone's head
    Last edited by Raoul Duke; 01-04-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soldier View Post
    Far Cry 2 is one of the greatest games of all time.
    The flaws were pronounced as fuck (repeating the same outposts and roadblocks over and over and both factions still gunning for you when you’re working for them) but, it was way, way, way ahead of its time. The malaria stuff was great too, sitting nicely somewhere between the over zealous implementation of the filters in the original Metro game and the underwhelming radiation poisoning in Fallout 3.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it would've been me, it became an obsession for about two months, easily put a hundred hours or so into it. The world was unforgiving, it was harsh, it encouraged tactics and discipline. Truly phenomenal game, you felt as if you were the hunted.
    This. When you learned how to master those tactics, trying different ones along the way, it’s incredibly empowering and satisfying.

3 was disappointing in being such a departure from that, though the sheer fun and production values made up for it (and especially blood dragon which might be my favourite DLC of all time)and 4 obviously repeated the formula. I see this one just continues to refine that whilst again having a largely disposable and at times jarring narrative. I’ll enjoy it I’m sure.

I never got around to the Primal one - the only in the series that I’ve missed... is it worth giving a go?
    Last edited by The Merse; 01-04-2018 at 07:45 PM.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found Primal to be complete shit, although I haven't really given it a fair crack.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Merse View Post
    The flaws were pronounced as fuck (repeating the same outposts and roadblocks over and over and both factions still gunning for you when you’re working for them) but, it was way, way, way ahead of its time. The malaria stuff was great too, sitting nicely somewhere between the over zealous implementation of the filters in the original Metro game and the underwhelming radiation poisoning in Fallout 3.
    The best thing was to plan your movement to avoid the roadblocks. Admittedly on some missions you couldn't but when traversing, just stick to the long grass and creep by.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    The cut scenes in this are pretty jarring. They never seem to happen at a point where you think it would make sense. Just haphazardly for no reason.

This is cool: https://youtu.be/gXJG8C4-X5Q - albeit you can jump out a plane and land on someone's head
    That is absolutely mental.

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that one where he drops on a guy from a million yards up a "non-lethal" takedown?

I love those. I got a similar one from Dishonored 2.

I also "knocked out" a Korean goon on that first beach in the original Crysis by nailing him with a washing machine from about 40 yards away.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best thing was to plan your movement to avoid the roadblocks. Admittedly on some missions you couldn't but when traversing, just stick to the long grass and creep by.
    That’s what I ended up doing. Especially in the second zone which had more jungle and less savannah. If spotted, Molotov the jungle, leg it around a corner then back to sneaking along and occasionally using a silenced sniper to pluck a head off some shoulders.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    Is that one where he drops on a guy from a million yards up a "non-lethal" takedown?

I love those. I got a similar one from Dishonored 2.

I also "knocked out" a Korean goon on that first beach in the original Crysis by nailing him with a washing machine from about 40 yards away.
    Yeah but he's incredible just in general.

He's also running round outposts sliding around getting headshots with a silenced pistol as well as lobbing C4, detonating it in mid-air and killing loads.

The guy is fucking good.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apart from on the other 50 attemptss where he fucks everything up.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah - he doesn't claim it's anything but pre-planned, but it just looks cool.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love watching StealthGamerBR play. He's just so smooth.

Check out his Dishonored stuff for some pwopa naughty stuff.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus Christ I just did Johns Bunker.

Farcry 5 is many things, a corridor shooter it is not.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here I am being amazing:
    https://streamable.com/45t82

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done that one. You can't even aim down sights while they're talking or they'll freak out. Jumpy fuckers.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taking out John Seed is a fucking dreadful mission. Plane-on-plane combat is a shambles. I sacked it off and used a chopper.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raoul Duke View Post
    Taking out John Seed is a fucking dreadful mission. Plane-on-plane combat is a shambles. I sacked it off and used a chopper.
    The mission before that that involves bombing things. My word. I nailed the first one and then proceeded to spend almost all of the money I had earned up to that point on more bombs.

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The planes being brought in to down you when you get to the second resistance level on John's bit is bad enough. What a dreadful thing to put in a game, or at least implemented in such a way that the plane can constantly see you.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yevrah View Post
    The planes being brought in to down you when you get to the second resistance level on John's bit is bad enough. What a dreadful thing to put in a game, or at least implemented in such a way that the plane can constantly see you.
    It's absolutely no threat unless you stand completely still.

I think they really fuck this games pacing by not forcing you to unlock levels in order. I just did the Jail mission in Faith land and once completed some woman gave me the stink eye because 'What have they ever done to stop this cult?'

I mean I've only killed one of the three heads and freed an entire third of the state. But yeah, what have I done really.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've now taken out two of the main bosses and unlocked most of the allies. The 50 cal sniper rifle is a must unlock ASAP - so effective, just like in previous games.

The story mechanism where you continually get kidnapped/drugged every so often to go and get lectured by Jesus hipsters is wearing a bit thin, mind.

I used to be funny.
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the game doesn't need four of them. My favourite one came in Far Cry 2. There's like a car right outside your cell.

Mentioned
    199 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike wants me to drop £23 (+£27 steam credit made from cards & pubg items) on this to co-op on PC.

Convince me it’s good.
    I'm a twit

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)